Mission 6

Moderator:USS America Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Mission 6

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Mission 6, Day 7 - The Meaning Of Patience

Jessie paced back and forth across the bridge, her arms crossed and her eyes narrowed in a look of both annoyance and worry. She didn't like where this was going and there was nothing that she could do about it. She had stated her objections to the captain and suggested that they fight back. Of course the captain had overruled her... and she was right to have done so. Jessie had always been hotheaded and quick to act, usually traits that had served her well in her career as a Security Officer. Then again she was not a security officer any longer, no... she was the ships XO and she had to start thinking ahead about the bigger picture.

She smiled inwardly... was that her position talking or the fact that she had a baby growing inside of her. Still she wasn't even sure if it was a baby at all. All the scans had shown it to be human but according to the scans she was also more than 6 months along at least reading while the reading taking only 3 days before showed that she was only 3 months along. Whatever was going on in her body scared the hell out of her, not that she was admit it to anyone... she had played the tough girl role for so long that she didn't know how to play anything else.

Tired of pacing she stopped and looked at the captain one more time and let out a sigh. "I'm not feeling very well. I think I'm going to go see Doc Delaney for something to help settle me." she said.

O'Connor nodded, her red hair swaying over her eyes a bit. "You do what you need to do." _Besides, that child may very well be my niece or nephew some day.

tag - Kirk
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: [uss_america_a] Re: Mission 6, Day 7 - Beaming Up

"We have to shut down the warp core."
Pendragon's eyes widened in alarm. Shutting down the warp core was big league, not something to be done lightly. Myers continued, jerking herhead and emphasising key words. He realised she was trying to communicate something else to him. Maybe they could interfere with the kid's plan...
"Do you have any suggestions, Lieutenant?"

"Well..." he frowned, "the simplest way to shut down the warp core is to make the automated system think there has been a core breach. Of course," he glanced at the child, warily, "that is easier said than done. We would have to time a sub-meson fluctuation at the exact moment of the quantum shift of the dilithium crystal matrix inversion, otherwise the primary safeties would kick in first and rebalance the matrix without a shutdown being needed..."

He stole another glance, but the child had gone.

"Oh!" he exclaimed in surprise. Myers turned to look.

"Well, that was...suspiciously easy..." she murmured as she straightened up.

The doors opened and the CEO entered with another unfamiliar visitor. It was certainly turning out to be the day for surprises, thought Brian. He still wasn't sure what had happened earlier and now the child disappearing had unnerved him more. He went back to his workstation, keeping an ear on the conversation Myers and Wells were having and wondering what would happen next.

Just then, the doors to Engineering slid open and the Chief and an
unfamiliar alien walked into the department. Never having been too
keen on letting unauthorized personnel in Engineering, Myers furrowed
a brow and strolled over to meet her commanding officer and the
stranger. She nodded to Wells and spoke in greeting, "Lieutenant."
Eyes darting from the alien to Wells, she continued quietly, almost
hesitant to make her next statement in front of the
stranger, "There's been an...incident of which I believe you should
be aware.

Tomar looked at Wells, Pendragon and Myers. He then told Myers, "I am certain that the Captain is well aware of the incidents on this ship. I can assure you that they will not occur anymore. However, I need access to the warp drive. It must be disconnected and I must work quickly."

tag -
Engineers

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Mission 6, Day 7 - Beaming Up

Tomar looked at Wells, Pendragon and Myers. He then told Myers, "I am certain that the Captain is well aware of the incidents on this ship. I can assure you that they will not occur anymore. However, I need access to the warp drive. It must be disconnected and I must work quickly."

Ridika straightened up her posture indignantly, and replied with an air of calm, suppressed objection, "Excuse me? I need to know WHY the warp core must be disconnected before we let you anwhere NEAR the thing."

(tag anyone)

Lieutenant Ridika Myers
Asst. Chief Engineering Officer
USS America

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Ridika straightened up her posture indignantly, and replied with an air of calm, suppressed objection, "Excuse me? I need to know WHY the warp core must be disconnected before we let you anwhere NEAR the thing."

At that moment, a Vulcan walked into the room wearing Junior Grade Lieutenant pins. She told Lieutenant Myers, "I believe that the Captain would approve this procedure. It is the only logical thing to do given our current mission."

tags

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:18 pm

At that moment, a Vulcan walked into the room wearing Junior Grade Lieutenant pins. She told Lieutenant Myers, "I believe that the Captain would approve this procedure. It is the only logical thing to do given our current mission."

Ridika shot a glance at T'Pruk, then turned to back to Wells. "So this is alright with you, Chief?"

(tag Wells)

Myers then turned to Tomar, "Given what I have just been through and the fact that I don't particularly take well to strangers mucking around in here, spare me some gratification and explain to me WHY this needs to be done."

(tag Tomar)

Lieutenant Ridika Myers
Asst. Chief Engineering Officer
USS America

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Ridika shot a glance at T'Pruk, then turned to back to Wells. "So this is alright with you, Chief?"

"Not what I want." Laura said a little gruffly. "Captain's orders." The ACEO could tell the CEO was not thrilled with this situation. "It's necessary Lieutenant, just deal with it."

Myers then turned to Tomar, "Given what I have just been through and the fact that I don't particularly take well to strangers mucking around in here, spare me some gratification and explain to me WHY this needs to be done."

"Because, the Captain ordered it!" Wells came back again. "What part of Captain's orders don't you understand?"

(tag Tomar)

Amanda Rose

"Not what I want." Laura said a little gruffly. "Captain's orders." The ACEO could tell the CEO was not thrilled with this situation. "It's necessary Lieutenant, just deal with it."

"Because, the Captain ordered it!" Wells came back again. "What part of Captain's orders don't you understand?"

Tomar looked at Myers and smiled lightly. "If you will allow me to disconnect the warp core, now? Or would you prefer to do it? Time is of the essence, however."

tags

Amanda Rose

Tomar looked at Myers and smiled lightly. "If you will allow me to disconnect the warp core, now? Or would you prefer to do it? Time is of the essence, however."

Squinting her eyes and raising an eyebrow, Ridika averted her eyes back toward Wells with a burning glare as she answered Tomar calmly, "I'm sure the Chief knows what she's doing." With that, she shook her head, threw up her hands, and turned towards the door. "My shift is over. I'm done." With that, she walked out of Engineering.

Lieutenant Ridika Myers
Asst. Chief Engineer
USS America

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Squinting her eyes and raising an eyebrow, Ridika averted her eyes back toward Wells with a burning glare as she answered Tomar calmly, "I'm sure the Chief knows what she's doing." With that, she shook her head, threw up her hands, and turned towards the door. "My shift is over. I'm done." With that, she walked out of Engineering.

Wells swore under her breath then nodded. "You and I will do it together, Tomar. Let's get it done before I change my mind and get in more trouble then I care to deal with." Laura moved to the control board and began to make the preparations..

[tag Tomar]

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Wells swore under her breath then nodded. "You and I will do it together, Tomar. Let's get it done before I change my mind and get in more trouble then I care to deal with." Laura moved to the control board and began to make the preparations..

"As you wish. Perhaps it would be quicker if I just started working on the device that would increase your warp capacity while you do the disconnect."

tag - Wells

He smiled over at the Vulcan Lieutenant as he started to work. "I remember another one of your race. He was rather intriguing. Spock was his name. Do you know him?"

tags

Return to “Archives”