Mission 6

Moderator:USS America Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Mission 6

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Re: [uss_america_a] Re: Mission 6, Day 7 - Beaming Up

Squinting her eyes and raising an eyebrow, Ridika averted her eyes back toward Wells with a burning glare as she answered Tomar calmly, "I'm sure the Chief knows what she's doing." With that, she shook her head, threw up her hands, and turned towards the door. "My shift is over. I'm done." With that, she walked out of Engineering.

Wells swore under her breath then nodded. "You and I will do it together, Tomar. Let's get it done before I change my mind and get in more trouble then I care to deal with." Laura moved to the control board and began to make the preparations. .

"As you wish. Perhaps it would be quicker if I just started working on the device that would increase your warp capacity while you do the disconnect."

"Whatever it takes." Wells began to decrease the warp power watching the instruments carefully. _Captain, you'd better know what the hell you're doing._ she thought worriedly.

He smiled over at the Vulcan Lieutenant as he started to work. "I remember another one of your race. He was rather intriguing. Spock was his name. Do you know him?"

tags
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Mission 6, Day 8 - Morning - A New Reality

Myers' Quarters

Ridika inhaled as she crossed over from the world of sleep to the land of consciousness. As she opened her eyes and rolled over, her arm brushed against Greg and she realized that she was still lying on the floor. Smiling, she reached over and began to massage the top of his head through his hair with her fingers.

Greg moaned a little bit. Sleep had come pleasantly to him from the exertion. At least he was pretty sure that it was from exertion. Perhaps it was a dream. He opened his eyes slightly and smiled. Groggily he said, "Not a dream...." He let his head rest against Ridika.

Ridika flashed him a smile as she continued to massage his head. "Good morning, stud. How'd you sleep?"

"I'm still trying to convince myself this is real." He looked up from the top of his eyes, "This is, isn't it?"

Laughing and snuggling closer, she replied in the sexiest voice she could muster. "Mmm hmm. And it was amazing."

"Oh, good. Then I have something to tell my journal," he said laughing. He got up and took her into his arms and kissed the top of her head. "So glad that I could find a way to relax you. I knew that I was good for something."

Ridika wrapped her arms around Greg. "It was exactly what I needed. Maybe I should come to you stressed out more often."

"I believe it was I that came to you." He then laughed and said, "Of course, neither of us seemed to have a problem with that."

"Mmm hmm," she replied simply, closing her eyes as she continued to keep her arms around Greg, trying to prolong the moment.

"I would like to think, though, that we need not just do this when you're stressed."

Still clinging to grogginess, Ridika replied, "Mmm, I'd like to think that, too."

"So, I hate to bring this up," he asked loosening his grip slightly. "Do you have a chronometer? I would hate for either of us to miss our shift."

Ridika moaned. "Oh, fuck, Greg, we can stand to be a few minutes late, can't we?" She sighed as she loosened her grip as well. "It's on the nightstand."

"You think that Wells will stand for that? And what of me? You want me to be busted down to cadet?" He smiled sadly. "I wish I had a friend in medical that I could convince to call us in sick."

Leaning up while simulatneously, grabbing the blanket off of her bed to wrap around her, Myers scoffed as she answered, "Wells can kiss my ass, at this point." After rummaging around her nightstand and finally wrapping her fingers around the chronometer, she gave it to Greg, not being able to focus before a cup of coffee. She added, "You should start making some friends in Medical, because I feel like this isn't going to be the last time this will happen."

"Awww!" Mallett complained. "Why'd you have to put that blanket on?"

Ridika shot Greg a crooked grin. "Come around more, and maybe you'll get to see more."

"More? I thought I had seen everything! You have extra appendages that I don't know about?" He laughed.

Laughing, she replied, "Silly boy. I meant for a longer duration of time." Shaking her head, she commented, "Some science officer you are, Mr. Mallett. OK, how late are we?"

"We're not, yet. Though, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it if I go back to my quarters. I'm sure this will be all over the ticker tape by mid-morning. Mind if I shower here? Then you can tell me why you're upset with Wells. After all, last night I knew you were stressed but you told me you had an understanding."

