Episode 3: The Once And Future Con

Moderator:ASOG 7 Host

KendleRJ
Re: Episode 3: The Once And Future Con

Postby KendleRJ » Fri May 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Boomer let her fingers play with the rim of the glass as she contemplated the group she had joined. Against her will, yes, but sometimes even arranged marriages worked out. But that had only two people... not this merry band of misfits that had enough criminal activity combined to take over the Galaxy, one sad system at a time. But avoiding the Hutts... that was just smart thinking... and the ship in question might lend more firepower to an already feared contingent. But the Hutts would do nothing for the Rebellion... just for their own self interests. Kind of like each of these people she had fallen in with.

Hm... fallen was not the right word... more like pushed.

Their arguments were less about the betterment of anything other than themselves and their own cred sticks, but what else was expected from a bunch of mercenaries, used to working on their own, and relying on themselves. It was a bit of a rough start... but they had gotten away at least, and regardless of how many fake names and idents had been left in their wake, each of them had their own bounties placed precariously upon their heads and no amount of disguise would hide it from the determined few. Like the ones who had hoped this ship would turn the tide against the radical upstarts... or even manage to shut it down before it gained momentum.

But they? This bunch... they had thwarted it. So, they, this bunch, would be painted with the same brush as the Rebels, and no amount of self-interest would shake it. Which meant nothing in the grand scheme of life, nor in the overall impact of their underhanded ways, even for their own gain. It mattered little if she voiced her opinion. It mattered even less if she agreed with any of them.

So instead, she smiled a veiled smile, and nodded along as though not plotting the untimely demise of each individual, with an escape route and three different aliases to adopt as she disappeared into the ether...

Tags or not

(just rambling on...)
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

T-Prime
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby T-Prime » Fri May 01, 2015 7:56 pm

lucasausems
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby lucasausems » Sat May 02, 2015 4:29 am

Luke looked over and Vice, who had remained suprisingly quiet throughout the celebration and ensuing discussion.

"Hey Vice", Luke said, "what do you think we should do with this Star Destroyer?"

Tag Vice

OOC - jump right in Vice, welcome back :-D

Luke Helios (Soggies)
Gil Lukat (SB 42)

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Mon May 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Vice had been sitting back, sipping from his cup of "potent" -- who can drink that fancy stuff? -- when Luke mentioned his name. Startled, he paused for a moment, surprised to have any one ask for his opinion regarding anything other than the rehabilitation of some obsolete equipment.

"Uhm," he began eloquently and softly, "I'm with Azaria.

"This thing was wrong in the Empire's hands and would be wrong in the Hutts'. We were hired to break it and we didn't. Turning it over would be doin' more than we was asked. Sellin' it would be scr- ... er, doin' wrong by the Alliance."

He cast his eyes downward and took another sip of potent. Best not to even address the fact that he couldn't even conceptualize the amount mentioned.

<Tags, all>
Oliver Toussaint, Michigan Marvels

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Mon May 04, 2015 4:32 pm

"Doing wrong by the people who blackmailed and cooerced us all into doing this suicide mission in the first place?" Jarion asked, "Seems to me there's plenty of wrong being done on all sides of this mess, and I don't feel a great deal of loyalty to the guys who threw me in jail. Illegal Detention, by the way, technically."

Jarion took his hat off and fiddled with it.

"And while I do feel maginally better about the people at this table, I can feel at least three of you figuring where's the best place to slip a vibroknife into my vital organs, sooo..."

He looked down into his hands.

They did give me a very nice hat. He admitted to himself.

"If we are seriously considering handing this over to the rebels, there's no chance they'll let us walk away. We'll be committing ourselves to a lost cause."

Jarion flourished his hat back onto his head with an air of finality.

"So we'd better negotiate ourselves some better terms."

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Mon May 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Sayana laughed. "You think they'll stop us from leaving if we turn it over? I already said it was a bad idea. Is nobody in this for the payday?" She looked around. "It's already been said more then once, being an idealist is a lost cause. The only thing remaining is the Empire and the talents you have to make your way while going around them. I hope everyone here understands that." She turned away her cloak hiding her face. "Idealism only gets one killed.."

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 pm

Vice nodded at Sayanna's comment unwilling to argue. _It's nice, though, believin' in somethin'. Never thought I'd find anything like that back on Corusant._

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Sat May 16, 2015 8:19 pm

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Sun May 17, 2015 10:36 pm

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon May 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Return to “The Kuati Job”