Mission 6

Moderator:USS America Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mission 6

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:38 pm

O'Connor was making her way through the crowd, her red hair waving as she walked. She soon spotted Jessie and headed to chat with her. However, an unwelcome sight was with Jessie. Jayme! _What the hell is he doing here?_

Jessie let out a sigh. It had only been a few minutes and was about to start between them already. Sure Jayme could be pompous sometimes but Jessie didn't understand why Kelly didn't like him. She opened her mouth to say something but Jayme beat her to it.

"Ahhh Captain Kelly Jean O'Connor, as lovely and quick witted as ever." he said with that slightly arrogant smirk that he had that told you that he was probably better than you.

"So, Benedict, what are you doing on this ship? Don't you have some pretty Excelsior to run?"

So that was it... she was mad that he had gotten the Defiant instead of her. No it was more than that. She had disliked him seemingly since the moment he had stepped aboard the America. The choice of him over her for the Defiant probably just added fuel to the fire. "Well I just couldn't be in the same sector as you and not come to see your smiling face." he said with a smile. He didn't know what it was about her that made him want to get in these little contest of wits but he certainly wasn't going to let her make him made.

_This man is so infuriating! I swear to God that he's worse than Roger ever was!_ And that's when it hit her. _Oh, no! NO! It can't be!_ She furrowed her brows. "I don't ever seem to recall it smiling in YOUR direction."

"Perhaps I was just imagining it then." he said with a chuckle. "So how have things been going on the good ole NCC-1776-A? I see you've kept her running as good as ever and got yourself the best... well second best first officer in the fleet." He nudged his sisters arm slightly.

"She had the second best when you were here. Now that I've got the job she's definitely upgraded." Jessie shot back.

"Oh then I stand corrected little sister." Jayme said. "Anyway... how have you been doing Captain O'Connor?"

"I don't see how that is any of your concern, Mr. Kirk, seeing as you left, unlike your sister who had the good sense to stay put."

"Are you still mad about that." he commented. "You can't tell me that you wouldn't have taken the Defiant if it was offered to you. Besides I wanted to stay here but I was actually ordered to take command of that ship. I liked it where I was just fine. Where else in the universe can you have such a lovely commanding officer?"

_Is he seriously putting the moves on me. My God, he can't think I'm THAT easy. I don't fall for that legendary Kirk charm crap._ "I would have taken the Defiant in a heartbeat. However, it should have been mine, not yours."

"Hey I'm not disagreeing with you. Unfortunately Starfleet wanted me there. I was just as surprised as everyone else." Jayme said "But there's no need to be bitter about it. You have a fine ship here. America is from good stock. You can't beat the design of the Constitution Class otherwise they wouldn't have been around for over 40 years. She's a solid, strong ship."

"So, you came back just to rub it all in, is what you're telling me." She crossed her arms defiantly.

"When have you ever known me to gloat?" Jayme asked. "We're on our way to the Beta Nairobi Sector to conduct research on a newly formed Nebula and I thought I would stop by and see my sister for a bit before we continued on."

"He's right. My brother doesn't rub things in. It's just not in his personality." Jessie said in his defense.

O'Connor ignored Jessie but snickered, "Scientific mission. Sounds like you have been put out to pasture."

"Hardly. You do remember that Starfleet is primarily a scientific organization right?" he commented "Plus if you recall I am primarily a science officer. This mission is right up my alley. Hell I'm excited about it."

O'Connor groaned. She had forgotten his background. _Maybe because routine science is boring. Now security! That's exciting! Always anticipating, strategizing. Alive one minute, perhaps dead the next._ She waved her hand, "Oh, I remember. I remember...."

"Anyway we're not scheduled out for another few hours. I was wondering if you and your crew would like a tour of the Defiant. Not many people have had a chance to be on one yet. Though you guys would like to check one out."

"I'm sure we all have better things to do than admire your toy," she replied snidely. _Oh, but I would. I've got all of the blue prints in my chambers and it is such a unique design! A true sleek, machine...._

"Okay... well we leave in three hours. The offer remains open. I'll even give you a personal tour." he said. "For now I think I see someone that I know. I'll see you around." Jayme gave both women nodds and started to walk away.

O'Connor fumed. "Your brother is too much," she complained at Jessie.

"Yes but I love him anyway." Jessie said. "He's not as much of a jerk as he seems. In fact, besides the fact that he's a science nerd he's a lot like uncle Jim. Well I need a bite to eat. You should really consider taking my brother up on his offer. He's not such a bad guy if you stop being so antagonistic and give him a chance." With that Jessie stood up and walked away too.

A Joint Post By
Captain Kelly Jean O'Connor
Commanding Officer USS America

Captain Jayme Kirk
Commanding Officer USS Defiant

and

Commander Jessica Kirk
First Officer USS America
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 6

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:47 pm

Tegau was enjoying the moment of pause and celebration. She had congratulated all the
people who'd been promoted- fine officers, all of them. Mostly, she was happy that everyone
was safe aboard the America. It had been an unbelievably stressful past few days. Everyone
deserved the moment to relax and decompress.

