Ep1 Act 2: Down Into The Belly Of The Beast

Moderator:The Thing Host

Aoife
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Down Into The Belly Of The Beast

Postby Aoife » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:47 pm

“Give me a moment,” Jones muttered, concentrating on getting enough power to the transporters.. correction...enough stable power to the transporters to ensure that everyone got there in one piece, and hopefully as themselves and not some mutant creature gestalt of them all. As interesting as that might be to witness, she didn't want to be part of someone's kneecap, so wanted to be certain.

She swore quietly in her home language as the power dipped alarmingly again. Pausing for a moment, fingers poised over the console in front of her, Emerald stared at the ceiling and thought about all the places she could pull from to create the kind of signal that was needed. She nodded. If they were transporting everyone in one go, then they wouldn’t need life support. The timing would be tight.

“I can do it,” she announced to the bridge. “But we are not, I repeat, not going to have a second chance. Anyone who doesn’t transport isn’t going to. I’m going to have to shut everything down to get the signal stabilized enough to get us there.” She looked over at the Captain, her expression grave. “And when I say everything, I do mean everything. I’m building a secondary command to go off as soon as the transport is done, that will attempt to start the systems up again. If we’re lucky there will be just about enough to keep her from crashing. Do I proceed or not? And where am I setting everyone down?”

She programmed the routine she wanted to run anyway. As far as Lt. Emerald Jones was concerned, they were going anyway, and if anything went awry in the next couple of minutes, she wanted to push one button and see the comfortable sparkles surround every body on the ship. Alive, or dead, she programmed for all.

TAG - The Captain

((I don't think we ever decided what rank Emerald was. So I stuck her as a lieutenant for the time being.))

Nevian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nevian » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:10 am

" Captain, over the past 12 weeks Chief Gantz and his crew have been working on interior retrofits. " Sai'tan's tone was calm, perhaps a bit dour, as he continued to monitor the ships operations, sending commands to repair teams and routing power as necessary, adjusting flows to sections as repair teams reported.
" You signed off on this as I quote, * Keep the engineers from going stir crazy. * "
he broke to reply to one of the damage control parties,

" Roger that, team 3, powering now. " a moment later, " Confirm. Section 3 stable. Continue to next. "

Focused again on Captain S'jet, " We now have 516 micro structural integrity field nodes reinforcing the ships space frame, giving us the equivalent of 72% of a Oberth E class' SIF. "

He tapped another control, the display showing repair status through the Allen took on brigther tones in engineering.

" Warp core can be online in 35 minutes altho I do not recommend it until I can inspect."

Another panel displayed a projection of the ship climbing from the depths of Tangerine to orbit, " With a judicous use of phasers and shield configuration I project 20% chance or better of reaching orbit. These odds will increase given enough time to effect repairs, Sir. "

That repair status was replaced with a preliminary sensor reading of the ship on main display.

" However, given our current status.. the only logical conclusion would be to seek assistance from that ship."

Tag - Jones....
Last edited by Nevian on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nevian

Postby Nevian » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:18 am

Aoife

Postby Aoife » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:51 pm

"Perhaps I wasn't clear," Emerald said, not looking up from what she was doing. "When I said I am taking all the power, I mean I am taking all the power. And that means.. transport can happen in less than one minute, but we'll be dead in the.. er.. energy fueled water. ." She touched the side of the console as if reassuring it that she still loved it dearly. Worried, she worked out another solution as fast as she could, while waiting for the information about where to set everyone down.

It was a juggle. Snatching people from all around the ship and placing them in one spot? It was the most hellish of scenario's to figure out. Emerald loved it.

"So, where am I putting us please? Because there's another wave coming, and we don't have the resources to deal with it!"

TAG - whomever is passing that intel along!

SabrinaPandora

Postby SabrinaPandora » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:26 am

"Here," the tactical officer passed out on an auxiliary panel sat up with a groan. Tapping a few tabs with one hand, the somewhat crispy critter brought what scans she had managed up on the main screen.

"There... where those... bit parts float around, what they all point at is where the bridge should be, I think." Lieutenant P'Trell pointed with a shaky finger, still spasming occasionally from a few fried and twitchy synapses. "That is where we should go if the layout of the alien vessel makes any sense at all. If I am reading this right. I think."

The crack in the bulkhead grew a bit longer and as the console bulged outward slightly with a groan, those drowsy eyes opened wide. "We have nine emergency transporters in the escape pods and a six person transporter room for fifteen people. We need to go very soon before-"

There was a shuddering groan that dragged out for a few seconds, mingling with a screech of protesting victurium as a vibration shook the Tim Allen, and he began to drift a bit to port.

"Hull breach with decompression across decks eleven, twelve, thirteen... main engineering is vented to space," the squeaky-voiced sprite's voice climbed with urgency. "Structural integrity failing. Orders?"

~Tag any

Aoife

Postby Aoife » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:54 am

"A hanger bay would be better. I'm not just transporting the bridge crew! There are other people onboard!" Emerald yelled over an ominous creaking sound that seemed to run through her bones. "I'll kill people if I try and put everyone on that bridge!"

She gave up trying to get that information across, and hunted for a space herself. Glad that she had already been working on setting up co-ordinates, Emerald finalized her equations. There was a large conference room type space near what was probably the bridge, and big enough for everyone. She hit the all-call on communications.

"All crew, this is Lieutenant Jones. Standby for transport. Be warned that this is going to take a beat longer than usual." She finished her communication, and looked up.. right as the screen seemed to peel away from the wall in front of her. Adrenaline thrumming through her, Emerald punched in the command to transport them to the other ship.

Everything went dark, save for the gentle swirl of the transporter, catching them all in it's net and flinging them across the expanse of space to the other ship. Consoles, engines, and life support all gave their last breath of power to the desperate transport that would save their lives. In words that were stolen from some poet in another life, Emerald Jones could only think of quantum starfire engulfing them all, and pulling them through the ether to safety.

TAG - all

((Yes, I have just transported us to the other ship. Not in the bridge I am afraid, but a nearby conference room that would be big enough for all members of the crew.))

Nevian

Postby Nevian » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Return to “Current Mission Logs”