Arriving at Starbase 42

Moderator:The Thing Host

Sjet
Re: Arriving at Starbase 42

Postby Sjet » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:09 pm

OOC: Whenever I hear Zuub try to be a doctor, I keep seeing this...
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Aoife
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Aoife » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:38 am

The Allen used to be a science vessel before she got roped into the 4th Logistics Fleet, and the tool pushers at Utopia never did get around to ripping out her sensor suite for something a little more low key." he grinned a little at the spikey headed scientist "Remind me to tell you about the time we used those sensors to pop popcorn from high orbit some time. Heck of a thing."

"Top of the line?" Emerald grinned happily. "And we're still sitting here and not flying out there playing?" She ignored the rest of the byplay in the room. She'd get to know them all soon enough. She nodded towards Captain Sjet, eager to get moving as soon as possible. If there was one thing that Emerald hated more than just about anything else (bar one thing.. another tale for another time) it was sitting and waiting. It dulled the senses, and made holes in the memory.

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:51 pm

(Sorry this took so long, JP between Zayna and Zuub, fits right here!)

Zuub's demeanor did not change. In her soft, wispy voice she replied, "I do not know if I am not told the source of the problem. However, my antennae seem to indicate that you are upset. Though I am not a counselor, I might be of some assistance."

Zayna eyed Zuub for a moment, debating on whether it was even worth it to talk to her. No one but the two captains knew of her past, and she wasn’t about to change that. Now she was in a ‘need-to-vent’ stage.

“The source of the problem..well..we won’t go into that one. Things I can’t talk about, at least not right now. But as for being upset, you’re right. If you really want to listen to me just talk a bit, I guess we can. Not here, though. Got somewhere else we can speak?”

"I am a doctor. Listening is what I do. As to me having somewhere to speak, this is not my ship but I believe that we can find somewhere."

“No office or somewhere? Fine, whatever.” Zayna started to walk out of the room, not sure if Zuub would follow her or not.

Zuub followed Zayna out, quite curious as to the source of her agitation. Silently, she wondered if Zayna wanted a natural stress reliever. Zuub was not sure that Zayna was interesting enough to play with but if such therapy was medically helpful, Zuub was not opposed to assisting.

After several moments of silence, her antennae lashing silently about her head, she said, "I am certain that there is some space on this ship that would be suitable to your purpose."

Looking down a few corridors, Zayna sighed. Finding one that hopefully no one would be walking down or near any time soon, she looked over at Zuub.

“I want to make sure you are up for hearing this. I hate to say, I’m not huge on how you show emotions, I like seeing it on faces, not antennae. Just the way I am, I have nothing against you otherwise. But my ranting may...not be the best to listen to.”

Zuub spoke even softer, "I am sorry that you do not appreciate Andorian culture. The loss is yours. Perhaps if I introduced you to our ale, it would help. However, we Andorians are, well, somewhat like I believe you Pink Skins call ants. Our antennae not only show emotion but sense many things that you Pink Skins seem to miss. I am pleased to hear that you have nothing against me. That being said, I am certain that I have heard much worse."

“You haven’t lived my life, Zuub. Believe me, you don’t want to.” Zayna leaned against the wall she was near and thought on what to actually tell the Andorian in front of her. “I’ve done things, bad things, to get me here. And now I’m being treated more like a servant than anything else. I didn’t used to be an ensign..far from it in fact. Now I’m stuck being a gofer for the captains.”

Zuub's antennae began to twitter excitedly. "Oooh! That sounds like a worthwhile life to me, not a bad one. How many enemies were you able to destroy?"

Zayna frowned and shook her head. “Classified. Lost more than just enemies though.”

Zuub gave a small snort. "That is the Federation's polite way of saying that you errored and they want nobody to figure out how badly you did so."

“Oh they are very aware of what I did.” Zayna sighed, “I got lucky I didn’t get kicked out of Starfleet when it happened.”

"Obviously," Zuub answered, “Starfleet must still believe that you have a lot of promise, then. Otherwise, if what you say is true, then you would not be talking to me. I would suggest that dwelling does little good. But I have found that you Pink Skins can be very difficult to understand at times."

“Dwelling? Oh, there is a lot to dwell on when it comes to what I did.” Zayna shook her head with a sigh. “Some of it hit me hard, and even for us ‘pink skins’, our own emotions are hard to understand, especially when you have trouble trying to keep them in check with remembering things.”

Zuub tilted her head slightly. "Explain." Curiosity had her antennae leaning in towards Zayna.

Zayna raised an eyebrow. “Explain? What is there to explain? Things happen, there is an emotional attachment to them, whether it is good or bad. In this case, it was very bad, for me especially.”

"You Pink Skins get wrapped up in emotions a lot. First, there is love, which I have only begun to understand. Then there is this dwelling thing...."

“Love...let’s not..let’s not get into love, please? It is a complicated emotion.” She turned away, crossing her arms as she did so. “Dwelling happens, it is natural for humans.”

"Why?" Zuub asked, genuinely interested. "Why must it be so. The past is not generally changeable."

Zayna swore under her breath. “That may be, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t think about it. Especially when someone we care about is involved.”

"You killed someone you loved?" Zuub guessed.

“I said, let’s not get into anything about love. I ca..” She stopped, closing her eyes to reconcile herself. “I just can’t.”

"Why is it that humans say 'can't' when they usually mean 'won't'?"

“For me, it is because I don’t want to relive those events over and over. I already see them in my sleep, I don’t need reminded of them anymore.”

"I could assist with that. I could block or eradicate those portions of your memory, if you desired."

Zayna snapped her head back over at Zuub. “No, just no. I won’t have anyone messing around inside my head for any reason. I don’t care what memories I have to deal with.”

Zuub shook her head. "Very confusing. All of you Pink Skins.... First, you complain of your memories. Second, you complain about seeing them in your sleep. Then I provide a solution and you would rather suffer." Zuub sighed. "I think I require Counselor Richards again."

“You? You seeing a counselor? For some reason I find that laughable. I’ve seen enough of them to tell you this: they never help.”

"I saw one, yes. But she was my friend. At first, she was doing her job but we found a mutually beneficial relationship."

Zayna rolled her eyes a bit. “They never did me a bit of good. All wanted to get inside my head, I only went to them because I was ordered to. I hate dealing with them.”

"So, you do not want anyone to assist you, then...."

“You’re the one who offered, I told you I was going to just sort of vent to you. And now you just want to dig around in my head and block out my memories.”

"I only have a desire to assist. It is the nature of any doctor, is it not?"

“It might be. I’ve had so many of them trying to help me get past everything that happened. Try to help me get past what I caused to change in my life. And all I do is see them because I have to, they don’t help.”

"You do not have to. You choose to. As I said, I could assist with that. Should I note that you are a masochist?"

Zayna glared at Zuub. “I don’t know how you could assist anyways. I’m not allowed to give the details of what happened.”

"Perhaps I could get clearance?"

“The majority of the people on board this ship don’t have the clearance. Maybe two besides myself. You really think you could get the clearance?” She scoffed, “I doubt it.”

"I do not know if I can or I cannot but as I am a ranking officer...."

She shook her head, “Those files are very much classified. You might be able to get an idea of who was killed that is haunting me so much, but beyond that.” She turned away again, she had to quit thinking about it, and yet she couldn’t. This was her first mission since all that, and it was difficult.

"When I get the opportunity, I shall ask the Captain," Zuub told Zayna simply and definitively.

“Of course you will,” Zayna whispered to herself. “I’ll be surprised if either Captain gives you clearance. It is up above them even, they are lucky to know what is going on.” She wiped a random tear that had formed away, looking back at Zuub. “Anything else you want to pry into?”

"I have many answers to that question but I find that when Pink Skins ask that question, they often mean it as, 'This conversation is over. Please go away.'"

