Mission 6

Moderator:USS America Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Mission 6

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: [uss_america_a] Re: Mission 6, Day 8 - Morning - A New Reality

Laura was deep in thought while watching Tomar as the two arrived. She looked over seeing Myers and remembering how she stormed out last night. The CEO had been up all night without any sleep. And like Chambers and others, she had her own doubts about the Kelvans and was less likely to leave her engine room unless she had to.

The southern girl nodded toward Myers panel. "Assume your station, Lieutenant." she said softly. "We're about done here."

Ridika nodded and replied, "Aye." She turned back to Greg, put her hands behind her back in a more professional manner, and said, "Thank you, Ensign," while secretly giving him a smile.

++++

Mallett was not about to stand for that. He gave Ridika a pat on her butt in a way that he knew Wells would see. He smiled at Wells and headed back to science.

tag - Wells

^^^^^^

She made her way to her panel and, still not trusting this Tomar character, ran a systems scan and diagnostic of the warp core. Everything seemed fine...for now...but Myers still had her doubts.

++++

The diagnostics revealed that America had double the warp capacity than it had the day before. Myers could not understand the configurations but she did know what the result was.

tags
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Re: [uss_america_a] Re: Mission 6, Day 7 - Beaming Up

Squinting her eyes and raising an eyebrow, Ridika averted her eyes back toward Wells with a burning glare as she answered Tomar calmly, "I'm sure the Chief knows what she's doing." With that, she shook her head, threw up her hands, and turned towards the door. "My shift is over. I'm done." With that, she walked out of Engineering.

Wells swore under her breath then nodded. "You and I will do it together, Tomar. Let's get it done before I change my mind and get in more trouble then I care to deal with." Laura moved to the control board and began to make the preparations. .

"As you wish. Perhaps it would be quicker if I just started working on the device that would increase your warp capacity while you do the disconnect."

"Whatever it takes." Wells began to decrease the warp power watching the instruments carefully. _Captain, you'd better know what the hell you're doing._ she thought worriedly.

He smiled over at the Vulcan Lieutenant as he started to work. "I remember another one of your race. He was rather intriguing. Spock was his name. Do you know him?"

T'Pruk noticed the look from Ridika and raised an eyebrow. _Humans are inferior. Emotions cloud their logic._

"I do. I do not believe there is a member of my race that does not know of him. Why the inquiry?"

++++

"I remember our last meeting. No others of your kind were on the ship. Yet, here, I see you. Is it common just to have one of your kind on a ship?"

tag - T'Pruk

^^^^^

Stepping out of the turbolift, Richard checked the phasers again and made his way through the corridors towards Main Engineering. There were matters racing through his mind, many of which centered on the Kelvans' motives towards this. They had claimed they were tracking down their children, but it felt there had to be more to it. Flashbacks of the battle of the colony from his past drifted into his mind, and he could hear the reports from both phasers and disruptors. He hated to admit it, but he felt more alive then than he did traipsing through a starship's corridors. Perhaps the people at the Earth Spacedock had been right, in claiming he was an old war dog trained to fight and that the galaxy didn't want anything to do with his kind anymore. There were days he wondered if that were true, if he'd been better off finding a career in the private sector as an instructor or perhaps even in civilian life.

Banishing those thoughts, Richard knew he had to deal with the Kelvans first and the first one was Tomar. Stepping through the blast doors of Main Engineering, Richard would take a position near the main entrance and knew his presence would probably raise a few questions from the chief engineer. He'd loosen a strap on the phaser at his side, the shipboard phaser rather than the assault one. The Type-2C Assault phaser was tucked into the belt at his back along with the spare power cells. If Tomar did anything suspicious or knocked the shipboard phaser out of his hand, he'd be in for a rude surprise.

Instead, he got a question from a junior grade Vulcan lieutenant. "Mr. Chambers, I do not believe there is a need for those weapons. You can put them away."

“Ma’am, I have my orders. The captain ordered me to this post,” Richard replied. He wouldn’t address the captain’s concerns here, with Tomar potentially listening.

