Episode 2: My Kind Of Party

Moderator:ASOG 7 Host

Sjet
Re: Episode 2: My Kind Of Party

Postby Sjet » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:57 pm

"Okay..." Dexon said, stepping up to what looked like the helm controls "Just like riding a speeder bike."

He'd ridden plenty of those. And air speeds to. He'd even flown a small space yacht, though for that one had to give credit where it was due: swamps make for excellent crash landing pads. There would be some sort of control lever or wheel, and a throttle to tell the engines how fast to go...

There were a large number of levers, sliders, dials and buttons. A lot of them seemed to be redundant duplicates, and even more seemed to serve no purpose other than to confuse would be thieves. And in that regard the Imperial ship designers had done a bang up job. So instead Dexon did what he always did when he went in for the con: Be The Mark. Be the grunt assigned from the Imperial Academy o pilot a starship, imagine what they would expect and assume.

Big lever on the right hand panel, second on the right: it looked important. Dexon reached out and gently, GENTLY, pushed that lever forward two notches. In return the Night Which did not explode, implode, or otherwise change its physical being. There was a deep resonating roar from somewhere under their feet, and a gently sensation of forward motion.

"Ha!" Dexon said, looking over his shoulder to the Jedi, the Twi'lek and the rouge in Imp clothing "Its not as hard as it looks."

As he said this, through the forward view port, their slight forward motion could be seen. It was a crawl, to be sure, by a few million tons of metal didn't just get up and dance in a second. And technically they weren't moving preceily forward, not exactly. They were going forward...and to the right. The Night Witches port side engine was a blaze at half power, whilst the starboard engine was still idling along. What this meant was the pointed nose of the starship was being slowly dragged away from the centre in a ponderous arc.

An arc that as beginning to look more and more like a collision course with ship on their right.

"Ah....right yes." He said slowly as he began to look for more lever "Tav, Sayara, shoot more things! Hell make us a hole to fly out! Azaria I need you to take over flying this thing because I'm pretty sure I'm about to void the warranty!"

TAG-All. Time for a crash course yes?

Caleb Dexon
7th ASOG
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:57 am

OOC - Why do I see the scene from Galaxy Quest in my head... accompanied with that looooooong screeeeeeech.....? :mrgreen:
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:14 am

OOC: You know, I had in mind more of that scene from Starship Troopers...but Galaxy Quest is so much better. Someone find us a rock monster to tussle with!

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Tav called back, "Shoot more things? That's the best you can do?"

She sighed and looked over the controls. The red button means shoot, right? She hit it a number of times while pointing the gun out into the deep black of space.

tags all
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Melissa Richards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Melissa Richards » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:48 am

Azaria

Postby Azaria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:55 am

"I have blown the exit to bits if you hadn't noticed?" a very annoyed Stalker answered. "Fly us out of here and take us to hyperdrive before these fools bring in heavier resistance. It's likely as we exit you will find a rather upset reception committee. " She looked at Dexon and shook her head. "This is the worst plan I have ever been a part of. I expect double what you offered for services." Nodding to Tavlia, she focused her own weapons and prepared to fire at whatever awaited them when they escaped..

tags

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Tavlia continued to hit the red button, firing in all directions. She had no idea why Stalker suggested she fly the ship. Someone already clearly was. Perhaps this Jedi had a mental illness. Regardless of whether the Jedi did or did not, she knew that Boodra would love the information and perhaps the price would be enough to give her everything that Tavlia desired.
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:28 pm

If you were the sort predisposed to flowery imagery, it almost looked like a baby chick being born.

The fattened discus of the ship yard was beginning to have a slight wobble hammered into its graceful rotation, as the narrow pointed nose of the Interdictor cruiser Night Witch plastered her way free of its shell. New dents were beginning to appear far away from the ew entrance the ship had made, where her four other sister ships were beginning to rock and roll around inside. Escape craft were already shooting out from the top and bottom of the shipyard, looking like spore seeds as the rich of the party fought for their lives alongside dock workers.

It really was every rich SOB and working stiff for themselves.

The Night Witch finally cleared the shipyard, coming into the world in a shore of debris and sparks as her flanks were dragged along the turbo laser blasted entrance. Somehow the tarnished ship retained some of her dignity and pose, as though she were a drunkard madame stumbling into a party during the slow dance. Kuat’s orbital defences were geared more towards external security than internal, with the majority of the Imperial garrison fleet lodged amid the outer system on picket duty. It would take them long hours to shuffle back into the crowded low orbital lanes of the ship yard complex.

All the Night Witch needed was a clear lane to fly through. Or, failing that, a nearly clear lane to bruiser her way through. Under Azaria’s guidance, and Tav and Sayara’s belligerence, the Interdictor cruiser began a hard push into high orbit. In her wake she left a score of solar power satellites twinkling like broken confetti, whilst a partially completed Imperial Star Destroyer was racked with vengeful, if lacklustre, weapons fire. But after that there was nothing left to shoot at: the shipyard was going up in a blaze of glory as the charges the Professor had planted on its other selves exploded with gusto.

Of course from this new orbital vantage point, you couldn’t help but notice the other ship yard complex just like the one they had just burned. All of them the right size, shape, and of the suitable novelty value the universe likes to throw around when proving the good guys cant have a break.

They jumped to light speed just ahead of the incoming Imperial reinforcements, and just after Dexon had begun to swear.

TAG-All if you want to continue this part of the plot.

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:27 pm

Colourful language aside, it seemed that Boomer had finally managed to coordinate their exit strategy, igniting, what she believed, were all of their loaded charges remaining from the initial set up and consequent destruction. There had been some that had been set off with the rings on Dexon's fingers, but the majority were to remove any remnants of their presence within Kuati airspace, let alone the shipyard. Her ship, having not received any request for extraction, merely headed on to their proposed destination to await further orders.

But there were some... missing from the sequence, as though something had masked them from the detonation signal, and that was more than just a little... disconcerting. The implications of that were many, but which one or ones might they be? Well, it was The Empire, probably the most heinous of all. Before over reacting though, perhaps she should run a diagnostic? But in her gut, and with her years of experience with these items... that was enough to give her pause. She needed to provide solid proof though before actually raising an alarm.

Besides, there was a huge conflagration behind them, and her count could have easily been off, especially with the added bonus of the Professor's exploding parts... which sounded better as a concept rather than a full blown thought. So, with some trepidation, while others flew, watched their 6 and beaded the enemy, Boomer ran the analysis of the explosions through their computer systems silently, eyes flicking through images intensely and in great detail.

Tags any and all as we escape
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “The Kuati Job”