Ep1 Act 2: Down Into The Belly Of The Beast

Moderator:The Thing Host

Nevian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Down Into The Belly Of The Beast

Postby Nevian » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:04 am

Sai'tan maintained position at his station by the simple expedient of the safety strap across his shoulder and lap as per standard procedure.

" Impuse engines at 30%.. Helm,we can maintain station keeping.. " his fingers flew across the station, reconfiguring blown out portions and bypassing..

" Port nacelle .. lost. Hull breaches sealed.. Warp core offline.. Sheilds offline.. Auxilary power at 80% .. auxilary fusion generators 2 through 8 offline. "

He barely looked up at the main screen before surveying rest of the bridge before leaving his station to grab a medical kit and a phaser.

" Captain S'jet, your orders? " as the narrow focused beam sliced into and around the tactical station's panel, freeing the severely wounded Andorian's arm.

Ciara Mei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Zayna wanted to see what was out the viewscreen, but she couldn’t move enough to look. She wanted something for the pain so she could get up and help. It might not have been her place, but she didn’t care in that moment. She knew, by this point, that she’d fractured something in her back, but she had no idea how bad it actually was. She’d have to wait for Zuub to tell her that part.

It didn’t take long for Ryler to realize she was starting to lose a little feeling in her feet and her hands. Another clear sign that she had done something pretty bad to her back. She felt useless, laying there in a ball with searing pain going through her body.

Her eyes moved to look at Sjet. “Think you’ll have to do without your gofer for a bit, Captain. I’m losing some feeling in my hands and feet.” She tried to move her eyes to see where Zuub was and couldn’t find her. Instead, she looked back at Santra, hoping that he wasn’t as bad off as he looked.

Tags: Sjet, Zuub

Aoife

Postby Aoife » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:19 pm

"Yes Sir, Mister Man In Charge, Sir." Emerald Jones couldn't contain her excitement. The high from this adrenaline boost was incredible, she felt amazing. Her body undulated slightly in her seat, as she put together the package that the Captain wanted her to send to the other ship. Science, mathematics, art.. it all went into a message to which she added "Greetings. We are peaceful travellers and explorers," in several languages from many worlds.

Once sent, she looked around the chaos to see what else she could get her hands on to do. Things that didn't involve being anywhere near a medkit, hypospray or medications. She slid across to another console, starting to work on getting it back online.

"Oh! What else?" She called across to the Captain, glancing back towards him. "Anything else not doctor-y that I can do?"

TAGs

SabrinaPandora

Postby SabrinaPandora » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:07 pm

"Shields..." the somewhat wobbly tactical chief spoke up. "Still in middle of hydrogen storm. Shields down, generators blown I think. Bring shields online, Emerald Jones?"

Antennas still wobbly, P'Trell was at least on task and a team player. Though for the life of her she could not recall nor make out what Jones' rank was at the moment.

~Tag Jones

(i couldn't find Jones' rank anywhere, is she a civilian?)

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:47 pm

“Chief Sai’tan I want you to shuffle that deck of cards masquerading as an engineering console to form something that’s going to keep the anti-matter containment system up and running. With the Warp Core off line we’re not generating the power needed to keep those fields up for very long. And I very much want to hold off seeing what several tons of anti-matter look like when it interacts with our three dimensional universe. It’s one of those pesky scientific theories that I enjoy primarily on paper, and behind a few Tesla’s worth of magnetic force.” Captain Sjet said, wetting dried lips as he mulled over the Vulcans words: the Tim Allen was wrecked, it just hadn’t had the good manners to fall apart just yet.

TAG-Sai’tan

He stepped over Santra’s prone and silent form, a blessing after nearly two months on the same ship as the cranky Bajoran, and knelt beside Ensign Ryler.

“Keep that head of yours still for me, okay Ensign?” he said, feeling a little off about addressing a woman who was far too senior to be such a junior officer. Of course rumours abounded, small ships collected such gossip jetsam as a matter of course, but Captain Sjet had left her secrets. He leaned in a little closer and gave Ryler a confident smile “You and I both know ‘The Book’ doesn’t allow Ensigns to fall apart, even after flying across the bridge and assaulting a console. You keep still and don’t make yourself worse, and I’ll not amend this incident to the Log. Save us all a bit of paper work down the line, okay?”

He glanced at Dr Zuub to get at least an impression of the Ensigns situation.

TAG-Ryler and Zuub. I swear I’ll start pumping aphrodisiacs into the air supply Stu, mark my words :)

“Lieutenant P’Trell: give me a reading on that ship out there. I want a scan of any interior spaces, from corridors to open chambers. Find me a place to put down twenty souls in a single beam out.” He said after he’d stood back up, looking at the wounded Andorian and mentally chiding himself for putting the petite Popsicle of a tactical officer through anything more strenuous than full body recovery. But she was upright, mobile, and conscious: and right now that was a miracle in and of itself.

TAG-P’Trell.

He then turned to look at Jones and Sai’tan.