She put her hands up. “That part you know about us all to well.” She sighed. “Look, I didn’t mean to take it out on you. You aren’t involved, but I do that to anyone who wants to talk about it.”

"Like Vulcans, we Andorians do not feel the same sort of emotions as you. Ours are more biological."

“There are times I wish I could do that. But it isn’t possible for humans. Especially humans who have seen and done as much as I’ve done.”

"Killing is nothing new to Andorians. We do it regularly, though less now that we have a democratic government."

“My killing wasn’t done on purpose. At least...not all of it.” She shook her head. “I’m sorry, I can’t anymore…”

"When you are ready," Zuub told Zayna simply. "I will be here."

Zayna only nodded. “If I do end up needing a regular night of sleep...I might come by and get something.” She caved on that. All the time she’d been offered, she never once said she’d do that, until now.

Zuub nodded. "Until then, Ensign."

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:24 pm

(another back post - a long one!)

Check-up

The medical records the height-challenged Andorian had handed over so glumly to the chief medical officer were quite comprehensive and extensive. It appeared that little Talla P’Trell was very well acquainted with doctors and medical care.

From her Starfleet entrance exam were details of her condition, a hypothalamic defect that rendered her unable to regulate her body temperature. Which served her well on the Issa icecap, where it rendered her uniquely capable of surviving the coldest temperatures that nature could throw at her. But off Andoria in the 22.2 degree temperature that most facilities and starships were maintained at for pink-skin comfort, the patient would suffer heat prostration and quickly overheat.

Thus the environmental ‘coldsuit’ had been fitted for her with a special uniform dispensation rendering her capable of functioning in the relative heat of a starship. Of course, her file also noted that she was at high risk in high temperature missions where her ‘coldsuit’ might become overtaxed.

It was also theorized said birth defect might also account for her diminutive stature and sturdy frame, but this was only conjecture. Moving on there were the standard cadet injuries, a sprain, a tear, a break, nothing serious until her assignment to the USS Sunfire... which is when her record got very interesting.

Emergency beam-in, DOA on transport. Three myocardial infarctions back to back. Resuscitated, returned to duty same day.Collapsed on transport Starfleet Command, San Francisco, DOA. Upon resuscitation discovery that cardiac tissue was 78% scar tissue. Emergency surgery performed, Jarvik 27 installed in lieu of donor or cloned organ. Patient requested discharge after three days, granted by attending physician at patient’s request.

PTSD. Vacuum exposure. Multiple disruptor injuries, 12 broken bones and plates.Two broken arms, one broken leg. Beamed up DOA. Resuscitated, treated for extreme exposure, abrasions, dehydration, first, second and third degree sunburns. Severe concussion, broken jaw, broken leg, crushed left hand, malnutrition. Multiple severe compound traumas resulting in 87% broken bones, multiple lacerated organs, punctured lung and severe concussion.

The list went on and on. Of all of them the self-inflicted concussion was perhaps the most alarming, as apparently it was the patient attempting brain damage as therapy.

The list of injuries was quite comprehensive. The little lieutenant did not actually have a bone or plate in her body that had not been broken at some point, and had been resuscitated at least four times on record here, though given the injuries it was likely she had been resuscitated during surgery for others. The two mentions of counseling throughout all of these injuries seemed alarming, and it brought about another curiosity. Checking the woman’s personnel file, there were no commendations- none.

Not even a purple heart for a singular injury, despite the fact that all of the injuries listed were incurred while on active duty.

The next two years were simple. Court martial for an action at Cardassia, decommissioning, recommissioning, reassignment to the USS Chuck Norris then assignment to the USS Constellation G, followed by two years spent in therapy at the Tantalus psychiatric institute. Followed by transfer to Starbase 42. Oddly enough, the transfer date seemed to be.. two days ago. Which was impossible, of course, as they had been 12 weeks out from Earth to get here.

Yet no one had seen nor heard of the squeaky-voiced sprite- who was nervously perspiring sitting bolt upright on the biobed where she had been told to sit by Dr. Zuub- until the muster in the mess hall two days ago.

Zuub’s antennae leaned in with interest as she read the entire medical history of Lieutenant P’Trell. However, as she read more and more her antennae started to lash about wildly. They lashed even harder when she read the transfer date of a mere two days ago. Zuub did not know how that could be possible and yet, it was. The records had not to the best of her knowledge been tampered or damaged in any way. She had met P’Trell at the muster, and she certainly would have recalled seeing another Andorian, particularly one so odd.

Zuub was pleased that Talla had participated in so many battles and survived them all... well, sort of, given the number of DOAs on record. Clearly, Talla was a strong and durable warrior, and had she been a member of a clan, she would likely have made the clan very proud despite all of her handicaps.

Zuub called for Lieutenant P’Trell and once the little lieutenant appeared the doctor asked in her soft wispy voice. “Can you explain this?”

“I will try,” P’Trell blinked up at the physician, happy to be helpful. “What do you want explained Doctor?”

“I think you should start with how you managed to only arrive two days ago.”

“I... do not know, I do not think. I do not remember. But I can.. surmise?” The little lieutenant waited for the indication to continue, then proceeded. “I was picked up by the Constellation 7. Lieutenant Commander McCray sent me to a very nice hospital and they helped me. They taught me how to deal with my problems and understand why I am the... the point, yes sir.” The adorable Andorian’s antennas came to attention.

“They picked me up because I was a whole person again and they let me sleep in the cooler and I thought we were going to have adventures now that I was better. But I think they dropped me off here instead, wherever- where is here? I came to in the cooler in the galley. Where are we please?” The sprite looked up with a sense of urgency, blushing sapphire because it was the first time she’d remembered to ask someone.

Zuub watched as Talla blushed. It was a rather unusual thing for an Andorian to do. She could almost feel the heat of her blush radiating off of Talla’s skin. Something was very, very off about this Andorian but thankfully for Talla, that only intrigued Zuub further rather than repulsed Zuub.

“We are currently on the USS Tim Allen heading for Star Base 42 for assignment. You appear to be listed as the Chief of Security,” Zuub responded neutrally as she pulled up the manifest for Star Base 42. “At least you will be when we arrive. I will be the Chief Medical Officer.”

The polar pixie looked cheerful, antenna jangling. “That is good then. A starbase- I have never protected a starbase before. This will be exciting I think!” Stepping back Talla hopped up onto the biobed, bringing the two of them a bit closer in height. Getting up on her knees, if Talla slouched a little bit they were eye to eye. Not much slouching, she noticed. “Do not worry. I am unusual but I am very very good at what I do. And I will protect you with my life.” The little woman offered the vow easily and almost casually.

Zuub’s antennae stood rigidly upright on her head and started to twitter in what could only be called amusement. “I appreciate that, Talla.” The words were not said patronizingly. It was clear from Talla’s history that she had the capacity to do it but Zuub, being Andorian did have a warrior’s background as well. However, she had not tested it in quite some time. Doctors were meant for healing, not fighting.

“And if you were not good at what you did, then you would be dead and we could not have this discussion. Now could we? It is a shame that you have no clan. You would make one proud with your fighting accomplishments.”

“Oh, I have been dead a few times, but I am still very good at what I do. Doctor Laria Jorel is not here to put me back together anymore, so now it will be your job. I am sorry in advance for all of the trouble I will cause you.” Talla looked contrite, then shrugged broadly. “I do not know how to get along with other Andorians. But maybe I will learn- maybe from you?” Talla’s eyes flickered from the yellow eyes of Zuub to her antennas and their activities.

It had been a long time since Talla P’Trell had actually spoken to an Andorian, particularly for this long, and the interplay fascinated her. Those yellow eyes were amazing... Talla’s were just blue like everything else about her, but these were so bright and clear in all their... yellowness. “I live in space, and have not seen the sun on the ice for many years. What... do you know the quadrant we are in maybe? I do not know where Starbase 42 is, I do not think.”