"No, go ahead. Towels are under the sink." She made her way to the kitchen area to put on some coffee. "Oh, it's nothing. I'm over it. I was being protective of my department and that's not my job anymore."

"You sure now?" he asked turning on the sonic shower. "I wouldn't mind seeing you tensed up again so we can relax you again."

She chuckled. "Oh, yeah...that massage was AMAZING!" Ridika then added after a pause, "Oh, and the sex was good too."

"Good he asked? What happened to amazing? Coffee causing a reevaluation?"

She poured a cup and began to blow the steam off. "Just kidding. It was even better than the massage...and that's sayin' something."

"So, you won't mind if I tell the rest of the science department and engineering, then?" he asked with a mischievous smile.

"You can if you're not planning on coming back here anymore," Ridika replied with an even more mischievous smirk.

"Oh, so you'll be coming to my place then? I'm sure the roommate would love the show."

Sipping her coffee, she answered, "I'm sure he would." As he started showering, she started gathering up her loose uniform clothes to put them back on for another shift.

"So, you're not going to change into another uniform when you have the opportunity. We're just flirting with constant questions."

"Well, for me, they all look pretty much the same...I dunno, I'm too lazy to take the pins off and put them on another jacket, I reckon," she explained as she began to tuck her undershirt into her pants.

Greg started to get dressed and put on a pout. "Oh, this is just a crime...."

Ridika looked toward his direction. "What?"

"You covering up in my presence."

"Second date, Greg. Besides," she walked over to him and kissed him, "I've got to be in Engineering in five minutes."

"And I in science but that doesn't mean I can't wish it didn't happen. You sure you couldn't use your influence to call us in sick?"

"I'm trying really hard to make it back to CEO, and I don't want to mess it up." She finished buttoning her jacket. "Just go to work, Greg. You'll be fine," she added with a grin.

"Oh, I don't doubt that. Dinner, then?"

"It'll make your day go by slower, but yes, dinner sounds nice."

"Great. I'll pick you up here. Anything your pleasure?"

Ridika smiled as she leaned in to kiss him again. "Surprise me."

He got a wicked grin. "My pleasure! So, how do we leave here? Separate? Together?"

"Doesn't matter. I'm not up for hiding things." She wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him closer.

"Oh, we're going to hear it but I don't care."

Ridika shrugged. "Well, apparently we're both ready. Why don't we piss them all off and you walk me to Engineering." She grinned devilishly.

"As you wish, my lady." He stuck out his arm, waiting for Ridika to take it.

Grinning, she took his arm as they both walked out the door to head to work.

As they walked out the door, a male lieutenant from security walked by. The blond man raised an eyebrow at the couple as they walked to the turbolift. Greg winked at him as he walked by.

Resting her head on Greg's shoulder, Ridika entered the turbolift with him and gave the command, "Engineering."

"Did you see his look. I guess he's never seen an ensign with a lieutenant before."

"Well, it's a good thing he walked by just then, 'cause now he has." The turbolift stopped and the doors opened.

Mallett laughed. "I'm sure it won't be the first look we get. I wonder what Wells will think when we get there." They walked to opening of engineering. Soon, they would find out.

tag - Wells

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Re: [uss_america_a] Unfrozen

[USS America: A-Deck: Bridge]

O'Connor told the others from her away term. "To your stations."

Richard didn‘t need to be told twice, holstered the phaser he held and made crossed the bridge to the security console. He’d check the status of the ship before heading towards the nearest turbolift and submitted his destination. The doors to the turbolift closed and Richard felt suspicion still for the Kelvans. There was something they weren’t telling them, a crucial element that might come back and bite in the rear.

[G-Deck: Security Complex and Armory: A short time later]

The turbolift had dropped him off on G-Deck only a short distance from the Security offices and more importantly the armory. Stepping into the Security Complex, Richard checked in with the officers there and proceeded to the armory. He‘d check the phasers he had on his person and made sure to give his people orders about keeping an eye out for the Kelvans for any funny business.