She was sitting by the big windows, looking out on the expanse of stars displayed there,
sipping her drink thoughtfully. Ridika was talking to Wells, Jessie's brother had showed up
and was talking to Jessie and O'Connor, and everyone seemed to be pretty much enjoying
themselves. Except, for the moment, the Captain.

The Welsh doctor's mind drifted to the results of the brain scan she'd done on T'Pani, musing
over the implications. The poor Cadet- they'd been so wrong about her.

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:50 pm

(Myers/O'Connor) MISSION 6 - DAY 3 Evening - Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back....

Engineering had been surprisingly quiet. Sure, status reports were coming in but it was almost as if both Wells and Myers were trying to avoid O'Connor. Was there tension? Were they angry at her? She doubted it. Yet, she had to wonder how Myers was adjusting to not being the Chief Engineer. And truth be told, although Wells was a good Chief Engineer, O'Connor was better matched, in her mind, with Myers. Wells was much more reserved. If Jessie ever decided to go with her brother, she had her thoughts on who would be the new 2XO and the name was not Wells. Not hearing anything and knowing that repairs had been completed, she headed to Ridika's quarters and rang the chime.

Ridika looked up from her PADD and replied to the doorchime. "Come."

O'Connor walked in and asked, "Catching up on journals?"

Ridika placed the PADD on the desk and stood up. She nodded and gave the captain a smile. "What can I do for you, Captain?"

"Can't a Captain just visit a crew member without looking for something?" O'Connor gave a winning crooked smile.

Myers returned the captain's smile and motioned her toward a chair. It wasn't often that O'Connor would come in to visit. She stood beside her desk chair across from O'Connor and replied, "Yes, I guess a Captain is entitled to such. Would you like something to drink?" she asked before sitting down.

O'Connor smiled and then chuckled. "I thought you would never ask. What do you have in there?"

Ridika grinned and walked over to her kitchenette. "Well, I have brandy, Tennessee whiskey - a little taste of home, you know - and....ah, Cambridge Vineyard, White Zinfandel...2280," she looked up at the captain. "My dad's best year...and, of course, juice, water, tea, if alcohol's not your thing. So what'll it be?" Myers smiled at O'Connor.

"Alcohol not my thing?" She laughed so hard that a small snort came out. She threw back her red hair. "You have been gone way too long. You know I like my Irish whiskey. I'll give your Tennesse whiskey a shot."

Ridika nodded and pulled out two glasses. "Good choice, Captain," she replied as she poured the drink. Her parents weren't exactly on speaking terms with Ridika, yet her father always managed to send her a bottle of the whiskey and a bottle of his own wine every year. She placed the glass in front of the captain, sat down in her chair across from O'Connor, and waited to see how the captain liked her drink.
[23:36] inwiththeoutcrowd_x: tag
[23:38] stuartcollis@sbcglobal.net: O'Connor immediately threw back the whiskey into her gullet. She smiled. "Strong stuff. That's good. I'll have to remember it someday." She put down her glass in front of her again.
[23:38] stuartcollis@sbcglobal.net: tag
[23:48] inwiththeoutcrowd_x: Ridika chuckled as she offered the Captain a refill. "You want strong stuff? North Carolinian stumphole. Used primarily for medicinal purposes back home...or so we say." She grinned and took a swallow of her whiskey.
[23:48] inwiththeoutcrowd_x: tag
[23:50] stuartcollis@sbcglobal.net: "I'll have to remember to pay it a visit when we go back to Earth. But generally speaking, I much prefer space. So, how are you settling in now that you're back?"
[23:50] stuartcollis@sbcglobal.net: tag
[23:56] inwiththeoutcrowd_x: Ridika twirled her glass in between her middle finger and her thumb. "Well," she replied. "Just like coming home after a vacation."
[23:56] inwiththeoutcrowd_x: tag
[23:58] stuartcollis@sbcglobal.net: "That must be one of your unique sayings that I have no idea what it means. Care to speak more plainly?"
[23:58] stuartcollis@sbcglobal.net: tag
[00:03] inwiththeoutcrowd_x: She leaned back in her chair. "I'm settling in fine, Captain. Though there are some new faces aboard, everything's just as I remember it." Ridika grinned facetiously, "Even the state of general chaos hasn't changed."
[00:03] *** Auto-response sent to inwiththeoutcrowd_x: I am currently idle.
[00:03] inwiththeoutcrowd_x: tag
[00:10] stuartcollis@sbcglobal.net: O'Connor smiled. "I wouldn't have it any other way. I like all the newness. Besides, what would we have to do if there was not some chaos? Life would be terribly uninteresting."
[00:10] stuartcollis@sbcglobal.net: tag
[00:20] inwiththeoutcrowd_x: "That's true." Ridika took the last swig of her whiskey. The America was a unique ship, no doubt about that. And it was that fact that made coming back that much sweeter for Myers. She looked at O'Connor. "And how about you? How have you been, Captain?"

"How have I been?" O'Connor laughed. "One adventure after the other. Getting kidnapped this time was definitely different."

Ridika chuckled. "Well, there's a first time for everything," she replied.

"Yes, well, I'd advise that we both not try it again in the future."

"As would I, Captain. And how is Ensign T'Pani getting along?" _This is one of the drawbacks to all work and no play...the world goes on without you and your oblivious little self_ Ridika said inwardly.