Overall the lilliputian lieutenant looked cheerful and eager. Unburdened by her past and looking optimistically toward the future with wide eyes and a smile. And a pair of antennas that were making all sorts of communicating of their own. While she was accustomed to expressing herself with her antennas, the subtle nuances of the interplay were hard for her, and it was like speaking a foreign language she was so stiff. But it was coming back to her in bits here and there and she was recognizing expressions and patterns in the other woman’s communications..

Then of course there was the fact that Zuub was simply fascinating. She was so calm and so confident and so very much unlike how Talla looked or sounded or acted. Slender and graceful and sinuous, Zuub seemed elegant to the short sprite, like a vidstar. And Doctor laughed with her antennae, but not at Talla. The tiny tactician’s eyes unfocused a bit and a smile settled onto her face and her antenna. To all the world she appeared to be daydreaming

Zuub looked at Talla with greater interest. She used her face to express herself more than her antennae, much like the pink skins. Clearly she had been away from Andor for a great deal of time and must have learned to adapt her other muscles. Zuub, however, never made such an adaption.

“It is the Alpha Quadrant. Starbase 42 is midway between Bajor and Cardassia.” Zuub silently wondered how much Talla did not know. It felt as if Talla’s memory had been selectively wiped time and time again. But who would do such a thing and why? Zuub shook her head reflexively. That was not likely the answer. More likely this was an after effect of the PTSD.

The brows and antennas both shot up. “That is very exciting! I was afraid we would be far at the edge of the frontier. But near the Gamma quadrant wormhole, between angry humiliated Cardassia and Bajor, whose star has risen. This is an exciting time in the galaxy, I think. And we will be there in the thick of it... oh oh oh, I am very excited now!” The little woman clapped her hands like a happy child then cocked her head to eye the slender physician.

No exam? This was going to be the best visit to sickbay ever. Unless there are lollipops, which would make it completely perfect. Doctor did not even ask about her coldsuit. Talla was extremely excited now, then her eyes rolled up and to the left as she wondered if the Cardassians were still mad at her about the Sunfire massacre. Maybe. She would find out eventually.

Zuub continued to watch Talla intently. She seemed to be a bundle of energy and the fact that she was most un-Andorian like attracted Zuub’s interest even more. Her antennae began to writhe as her thoughts strayed to play.

Realizing that Zuub was staring at her, Talla’s eyes darted about before she folded her hands in her lap, fingers wrestling with one another as she hunched her shoulders and looked out from beneath her brows. Be quiet Talla, you are doing it again. That thing where you talk too much and say too much then people think you are defective. Be smart, be quiet. Sitting her butt down on her feet folded beneath her, Talla shrank a bit, smiling nervously as her antenna began to slowly pull back.

Freeing herself from the moment, Zuub reached back to a drawer and grabbed a medical tricorder. “I am going to need you to remove your cold suit for the moment, Lieutenant. It will give me the most accurate readings.” Zuub’s antennae twittered a bit as the excitement of having Talla remove her cold suit hit her.

So much for no exam, Talla pouted slightly as she grasped the large zipper key at her collarbones and pulled it down, then began wrestling out of her gauntlets before fighting with her boots. The motions were well-practiced- years in Starfleet and the Academy had rendered her quite accustomed to the distinctive uniform she wore, and she shucked out of it with practiced ease.

Nudity was not taboo in her mind though she knew it was for the pink skins. But Talla was always being probed and scanned and poked, and Doctor Lieutenant Commander Zuub was a doctor after all. She would need to know what Talla’s problems were without her little crutch, and while it should have been embarrassing it was too commonplace for the little lieutenant to really register anymore. Once she had her boots removed, she writhed to free her arms and shoulders from the skintight neoralm multi-layered construct before balancing her weight first on one cheek then the other to get the suit free of her rounded and muscled rump before getting it down her stubby legs and off of her person entirely.

A light sheen of perspiration broke out across her skin as the ambient local temperature started heating her up, her genetic defect promptly making itself known. Beneath the azure skin sturdy little muscles swam beneath flesh that displayed quite a few rather prominent scars- a rarity in the day and age of dermal regenerators and microsurgeries, but apparently she had not always had access to the finest care. Laying the suit’s components neatly by her side, folding the coldsuit with military habit, the polar pixie blinked at the sophisticated surgeon.

Zuub’s antennae leaned in towards Talla as Zuub inspected Talla inch by inch. Slowly, unnecessarily so, she ran the tricorder over Talla’s body. She observed the perspiration on Talla and asked, “Are you uncomfortable, Talla? I could lower the temperature in this room, should you desire it or anything else.”

“Fine. It is fine. I am fine,” Talla offered in clear denial of her discomfort. In the 22.2 degree sickbay rivulets of sweat were already running down her exposed skin, though she still sat up rigidly trying to cooperate for the scans. Already the disposable biobed liner was staining darker with her collected perspiration- the little woman really was very cold-blooded, apparently. It would appear that the flirting had gone over her head... the socially awkward Andorian was either unaccustomed to such things being said to her in particular or she was too imperceptive to recognize subtlety.

Her antennas, however, were noticing more and more, and they twittered with considerably more excitement than the diminutive doll displayed otherwise.

Zuub’s antennae twittered lightly, clearly amused. She called out, “Computer, lower temperature to zero degrees celsius.”

The computer answered back, “Compensating and recalculating temperature of sick bay to zero Celsius.”

Zuub answered, “I believe that will make you more comfortable.” Zuub moved her head closely in towards one of Talla’s scars. “Tell me how you obtained that wound.”

Looking down at her thigh, to the great shiny scar that ran more than halfway around it, Talla’s dirty snow-colored brow furrowed briefly as she sought to remember precisely, then she nodded slightly. “That was when Dr. Wahng’s experiments had made him very fast and very large and very strong, and he was trying to kill the Sickbay crew so I was called to stop him. During the fight he, um, took hold of my leg and smashed me through a biobed a few times, and against the bulkhead and that is where my leg almost detached. But Doctor Laria Jorel got it reattached for me.” The incident was relayed without much trauma, it seemed, and at the end she was actually quite cheerful. Apparently she had been fond of that particular physician. The part where she had been forcibly driven through a solid object a few times and likely tried to bleed out from the injury was either something she had dealt with or she was accustomed to such experiences.

Zuub was stunned, intrigued and horrified by the story. She looked at Talla, her antennae expressing the concern that her face would not. “What doctor would ever harm sickbay crew? That makes very little sense. It makes less sense that anyone would harm you.”

She paused for a moment and said, “I could remove your scar, if you would like. Or, I could, as the pink skins say, ‘Kiss it and make it better,’” Zuub flirted.

While dense and socially inept, a kiss was harder to misinterpret, and the skin of the security sprite blushed a rather sapphire hue as she grasped the implications of what had been said. Or at least spent a considerable amount of time in internal debate on the subject. Polar blue eyes flickered across the doctor’s features while her antenna lashed about excited and nervous at the same time. Finally, bravery won out- after all, Talla was dumb, and if she misinterpreted what had been said then the cool and confident Doctor would probably laugh it off, and if not Talla would just blame herself as always.

“K-k-kiss it m-make it buh-buh-better?” Talla stammered in reply, her anxiety causing her runaway body temperature to spike a bit more even as the local temperature began dropping to fulfil the physician’s orders and a light wisp of steam rolled off her shoulders. She hoped she had made it sound like a choice and not a question, in amongst the seven other things she was worrying about right now.

Zuub’s tricorder and antennae picked up the heat spike. Concern filtered into her voice. “Do I need to make the room’s temperature lower? I do not wish to make you uncomfortable….” Her voice trailed off, not completely sure whether she had offended Talla. If Talla was a standard Andorian raised in a typical manner, there would be no stammering. Clearly she had spent too great of time with aliens.