“Lieutenant Richards, to the Bridge. All security personnel are at their stations and all preparations have been met. Richards; out,” as he tapped the com-box closed on a nearby bulkhead closed.

O'Connor thanked Richards for the information and then thought for a moment. She then headed down to Security. Once she entered, she took a deep breath, closing her eyes. _Oh, how I miss this place. I had some good times here. Frankson...._ A sense of a smile faded away almost as quickly as it came. She headed up to Richards and said, "I want you to keep an eye on the Kelvans, specifically, Tomar. Kelinda and Rojan seem cozy enough but I don't understand the need for Tomar. Do you?"

tag - Richards

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: [uss_america_a] Unfrozen

ON

[USS America: A-Deck: Bridge]

O'Connor told the others from her away term. "To your stations."

Richard didn‘t need to be told twice, holstered the phaser he held and crossed the bridge to the security console. He’d check the status of the ship before heading towards the nearest turbolift and submitted his destination. The doors to the turbolift closed and Richard felt suspicion still for the Kelvans. There was something they weren’t telling them, a crucial element that might come back and bite in the rear.

[G-Deck: Security Complex and Armory: A short time later]

The turbolift had dropped him off on G-Deck only a short distance from the Security offices and more importantly the armory. Stepping into the Security Complex, Richard checked in with the officers there and proceeded to the armory. He‘d check the phasers he had on his person and made sure to give his people orders about keeping an eye out for the Kelvans for any funny business.

“Lieutenant Richards, to the Bridge. All security personnel are at their stations and all preparations have been met. Richards; out,” as he tapped the com-box closed on a nearby bulkhead.

O'Connor thanked Richards for the information and then thought for a moment. She then headed down to Security. Once she entered, she took a deep breath, closing her eyes. _Oh, how I miss this place. I had some good times here. Frankson.... _ A sense of a smile faded away almost as quickly as it came. She headed up to Richards and said, "I want you to keep an eye on the Kelvans, specifically, Tomar. Kelinda and Rojan seem cozy enough but I don't understand the need for Tomar. Do you?"

“I’m glad I’m not the only one who has an odd feeling about our guests. I’ll keep an eye on Tomar personally. It’s not that I don’t trust the people in my department, but they have other things to keep them busy. If that one so much as blinks wrong, I’ll burn him to the deck,” Richard replied, knowing it might be a one way mission. Triple checking his own phasers, the lieutenant grabbed a few more spare power cells and kept the assault phaser on him. He hadn’t changed out of the body armor, which had perhaps been a wise move considering they had Kelvans on the ship. “I’ll break out the rifles, as I believe we’re going to need them,” He’d pass the word along to break out the phaser rifles from the armory and issue one to one in three security officers. “If luck’s on our side, it’ll be enough. If I have your permission, ma’am, I’ll take my leave and assign myself to engineering,”

<tag O’Connor>

[O Deck: Main Engineering]

Stepping out of the turbolift, Richard checked the phasers again and made his way through the corridors towards Main Engineering. There were matters racing through his mind, many of which centered on the Kelvans’ motives towards this. They had claimed they were tracking down their “children”, but it felt there had to be more to it. Flashbacks of the battle of the colony from his past drifted into his mind, and he could hear the reports from both phasers and disruptors. He hated to admit it, but he felt more alive then than he did traipsing through a starship’s corridors. Perhaps the people at the Earth Spacedock had been right, in claiming he was an old war dog trained to fight and that the galaxy didn’t want anything to do with his kind anymore. There were days he wondered if that were true, if he’d been better off finding a career in the private sector as an instructor or perhaps even in civilian life.

