Episode 2: My Kind Of Party

Moderator:ASOG 7 Host

Azaria
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Episode 2: My Kind Of Party

Postby Azaria » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:12 pm

OOC- we are working on a jp as we speak

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:38 am

Seeing the look of impending murder and mayhem on Sayara’s face, and the now all to cheery scent of charred flesh that was arising from the Stormtrooper’s that had been neatly bisected by her blades, Dexon’s long dormant survival instinct began to take notice. This was not unusual, as being a False Talker meant more often than not lying to the faces of some very dangerous people. Thugs, gangsters, spice smugglers and Imperial Tax Collectors, all of them could smell fear and apprehension: so all the better to latch it down until you had reason to be terrified in private.

“Okay, you know what. No plan.” he said, taking a step towards the compartments door and hit the control pad. With a woosh of air the door slid up and away, and in a pose best described as ‘action figure No9’ Dexon stepped out onto the bridge of the Imperial Interdictor cruiser Night Witch. Like most Imperial vessels it was dominated by two large crew pits with a catwalk cutting up the middle of them, all of it framed by a truly impressive view out of the large triangular view ports in the front. At any given time more than a dozen people would be on duty manning the controls, or standing and staring moodily out of the windows in search of enemies of the Empire.

This was still true: as well over a dozen corpses littered the decks. They were slumped over control panels, and two dangled precariously off the catwalk by their shiny black boots.

“Huh.” Dexon said, looking toward the back of the main bridge to find the main blast door lowered and locked down tight. He plucked the comm link from his pocket and turned it on “Azaria….why do I see a ton of dead people at my feet? Why do I see dead people?!”

As he waited for a reply he turned to the others and began to point at the various station that they would need to use: weapons would be a two man job, and no doubt the others down in the Aux Bridge would be handling the flying aspect of this madcap adventure. He wondered if Jedi got trained on how to use massive 10 inch turbolaser batteries in mind control rug rat day care?

"sorry about the mess dear," Azaria's voice piped through the commlink. "We were trying to find a way to get you in without venting the atmosphere... so we just, hmmm, changed it. I guess it worked out okay?"

“Ot it worked great…” he said a little hollowly, stepping into the middle of the catwalk he poked one of the dangling corpses boots and jumped back slightly when it thudded lifelessly to the bottom of the crew pit “Great. Great. Great-great-great-great.”

He placed a hand over the comm link and looked to Sayara and Tav.

“You two find the weapons controls and heat’em up. They shouldn’t be to hard to find seeing as this a war ship made by the lowest bidder, for an Empire that doesnt score that high in literacy or comprehension. I suggest buttons that are red, marked as ‘Do Not Touch’ or anything covered by little plastic shields.” he said, before returning to Luke “Strip off one of those officer tunics and slip it on. I want you marching up and down in front of those windows in case anyone looking in wonders why the duty officer isn't at his post.”

TAG-Others

“Now, my dear Azaria...I think we’ve got the shooty dangerous part under control up here. How’s the end that makes this bucket of credits move? Because I think we’ll be wearing out whatever mental retardation the Imperial hierarchy has any minute now.” he bit his lip “And could you warn me before we commit to mass murder again? I just want to make sure that when we’re caught we have separate trials or separate offenses.”

"I could, but where would the fun be in that? It's not like they wouldn't send us to the firing line asap if we got caught."

“Yes but I’d like to be executed by professionals, not by people trying to make a point that embarrassing the Empire is a bad idea. I have a face for the HoloNet, bot a corpse.” he quipped joylessly.

there was a pause. "The Professor says we are good to go here. We need to undock and pull away before opening fire, and then we need to get out of here quick, things are going to start exploding. I recommend we jump away to the asteroid field, jettison some stuff to make it look like we blew up, and head to Dantooine."

“Huum...Dantooine. Yes, yes a lovely place, nice sun sets, and I’m told the dust falls there are to die for without a breathing mask. But you know I have this hankering for making a truly ludicrous amount of money, and for sticking it to the Bothan who sent us in with with as little information as possible. So I propose we head to Starforge Station where a charming sentient by the name of Ferret, a Ren vagabond of low moral character, will happily open up a bidding war for only a 2% cut of the final price. So your choice my dear: Dust falls and a pat on the back with a vibroknife by the Bothan, or riches the likes of which would make even Palpatine squeal like a little girl.” he said, eyeing Sayara and Tav as he covered the comm links microphone again “Would you two do me the great honor of turning those giant weapons you’ve found onto the docking arms holding this ship in place? Once you’ve done that feel free to start shooting at the space doors and we’ll get under way.”