“No? I am... it is fine?” Had she misinterpreted what was happening? Probably- that was what usually happened, particularly when it came to her own people. Talla was terrible at grasping social conventions and wished she knew what to say. Was Doctor being forward with her? Was Talla just misinterpreting it? She was a superior officer, and Talla did not want to commit a breach of military etiquette. But was she interested in Talla? Maybe? Maybe not? Was this how it was when regular Andorians played? Antennas twitching, the anxious Andorian defaulted to her usual setting- instead of saying something stupid, do not say anything at all and watch the other party with those big wide eyes for some clue.

The silence prompted her to try a bit braver gambit, which all came tumbling out as a rush of words. “I am... I am not uncomfortable. With you. I am just... I never know what to say and I usually say the wrong thing and you are very nice and very pretty and I do like you but I do not want to say the wrong thing and upset you or disrespect you because you are a superior officer and I should always respect that but it sounded maybe like you were asking me something and I was not sure if it meant that or another thing and-”

If Zuub did not shut her up she suspected this particular verbal torrent could go on for a while.

Zuub’s antennae tittered excitedly and amused. She bent her head to the scar and said, “Let me inspect this more closely.” Her antennae reached down from her head and started kissing Talla’s scar. “Just hush, Talla, unless you do not wish to play.”

First came the slight gasp, then an excited squeak that settled into a sort of trilling noise in the back of her throat as the steam rising off of the stunted security officer increased slightly. But while this was definitely a new experience, it felt very different and exciting and Talla most definitely remained hushed, biting her lower lip to stay quiet save for a few sharp gasps and the occasional squeak which apparently she could not help.

On Andoria growing up she had been the ‘weird one’ with no clan, and Duust had played with her, but very differently. Shithras and Ania had not played with her either as they did not like her, and once she had left Andoria the few Andorians she had encountered had never wanted anything to do with her. So while the little lieutenant was well-versed in over a dozen forms of combat from around the galaxy, this experience was quite new to her... and quite exciting.

Zuub could feel Talla calm and simultaneously excite. Zuub’s antennae kissed their way up her thigh to Talla’s waist and then back down. In the meantime, Zuub’s hands reached for Talla’s ample breasts and began to caress them gently. Though Zuub was anxious to see Talla’s reactions, she knew that they could wait. There was plenty of time for that. After all, Zuub was still clothed. It was not often that her playthings took the time to play back. She hoped that Talla was different.

Shuddering, squeaking and very excited, Talla was very much in unknown territory here. But whereas her anxiety usually fuddled things up by making her second-guess and question herself, it seemed that her body had its own ideas of just what was going on and what needed to be done. Her small fingers ran themselves through the taller woman’s long and silky white hair, forefingers pausing to oh so delicately brush against the stalks of Zuub’s antennae.

Zuub shuddered slightly as Talla brushed her antennae. Talla had been extremely careful and the sensation sent her antennae into a frenzy. They started to gyrate and lean in more towards Talla.

Those short yet thickly muscled legs wrapped around the slender waist of the physician, pulling her in close even as those flat blue eyes sought out those yellow orbs, so mysterious and comely to her eye. The antennas blinked and winked at their counterparts, leaning in tentatively to offer a kiss as her hands stroked the doctor’s slender arms, revelling in the contact and proximity of someone else, someone interested... someone like her.

There was still that hint of bashful shyness, of not knowing if she was doing it right, but it was far outweighed by the first initiative that Zuub had seen from the odd little misfit thus far.

Zuub raised her head to have her eyes meet Talla’s. Without saying a word, Zuub’s antennae pressed tightly against Talla’s in what Pink Skins could only describe as a passionate, deep kiss.

There was no protest as Zuub was entangled within Talla’s legs. Her voice, even quieter than normal, a wisp of a whisper asked, “Would you like it if I got out of my uniform?”

It took a moment for Talla to respond, as her antenna tips seemed a bit unwilling to disengage from Zuub’s sufficiently long enough for her to summon sufficient presence of mind to respond. Denied any real form of affection literally for years, actually feeling and being with another of her species who was interested in her physically was producing a profound effect on the miniature officer. Grasping at the back of the uniform jumpsuit Zuub wore, small hands gathering handfuls of the material, Talla pressed herself against the relatively cool-skinned woman and opened her eyes, seeking out the eyes of her new playmate. “Y-yes... please?”

Technically they were both still on duty. Technically this was inappropriate behavior in sickbay. The rulebook in Talla’s head was perfectly content listing off all of the reasons that this was not something that she should be doing right now, but her biology was currently voting with considerably more leverage. For one of the few times in her life, Talla P’Trell was trusting her instincts and doing what felt right instead of what she was told was correct. That was when the handfuls of uniform gave way to her surprisingly strong hands, and she split the uniform across Zuub’s back in her hunger for more contact, the quest to feel their flesh pressed together with no obstacles.

Zuub allowed her uniform to be removed and once accomplished, pressed tightly against Talla. Zuub did not miss the fact that Talla’s breasts were much larger than her own. She was grateful that Talla was on a biobed so that they were much nearer to equal heights while Zuub pressed in against her. Even so, Zuub’s chest pressed more closely against Talla’s neck.

She relished the feel of Talla’s hands against her. The Pink Skins liked to do everything softly and gently but Andorians were a warrior race. Initially, Zuub was somewhat uncertain on the pressure she could assert against Talla but Talla’s hands made it clear that Talla was rather sturdy and likely unbreakable. Zuub reached around Talla and squeezed her into her. Her head bent slightly backwards but her antennae managed to maintain their contact with Talla’s.

Talla could feel Zuub’s emotions rising, as Zuub’s body heat started to match her emotions. A thought unbidden came to Talla, likely from Zuub’s mind, telling Talla, ~Enjoy all that I have to offer, Little One.~

There was a mental squeak that came in reply to that as Talla, caught up in the moment, did not even realize that the words had not been spoken aloud but instead heard clearly in her mind. All that she took from it was approval, and that spurred her on, eager hands tugging the ruined uniform down further even as her antennas disengaged from their playmates and began working their way first down the stalks of Zuub’s antennas, then briefly focusing on her left ear before planting excited and hungry little kisses all across Zuub’s neck and collarbones. Talla’s lips and tongue were similarly engaged, as something she had learned from the pink skins which still seemed right to her, so she was running with it.

Those small hands, so eager, had moved from caressing the cool skin of the tall and slender Andorian’s back to running her fingers lightly over the taut blue tummy of the skilled surgeon, moving to her waist, revelling in the sensation as she pulled Zuub closer with her legs, pressing their abdomen together. Talla’s deep blue skin was slick and quite hot to the touch- it was clear that anxiety was not the only thing that caused her body temperature to spiral upward. But she was voicing not a single complaint, stammer or stutter as she pressed herself against the amazonian Andorian with considerable urgency.

If Zuub didn’t know better she’d think the little woman was practically starved for comfort and intimacy.

Zuub was impressed that Talla had learned from the Pink Skins. If more Andorians knew how to use their tongues, perhaps there would be more relationships between Andorians and Pink Skins.

Talla may have craved comfort and intimacy but Zuub craved Talla more than anything now. She was like no other creature she had met and that uniqueness attracted Zuub in ways that were indescribable. Zuub could feel the heat coming from both of them. Warm drops of moisture started to accumulate between her legs.

Pressing herself tightly against Talla, Zuub let Talla feel her desire, her hunger and her needs. Zuub then pressed downward on Talla, pressing her tightly against the biobed. Zuub’s antennae started to kiss down Talla’s neck and to her breasts as Zuub arched her back to press her muff against Talla’s.