Wells glanced over at Chambers wondering if maybe he was given more hidden orders then he was leading on. _Safety net?_ she wondered. _To cover my back?_

"Stand over there." she indicated close to the wall. "Don't get in the way. You're phaser is fine, just let us do our jobs."

Tomar laughed. "Whatever makes you feel secure, Chief. However," he stated as he pushed a button on his waist and Chambers became a crystal dodecahedron. "As you can see, it really isn't a threat to me." He pushed the button again and Chambers reappeared in place with his phaser.

[tags]

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 pm

ON

[Main Engineering]

Wells glanced over at Chambers wondering if maybe he was given more hidden orders then he was leading on. _Safety net?_ she wondered. _To cover my back?_

"Stand over there." she indicated close to the wall. "Don't get in the way. You're phaser is fine, just let us do our jobs."

Tomar laughed. "Whatever makes you feel secure, Chief. However," he stated as he pushed a button on his waist and Chambers became a crystal dodecahedron. "As you can see, it really isn't a threat to me." He pushed the button again and Chambers reappeared in place with his phaser.

He didn’t like being toyed with or changed like that, at the whim regardless of what race they belonged to. With his right hand, he gripped the phaser at his side and drew it from the holster. Leaving it at his side, Richard made sure the Kelvan knew even with his little belt that he’d crossed the line. Taking the phaser, Richard set it to one of the higher settings as he felt stun…even heavy stun would be too little and his eyes never left Tomar. He knew he’d get an earful from the chief engineer and her assistant about it, but Richard wanted to be ready if the Kelvan attempted it again. He had lived through the battle of the Sirus Colonies, had trained to defend the ship he found himself assigned to and he wouldn’t stand-by powerless as a Kelvan…little more than a teenager, did as he pleased. Richard wouldn’t tell the Kelvan what he planned, and all it took to bring other detachments with rifles to Main Engineering was a single flick of his communicator. Changing the placement of his feet, Richard mentally prepared himself to leap out of the way if things turned ugly.
[tags]

OFF

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Squinting her eyes and raising an eyebrow, Ridika averted her eyes back toward Wells with a burning glare as she answered Tomar calmly, "I'm sure the Chief knows what she's doing." With that, she shook her head, threw up her hands, and turned towards the door. "My shift is over. I'm done." With that, she walked out of Engineering.

Wells swore under her breath then nodded. "You and I will do it together, Tomar. Let's get it done before I change my mind and get in more trouble then I care to deal with." Laura moved to the control board and began to make the preparations. .

"As you wish. Perhaps it would be quicker if I just started working on the device that would increase your warp capacity while you do the disconnect."

"Whatever it takes." Wells began to decrease the warp power watching the instruments carefully. _Captain, you'd better know what the hell you're doing._ she thought worriedly.

He smiled over at the Vulcan Lieutenant as he started to work. "I remember another one of your race. He was rather intriguing. Spock was his name. Do you know him?"

T'Pruk noticed the look from Ridika and raised an eyebrow. _Humans are inferior. Emotions cloud their logic._

"I do. I do not believe there is a member of my race that does not know of him. Why the inquiry?"

"I remember our last meeting. No others of your kind were on the ship. Yet, here, I see you. Is it common just to have one of your kind on a ship?"

"No," T'Pruk replied, raising an eyebrow. "In fact there are seven other individuals who are either Vulcan or partially so."

tag or not

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Main Engineering]

He didn’t like being toyed with or changed like that, at the whim regardless of what race they belonged to. With his right hand, he gripped the phaser at his side and drew it from the holster. Leaving it at his side, Richard made sure the Kelvan knew even with his little belt that he’d crossed the line. Taking the phaser, Richard set it to one of the higher settings as he felt stun…even heavy stun would be too little and his eyes never left Tomar. He knew he’d get an earful from the chief engineer and her assistant about it, but Richard wanted to be ready if the Kelvan attempted it again. He had lived through the battle of the Sirus Colonies, had trained to defend the ship he found himself assigned to and he wouldn’t stand-by powerless as a Kelvan…little more than a teenager, did as he pleased. Richard wouldn’t tell the Kelvan what he planned, and all it took to bring other detachments with rifles to Main Engineering was a single flick of his communicator. Changing the placement of his feet, Richard mentally prepared himself to leap out of the way if things turned ugly.

