Ep1 Act3: The Golden Hind

Moderator:The Thing Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: The Golden Hind

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:45 pm

The fey quality of the light continued to diminish, and more and more of the wall space was taken up with explosive outcroppings of the black material. It looked like they had erupted from the wall, but there was no sign of ruptured bulkheads or broken wall panelling: it was like the black material had pushed out from just under the surface seamlessly.

Sjet was about to open his scanner one more time, when his combadge went off. In the cold and quiet hallway the little alert chirp it made was almost deafening. He was pleased to see he wasn’t the only one to jump.

“Sjet here, go.” He said softly, as though whispering would dispel all the fears a few millions years of evolution installed behind all the technology and culture.

“Hey…cap. It’s Gary.” Came the chipper voice of the Tim Allen’s helmsmen, an odd quality to it: the man sounded happy.

“How’s it going Gary, we’re real close now.” Sjet said, picking up his scanner again and flicking it open.

“Yeah we know. We know you’re coming to get us.” Gary said, but something in the quality of his voice had changed. The jokiness was gone, replaced instead by a darker tone of voice that still hid a sly smile behind its kind words “We know you’d not leave us like the Gorgon’s crew.”

Sjet paused, scanner opened and buzzing.

“Oh. Right, yeah. Our little secret right.” Gary made a hushing noise from the combdage as Sjet slowly began to turn towards the right hand side of the corridor “You told me that story way back when after we had that run in with the Orion pirates. Captain shouldn’t go charging into plasma fire to rescue crewmen already chard to dust and ash, I said. But you couldn’t leave them there, dead or alive. Not after you abandoned the USS Gorgon and became its only survivor. Admiralty should have benched you, should have shipped you out of the fleet.”

“But I did nothing wrong.” Sjet said quietly, closing the scanner and looking at the golden wall with its broken black markings.

“On paper you did nothing wrong. Your escape pod just happened to be turned in just such a way that the radiation pulse that atomised everyone else didn‘t get to you. You’re a lucky son of a bitch that you know that right? Of course Starfleet’s not going to put you back in charge of a front line cruiser again, so they gave you to us: the tug boat Tim Allen.” The voice was snarling now, a inhuman rage building behind the words. Sjet reached up, and tapped his combadge to break the connection.

“They gave us a jinxed captain, and they gave you a crew to kill.” The voice continued without the aid of Sjet’s combadge. Because set into the wall at chest height were the combadges of the 18 officers who had been beamed into that section of the ship. They rested flush against the black onyx cubes that were pushing out of the wall. And one by one the badges faded into the material, sinking into them like stones in dark water.

“But I saved your crew.” Came Gary’s voice once more, but not it was…older, that same heavy malevolence to its tone “I did what you were unable to do. And now they will live forever inside of me, alongside the countless others I have experienced.”

“Run.” Was Sjet’s only instruction, as a fierce clicking buzz filled the air. From down the corridor in the direction they had been going towards, a rippling wave of black cubes began to rise from the floor, rolling up on top of each other to turn from a simple tripping hazard into a blocking plug of glistening whisper quick machinery. Sjet grabbed P’Trell shoulder and threw her in front of him.

“Run now!” he barked, pushing.

TAG-P'Trell and Ryler

Jake Sjet
Captain
USS Tim Allen

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

SabrinaPandora

Postby SabrinaPandora » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:42 am

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:50 am

SabrinaPandora

Postby SabrinaPandora » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:13 am

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:46 am

Return to “Current Mission Logs”