Banishing those thoughts, Richard knew he had to deal with the Kelvans first and the first one was Tomar. Stepping through the blast doors of Main Engineering, Richard would take a position near the main entrance and knew his presence would probably raise a few questions from the chief engineer. He’d loosen a strap on the phaser at his side, the shipboard phaser rather than the assault one. The Type-2C Assault phaser was tucked into the belt at his back along with the spare power cells. If Tomar did anything suspicious or knocked the shipboard phaser out of his hand, he’d be in for a rude surprise.

tag - Wells

OFF

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Squinting her eyes and raising an eyebrow, Ridika averted her eyes back toward Wells with a burning glare as she answered Tomar calmly, "I'm sure the Chief knows what she's doing." With that, she shook her head, threw up her hands, and turned towards the door. "My shift is over. I'm done." With that, she walked out of Engineering.

Wells swore under her breath then nodded. "You and I will do it together, Tomar. Let's get it done before I change my mind and get in more trouble then I care to deal with." Laura moved to the control board and began to make the preparations. .

"As you wish. Perhaps it would be quicker if I just started working on the device that would increase your warp capacity while you do the disconnect."

"Whatever it takes." Wells began to decrease the warp power watching the instruments carefully. _Captain, you'd better know what the hell you're doing._ she thought worriedly.

He smiled over at the Vulcan Lieutenant as he started to work. "I remember another one of your race. He was rather intriguing. Spock was his name. Do you know him?"
+++++

T'Pruk noticed the look from Ridika and raised an eyebrow. _Humans are inferior. Emotions cloud their logic._

"I do. I do not believe there is a member of my race that does not know of him. Why the inquiry?"

tag - Tomar

^^^^^

Stepping out of the turbolift, Richard checked the phasers again and made his way through the corridors towards Main Engineering. There were matters racing through his mind, many of which centered on the Kelvans' motives towards this. They had claimed they were tracking down their children, but it felt there had to be more to it. Flashbacks of the battle of the colony from his past drifted into his mind, and he could hear the reports from both phasers and disruptors. He hated to admit it, but he felt more alive then than he did traipsing through a starship's corridors. Perhaps the people at the Earth Spacedock had been right, in claiming he was an old war dog trained to fight and that the galaxy didn't want anything to do with his kind anymore. There were days he wondered if that were true, if he'd been better off finding a career in the private sector as an instructor or perhaps even in civilian life.

Banishing those thoughts, Richard knew he had to deal with the Kelvans first and the first one was Tomar. Stepping through the blast doors of Main Engineering, Richard would take a position near the main entrance and knew his presence would probably raise a few questions from the chief engineer. He'd loosen a strap on the phaser at his side, the shipboard phaser rather than the assault one. The Type-2C Assault phaser was tucked into the belt at his back along with the spare power cells. If Tomar did anything suspicious or knocked the shipboard phaser out of his hand, he'd be in for a rude surprise.

++++

Instead, he got a question from a junior grade Vulcan lieutenant. "Mr. Chambers, I do not believe there is a need for those weapons. You can put them away."

tag - Wells & Chambers

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:26 pm

ON

+++++

T'Pruk noticed the look from Ridika and raised an eyebrow. _Humans are inferior. Emotions cloud their logic._

"I do. I do not believe there is a member of my race that does not know of him. Why the inquiry?"

tag - Tomar

^^^^^

Stepping out of the turbolift, Richard checked the phasers again and made his way through the corridors towards Main Engineering. There were matters racing through his mind, many of which centered on the Kelvans' motives towards this. They had claimed they were tracking down their children, but it felt there had to be more to it. Flashbacks of the battle of the colony from his past drifted into his mind, and he could hear the reports from both phasers and disruptors. He hated to admit it, but he felt more alive then than he did traipsing through a starship's corridors. Perhaps the people at the Earth Spacedock had been right, in claiming he was an old war dog trained to fight and that the galaxy didn't want anything to do with his kind anymore. There were days he wondered if that were true, if he'd been better off finding a career in the private sector as an instructor or perhaps even in civilian life.

Banishing those thoughts, Richard knew he had to deal with the Kelvans first and the first one was Tomar. Stepping through the blast doors of Main Engineering, Richard would take a position near the main entrance and knew his presence would probably raise a few questions from the chief engineer. He'd loosen a strap on the phaser at his side, the shipboard phaser rather than the assault one. The Type-2C Assault phaser was tucked into the belt at his back along with the spare power cells. If Tomar did anything suspicious or knocked the shipboard phaser out of his hand, he'd be in for a rude surprise.

