Mission 7, Day 1

Moderator:USS America Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mission 7, Day 1

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:03 pm

America arrived at Starbase One. As usual, there was little fanfare.

O'Connor wondered if she was finally going to get a new Excelsior since the America was called back in. The fact that there were so many transfers led her to believe that was not likely, however. Worse, she received another summons from Admiral Kent. She only prayed that she was not going to be sent on yet another diplomatic mission. She wanted to fight. She wanted to defend the Federation. But how was she going to do it if she kept using a now outdated ship?

She checked the ships docked at the Starbase and hoped that she would find the Defiant there. She gave a crooked smile as she remembered her last time on the Defiant. Not even Jessie or Delaney knew of what occurred the last time she was there and they were her best friends. Quickly wiping the smile off her face, upon docking, she called out, =^= All personnel are granted 72 hours shoreleave while America undergoes repairs and personnel transfers. =^=

tag - everyone
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Ciara Mei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 7, Day 1

Postby Ciara Mei » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:21 pm

(Joint Post, welcome Leyla! Thanks Cap for the joint post!)

Robert Arvin knew that Leyla was leaving. It was well past time that she got back on a starship. Privately, he wondered if she ever would. If someone did not get back in the saddle quickly, that person usually stayed at home. But Leyla was going.

He has mixed feelings about this. He had been her doctor and she had long been cured of her physical wounds. But the psychological ones were still there, even if she did not admit it. And, he did not want to admit his attraction to her. Denial. The best place for people in Starfleet.

He approached her from the side, not dating to come from behind. He might be six feet tall but he knew that Leyla's karate classes would fell him if she was spooked. In his hand was a bouquet of flowers. He called to her as he approached, "Hey, Leyla! All ready to board?"

It was time to leave the past in the past, this is what continued to run through Leyla’s mind as she made her way around Starbase One. All of her things, except the bag she had with her, had been transferred to her new quarters aboard her new home, the America. She’d done her waiting both on Earth and on the station. But it was time to get back into the thick of things.

Her eyes wandered to where her nose was telling her there was something delicious; and it appeared to be chocolate of one sort or another. A smile crossed her lips and she turned in the direction of the chocolate, when a voice, an extremely familiar one, came up beside her. Knowing the voice all too well, she turned instead toward the one who held that voice. “Did not expect to see you here. I figured they’d have you still treating other patients. But to answer your question, yes, I am beyond ready to board.”

She then looked to the flowers and raised an eyebrow. “Flowers, really?”

"They are not fake," he responded with a laugh. "I figured that you should have a decent send off." He handed Leyla the flowers and as he did so, moved to one side of her head and whispered, "Are you sure that you are going to be OK?" His voice was concerned and well meaning.

Leyla took hold of the flowers but before she could even take in their scent, she heard the question that was whispered in her ear. Backing up a bit so that she could look him in the eye, she gave him a nod. “I’m going to be fine. Is that you came out here to give me a send off? You don’t have to worry about me, you’ve helped me more than you know.” She took a sniff of the flowers before looking back at him again. “You’re really worried about me, aren’t you?”

"Yes," he confirmed. "Do you know anything about the ship you are going on? Have you researched it at all?"

Somehow, she knew that he would be worried about her. But to show up to give her a send off? That was not something she had expected. There had to be something else going on in his head, and maybe she’d figure it out. At that point, however, she had to answer his questions. “As much as I could. I know the Captain can be a bit hot headed, and there is an interesting history surrounding her. Beyond that, I still have a bit on the missions to read up on. Is there a reason you ask?”

"Hot headed is an understatement. Do you know she didn't even to get to pick her first XO? She has had her chief of engineering die on the last mission and assistant chief of security die."

He paused dramatically. "This is not the sort of stress you need. Of all the ships, Leyla...."

“Robert…” Leyla realized just how worried about her he was in that moment. “I can take care of myself. If not, I wouldn’t have been cleared. I wouldn’t have asked to be assigned to a ship, and I would have stayed back on Earth instead. But I need to be able to move on from what happened.” She put a gentle hand to his cheek. “What’s got you so worried about me?”