"I have Ensign, I mean Lieutenant T'Pruk assisting her."

Myers nodded thoughtfully for a moment, then asked, "Has Starfleet assigned us our next mission yet?"

"Nothing spectacular. Just going to investigate some stars and planets on the border of the galaxy."

"Oh, that's going to be so much fun," she said with a flat voice and a sarcastic tone. "Any particular reason why they've drawn Starfleet's interest, or are we just being given busywork?"

"No clue. Maybe this is one of the last missions we have before we get an Excelsior class starship." Her eyes lit up as she mentioned an Excelsior.

Ridika raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Seriously? An Excelsior?"

O'Connor shrugged. "Who knows? I know Wells would prefer to keep this bucket."

"Hey I'm all for an upgrade. I'd love to see how those things perform at warp, seeing as they're working with the new transwarp drive." Her eyes wandered away from the Captain's face in a dreamily sort of way and, talking to no one in particular, said, "Dilithium recompositing and recrystalization technology, a large engineering master systems display monitor on the bridge, a modified hull design..." A smile grew across her face as she looked back at O'Connor and replied, "If we end up with an Excelsior, Captain, I'll be no better than a kid in a candy store."

"Yeah, it would be fun." She turned serious. "But speaking of Wells, how are the two of you getting along? I mean, you used to be the Chief Engineer here...."

"I would love to be able to say that we got off to a great start, but we didn't. That was mainly my fault, though. Having found out that she had my former position, I got competitive, imposed, and tried to intimidate her. Usually, I would not have any qualms about doing this...with the junior officers; she's my superior officer. We've reconciled on the matter, however, and I believe that, having different engineering approach methods, we will work well together. I certainly think we did pretty well with the repairs, myself." She smiled reflectively, then said, "I do often
myself thinking and talking like I'm still the CEO." Ridika shrugged.

O'Connor bit her tounge and nodded. "Is that going to be a problem for either of you?"

Ridika shrugged. "We'll have to see."

"Look, let me be clear about something. This cannot be a problem. If it becomes one, well, neither of you will like my response. Do I make myself clear?" Her eyes burrowed into Myers'.

Ridika looked back into O'Connor's eyes for a moment. It was amazing how the Captain had mastered the art of intimidation. Maybe it was the red hair. "Understood. I won't let it become a problem, Captain," she assured her CO.

The Captain returned to her normal crooked smile. "I didn't think you would." She put down her glass. "Any big plans for this mission or is just journal reading?"

"Plans? I haven't made plans since I first joined the America. Seems like I live by the totally unexpected." She chuckled and leaned back in her chair. "No, I haven't really had time to think about it. Unless something happens and everything goes completely awry, my biggest plans at the moment entail making sure this ship runs smoothly...and threatening the junior officers with having to get out and push if it doesn't," Ridika added jokingly.

"What about you?"

O'Connor frowned, "I don't know. I think I may work on some of my new gadgets." _Damn Jayme Kirk!_

Ridika's raised her eyebrows. "Oh? New gadgets?"

"Yeah, prototypes. It is a hobby of mine."

This peaked Ridika's interest. "Prototypes of what?"

"This and that." O'Connor looked at the glean in Myers' eyes. "No, no, no. You can't play with them, Ridika. They're my toys and when I get them to work properly, I'll be happy to show them to you."

Ridika laughed aloud. "Oh, I assure you, Captain, I know the last thing anybody wants is for an engineer to tinker with their new toys," she replied, placing emphasis on 'engineer.'

"Exactly." She stuck out her tounge. "And what do you think of Drak'nah's transfer? Missing her?"

Myers heaved a sigh. "I'll be honest, it was the last thing I expected to happen. Hit me like a ton of bricks. She was a promising engineer, but I'm sure she'll do just as well, if not better, in security. Drak'nah's got a drive that you don't find in most officers, and I'm going to miss that. But if she thinks she'll do more good in Security, then I'm not going to stop her. Better a focused officer under someone else's supervision than a distracted one under mine."

"I don't disagree. I seem to recall reading some rumors on the ticker tape about Pendragon and her and then of course, there have been numerous rumors regarding Pendragon and others. You think that had anything to do with it?"

She bit her lip. Ridika thought back to her and Jade's conversation on the way to the banquet a few days back. "It may. It may not. I don't usually deal in rumors." Her friend had confided in her and she wasn't about to betray that.

O'Connor noticed the look. _So, there is some truth. I may need to speak with Drak'nah._ "Fair enough." She rose. "I think I should go back to my quarters and play with my gadgets."

Ridika stood up, as well. "I wish I could do the same," she said, casting a glance toward her newly-remembered PADD.

O'Connor laughed. "Find your own gadgets." She swung her wavy, slightly longer than shoulder length red hair around. "Stay out of trouble."

Ridika smiled innocently. "You know I will."

"Sure, like a fish stays out of water," O'Connor countered as she headed to the door.

Ridika chuckled. "True...true..."

"Do the best you can, then. I'll see you around." With that, O'Connor exited and left Myers alone.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:53 pm

(Myers/T'Pani) Mission 6 - Day 1 - Morning. Initiating Ship Repairs.