T'Pruk watched as Chambers shifted the phaser. Moving up to him, she told him, "I do not think that your actions will logically give you the result you seek. I would advise you set aside your anger, Mr. Chambers. Perhaps you or both of us should speak to the Captain about this."

tags

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:32 pm

(Kirk/Teed) Mission 6, Day 7 - Checking In

Jessie stopped just shy of the turbolift "uh.. yes ma'am." she said. 'Do what you need to do? What I need to do is beam every single one of these Kelvans into the nearest star, especially that little brat but you ordered me to cooperate so that's exactly what I'll do... for now.' She gave a nod and polite smile then stepped into the turbolift, hiding her thoughts and not saying another word.

The commander was not happy with the situation at all but as far as she could see it the only way to deal with it was to what the captain said. Of course with so much at stake here she would follow orders, at least until she saw a way to get them out of it. Also she was in no condition to cause problems... it felt like the baby was growing inside her. She could actually feel it moving and kicking... something that she understood shouldn't be possible at this stage. She wondered what the doctor would have to say about this.

Jessie entered the sickbay holding her stomach. She wasn't in pain just surprised by how forceful the kicking of a baby that wasn't even supposed to be there was. She approached the doctor "Doc I think we need to talk."

Delaney moved away, not paying attention to Jessie. Ensign Teed approached instead. He looked down at Jessie's stomach, his antennae leaning forward with interest. In a soft voice he asked, "Commander Kirk, how is it that I may assist you? Commander Delaney has an urgent comm from StarFleet."

tag - Kirk

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Fw: [uss_america_a] (Kirk/Teed) Mission 6, Day 7 - Checking In

Jessie stopped just shy of the turbolift "uh.. yes ma'am." she said. 'Do what you need to do? What I need to do is beam every single one of these Kelvans into the nearest star, especially that little brat but you ordered me to cooperate so that's exactly what I'll do... for now.' She gave a nod and polite smile then stepped into the turbolift, hiding her thoughts and not saying another word.

The commander was not happy with the situation at all but as far as she could see it the only way to deal with it was to what the captain said. Of course with so much at stake here she would follow orders, at least until she saw a way to get them out of it. Also she was in no condition to cause problems... it felt like the baby was growing inside her. She could actually feel it moving and kicking... something that she understood shouldn't be possible at this stage. She wondered what the doctor would have to say about this.

Jessie entered the sickbay holding her stomach. She wasn't in pain just surprised by how forceful the kicking of a baby that wasn't even supposed to be there was. She approached the doctor "Doc I think we need to talk."

Delaney moved away, not paying attention to Jessie. Ensign Teed approached instead. He looked down at Jessie's stomach, his antennae leaning forward with interest. In a soft voice he asked, "Commander Kirk, how is it that I may assist you? Commander Delaney has an urgent comm from StarFleet."

'Hmmm and urgent comm from Starfleet... at least the Kelvans hadn't shutdown communications.' Jessie thought. Normally she would have waited for Delaney but something wasn't right. It felt like this kid was trying to kick its way out of her. Before she could answer another sharp pain overtook her and she grabbed her stomach, doubling over . Well the pain wasn't really bad or unbearable, she had been through worse. It was just inconvenient and worried her that this was happening far faster than it should have been. The next kick came and it was enough to knock her on her butt.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Main Engineering]

T'Pruk watched as Chambers shifted the phaser. Moving up to him, she told him, "I do not think that your actions will logically give you the result you seek. I would advise you set aside your anger, Mr. Chambers. Perhaps you or both of us should speak to the Captain about this."