There were a few delighted squeaks and moans from the little Andorian on the bottom, who was acting and reacting on pure instinct for a change. Talla was literally feeling the urgency and passion from the more sophisticated woman who had initiated their coupling. However at this point she was not realizing that it was empathic, instead reacting as if the emotions and sensations were her own and redoubling her efforts, wanting, needing, craving. As Zuub brushed her lips and antenna tips across Talla’s ridiculous yet surprisingly firm bosom, the muscular little tough ran her fingers like claws through the back of Zuub’s hair and pressed the physician's head more roughly to her skin, intuitively steering clear of the antennas when getting rougher. A little growl escaped the back of her throat, which would have sounded vaguely comical to most, like the growl of a chihuahua at an amorous greyhound.

With her thighs wrapped around Zuub’s waist Talla hooked her ankles together to lever them against the slender yet tautly smooth roundness of Zuub’s rump, pressing their sex together as it felt different but far better than anything she had felt in a very long time. For the first time in memory, she wished she were bigger so that so much of the taller woman was not so distant, as she craved the sensation of their flesh pressing together, more, more, faster and harder…

It had been at least a decade since Zuub had been with another Andorian. So few were interesting enough to play with. Most were dull, blue warriors that wanted nothing more than to take the land of their neighboring clan. If they were not doing that, they were comparing whose Andorian ale was better. Really, there was no comparison. Zuub’s family’s brew was the best, or at least that was what Zuub would tell anyone willing to listen.

Zuub pressed harder against Talla, grinding into her until in a surprising move Talla expertly levered herself up on one knee to gain purchase, shifting both their weights. With surprising ease the tiny tactical terror maneuvered the taller woman onto the biobed, as if performing a martial throw in slow motion to lay Zuub onto her back before positioning herself above the long and lean form of the physician.

There was a moment where Talla paused, small fingers brushing an errant lock of snow-white hair away from Zuub’s face, the simple soul smiling with closed lips even as her antenna drank in the sight. It was an unexpected tenderness in the midst of their sudden and savage urgency, which bespoke of the odd Andorian’s true nature more than anything else. Then Talla moved in close, antenna excitedly roaming about feeling Zuub’s electrochemical EM field without touching her and Zuub realized that while Talla had moved into the role of the aggressor, still she was seeking permission to proceed.

Zuub was surprised by Talla’s maneuver, which only excited Zuub further. She looked at the smiling Andorian. It was an odd thing to see on a blue face - a smile. The antennae normally demonstrated the full range of emotions for Andorians.

However, what surprised Zuub more was the fact that Talla took charge. Normally, Zuub was the Andorian that took charge. It was in her nature. She looked at Talla wonderingly and decided that for tonight, she would allow herself to be taken.

Zuub’s antennae connected with Talla’s again as Zuub asked telepathically, ~What are you waiting for? It is not polite to keep a girl waiting.~

The antenna shot upright in surprise, as telepathic communication was something intimate and uncommon, thus it was entirely new to Talla. But the nearness of their skin, the tantalizing coolness that she felt when pressed against the slender and statuesque Andorian anatomist overwhelmed any questions that the polar pixie might have formed to investigate the phenomenon. She did not know how that worked, and she did not need to know right now.

Whereas someone in her mind would ordinarily be a cause for panic, in this moment it was irrelevant to Talla P’Trell. What she needed was to be lost in sensation, and as she leaned in, her lips and antennae went to work, starting with Zuub’s neck, working her way down to the collarbones and slowly inching south.

Pressing her flesh against Zuub was easier now, as there was so much of it laid out before her like a buffet and Talla was happy to indulge. As she moved she dragged her own flesh against that of the lanky lieutenant commander, small hands roaming independently, touching, squeezing, exploring and probing. Talla was fascinated with the Andorian woman’s body, and she seemed determined to drink it all in, feeling, licking, nibbling, tweaking and coaxing the long and lean lover toward greater heights of excitement, which in turn stoked the fires of her own enthusiasm.

Zuub gave soft squeaks of pleasure. Nobody had ever spent time on her. Usually Zuub took what she wanted and her toy would relent to whatever she desired. Zuub never heard complaints from her toys. In fact, they always left pleased, but normally exhausted.

However, Zuub had sensed what Talla wanted to do - enjoy her at every opportunity. And Zuub had to say that the sensation was extremely enjoyable despite her not taking charge. She silently wondered if this was a side result of the Curse’s gene that was likely passed onto her. Universe forbid that she were to become as harmless as livestock.

She pushed the thought out of her head as she wrapped her arms around Talla and tried to push her antennae to kiss any part of Talla that she could reach, though the diminutive doll had reached Zuub’s privates, where she was currently engaging lips. tongue, antennas and fingers in a rather remarkably enthusiastic coordination of efforts. Inexperienced she was and unsophisticated certainly, but what she lacked she more than made up for in enthusiasm... and longevity, apparently.

For Zuub, one climax blurred into the second then the third, and the eager little woman exploring her sexuality seemed perfectly content to be on the giving end, humming a little while she worked- a cheerful, happy sound.

However, Talla was not far behind Zuub. Talla’s excitement was feeding into Zuub’s own, and even as Zuub’s body began to quake she shared it with Talla. Soft squeals of pleasure escaped Zuub’s lips as she reached heights previously unknown.Then Zuub’s antennae started to relax as she brought Talla into her.

Zuub whispered a sigh as she exhaled and told Talla, “Quite enjoyable. I have not experienced anything like that. I believe that we shall have to meet like this more often.”

Peering up from Zuub’s mound, first came the antennae- looking around, blinking at one another as they wobbled upward. Then came the somewhat tousled mop of hair the color of dirty snow, then those large polar blue eyes hove into view, blinking rapidly. Wordlessly the enthusiastic explorer climbed up to place her shoulder in the crook of the taller woman’s arm, resting her head on Zuub’s chest above her breast. One arm folded beneath her, she draped the other protectively over the physician’s modest breasts with their cobalt nipples. Bringing up her right leg she curled it about the chief medical officer's hip, hooking her ankle around Zuub’s long and slender thigh.

A long intake of breath was followed by a long, satisfied sigh that turned into something of a rattling purr, then a bit of a shudder and a small yip as a few of the recent memories replayed themselves in the ice imp’s mind. Her antennae delicately kissed and nibbled at Zuub’s collarbones and neck as the little looney tune curled up to cuddle. The ship’s surgeon was glad that she had lowered the temperature, since even at rest Talla’s skin was hot to the touch, almost feverish.

For all the world, the pint-sized pugilist radiated contentment.

Zuub gave Talla an inquisitive look. Talla was cuddling with her. That was certainly unusual. Most playmates were quite finished when they received their release. Keeping her arms around Talla, Zuub asked, “How long can you be outside of your coldsuit without discomfort? I have no desire to exacerbate your condition.”

“For a little while... it is cooler in here than usual, and I will not overheat too quickly,” Talla replied softly, murmuring her words before making a decidedly pleased sound and shuddering slightly. “Do, um, do I need to go now...?

“Go?” Zuub asked, her antennae signalling her confusion. “Why would you need to go? I have no other patients that I am scheduled to see. My research also can wait. For now, I only have desire to enjoy you.”

That got the physician a happy little sound from the smaller woman cuddling against her contentedly, then a sniffle. It had been a long time since anyone had wanted Talla anywhere. And while the sophisticated slender surgeon was intimidating to her, Zuub was gentle and kind and sensitive, which were all things that Talla needed. Along with patience... lots of patience. For now, though, for this moment in time, Talla P’Trell was just happy- a precious moment in her existence to be savored.

Which meant that she could not just leave well enough alone.

Lying atop Zuub, her arms across the slender Andorian’s modest bosom, Talla rested her head on the back of her hand and blinked owlishly at the first Andorian she had met in a very long time who had wanted anything at all to do with her. As she considered what the captain had said and considered her own experience, she weighed the question, then asked in her usual halting manner.