Ridika Myers was not ready to celebrate just yet. Having just made an
early escape from the banquet and changing into her work uniform, the
newly promoted Assistant Chief Engineer had fled to the confines of
her technological utopia and had begun strenuous work on resetting
the sensors and nursing the battered shields back to health. The
process had taken a while, Ridika only emerging from Engineering's
surface for an hour or two to catch some rest in her quarters. The
next day's shift arrived along with the rest of Engineering's crew,
whom she was planning on putting to work. She watched as everyone
filed in and took their places. Suddenly, Ridika saw an all-too-
familiar face come striding into Engineering. _What in the world is
she doing here?_

"I was wondering if there was anything I could do to assist in the
repairs that are needed ACEO?" T'Pani asked softly.

Ridika furrowed her eyebrows in slight confusion. "Aren't you
supposed to be recuperating, Cad...Ensign?"

"I am functional within acceptable tolerances and CMO gave me a clean
bill of health mam." T'Pani softly replied.

She sighed. "Alright..." Ridika looked down at the lists she had come
up with for the three repair teams. Pendragon had his own team, and
Ridika was still unsure about Drak'nah, who had a messy question mark
beside her name. They both had more engineers in their teams than did
Ridika, which meant T'Pani would have to join her team. "You're with
me." She gave T'Pani a crooked grin. "And we're headed to the
transporter room, since you certainly did a number on that."

"So I have heard ACEO." T'Pani casually replied as she fell in step
with the senior officer, though slightly to the side and slightly
behind.

Ridika motioned to the three other officers in her team to follow and
called back to Pendragon, "Lieutenant, take your team over to crew's
quarters blast site; it was cleaned up, but never repaired. When
you're done, run a diagnostic on systems and conduct repairs
accordingly."

(tag Pendragon)

She headed out the door and down the hall. "So, it looks like I'll be
graced with your 'MacGyver knowledge' today," she commented,
adjusting her tool belt as she walked.

T'Pani cocked her head at the ACEO with a confused look. "I'm sorry,
I do not know who this person is that you speak of mam."

Ridika looked at the Ensign and knit her eyebrows in
confusion...again. "What? You must know who he is, because I remember
you clearly called out my lack of skill concerning his methods while
we were being held captive."

"I'm sorry." T'pani replied with a blank stare totally devoid of life
in her eyes. "But I have no memory of you or this vessel outside of
my cadet cruise, which you were not part of."

Ridika raised her eyebrows in surprise and near-disbelief. "You don't
remember a thing about what just happened? The mission we just
finished?"

"Only from the point where I awoke in the cell with the captain mam."

Ridika turned her face forward again. _Well...with that considered,
this might just be nice, after all._ They arrived at the transporter
room. She took in a deep breath. To the three engineers, she
said, "Alright, you know what to do." To T'Pani, she asked, "Have you
had any engineering experience, Ensign?" Truth be told, Ridika almost
hoped that the 'MacGyver knowledge' was still in there somewhere.
That way, she wouldn't be spending the whole time telling T'Pani what
to do and how to do it.

"No, but I have read extensively up on all major and minor systems
for federation craft." She replied softly. "In the academy my
specialization was kit bashing and system hybridization."

"So, if I tell you to help with the platform repairs, can I assume
that you know what to do?"

"I will attempt to do anything that you assign mam." T'Pani simply
replied.

"Alright. Well, I'll be working with you." She then said to the team
in general, "Remember: I want these transporters fixed 5 minutes ago,
and I want them working better than new." The three engineers nodded
in acknowledgement and made their way over to the heavily damaged
control panel. Yes, it would take three engineers to fix the control
panel.

"Odd, the damage pattern and debris suggests an explosive was used
here, not just a standard overload. What caused this?" T'Pani asked
as she walked around taking not of this and that.

Ridika looked at the Ensign for a moment before replying, "You did."
She paused for a moment before remembering that T'Pani's memory was
gone. She continued, "Apparently, while you were tearing your way off
of this ship, you used explosives to keep us from coming after you."

"That's illogical, where would i get explosives from?"

Ridika shrugged. "Good question. You tell me."

"Well, if I had access to a catalyst, I could use elements from the
ODN network as both an explosive and detonator, though that wouldn't
be logical. Actually, using the transporter buffer as the explosive
would be logical with a power relay from one of the transporter pads
as the detonator. Thirty seconds after a transporter operation
started the whole assembly would overload and reduce this room and
anyone in it to rubble, not to mention there would be a total loss of
whoever was in the pattern buffer mam."

Ridika felt like a teacher in a classroom. "Very good, Ensign. Is
this your diagnosis?"

"No, the blast pattern is to precise, tis was caused by a
preconstructed device designed for precision use." T'Pani replied
softly.

The Assistant CEO nodded. "Go on."

"Which implies intent and availability as well as advanced knowledge
of tactical explosives and how to maximise their use on starship
systems. A clumsey fool would easily have destroyed this deck, this
person, however, was extremely careful not to destroy the sensitive
parts, thus rendering the transporter system repairable in a short
time without the need for dock time. Meaning they had planned on
possibly using the system again. For that matter, it might even have
been possible that they used the inert system to store a pattern in
the buffer for backup."