NM

"Might be a good idea." Wells answered more concerned now for the security man's life then for him being there for whatever purpose the Captain might have assigned. _I wish I knew more what she might be planning. Am I supposed to just let these people run all over my engine room, change everything? What if they do something we can't undo or send us so far out of the galaxy, there's no hope of getting back?_

[tags engine room people]

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Mission 6, Day 7 - Beaming Up

--- In uss_america_a@yahoogroups.com, Marissa Weathers
<rachelheroine@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> Main Engineering]
> Â
> Wells glanced over at Chambers wondering if maybe he was given more
hidden orders then he was leading on. _Safety net?_ she wondered. _To
cover my back?_
>
> "Stand over there." she indicated close to the wall. "Don't get in the
way. You're phaser is fine, just let us do our jobs."
>
> Tomar laughed. "Whatever makes you feel secure, Chief. However," he
stated as he pushed a button on his waist and Chambers became a crystal
dodecahedron. "As you can see, it really isn't a threat to me." He
pushed the button again and Chambers reappeared in place with his
phaser.
> Â
> He didn’t like being toyed with or changed like that, at the
whim regardless of what race they belonged to. With his right hand, he
gripped the phaser at his side and drew it from the holster. Leaving it
at his side, Richard made sure the Kelvan knew even with his little belt
that he’d crossed the line. Taking the phaser, Richard set it to
one of the higher settings as he felt stun…even heavy stun would
be too little and his eyes never left Tomar. He knew he’d get an
earful from the chief engineer and her assistant about it, but Richard
wanted to be ready if the Kelvan attempted it again. He had lived
through the battle of the Sirus Colonies, had trained to defend the ship
he found himself assigned to and he wouldn’t stand-by powerless
as a Kelvan…little more than a teenager, did as he pleased.
Richard wouldn’t tell the Kelvan what he planned, and all it took
to bring other detachments with rifles to Main Engineering was a single
flick of
> his communicator. Changing the placement of his feet, Richard
mentally prepared himself to leap out of the way if things turned ugly.
>
> Â
> T'Pruk watched as Chambers shifted the phaser. Moving up to him,
she told him, "I do not think that your actions will logically give you
the result you seek. I would advise you set aside your anger, Mr.
Chambers. Perhaps you or both of us should speak to the Captain
about this."
> Â
> NM
> Â
> "Might be a good idea." Wells answered more concerned now for the
security man's life then for him being there for whatever purpose the
Captain might have assigned. _I wish I knew more what she might be
planning. Am I supposed to just let these people run all over my engine
room, change everything? What if they do something we can't undo or send
us so far out of the galaxy, there's no hope of getting back?_
Hide message history
> Â [tags engine room people]
>

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Mission 6, Day 7 - Beaming Up

(OK, this time in plain text, and previewed before I post it... Bleah...)

Brian looked up as the volume of the conversation the other side of Main Engineering picked up. Security guy was looking tense, the alien visitor was looking calm, Wells was looking uncomfortable, T'Pruk was looking... Brian took a deep breath... T'Pruk was looking cool and capable as ever.

Then, security guy disappeared, leaving a multi-faceted gem of some sort on the floor where he'd been standing. Brian's jaw dropped. The alien was looking smug as all hell – it had to be him doing something, but what? Then, security guy reappeared, for all the world as if nothing had happened.

Shaking his head in disbelief, Brian made his way quietly over to T'Pruk.

"That... whatever the heck just happened... I think that happened to me earlier." A worried look crossed his face, "Are there any side-effects?"

TAG – T'Pruk

What could they do? The visitor seemed to be holding all the cards. Brian wondered, if they were prepared to do that to someone, what if what they wanted the crew to do was something bad? Would he be able to contemplate sabotage? B but without knowing what Tomar wanted, how would he know what to prevent? Maybe if he helped set up whatever it was, he could get a better idea of where it was going, whether it was a good thing and if not, what could be done about it.

He turned to Wells. "Ma'am. I've finished the level three diagnostic – no irregularities. Is there something else I can help with?"

Lt jg Brian Pendragon
Engineering

Return to “Archives”