“Ensign...er...Liet?...Miss Jones, here’s what I want you to do for me: find a way to initiate a massive site to site transport of all surviving crew off the Tim Allen. Our head count when we left the engineers on the station was twenty, ten in engineering, four in sickbay and us up here on the bridge. P’Trell will find you a nice place to put us down in.” he instructed, before turning his attention back to the Vulcan “Chief I know you’re working on keeping those pods in one pieces, but I need you to do that and get me the power to beam the crew away. Once we’re on that ship we’re going to need time to either convince its crew to help us out, or figure out how to fly it ourselves. Having the Tim Allen explode like a small and angry star might complicate matters somewhat.”

TAG-Jones and Sai’tan

“What about me Sir?” came the voice of Helmsman Gary.

“Keep collecting the med kits from around the bridge, and empty out the weapons locker as well.” Sjet said sternly, before remembering the lines to an off colour song he’d heard some Starfleet Marines singing on Risa: We come in peace, shoot to kill.

Seemed like the theme of the day.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

SabrinaPandora

Postby SabrinaPandora » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:09 pm

Last edited by SabrinaPandora on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:43 am

Nevian

Postby Nevian » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:20 pm

" Antimatter contaiment is nominal for another 6 hours, sir. " the Vulcan called out, " Warp core failed safe. Auto pilot and impulse drive is maintaining us at station keeping. "
he worked a moment more, " If we have an hour for repairs to the shields, we have a 20% chance of reaching orbit. Auxilary power is holding at 80%. Repair teams have sealed off hull breaches and the pilon to the port nacelle. "

" Sir, starport sensor array will be online in 2 minutes. "

" I would recommend reviving Captain Santra, he is a qualified doctor."

" Hull integrity at 70%, aux fusion generators 2,5 and 8 back online. "
Last edited by Nevian on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:43 pm

“He’s a qualified doctor with a major head injury. And as Dr Zuub just pointed out, I’m not a doctor so I will defer to her blue skinned opinion on the care of our injured crewmates.” Sjet said with a mock sternness to his voice, before turning and looking at the mentioned Andorian “Though getting both Ryler and Santra back up and running would at least get two patients off your hands. If you think Ensign Ryler can do some light duties, I’d like her to assist Ensign Gary in collecting the emergency supplies.”

TAG-Ryler/Zuub

He then walked over to Chief Sai’tans station, leaning over so he could share in a private word between himself and the Vulcan.

“I’m going to assume your calculations for our odds at reaching orbit hinge on the Structural Integrity Field generators? Well I have something i need you to keep under your hat: we don't have any,” he held up a hand to halt any questions “I know your station says we do, and you’ll even find them on the ships schematics. But they’re not there. The Tim Allen is a Oberth Block A design, meaning she’s near enough a museum quality representation of the first Oberth to be cobbled together at San Francisco Dock Yards a hundred odd years ago. Hell for all I know you were there for her commissioning ceremony.”

He smiled a little lopsidedly at that but continued.

“Since then the Tim Allen’s been something of a home improvement project for the crews that have served on her. Most of the modern tech they train kids on these days can’t be fitted into a Oberth A class, it would be like adding a fusion reactor to a sail boat. The only thing thats been able to be upgraded in any major sense is the computer core running the show, and that only works because Starfleet’s best and brightest sent four Bynar’s and some mood music to help them concentrate. You ever see a cyborg get high whilst listening to Jimi Hendrix? I highly recommend it, it’s an utterly singular thing to witness.” he tapped the screen before Sai’tan “So when it says we have four SIF generators here, and here...it actually means we have structural support beams. The Tim Allen gets away with high warp because we sink a lot of the spatial stress load into the inertial dampener. Which explains why there aren't many Oberth A’s left in service.”

And with that explanation there was good reason: sinking that much displayed force into the inertial dampeners took stress off both hull and crew. But the moment the dampeners lost power or fluctuated...well the deferred force would be placed back onto the ship and crew. In the more lurid cases from the old days of space travel, this meant ships travelling at low warp speeds instantly turned their flesh and blood crews into thick red jam on the back wall as hundreds and thousands of gravities of force were unleashed. To quote one engineer who had the misfortune of boarding a ship after a dampener failure: “OOoooh, nasty.’

“Given what I know of this ship as her captain, I have little faith in returning to orbit safely. If it was just me and no one else, I’d risk it because thats what emotional human captains do. But I have my crew and your Starbase team to think of. I want you to run as many scans of that ship out there as you can, transfer them to the tricorders and pad’s we have here on the bridge so we at least have some intelligence about what we’ll find over there. Lieutenant P’Trell should already have a lot of data for you to use, but I’m sure a engineers eye on things will be us proud,” Captain Sjet instructed “That ship, that Golden Hind out there, just became our miracle.”

TAG-Sai’tan and P’Trell

he turned his head around and looked at Lieutenant Jones.

“How we going over there? Are we ready with the transporter yet?” he asked.

TAG-Jones
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Return to “Current Mission Logs”