Ridika crossed her arms and nodded, walking around the transporter
platform. "Mmm hmm. True, the transporters still work...so the system
wasn't completely trashed. See anything else?"

"No blood or other signs of organic residue, so the one who did this
was controlled and precise and not filled with wanton desire for
destruction. In other words, this was a tactical operation."

"So there was a particular motive...something more than just trying
to keep Security off of pursuit..."

"Possibly, expecially if there was a need to plan for a backup. The
transporter system can theoretically be used to reproduce patterns
stored within it's backup or primary buffer and a ship like this is
more then capable of having patterns hidden across it's many
networked systems." T'Pani explained. "And with the right
understanding, there could even be timing systems to materialize said
pattern copies at a specific time or situation. All in all a very
tactical mind did this with much planning and lots of information."

"So, if we were to rematerialized the stored patterns in the
buffer...?"

"Assuming there is a pattern there would be no means to identify it;
we could be triggering a trap, perhaps a photon warhead would
materialize and explode; but then again these are only possiblities,
it is not logical to assume people would go to such extermes."

Talk about kaput. "Most likely, there won't be one. Patterns don't
usually last for more than 420 seconds and I daresay it's been quite
a bit longer than that. However, would the Romulans go that far?"

"I don't know, but anyone capable of planning this could easily have
taken that into account mam."

"Alright. Based on your observations, how would you suggest going
about this?" Ridika motioned to the overall heavy damage. She could
still hear the three engineers working around the control panel.

"I don't know if I'm qualified for such a decision mam."

"Well, you were doing just fine before." She sighed. "Alright, then,"
Ridika pulled out a couple of tools from her belt and tossed one to
T'Pani, "first we need to take off the platform cover." She pulled
out another device and handed it to the Ensign. "If you have to, use
this cutter beam, but be careful with it."

"Yes mam, remove the cover to the transpower console.." T'Pani
affirmed and began the task.

Ridika lowered herself onto her knees about began her work. After a
while, she asked T'Pani, "I may have asked you this before, but have
you ever considered being an engineer?"

"No mam, I'm only a second year cadet, starfleet doesn't make us
choose our career paths until year four mam." T'pani replied as she
rather quickly performed the task without further instruction or
praise. It was simply just a task that needed to be done.

Ridika helped T'Pani pop open the cover of the transporter
platform. "I see." She laid on her stomach and began repairing and
replacing the damaged components inside. The task didn't take long at
all - Ridika was ready to be done with ship repairs. Standing back
up, she heard a noise behind her. It was two engineers who were
bringing the replacement parts, panels, and platform. "Ah, finally,"
Ridika said mostly to herself. She motioned toward the replacement
platform. "Grab the other end of that and help me put this on here."

T'Pani did as directed. "This ship actually carries spare transporter
consoles? Why not just close down this transporter station and just
use the other two stations on the ship or the cargo transporters?"

Ridika looked at T'Pani. "We don't carry spare transporter consoles,
that's why the boys are working on that one. This isn't a console.
This is just a spare platform and a few panels. They're not
designated for transporters only; they're simply for any out-of-dock
repairs. This is merely cosmetic." She pointed out to various damaged
areas in the transporter room. "And it's a protective covering. We
can try and repair those as much as we can, but we need to cover them
up so that they won't get even worse. Sort of like a band-aid." After
replacing the platform, Ridika used her cutter beam to cut a wall
panel to size for a hole in the right side of the room. "Besides, you
were so gracious enough to leave the transporters in decent working
order that we don't need to do much here, much less close the station
completely down," she replied as she began welding the panel into
place on the damaged wall.

(tag T'Pani)

Just then, Jade Drak'nah walked into the transporter room. Ridika put
down her tools and walked toward her friend, brushing her hands off
on her pants as she went. Ridika knew that she was here to let her
know what was going on with Jade's department transfer. She secretly
hoped maybe she would wait until repairs were over, not only seeing
as a team was already assembled for her, but also because Ridika
didn't exactly want her to leave just yet. "Jade! What did you and
O'Connor decide about your transfer?"

(tag Drak'nah)

Lieutenant Ridika Myers
Assistant Chief Engineer
USS America NCC-1776-A

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Re: (Myers/T'Pani) Mission 6 - Day 1 - Morning. Initiating Ship Repairs.

Just then, Jade Drak'nah walked into the transporter room. Ridika put
down her tools and walked toward her friend, brushing her hands off
on her pants as she went. Ridika knew that she was here to let her
know what was going on with Jade's department transfer. She secretly
hoped maybe she would wait until repairs were over, not only seeing
as a team was already assembled for her, but also because Ridika
didn't exactly want her to leave just yet. "Jade! What did you and
O'Connor decide about your transfer?"

(tag Drak'nah)

Jade gave her friend a smile. "We desided to wait till after these
repairs are completed to make the offical transfer." She looked
around at the engineers helping Ridika and noticed T'Pani. Jade shot
a glance at Myers in curiousity but figured she would fill her in
over a drink later. "I am so called 'ready' to start my shift and
reporting for duty" she gave her friend a uneasy look as she tried
to make light of her feelings. "Where will I find our Chief or do
you have the duty roster?"