“You do not... I am not... you would not keep me for a, um, a pet, would you? Like a, er, rodent?” As she spoke the words, paraphrasing the threat that the captain had made to her, Talla P’Trell’s stomach yawned with a pit of fear, and she was being silly she very much did think. Doctor Lieutenant Commander Zuub saw her as a person she was sure, and the Captain was just trying to scare her, that was all. Talla had been determined to put it out of her mind, but as the sweat cooled she found herself wondering, and wanting reassurance.

While she had learned some self-worth, she knew she would still seek validation from others, which was fine so long as it was not her sole source of personal pride. And this was less seeking validation than dispelling fears.

“A rodent? A pet? Like a veeg’nii?” Zuub playfully gathered Talla’s hair together and tried to press it into a mohawk. However, it did not stay. “It does not seem that you have the qualities to be a suitable pet. Your hair is all wrong and you are not on all fours. However, I have found that some of the Pink Skins enjoy it when I have been on my hands and knees. Perhaps you would like to try that with me some time?” Zuub asked hopefully.

“I will try whatever you wish to try, Doctor Lieutenant Commander Zuub,” Talla replied with simple wide-eyed honesty. Unlike when she had played with Irky years ago, with Zuub her body seemed to know what to do and how to react, and It was both exciting and interesting to the alienated Andorian. Looking away a bit bashfully, Talla traced a delicate line on the puissant physician’s skin.

“It was... it was something Captain Santra Arron said that, it made me, um, worry was all. So that was why I asked you, because, um, I luh-la-like you and I did not think you would make me... I mean, see me like... that.” The nonsensical neurotic was stumbling through her explanation, but at least she was using her words. Her skin was quite flush with sapphire hue now, and she was beginning to perspire where their bodies touched.

“Captain Santra?” Zuub asked with a concerned twitch of her antennae. “What did he say?” Before Talla could answer, Zuub responded, “Do not tell me. I have a feeling that this is one of those frequent problems with communicating with the Pink Skins. They often think they are being humorous when they are in fact not. I have spent many years trying to crack their code of what they call jokes, puns and sarcasm without much success. My advice is to not take anything they say regarding either of us seriously. They are likely jealous. They do not have the advantage of two puberties and have to cope with strange concepts like ‘love.’”

Zuub paused before continuing. “This has been very enjoyable, Talla, and I am pleased to hear that you enjoy trying new things. I think we shall have an enjoyable time as playmates.”

The antenna’s focus wandered a bit as Talla considered all that had transpired and she looked around, her thoughts coalescing. When she spoke there was a simple honesty to them- the sapphire skinned sprite was honest if not always direct. “I have tried to understand love, and it has always confused me. Is that why? We do not love, we just... play?”

“Our biology does not seem meant for it, if it truly exists. Once we find our bondmate, the telepathic link is complete with our mate and our first litter is conceived. Pink skins do not have such a link. If I did not study their biology, I would wonder how they ever managed to walk a straight line, let alone reproduce.”

The drab-haired woman laid her head thoughtfully on Zuub’s hip. “That makes... that explains a lot, I think. I saw the pink-skins do it and it seemed so nice, and they would say it to me and it did not... that is why, because we do not do that.” The little lieutenant locked eyes with the long and lean lieutenant commander, and she waggled her eyebrows as well as her eyebrows, a little close-lipped smile stealing onto her lips. “I wish someone had explained that to me a long time ago. That would have helped a lot, I think.”

“You are... you understand... no.” Brows furrowing and antennas projecting forward, Talla focused her thoughts. “You are a regular Andorian? You grew up like normal people, I think? And you understand our... culture. Yes. But you explain it to me.” At that, the half-grown grappler hugged the physician's thigh, radiating pure joy.

“I was raised as a typical Andorian, yes. I only came to Starfleet so I could....” Zuub refused to finish the rest of the sentence and turned away. Misunderstanding, as was her nature, Talla assumed that the cause of the younger woman’s distress was borne of something she had said. Thus knowing in her heart that words were most certainly not her strong point, she instead spent her time planting small kisses with her lips and antenne across the midsection of the tall and slender surgeon’s nude form, simplistically hoping to offer some form of comfort. She did not proceed with initiating more intimate contact yet, but instead watched Zuub for a sign of change, a desire to speak or a call to stop her activities.

After several moments, Zuub turned back and apologized. “We should be discussing happier matters. I do not understand why your education was so lacking. But, apparently the State did not care much about those who grew up without a clan. That is extremely sad. I wish that I could have changed that for you, Talla.”

Much to her own surprise Talla felt comfortable with the azure-skinned beauty, which was a rarity in and of itself. On her own home planet she had been alienated from her own kind, and had taken to the stars to be an alien amongst aliens. So to find someone she could be comfortable with, to relax and let her guard down was revelatory for Talla P’Trell. She did not stutter or stammer, even if she still struggled to find words to express herself.

“You have changed it now. So that is good, I think?” There was a slight pause as Talla moved in once more on Zuub’s pubic mound, apparently ready for the second round in which she preferred to be the deliverer of pleasure rather than the receiver. As the sound of the squeaky voice drifted up from Zuub’s crotch, the wee wonder asked, “Why did you come to Starfleet?”

Flat and blunt and straight to the point some might see it, but Talla only asked what she honestly wanted to know in her own straightforward manner while offering a distraction, intuitively rather than consciously strategizing her actions.

Zuub knew that Talla’s question had no malice. However, to explain to Talla the embarrassment of her mother’s malady or the fact that it is potentially hereditary, was not something Zuub wished to share. Her clan was at stake and to this date, she still had no cure for Hlasha’s Curse.

Zuub’s antennae wilted, thinking about home and her family’s risks. In a voice more softly spoken than normal, Zuub decided to answer Talla’s question in the most vague way that she could consider, “It was a personal choice. One that I hope that will eventually make my clan proud.”

There was no response from down below, as either Talla accepted Zuub’s reticence, or the subtlety was lost on her. Instead she focused on the task at hand, as as with any task she was given or appointed herself, she worked hard to insure the job was done right, and thoroughly.

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:25 pm

(Part 2 - apparently there's a 600000 character limit that we exceeded)

Zuub had been so lost in her story that she did not realize that her body was starting to physically respond to Talla’s administrations. Zuub wondered how much, if anything that Talla heard. She hoped that there was not much. She had no desire to explain that her own mother could no longer conceive or the embarrassment that represented in Andorian culture. After all, Zuub joined Starfleet to study the Curse and to find a cure. So far, all attempts had been fruitless.

Zuub’s antennae started to sway lustfully, her skin starting to glow from the pleasure that Talla was giving her. Zuub’s hands reached Talla’s mop of hair the color of dirty snow and ran through it. “Oh, Talla. Where did you learn this?” Her breath quickened and soft delighted groans escaped her mouth.

There was no response,- at least, not a verbal one as Talla P’Trell was otherwise engaged. Instead she simply redoubled her efforts- lips, tongue, antennas and some surprisingly speedy and dexterous digits were all at work to change the mood, as it were. Simple she was but not without empathy, and she could tell that the story she’d not been told was a sad one. In bringing it up she had saddened the bright-eyed doctor, but she certainly seemed to enjoy this. And in truth Talla was rather excited by it as well, given that seldom were her instincts correct when it came to matters Andorian in nature.

This, however, came naturally to her. Somehow driving the statuesque surgeon on to orgasm was like a fight, and Talla was quite certain she was going to win this round.

Zuub’s sex bucked pushed into Talla as she felt pleasure coursing through her veins. Zuub’s hands grabbed onto Talla’s hair, both simultaneously pushing her into Zuub’s muff and pulling her away. It was if Zuub’s hands could not determine how Zuub needed the pleasure.

Groans were replaced by squeaks and then squeals as Zuub’s body began to convulse, waves of pleasure washing over and through her. Hips and thighs began to buck like a bronco trying to throw its rider as Zuub’s legs curled in and squeezed Talla, who in turn gripped those wildly gyrating thighs and held onto her grapple- she was riding this wild filly through to the end.

