Mission 5

Moderator:USS America Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Mission 5

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:36 pm

All hell was breaking loose in Sickbay even if it was only in some
Vulcan trans-dimensional, transcendant meditative space. Bokd wasn't
sure exactly what was going on inside the mind melds. He just knew
that neither Pendragon nor Shikiri was experiencing pain or discomfort.

Bokd was uncomfortable with the great number of people who had been
there. He was glad when Tegau had forced everyone else to leave. Bokd
worked at keeping track of the vitals throughout both mind melds.

The task was rather boring, but it was all that Tegau would let him do
other than manually inventory the medications. Both were boring, but
apparently a trained, certified Crewman was only qualified to do grunt
work. Well, Bokd would just have to grunt while he worked.

A large blond male looked at Bokd and whispered to him, "Those Vulcans
think they know everything, don't they?"

tag - Bokd
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Jessie was now utterly embarrased and she could see that the poor ensign was almost in a state of shock. She had vomited on the poor guy, something that neither of them would live down. "I am sooooo sorry Ensign uhmmm... Bates. I think I..." Jessie stammered out.

"No ma'am it's okay. I get transporter sickness sometimes. I'll see what I can do to fix it up and make sure you have a smooth ride next time." Bates responded.

Jessie's face was red and she still felt sick, almost like she was going to throw up again. "Thank you. I appreciate that."

Bates kept a straight face and reached to help Jessie out of her jacket. "I was told to inform you that their waiting for you in the briefing room." he said. "I'll take care of this and then go get myself a fresh uniform."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." Jessie finally got out as she shed her duty jacket and started towards the door. "Please keep this between us."

"Not to worry ma'am" he said with a smile. "I think it would embarrassing for the both of us if people were to find out that I was puked on by the First Officer."

Jessie gave him a nodd and smile then headed out. She out of the transporter room and towards the briefing room. The Commander still felt a little dizzy but she would at least make it through this. After the day she was having she wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible and get Kelly back up here to take over. Jessie was good for beating things up and making other things explode. It was what she was good at and what she loved to do. Still she felt that she had done a good job representing at least Starfleet during her time on the planet and maybe there was more to her than being a brute with a phaser and photon torpedoes.

The ships XO stepped into the briefing room just as the Chief Medical Officer did. "So what new information do we have?" Jessie as she took a seat at the head of the table. It wasn't her normal seat... no this was the Captains seat because at the moment, like it or not, she was the Captain.

tag - everyone

Commander Jessica Kirk
First Officer
USS America NCC-1776-A

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:38 pm

He chuckled self-consciously and sloped back to his bed, making
himself comfortable and wondering how easy it would be to fall asleep
in such a big room.

Pendragon's voice crescendoed in Ridika's subconscious, "...sure you
do as they tell you and get plenty of rest... I guess I'd better too,
huh?"

_Pendragon...I thought I told him to..._ Ridika was suddenly aware
that she was waking up. _Funny...that didn't take long...to be sure
it's not already morning..._ Her arms and legs were stiff, but she
attempted to move them nonetheless. Her eyelids were heavy and
sluggish, but she tried to open them anyway. As Ridika cracked open
the doorway to consciousness, the Sickbay lights flooded her vision.
She closed her eyes again and took in a deep breath. Her chest hurt a
bit and her wounded arm and leg were sore. _Damn...they're not gonna
let me go back to work like this..._

Eyes still shut, Ridika attempted communication with whoever might be
in Sickbay at that time. Her voice come out gravelly, the same way
most people's voices sound unused after waking up.

"Hello?"

(tag Pendragon)

Lieutenant JG Ridika Myers
Engineering Officer
USS America NCC-1776-A

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:38 pm

OM
"You carry Mattison and follow me. Hopefully we can find the control room to either stop the explosive device or contact America."

"Is that your ship?" T'Pani asked as she effortlessly picked up the yeoman.

"Our ship. I'll have to get you to Delaney when we get back." She started darting down the corridor in one direction.

O'Connor picked a door to the right in the corridor. They entered the room just in time to see through a window a Romulan Bird of Prey cloak. She called out to T'Pani, "See if you can find any sort of control panel or switch to make sure that damn thing doesn't leave!"

NM
T'Pani nodded as she stepped forward and looked around. They appeared to be in some overhead monitoring station, possibly control station, that overlooked a shuttle bay of sorts. She walked over to a darkened console that was apparently without power and knelt down pryng off the accces panel.

"Captain, I have gained access to this console, but the power is offline, attempting to run a bypass into another circuit."

[Tags]

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Her voice come out gravelly, the same way most people's voices sound
unused after waking up.

"Hello?"

Brian's eyes flew open. She was awake. He jumped up from his bed and
then regretted it as his head spun. He shook it and made his way over.

"Hello," he replied. "How are you feeling?"

TAG - Myers

He glanced up at the display. Several of the figures were higher now,
presumably ones showing brainwave activity or other functions
measuring consciousness, but he had no idea if any were too high.

"I'll call one of the medics. They'll want to know you're awake now."

TAG – Bokd

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Brian's eyes flew open. She was awake. He jumped up from his bed and
then regretted it as his head spun. He shook it and made his way over.