<Tag Myers>

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Re: Mission 6 - Day 1 - Morning. Initiating Ship Repairs.

Jade gave her friend a smile. "We desided to wait till after these
repairs are completed to make the offical transfer." She looked
around at the engineers helping Ridika and noticed T'Pani. Jade shot
a glance at Myers in curiousity but figured she would fill her in
over a drink later. "I am so called 'ready' to start my shift and
reporting for duty" she gave her friend a uneasy look as she tried to
make light of her feelings. "Where will I find our Chief or do you
have the duty roster?"

Ridika couldn't help but flash an excited smile. _Yes!! Jade's
staying a while longer! Repairs'll be done in no time!_ She calmed
her joy as she replied, "Chief'll probably be in Engineering, but I
have it with me here." Ridika handed Jade the her group
roster. "They're in Engineering, waiting for you. You and your team
are in shuttlepods fixing hull damage." She leaned closer to Drak'nah
and lowered her voice. "And Pendragon's working on systems, so he'll
most likely be up and down the Jeffries tube. You both are at
completely different parts of the ship, so there's practically no
chance at all that you two will bump into each other." Myers smiled,
gave Jade a wink, and silently mouthed the words "I've got your
back."

Raising her voice back to its normal volume, she added, "If you get
through before I do, report to Lieutenant Wells for additional
instructions."

(tag Drak'nah)

Lieutenant Ridika Myers
Assistant Chief Engineer
USS America NCC-1776-A

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Re: Mission 6 - Day 1 - Morning. Initiating Ship Repairs.

Jade took the list from Myers and looked it over. Hearing that
Pendragon was well out of encounter radius was relieving. She sighed
and whispered "Thanks, your a life saver. Drinks are on me tonight if
we finish up soon enough." Jade gave her friend a final nod before
heading to engineering.

Drak'nah looked of the list for those who was joining her for hull
repairs. After a short travel she entered engineering and found those
joining the hull repairs. After all was gathered together Jade gave
off her instructions for their tasks and told everyone to collect what
was needed and meet in the shuttle bay.

Once everyone was ready they began hull repairs. As Jade worked she
could not help think that this is her last duty as an engineering
officer and soon she will be dealing with security. Drak'nah hoped she
will get a chance to have that drink with her best friend before
retiring her tools for a phaser. She shook the distractions from her
mind as she focused on the tasks at hand.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Mission 6 - Day 1 - The Straw That Broke The Redhead's Back (Jayme Kirk / O'Connor)

Three hours, Jayme had said. O'Connor stewed in thought. An hour had already passed. _I bet he's just dying for me to come over there. GLOAT! That's what he wants! I swear to God, he's impossible. Well, I'll just show him! I'll go over there and I won't give him an ounce of satisfaction. That will show him!_

With that, she headed to the transporter room and called to the Defiant. "Defiant, this is Captain O'Connor. Please have Captain Kirk prepared to receive me in your transporter room."

Jayme had been showing the crew of the America around the Defiant. They all had plenty of questions, well all of them except for Myers who had initially transferred with him as a member of his engineering team before transferring just a week or so later back to the America.

"Captain Kirk, Captain O'Connor is beaming aboard and requests that you meet her in the transporter room." Ensign Paxton said over the intercom.

"Thank you." Jayme said to the Rigellian communications officer. With the the Defiant's Commanding Officer excused himself and left Commander LaForge, his XO to finish the tour. Moments later he stepped into the transporter room and gave a nod to the transporter chief to initiate the transport.

O'Connor beamed on board. Her hands were crossed and her brows furrowed. Her green eyes showed complete displeasure. "So, you said you wanted to give a tour. I'm here. Show me."

Jayme smiled "Of course." he said. "It'll be my please. Shall we start with Engineering? Or perhaps the science labs. Oh I bet you want to see the weapons depot."

O'Connor's eyes momentarily lit up when he mentioned the weapons depot but she quickly covered it up with her annoyed brows. "You're the Captain. Do what you are supposed to do. Lead on."

Jayme caught the subtle glow in her eyes when he mentioned the weapons depot. Of course she would like to see that. Probably to shoot him. He was acutely aware of the fact that O'Connor hadn't liked him since the moment he stepped on America. It didn't really bother him. Most people assumed that he got where he was because he looked like his famous uncle and had a similar name. Maybe it was true but he was bound and determined to prove to everyone that he was his own man. O'Connor was just another person who despised him for no good reason and he was to the point that he didn't care.

"Okay follow me. We'll hit the weapons depot first." he said as he stepped through the door into the corridor.

O'Connor followed, smiling. She had to give him credit. The man knew her. However, she made sure to stifle the crooked smile before he could look back at her. She scolded herself. _Make him earn it._ "Very well."

As they walked through the corridor towards the weapons depot Jayme acted as her tour guide, giving details of the massive ship. "Defiant is 511.25 meets and had 17 decks. She's armed with 6 Type VIII phaser turrets and 2 photon torpedo launchers capable of firing the new Mark XXVI torpedoes." he said. "Luckily we haven't had to use them."

O'Connor replied snidely, "So she's still got that new ship smell, eh?"