"Leyla, I...I...." He hesitated for quite some time before continuing. He did not expect the hand on his cheek. Did she feel similarly? "Maybe you should try some local routes first. A science ship, perhaps? I'm, just, well...." He looked away.

There was more going on here, and Lelya knew she wanted to figure out what it was, especially before heading out. “I can’t hide myself away forever, Robert. I’ve done it for too long. You more than anyone else know all I’ve gone through these past few years. You’ve been there for me more than anyone, you never gave up on me.” She tried to catch his eye. “Robert, what’s wrong? What aren’t you telling me?”

"I'm going to miss you," he said, only half admitting his feelings. "You've been here and well, people who have been through what you have been through...." He sighed. "They don't usually go back after this long. I was thinking that you might, well, stay...."

“I can’t stay. I can’t live in the past. I’m going to miss you too, but I...” Leyla watched him for a bit, and realized that it was more than just going to miss her. “How long?”

Robert completely missed Leyla's meaning. "I don't know. You're going to be out there," he said pointing into space.

She shook her head and pulled his face over to look at her. “I meant how long have you..how long have you felt the way you do?”

"Does it matter?" he asked dejectedly.

“It does to me. Had you told me…” Would it have changed her decision to leave had he said something? Honestly, she wasn’t sure. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Robert shrugged. "I did not, well.... I mean, I was your doctor...."

She sighed. “That shouldn’t matter. Oh Robert…” What was she going to do? He wanted her to stay, but she also had her orders. There’d be no way for him to come along, no way for her to stay. But she knew now that he’d worry about her the whole time she was gone, more so than just a doctor/patient worry. “I..” She realized she wasn’t even sure what to say, but realized in looking at him that...as much as she hadn’t realized it before...there had been a reason that she’d stuck with him as her doctor for so long.

"I know," he replied softly. "You have to go. It would not be fair to ask you to stay. You could, of course.... Just request a transfer...."

That thought hadn’t even crossed her mind. “But..how would it look after being off ships for so long, suddenly requesting a transfer when I finally get back on board one?” Leyla lifted his chin with her hand, looking him in the eyes again. “You could do the same.” She shook her head. “I couldn’t ask you to do that. It doesn’t matter how I feel.”

Robert shook his head indicating the negative. "Everything I have is here." He pointed back at Earth. Understood within his tone was the unspoken words, "Except for you."

Leyla wasn’t even sure what to say at that point. She’d never realized, or never even thought, until that moment, that there was something that she might actually want here, instead of out in space. “Robert…” She spoke softly and acted more on instinct for a moment than anything else. She wasn’t even sure what made her do it, but she pulled his face closer to her own, and kissed his lips ever so gently.

Closing his eyes, Robert kissed Leyla softly and after the sweet small kiss asked, "So, you'll stay?"

“I want to...now,” she stated softly, “but you know that I can’t. This is what you helped me get to, to a point that I can go back out there and not be afraid. If..if you really want to keep helping me..you can still request that transfer..”

"I can't. My work is here. You, though, can work here, too...."

Leyla shook her head, “Your work can be me, making sure I’m still okay to be on duty and all that. You know I can’t give up what I worked so hard for.” She closed her eyes with a sigh and whispered, “Of all the times for this…”

He shook his head in the negative. "My work can no longer be you. I do not want to be thought of as your doctor. If you still think of me that way, this won't work."

“I never said that. I was...trying to think of a way that we would be able to justify a transfer…” She opened her eyes back up and looked at him again. “I don’t see you as my doctor, Robert. Not anymore. But I…” How was she supposed to do this, especially now?

"You do," Robert answered. "Maybe not completely, but you still want me to 'fix' you." He backed off a few steps. "Perhaps, when you fix yourself...."

She shook her head. “No, Robert, I don’t...I want to be with you. I’d rather be here than out there, now that I know and understand how you feel. But you know that I…” Leyla sighed. She, in that moment, was seriously contemplating staying there, not going on board the America. “Please...don’t move away…”

"No, Leyla," he said backing away further. "It is for your own good. The only way we might have a chance." He nodded over towards the America. "Go."