"Hello," he replied. "How are you feeling?"

Ridika raised herself up onto her elbows. Her head swam, despite the
fact that her eyes shut. She chuckled a little at Pendragon's inquiry
and shook her head.

"That Romulan woman pretty much knocked me flat on my ass, but I
reckon I'll be alright," she replied with a clearer voice than
before. Ridika took in a deep breath, trying to will away the ache in
her chest by stretching it out. Her headache was back; she shifted
her weight to her left elbow as she began rubbing her right temple
and finally opened her eyes.

He glanced up at the display. Several of the figures were higher now,
presumably ones showing brainwave activity or other functions
measuring consciousness, but he had no idea if any were too high.

"I'll call one of the medics. They'll want to know you're awake now."

Ridika pushed herself up into a sitting position. "No need," she said
to Pendragon. Then, leaning forward so whoever was working in Sickbay
could hear, she called out, "I'm up!"

(tag Bokd)

She leaned back once more and turned to face her guest. Ridika had
recognized the voice of her fellow engineer, but it was just then
that she actually looked at Brian in the face. She furrowed her
eyebrows in slight confusion. _I must've missed something..._

"Pendragon...what are you doing in Sickbay?"

(tag Pendragon)

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:40 pm

"Doctor, I know the coordinates, now. With the assistance of engineering we should be able to penetrate the cloak and send in a rescue party. Should I summon Lieutenant Wells?"

Tegau nodded. "Go. I'll brief Jessie, and no doubt she'll be assembling a team shortly. Draw up a plan to penetrate the cloak so we'll be ready to go."

<T'Pruk>

Tegau commed Jessie quickly. "Commander, we may have found coordinates to the Captain. Someone inserted a new psyche and toyed with Brian's memories, but T'Pruk seems to have at least begun to straighten out the damage. Lieutenant Meyers was transported out in front of me while I was on the surface, she's fine, and resting now. I'll fully brief you as soon as possible."

NM

The message came for Wells to report to the briefing room. Apparently they finally got the information needed and were now asking for a way to penetrate the cloak. While this wasn't going to be an easy task, it wasn't impossible. Laura gathered her tricorder and disks and headed for the meeting..

[no tags, cont in that post..]

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Lt. Laura Wells
CEO
USS America

OM

The ships XO stepped into the briefing room just as the Chief Medical Officer did. "So what new information do we have?" Jessie as she took a seat at the head of the table. It wasn't her normal seat... no this was the Captains seat because at the moment, like it or not, she was the Captain.

NM

A second later, the CEO entered. She sat down in a chair just to the left of the XO and accessed her tricorder with notes. With a look up, she met the eyes of everyone then leaned back a little, "If I may start.." she looked around again her West Virginian accent prevalent, "now that we know where to look and what to look for, I've been able to isolate a power source. It was mistaken at first for regular geo-thermal readings, but we were able to determine based on the info received it is in fact, artificial. Although we don't possess the knowledge to defeat their cloak, we can focus on this power source and use it as a guide to penetrate it sort of like following a path in the woods.." She glanced at her tricorder then back up. "If we're right and the intel is good, we should be able to get into this complex,find the Captain, and beam her and...that cadet out." Her voice was noticeable at the end when she said the last word almost in disgust.

[tags]

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:41 pm

A second later, the CEO entered. She sat down in a chair just to the left of the XO and accessed her tricorder with notes. With a look up, she met the eyes of everyone then leaned back a little, "If I may start.." she looked around again her West Virginian accent prevalent, "now that we know where to look and what to look for, I've been able to isolate a power source. It was mistaken at first for regular geo-thermal readings, but we were able to determine based on the info received it is in fact, artificial. Although we don't possess the knowledge to defeat their cloak, we can focus on this power source and use it as a guide to penetrate it sort of like following a path in the woods.." She glanced at her tricorder then back up. "If we're right and the intel is good, we should be able to get into this complex,find the Captain, and beam her and...that cadet out." Her voice was noticeable at the end when she said the last word almost in disgust.
Jessie looked at Wells and gave her the nodd of approval to carry out her plan "I want a security team down there. As soon as they material drag the Cadet to the bridge and through her behind a forcefield." she said. "Delaney I want you down there with us too. Check out the Captain and make sure she's okay."

Jessie then gave a sharp nod and then motioned towards the door with her head. "Unless anyone has anything else to add I suggest we get moving. The sooner we get on this the sooner we get our Captain back."

tag

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Bokd bored of watching the excruciating silence of the mind meld with the
Pendragons and T'Pruk. He finally decided to go back to the medical cabinet
and finish cataloguing all the medicine. Bokd hated the completely
hum-drumness of life. He still felt that this task was the only viable task
that he could do. The menial work of being a Medical Technician on a
starship was almost unbearable.

Bokd tried to figure out a way to make his life a little more lively. The
mostly human crew of the starship made him feel an outcast. Being the only
Tellarite aboard, he wandered if he'd ever really find a place here.

~Should I look for a Tellarite ship for a transfer?~ he thought to himself.
~How can I fit in here? Will I ever be able to progress to a point where I
can do something OTHER than cataloguing medicines?~

Crewman Bokd
U.S.S. America
Medical Technician

Return to “Archives”