"You could say that. To be completely honest I wish she did have a chance to see a little bit of combat. Every captain wants to test his ships mettle in battle and I think Defiant has all the right stuff." he said as they stepped into the weapons depot. "This is where we store and power all the ships onboard armaments." He stepped aside and let her in first.

O'Connor stepped in. She looked around. It was everything she dreamed about. _Do not show excitement. Do not show excitement._ "I suppose you think this is impressive," she returned to Jayme."

"Not really. I just thought that you would like to see it." he responded _What would it take to make her at least smile? She seems to only be happy when she is insulting me._ "Next we'll stop to see Engineering."

"Making assumptions, are we? And just what else do you assume, Mr. Kirk? You know what they say about assuming...."

Jayme gritted his teeth but kept his usual passive facade _Mr. Kirk, even on my own ship and as an equal she can't show me the proper respect. No I'm not going to let her get to me. It's a wonder that she made the rank of Captain listening to Moore like she did._ "This way."

O'Connor followed Kirk and started to give her winning crooked smile. She felt that she had scored a victory. She was finally getting under his skin like he had gotten under hers. "As you wish, Mr. Kirk."

Jayme ignore her statement and just kept walking until the reached Engineering where upon entering Lieutenant Commander Miller, the Chief Engineer handed him a padd. "I didn't expect to see you down here Captain." he said. "These are the latest tuning readouts for the Warp Intermix Chamber. I think we can get another 10 percent output from them."

Jayme looked over the padd for a moment and then signed off on it. "Have a copy sent to my desk and let Commander Kyle know what you'll need to get this done."

"Aye sir." Miller said as he nodded to O'Connor with a "Ma'am." and walked away.

Jayme turned and walked into the engineering section then pointed at the massive warp core in the center. "And this is the heart of the Defiant, a NNEC Mark 4.5 Matter/Anti-Matter Reaction Drive, capable of reaching warp 9.4 but with a normal cruising speed of warp 7. This is the most powerful engine that Starfleet has to offer."

"And your engineer thinks he can get another 10 percent and you're signing off on that? Do you think it is wise to have your engineer tinker with something that the best of the best Starfleet engineers could create?"

"She's only running at 75% of her rated capacity." he returned. "The fleet yards always leave room for the ships engineer to play with. I expect that Defiant will eventually be able to channel 98% if her full power. For now the class is still in it's early stages so there's a lot of experimenting and tuning to do."

"You just enjoy rubbing it in, don't you?" O'Connor crossed her arms and the furrowed brow returned.

Jayme shrugged his shoulders "I have no idea what you're talking about." he said. "Why do we just go check out the bridge."

O'Connor muttered, "No idea, my hiney," as she followed Kirk. "Bridge," she said aloud. "That sounds like a good place to go."

The two Captains stepped into the turbolift and Jayme instructed it to take them to the bridge where the door opened to reveal the Defiant's massive bridge, which was alive with activity. As they stepped on a yeoman handed him a padd "Captain we've received word from command they are requesting that we take aboard Ambassador Stonn and deliver him to Coridan since it's on the way to the Nebula."

Jayme nodded "Signal them that we will pick up the Ambassador in 24 hours." he said.

Penny Anderson nodded and took the signed padd from the Captain's hand "Yes sir." she said.

Jayme turned back to O'Connor "This is the bridge. While the engineering room is the heart his is definitely the brains." he motioned towards the chair in the center. "Go ahead, see how you like the fit."

O'Connor looked around and immediately stated, "The configuration is all wrong." Nonetheless, she sat down in the Captain's chair. _OK. That was cruel. He knew I wanted this ship! I'm going to kill him. I swear it._

"What do you mean all wrong?" he asked. "This layout is optimized for every possible mission consideration from research to diplomacy to defense. We can carry out multiple mission situations at once."

"It is not the same as the America's. It is all wrong." She furrowed her brows.

"That's because Defiant has more mission requirements than America. Frankly she's got a lot more responsibilities then the Constitution Class so of course she's going to have a more advanced layout." He knew he shouldn't have said it but O'Connor's snippy attitude was starting to get to him a little and frankly she deserved to be knocked down a peg.

O'Connor gritted her teeth. _Oh, he wants to play that way, does he?_ "I seem to recall someone saying that he would have preferred the Constitution Class...." She smiled viciously.

"True enough but if you can't get what you want you might as well get the best in the fleet." he shoot back "And Defiant is definately the best ship Starfleet has ever created."

_Oh, that did it!_ "I bet everything else is subpar. Cut corners on quarters and such just to make this."

"I'll take you up on that bet." he said "Follow me." With that he headed towards the turbolift.

O'Connor reluctantly got up from the Captain's chair and followed Jayme Kirk.

"Deck 2." he ordered. "When the turbolift opened again they were on the personnel deck. Finally they arrived at his quarters and he opened the door. "If you think they cut corners take a look in here." and stepped aside.

O'Connor stepped inside and asked, "VIP Quarters?"

"These are my quarters." he said "The rest of the crew quarters are just a nice."

O'Connor checked to see that the door was closed before she raised her Irish temper. "You're enjoying this way too much. You're insufferable, did you know that?"