“But Robert…” She looked over her shoulder only for a moment in the direction she’d originally been heading, then back at him. “Please…” The look on his face told her that, though he cared about her, more than she originally realized, it wasn’t going to happen right now, not until she was out there for a bit. She stepped toward him slowly, but made sure he knew she wasn’t trying to keep either of them there. Instead, she leaned in and kissed him again, but not as gently as before, wanting to remember it since she didn’t know when she’d see him again. “Don’t you dare stay a stranger, you hear me,” she said in a whispered tone.

He nodded. "Nor you," he told Leyla, his voice failing. "Fix yourself and then come back."

Leyla nodded right back to him, “You better wait for me…” She heard the tone in his voice and kissed him once more. “And don’t cry when I leave, that’s supposed to be the woman’s job anyways.”

"Maybe I should become Roberta, then?" he asked trying to laugh off tears that started to fall.

She shook her head, wiping the tears away. “I’ll let you know how I’m doing, I promise Robert.”

Nothing more was said as Robert turned from Leyla and rushed off in the other direction.

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:31 am

It hadn't been the way Leyla thought the day would start: meeting up with Robert only to realize the feelings that were held between them. She had kept a tight grip on the flowers he had given her and replayed the moments in her head. She had forgotten about the chocolate she was going to get before boarding the America, and instead had just headed straight there.

She couldn't say that she didn't watch to see where Robert had gone first, because she'd be lying to herself. Fix yourself and then come back. Those words played in her ear over and over. She wasn't fixed, at least not fully. But, perhaps she was fixed enough to make it out here again. This was her hope…

Checking in to make sure she actually was on the ship's roster before stepping on board, Leyla looked all around as she walked the corridors of the America. It was a new ship, at least to her, and she had to learn it quickly. Memorizing the layout wasn't going to help if you didn't learn it by sight as well.

Looking at the PADD she has, she found where her quarters were at, and was only glad that, in keeping her rank after everything, she had her own quarters. Finding the door after a turbolift rude and a bit more walking, she opened the door to find all of her book boxes inside awaiting her.

“At least these got here in one piece,” she said to no one, as she was alone. Placing the bag she had been carrying onto a chair, she looked around for a specific box. Not only did she have books in the boxes, or clothes, but in one of the boxes was a vase. This vase would be used for the flowers she'd set on the desk once she’d found the box.

Once the vase was filled with water and the flowers, Leyla dug around in another box and found what she was looking for that time; her uniforms. It was time to get back into them after a few weeks of shore leave and traveling. The only other time she'd put them on during that time was to get her orders from Headquarters. But, now was the time.

Changed into her uniform and hair pulled back to the nape of her neck, she looked herself over, making sure everything was in its place. There was no way for her to know how strict they were on the uniforms here, and didn't want to make a bad first impression. Now came the tricky part: getting all the right information to the right places. She knew she had to get checked in everywhere: with the captain, with sickbay, with her department chief.

“Probably sickbay first,” Leyla said to herself. Grabbing the PADD again, she wondered if anyone would even be there. From what she'd heard, the crew was given a bit of shore leave. There'd have to be at least someone there she could check in with, even if it wasn't the medical chief.

Double checking to make sure all her boxes were indeed there, she finally left the quarters she had to get decorated at some point and headed toward sickbay.

Again, she tried to pick up on visual queues on the way, more memorizing. Once there, she stepped inside looking for anyone who could handle what she needed to do.

Tags: Sickbay folks/Delaney (Up for a JP?)

Quamie

Postby Quamie » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Tegau was in her office as Leyla entered. SickBay was neat and tidy, with a few decorative plants as well as enlarged photographs of neurons, blood cells, etc on the wall.

The door of Tegau's office was open, and she was finishing up a call. "Tiernan, wipe that grin off your face or I will dunk you." She sounded amused rather than mad, however. "Thanks Mom. Bye for now!"

She turned then, flushing a little as she caught sight of Leyla. "Sorry about that. What can I help you with?"