++++

Instead, he got a question from a junior grade Vulcan lieutenant. "Mr. Chambers, I do not believe there is a need for those weapons. You can put them away."

“Ma’am, I have my orders. The captain ordered me to this post,” Richard replied. He wouldn’t address the captain’s concerns here, with Tomar potentially listening.

tag - Wells & Chambers

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Plotting

Jessie stopped just shy of the turbolift "uh.. yes ma'am." she said. 'Do what you need to do? What I need to do is beam every single one of these Kelvans into the nearest star, especially that little brat but you ordered me to cooperate so that's exactly what I'll do... for now.' She gave a nod and polite smile then stepped into the turbolift, hiding her thoughts and not saying another word.

The commander was not happy with the situation at all but as far as she could see it the only way to deal with it was to what the captain said. Of course with so much at stake here she would follow orders, at least until she saw a way to get them out of it. Also she was in no condition to cause problems... it felt like the baby was growing inside her. She could actually feel it moving and kicking... something that she understood shouldn't be possible at this stage. She wondered what the doctor would have to say about this.

Jessie entered the sickbay holding her stomach. She wasn't in pain just surprised by how forceful the kicking of a baby that wasn't even supposed to be there was. She approached the doctor "Doc I think we need to talk."

tag - Doc

Commander Jessica Kirk

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:27 pm

tag - Tomar

^^^^^

“Ma’am, I have my orders. The captain ordered me to this post,” Richard replied. He wouldn’t address the captain’s concerns here, with Tomar potentially listening.
+++

Wells glanced over at Chambers wondering if maybe he was given more hidden orders then he was leading on. _Safety net?_ she wondered. _To cover my back?_

"Stand over there." she indicated close to the wall. "Don't get in the way. You're phaser is fine, just let us do our jobs."

[tags]

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: [uss_america_a] Mission 6, Day 8 - Morning - A New Reality

As they walked out the door, a male lieutenant from security walked by. The blond man raised an eyebrow at the couple as they walked to the turbolift. Greg winked at him as he walked by.

Resting her head on Greg's shoulder, Ridika entered the turbolift with him and gave the command, "Engineering. "

"Did you see his look. I guess he's never seen an ensign with a lieutenant before."

"Well, it's a good thing he walked by just then, 'cause now he has." The turbolift stopped and the doors opened.

Mallett laughed. "I'm sure it won't be the first look we get. I wonder what Wells will think when we get there." They walked to opening of engineering. Soon, they would find out.

NM

Laura was deep in thought while watching Tomar as the two arrived. She looked over seeing Myers and remembering how she stormed out last night. The CEO had been up all night without any sleep. And like Chambers and others, she had her own doubts about the Kelvans and was less likely to leave her engine room unless she had to.

The southern girl nodded toward Myers panel. "Assume your station, Lieutenant." she said softly. "We're about done here."

[tag]

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: Mission 6, Day 8 - Morning - A New Reality

Laura was deep in thought while watching Tomar as the two arrived. She looked over seeing Myers and remembering how she stormed out last night. The CEO had been up all night without any sleep. And like Chambers and others, she had her own doubts about the Kelvans and was less likely to leave her engine room unless she had to.

The southern girl nodded toward Myers panel. "Assume your station, Lieutenant." she said softly. "We're about done here."

Ridika nodded and replied, "Aye." She turned back to Greg, put her hands behind her back in a more professional manner, and said, "Thank you, Ensign," while secretly giving him a smile.

(tag Mallett)

She made her way to her panel and, still not trusting this Tomar character, ran a systems scan and diagnostic of the warp core. Everything seemed fine...for now...but Myers still had her doubts.

(tag all)

Lieutenant Ridika Myers
Assistant Chief Engineering Officer
USS America

Return to “Archives”