That was it. She was starting to anger him "What the hell is your problem with me?" he asked.

She approached him angrily and said, "My problem with you is THIS!" She put her left hand around the back of Jayme's head and forcefully pressed her lips against his.

Jayme struggled for a moment _What the hell?_ then finally gave in and kissed her back. For someone that hated him so much she was aggressive. Finally he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

O'Connor continued to kiss him hard and passionately. She did not resist Kirk pulling her close. Instead, she allowed it and threw all her weight forward, not caring if it knocked Jayme on his back.

Jayme scoped her up in his arms and carried her to his room. He had never thought that he was going to get close to having something like this happen. As a matter of fact he had pretty much been ready to have a knock down drag out fight with her. This was a lot more pleasurable he had to admit.

O'Connor initially resisted being scooped. She did not like being out of control. However, in this case, she decided to relent. She had a lot of pent up energy and Jayme was going to feel every moment of it.

Jayme laid her down on the bed and then pressed his body against hers. He could feel her breasts against his chest and how her heart was beating. For some reason he knew that he wanted to be with her.

O'Connor broke away from him and said, "You are the most insufferable man I have ever met!"

_So this is how she wants to play it?_ "Well you're not exactly easy to get along with." he said. "You're crass, rude and completely full of yourself. You act like the galaxy revolves around you. Well I have a message for you Kelly Jean O'Connor. It doesn't."

"Oh, this from a Kirk!" She pushed him off of her and onto his back. She pounced onto his chest and started kissing him hard, only breaking to say, "And because you're so bloody difficult, I figure that you'll just have to deal with this."

Jayme lifted her and started to pull off her jacket and then her white duty shirt. He had to admit she was damned gorgeous, probably the most gorgeous woman that he knew. He probably would have noticed before if she wasn't so hotheaded and completely opposite of everything that he was usually attracted to. "Are you going to keep talking or are you going to shut your mouth and help me get this uniform off?"

"Out of practice?" she taunted. Despite the taunt, she accommodated him and started to return the favor.

Soon enough they found themselves with their uniforms thrown all over the room with his body pressing against hers. This was completely unbelievable. How did he end up in this position with someone that seemed to completely hate him. There was obviously more to Captain Kelly Jean O'Connor than met the eye.

FADE TO BLACK...

A Joint Post By
Captain Kelly Jean O'Connor
and
Captain Jayme Kirk

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:15 pm

Re: [uss_america_a] (Myers/T'Pani) Mission 6 - Day 1 - Morning. Initiating Ship Repairs.

OM
This is merely cosmetic." She pointed out to various damaged areas in the transporter room. "And it's a protective covering. We can try and repair those as much as we can, but we need to cover them up so that they won't get even worse. Sort of like a band-aid." After replacing the platform, Ridika used her cutter beam to cut a wall panel to size for a hole in the right side of the room. "Besides, you were so gracious enough to leave the transporters in decent working order that we don't need to do much here, much less close the station completely down," she replied as she began welding the panel into place on the damaged wall.

NM
T'Pani arched an eyebrow at the officer and looked around.

"If you say so mam." She replied softly.

[Tags]

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:15 pm

Mission 6 - Day 1 - A funny thing happened on the way to the bridge

Jessie had been walking through the corridors of the massive starship for nearly two hours and realized that it would be truly easy to get lost in this thing. She had to admit that her brothers ship was a truly impressive piece of machinery and in a way she was stupid for not taking him up on his offer. The Excelsior class was far superior to the aging Constitution class, not that she wanted to suddenly jump ship or anything. She loved America and the Constitution class in general. If she had her choice of first commands it would be that ship. Fat chance of that happening though, first she would probably never get a command, second she if every other eligible officer in the fleet suddenly was same ship at once and said ship fell into an erupting supernova she would probably be given command of a moon shuttle while some Lieutenant JG was promoted to a command above her. She admitted that she had burned her bridges, even if she had been right in 99% of everything that she said.

Jessie got tired of looking at her brothers pretty yet sterile ship. It was still young and lacked any kind of personality. Even the computers voice was dry, having not been old enough to develop quirks to its personality yet.

The America's first officer stepped into the transporter room and looked at the officer in charge there. "Please transport me to the America." she said.

"Will Captain O'Connor be joining you or remaining aboard ma'am?" he asked.

"I didn't know she had beamed over." Jessie responded.

"About an hour and a half ago ma'am." he responded. "Captain Kirk took her on a tour. She seemed like she wasn't that pleased to be here. Almost like she had something against the Captain."

"He was her first officer for a short time but earned himself a promotion and was given the Defiant over her. I think she holds a grudge against him for that." Jessie said. She stepped on the transporter pad. "Energize."

Moments later she materialized in the transporter room of the America, happy to he home. She could almost feel the ships irritation with her for leaving her to visit another ship _Hold on, Kelly said that she wouldn't be caught dead on Defiant as long as my brother was in command. I wonder what the hell her trip is all about. Oh well she probably went over to pick another fight with him. Oh well Jayme can take care of himself.

With that she headed to the bridge to make sure that the ships preparations were complete before they launched.

tag - anyone

Commander Jessica Kirk
First Officer
USS America NCC-1776-A

Return to “Archives”