Nearly a minute passed before Zuub exhaled, “Ancient Gods….”

First the antenna sprung up, as always. They preceded Talla like twin submarine periscopes. The came the mop of hair that was quite dishevelled and wild-looking, given its treatment of late. Then those big polar blue eyes rose up from before Zuub’s sex, before that odd wide smile she affected on her face when she was happy manifested itself. Apart from licking her lips which Talla P’trell somehow managed to make look something other than salacious.

“Best three out of five?” the undersized Andorian half-joked as she rolled the gasping generalist over onto her side, then wrapped her own small frame about her as the ‘big spoon, sighing contentedly as one small hand began idly caressing Zuub’s petite left breast. “Uzaveh the Infinite has blessed you, truly.”

Zuub responded, “You’re generous. That is not a common quality amongst our people.” Zuub’s antennae swirled about. “I am most curious what they taught you up in the polar regions and how you survived. There is much about you that keeps me curious.”

Her antennae leaned in and before Talla knew it, she was on her back with Zuub on top. “Your turn,” Zuub told Talla simply. She tried to grin but the muscles failed her, resulting in a near grimace-like look.

“Oh... uhm... a-all right...” The little lieutenant was surprised by the maneuver, and more surprised because this was all new to her, so was this how relations went amongst her species? She’d been operating on instinct thus far, so now she just had to lay back and let someone else pleasure her.

Which of course made her radically uncomfortable, because she was thoroughly unaccustomed to most kindness or consideration, which this was far beyond. So she tried to calm herself by talking.

“On the ooh! Um, the icecap, I was to be a-Ah! A guide, to bring tuh-tuh-tourists out on the gluh-glacier and... oooh!” Talla squeaked, trying to focus on what she was saying so that she would not be uncomfortable and she could just enjoy the sensations, but it was hard. “It was agreed that... ooh! That I would learn that trade since I was... I was... tooo... uhhhh that feels very good... I was too, uhm, stupid for most things and I-ai ai!”

Talking to distract herself was a terrible plan, as Talla P’Trell suddenly found herself incapable of stringing together anything more than squeals or gasps or slight yips as the doctor focused on her pleasure centers. The woman’s command of anatomy was exceptional, and Talla felt as though something were building inside of her, as if she were riding a cresting wave.

Talla could hear something in her head akin to laughter and pleasure. Zuub’s antennae were pressing alternately on her clit as Zuub used her mouth and fingers to open and lick inside Talla’s sex. Zuub lapped up the rather abundant juices as they flowed from Talla.

Talla could then hear in her mind, ~The advantage of being a doctor is knowing exactly what buttons to press….~ Zuub pressed something inside of Talla and almost excruciating pleasure ran through Talla. Climax was inevitable.

Shuddering , Talla’s small hands flailed about, seeking something solid to grasp, to ground herself. Finding the edge of the biobed the little lieutenant gripped it tightly as she made a series of high-pitched yipping noises before culminating a rather protracted squeak as she climaxed. The wee woman gasped, her breathing coming in short gasps and shallow inhalations that slowly wound down as she finished riding out her first orgasm, synapses firing and her antennas wobbling in a daze.

Zuub rose from Talla. “Very enjoyable,” she replied in her soft, wispy voice. “I hope that I will not bore of you soon,” she said honestly. “So, Talla, do you have a preferred ale?”

For a moment there was no reply, save the gasping locomotion of Talla’s breath interspersed with the occasional squeak or moan as she shuddered and twitched a bit before settling back into conscious thought with a sigh. So THAT’s what sex is all about, she mused as she cuddled herself. No wonder so many beings were motivated by the lure of sex if it was like this “I would like whatever you have,” she replied, a neutral answer that seldom started fights over liquor. That much she knew at least.

“You have no preference for an ale? Did you not brew your own at the orphanage?” Zuub asked, her antennae whirling in an agitated manner.

“N-no... we drank water because it was what we had,” Talla frowned and shrank back a bit, then pressed forward once more. “No one ever shared recipes, and most of us had never been taught how to brew. We did not have our clan’s recipes because we had no clans. Foundlings... that was what they called us. Because they found us out on the ice with no one else about.”

The post coital buzz was wearing off, and Talla swung her legs over the side of the biobed facing away from Zuub, peering over her shoulder at the long and lean physician while swinging her legs unevenly like a child

“Going somewhere. The captain wants to take us into the storm down there. He says it is not supposed to be the way that it is. It looks like a sun forming to me. It is very dangerous, I think. And I very much do not believe in these specialized shields and sensors I have not had the chance to inspect. This ship is very very very old for a starship. This will be exciting I think!”

“It is an older ship but it will suffice to get us to Starbase 42. Why is it that you always end a sentence with ‘I think’ or ‘I don’t think’? That is extremely unusual.” Zuub moved to her office and went to her desk, pulled out a bottle of something blue and carried it along with two glasses to Talla.

“Doctor Mulgrew said it is my way of convincing myself of the validity of the statement,” Talla replied easily, parroting the diagnosis she’d been given some time ago as she took her glass and held it out to be filled. “I tried not to do it but it made me unhappy. So I just say it when it feels right for me. It is unusual, but it is not wrong. When I stutter it is because I am nervous or unsure or upset, and that is a bad thing. And it is a clear ‘tell’ in conversation. But that is harder for me because it happens without me thinking of it. But I know what I think and what I do not think.” Talla paused then, peering over her empty glass at the physician. “Why did you change the subject?”

“Change the subject?” Zuub asked curiously as she lightly fondled one of the glasses she held before pouring some of the blue liquid in it and handing it over to Talla. She then did the same for herself. “This is from my clan’s lands. Tell me what you think.”

The sprite sniffed the ale first- not inhaling like a connoisseur, but simply sniffing it like a dog. Then she brought it up to her lips to sip it delicately, large blue eyes watching Zuub over the rim of the glass. Talla knew this game, and fortunately she would not have to lie.

“It is very good. Yes, you did it again. You are steering the conversation to keep it on topics with which you are more comfortable. That makes sense I think.” The amount of ale consumed was imperceptible- apparently Talla had only sipped it, not even taken a proper drink.

Zuub’s antennae indicated the human equivalent of a shrug. “You have hardly had any of it, Talla. The ale is meant for enjoyment, not a mere sip.” She continued to avoid talking about any other subject other than the ale for the moment.

The security officer had explained this many times throughout her career, and she suspected this was going to be one of those that was more difficult than others. “I do not drink alcoholic beverages. I limit myself very much when it comes to stimulants like coffee, but I do not drink. It impairs judgment and I have seen too many lose control and do very regrettable things when they are inebriated. So I do not drink, because I much be ready for trouble.”

“You are Andorian. Certainly a bit of our ale would not affect you. If you would like, I could make a computation on how many of these drinks would make you inebriated,” Zuub answered in a matter of fact tone.

“It is a personal choice,” Talla defended, knowing in her heart this was an argument that she was neither going to win nor would it get dropped. Some Andorians were more sentimental about their ale than they were their families. “I have very little tolerance if any, I do not have much body mass to soak it up and again, I must remain alert and ready.”

Realizing that tactic would be unsuccessful, Talla tried what passed for diplomacy. “ It tastes very good- it is not that I do not want it, it is that I should not have it. Does that make more sense?”

Zuub’s antennae started to lash about in a thoroughly confused manner. “No. I could calculate what you could handle rather easily. Do you have a medical disorder or,” her antennae expressed horror, “are you allergic to our ingredients? Perhaps I should have considered these things given your unique history.”

She paused before continuing. “If I have not said this once or a dozen times, I will say it again now. You are a most unique and interesting Andorian, Talla.”