(Sent you a message, Leyla!)

<tags or JP>

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Brian Pendragon

Postby Brian Pendragon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:42 pm

=^= All personnel are granted 72 hours shoreleave while America undergoes repairs and personnel transfers. =^=

Brian grunted. Shoreleave was bad enough, but 72 hours of it? At least it was a Starbase and not a planet. Last time they'd had a stopover on a planet, he'd been talked into a short camping trip which had turned into a wonderful voyage of discovery through three new allergies he hadn't known he'd had and never wanted to experience again. The outdoor life was seriously overrated.

Idly, he brought up the information for the base. It was the digital equivalent of a glossy brochure, pushing the conference facilities, gym, transport links to all manner of locations, entertainment..." He closed the browser. Why watch a new release with a roomful of people nattering, eating smelly food, being generally distracting? Who would actually find that better than watching it in your own delightful company, when you were in exactly the right mood and could control your surroundings? Mad.

Still, there were a few things he had been planning to do when he had the time, so why not...
Oh, was I supposed to write something here? Erm... I'm not sure... what sort of thing is it...? Yeah, well. Um...

Quamie

Postby Quamie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:39 pm

(I'm assuming Pendragon is walking toward the Starbase. If not, please disregard! Just didn't want you left hanging!)

After meeting with Leyla, Tegau headed toward the Starbase. Tomorrow she would go down and see her family for lunch, but sometimes it was nice just to remember she was human, without all the pressure of duty and crisis. As she walked the corridors of the America, she saw Pendragon ahead of her. He was a good guy- she considered him a friend, especially after everything the crew had been through together.

"Brian! Wait a moment!" she called, hurrying to catch up.

<tag>

She grinned at him. "Heading to the Starbase to relax a bit?"

<tag>

T'Pruk

Postby T'Pruk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:23 pm

February 13, 2296

A day before the humans would celebrate the emotion of love and would pressure one another into the rituals of giving chocolates, roses, and expensive mating rituals. She wondered if her roommate would partake in these rituals. If the ticker tape was to be believed, Brian Pendragon was, as the humans would say, quite the ladies' man. However, after observing Pendragon over the past couple of months, T'Pruk had her doubts. Of course, humans could be rather unpredictable, the emotional creatures that they were.

T'Pruk was relieved that Brian left their quarters. She could feel the emotions trying to surface. Pon farr was nearing. She could feel the primal urges trying to surface. By her calculations, pon farr would begin in four months, twenty one days, and fourteen hours. Further calculations became difficult as the emotions and biology refused to allow more certainty.

There was nothing to do. She took out the candle, looked into the flame and started to meditate. There was nothing for her on shoreleave, except perhaps catching up on scientific journals. She took a deep breath and tried to clear her thoughts. Brian, she hoped would not return for some time. She did not wish for him to see her in this slightly embarrassing state.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:55 am

Admiral Kent. The thought was not merely a name but a host of emotions that O'Connor associated with the games that the Admiralty seemed to play with her. Kent, thus far, had not set her up to fail as Moore did. However, he did not ever tell her the full truth, either. Whether it was with the XO that she was supposed to get rather than Young, Serentis' Romulan daughter, or even the Kelvans, Kent always held something crucial back. And now, he called for her without a hint of the reason why. It smelled of a trap.

Her senses on high, she sought out Jessie. Upon finding her, she asked with a crooked grin, "So, care to show off that bulging belly to the Admiralty?"

tag - Jess
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Brian Pendragon

Postby Brian Pendragon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:36 pm

"Brian! Wait a moment!" she called, hurrying to catch up.

"Oh, hello?" he greeted her, slightly startled.

She grinned at him. "Heading to the Starbase to relax a bit?"

"Yes. Well... er... fox a given value of relax... Depends what they have on offer, really?" He hadn't been that impressed with the selection, but maybe there were things that would be more enjoyable in company. "How about you?"

tag - Tegau
Oh, was I supposed to write something here? Erm... I'm not sure... what sort of thing is it...? Yeah, well. Um...

Return to “Current Mission Logs”