Fancying up the site?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Melissa Richards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fancying up the site?

Postby Melissa Richards » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Good morning,

In the interest of good recruiting, it might be a smart idea to make this site look a little less PHP plain and more creatively crafted original? Perhaps some pictures and some more flourish and color might help?

Amanda Rose

Re: Fancying up the site?

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Well, the message board is just that. Our pretty site is at . If anyone knows how to make things prettier or better, I'm listening. :)
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:15 am

A join button on the various game sites? Bio page, maybe even a 'Crew Blog' to give a recap of the story so far for anyone passing by?
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Me Gworge Clooney would like his royalties for that line.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Caedhros

Postby Caedhros » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:47 am

A join link would be fine, but I don't have an application. We should figure out how we want to handle that, and I will implement it. I can probably do a link on each game page, or just one application overall.

What do you mean a bio page? For the characters or players or what? We won't likely be able to do everyone, so how would be choose?

I also need to know when new stuff is active or recruiting, so I can add it to the site. Looking at Amanda Rose and Michigan Marvels...

I'm not sure how to handle the blog aspect, as it will be impossible to give everyone blogging access. We could do blog updates, and they would be easy to do it someone sent a summary every week or so in each game and I can post and tag it.

Let me know if there are other ideas and what you all think would work best.
"Once again we've saved civilization as we know it."
"And the good news is, they're not going to prosecute."

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:58 pm

I'm going to be working on MM this week between World Cup, arguing about poorly decided Supreme Court cases, my court calendar (which lightened up tomorrow, though I have to sit at 36th and probably go through the financial line twice), visiting Kendlerj and Sjet in Windsor before tabletop on Saturday (Feel free to tag along, Caedhros).

Return to “Non-Gaming/Simming Discussions”