“I know. I will never be sane. I will always be weird inside, I will always be lame. When I was becoming an adult that was made very plain to me. I am sorry. I do not mean to be an embarrassment to Andoria,” the pint-sized pugilist studied the deck, head lowered and antennas wilted forward. Clearly her fragile self-esteem had recognized an old argument and reacted in a habitual pattern of self-effacement.

“Just because you are different does not mean that you are insane. I have not sensed any mental illness about you. Though, I must say, that would be some interesting play,” Zuub said with a far-away voice.

She then noticed Talla’s antennae wilting. “I do not find you to be an embarrassment. I think you are rather unique and skilled.”

The polar pixie looked up hesitantly, antennas seeking out contact before her wide polar eyes came up, glancing nervously rather than making proper eye contact. “You... do not mind that I am different? I never mean to offend, I just... do not know the right way often. Especially with other Andorians. It is.. part of the reason I joined Starfleet. I, um, never developed the social skills to blend with my peers.”

Pausing, the little lieutenant cocked her head to starboard as the mental wheels ground slowly but effectively. “You like me because I am different though. I am not trying to impress you, I just like you for you and that is different than what you are used to I think?”

Zuub drank another draft of her ale. “I do not understand what you mean, Talla. The Vulcans have a saying, ‘Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.’ It keeps life interesting. However, if you were to listen to our people, it is more of what the Pink Skins call Darwinism - only the fittest survive. Clearly, you are fit.”

The little woman brightened up, antennas perking up with a bounce and a smile gracing her face, alien to the Andorian observer but somehow she was getting used to it on the unusual specimen of her world. “Yes! I am fit.I am very. very fit. I am strong and healthy and very dangerous I think. And I am not good at surviving but I am still here, so I guess I am not so very bad at it. Though you are...” the polar pixie paused, grey brows furrowing in concentration as she sought the word. “Deflecting. You are evasive in conversation. You do not like to let people in emotionally, I do not think?”

“If you were not good at surviving, then you would not be here. As to emotions, I do not have the luxury of Pink Skins to indulge in such nonsense.”

“Of course. Uzevah the Infinite forbid you should care about anyone or the rest of Andoria will think you weak and not respect you,” the little lieutenant rolled her eyes, her antennae mimicking the motion. Talla knew better than to taunt the woman, but the stoicism of the typical Andorian was frustrating to her and if that was Zuub’s answer, Talla would not try to sway her opinion. After all, centuries of tradition were not about to be swept under the rug in one conversation.

The doctor was satisfied to not force her ale on the non-drinker, she was sexually interested, and while she might remain emotionally unavailable, Talla could still be fond of the frisky physician without expecting any reciprocation. Therapy had taught Talla that her emotions were not bad things and that pushing them aside only made things worse. But what worked for her would not apply to everyone, so she let it be for now.

Sliding off the examination table, Talla picked up her uniform bodysuit and began wrestling into it with practiced ease. “I should go before you think me too needy,” she said before realizing that was not her best possible statement, because the truth often needed to be rephrased in her experience. Her skin flushed a darker hue of sapphire but she focused on getting her uniform on, avoiding eye contact.

Zuub’s antennae flitted about amused. “You hide yourself from me needlessly. Though, it is likely time to get dressed. Other crew may wonder at this area being locked off for so long and I do not believe that they would appreciate the temperature of this room….” Her voice trailed off, leaving many things unsaid but Zuub knew or at least hoped that Talla understood.

For her part Talla had no idea that there was any subtext to the slender Andorian’s words- Zuub seemed to the insecure security chief to be painfully blunt. “I am not hiding myself from you, I am dressing so that I am not out of uniform when I move amongst the crew. I am n-not ashamed of my body,” Talla said, though her stutter indicated otherwise. As a short and stout little figure, it was another outward manifestation of the difference between her and most Andorians who were long and lean of limb, lithe and graceful rather than muscular midgets.

“Good,” Zuub said bluntly. “You have nothing to be ashamed of. I found it rather enjoyable. Zuub’s antennae started to writhe again, indicating her sexual interest. “Perhaps when there is more time, we will get to explore it again. I do not think you will bore me for awhile.”

And there it was. <i>Do not get attached Talla... this is just fun for her and emotions are nothing in which she has any interest. This was just like working out or fighting to her- a good time but that is all. You are alone here, and you have to get used to that. People do not need other people like you do, and you cannot expect them to feel the way that you do. Just stay quiet and do not say anything stupid. And you are not going to cry. You are definitely absolutely most positively not going to cry. You can do that later.</i> Pulling on her boots, the little security chief said nothing, the better to bottle up her own internal processes and not embarrass herself in front of the sophisticated physician.

Zuub looked at Talla as she quietly gathered herself. Given her experience thus far with Talla, Zuub had to wonder why she was not being as talkative as normal. Indeed, empathically, she sensed some upset in Talla. She gently touched Talla’s shoulder. “What is bothering you?”

“Nothing!” the little woman replied all too quickly, her tone belying her words if her quailing antenna did not. While she was a poor liar verbally, Zuub could read her antennas motions clearer than anything she might say. Talla had spent more than half her life off Andor, and even when she had lived there it had been in relative isolation. The socially awkward security officer was ill-equipped for deception, and worse with other Andorians. “F-fine. I am fine. It is fine. Nothing is wrong. I will not b-bore you.”

“You do not lie well, Talla. It also is not becoming on you,” Zuub answered simply.

Shoving her small blue hand into one of her gauntlets, the grey brows knitted together. “I do not... you re... it is...” a number of explanations logjammed in her brain as Talla tried to express herself while still editing herself to sound like a proper Andorian would, which had always flustered her. She very much did not want to alienate the doctor of the station where she would be serving- after all, they would most likely need to work together. And for Talla intimacy was an emotional bond far more than a physical one.

But it was clear that was not the way with Zuub, and she was trying to reconcile an outer expression that would still be acceptable while internally she berated herself for her stupidity and weakness. Finally she managed to hit upon a statement that she felt would summarize the situation.

“I am... different. I will try to be... more like what I am expected to be. With you. I will try. It is... I just...” Tears welled up in the large polar blue eyes, and Tallas hung her head, antennas wilting forward. Then in a very small voice, the squeaky-sounding sprite murmured, “I am all alone again, and I thought I might have found a friend, that is all. I know, i know, it is just play and it is not supposed to be anything more, I understand. I am sorry. I do not know anyone here and I... I lost everyone again, like I always do, and I thought...” she paused to sniffle, then shook her head. “I am stupid, I know. I am sorry.”

“I do not want you to be anyone but who you are,” Zuub replied, engulfing Talla in an embrace. “Then you would most certainly lose my interest. You are not alone, and I am your friend. How could you think otherwise? I do not believe you are stupid. I believe that you were given a rather shoddy education. But that is not your fault.”

“Oh... um...” the short stack began to reply, but then just relaxed and enjoyed the sensation. Once again she had misread the situation, but this was a better outcome than she had expected. Like a lost child she held to the taller woman for a moment, sniffling and composing herself before reluctantly releasing Zuub, mopping at her eyes to wipe away the signs of her weakness. “Th-thank you. I... I need a friend, I think. I need.. someone. A reason, you know? I can... I can face almost anything, but... I need someone to protect, and someone to... to come home to. I know it is not that Andorian way, but...”

The little lieutenant craned her neck to look up at the much taller and regal physician to make eye contact, her expression one of simple honesty. “It is my way. It is who I am and what I am here for, and I am... I am glad that is alright with you.”

Zuub tried once again to give Talla a real smile and once again, it was more horrifying, or at least it would appear so to a human, than it was warming. Her antennae leaned in forward and politely. “Now, we both have responsibilities. We will see each other again.”

“Y-yes... yes, we will,” P’Trell replied, appreciating the smile. To Talla’s eyes it looked beautiful on Zuub’s face, even if she could not see it for herself.

Return to “Current Mission Logs”