TAG

He uncovered the microphone.

“You may all want to hang onto something down there. It’s about to get very loud any...second...NOW!”

Tag-All: cue the unrealistic budget
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Melissa Richards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Melissa Richards » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:22 am

"No plan.." Sayana said in an almost dead voice, but inside she was mentally berating herself for trusting this...man. If he could be called such with the limited intelligence to walk into such a situation with no way out other then to start blasting. Still, it was interesting how the other half of the team had effectively done their jobs and permanently ended any resistance from the now deceased crew of the 'Night Witch.'

With a single glance at Tav, she leaped over the railing, and dropped to the secondary bridge going to the weapons control systems. Jedi were not trained to operate such weapons, and she had been very young when she had fled what was left of the Temple. But, in her travels and wanderings since then, forced to grow up hard and honing her skills in equipment usage and confiscation of various weapons of former prey, she had learned a lot.

Finding the systems that activated part of the weapons grid, she powered it up and looked over her shoulder, her keen eyes gazing at Tav. "My part of the weapon is now set. Activate yours so we may complete the process and blast our way out of this.."

tags

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:03 am

Tavlia sauntered over to the weapons control panel and started flipping switches and hitting buttons to activate the functions to overheat the ship. Unlike Stalker, this was something that Tavlia was intimately familiar with due to her Master's line of business and she expertly handled it in silence, giving Stalker a nod when it was done.

tag - all
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:58 am

lucasausems

Postby lucasausems » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:07 am

Gods! All this time wasted while thinking of a plan and then decided to forgo with a plan altogether. Luke decided a new level of insanity had just been reached. Maybe this ragtag bunch of people weren't the best choice of companions on the type of quest Luke was on. Still, if he hadn't tagged along he would never have found this girl who apparently knew his father. Call it blind luck, but at least it was something. Well, in any case, he was committed now and most importantly they all needed to get out of this situation alive, or at least, he needed to get out alive. It all came down to priorities, didn't it?
He would decide later what to do with this group of bickering indecisive idiots. Luke braced himself for confrontation and lots of laser bolt dodging, but was met by the deafening silence of non-functioning bodies, corpses, might be the better term. The only sounds came from machinery buzzing and weezing.

Luke carefully moved forward anyway and only let out his breath when he was absolutely positive everyone was, in fact, not alive. "Contrary to the party we left, this party is pretty dead", Luke commented. He walked around the Bridge as Dexon was finding out what had happened.

“Strip off one of those officer tunics and slip it on. I want you marching up and down in front of those windows in case anyone looking in wonders why the duty officer isn't at his post.”

"Fair enough", Luke thought. He located the corpse of the highest ranking officer, a young Lieutenant, and stripped the clothes of the lifeless bodily mass. Despite his hatred of the Empire, Luke tried to avoid looking at the dead young man's face. He seemed to be of the same age and Luke knew full well that if life had went only a little bit differently, he might have been wearing the same uniform still. Who knew what events led this young Lieutenant to the moment of his death. Was he a staunch supporter of the Empire, or had he been forced like Luke was? The universe was not that easily divided in black and white, instead everything was a different shade of grey.

The same went for this mission. He was in this to find his father, but what about the others? The only thing they all had in common was a dislike for the Empire, but each of them had different reasons for being on this mission, some of those reasons were greedy and selfish, others maybe a little less so. In any case, Luke didn't feel less or more evil then the dead officer whose tunic he was putting on.

Adjusting his cap, he walked towards the window and looked out towards the dock, waiting for things starting to explode.

tags

Luke Helios (Soggies)
Gil Lukat (SB 42)

Azaria

Postby Azaria » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:38 am

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Jarion leaped into the communications chair with more than a few stuttered curse and disparaging comments about the sanity of his team mates. His fingers caressed the controls and in a moment he reported.

"Comms are j-j-jammed."

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:09 pm

Well, wasn't that a fine, howdydo? Don't blow up... do blow up. Set the timers, twist the rings, watch the levels, and by all means... don't forsake the rest in case of insanity, or the floating alien windbag whose presence was only assuring that the rest of the fleet was about to, for lack of a better technical term, "Lose their shit".

Boomer's jaw clenched and nodded cursively as she turned her focus to the readings of the detonator controls. They had been grouped together, and all of them were now a beautifully arranged rainbow of colour that inspired awe, even in the most basic of demolitions techs. The simplest tweak would cause the chain reaction, and between this and the Professor's um... parts?... there would be conflagration and frightening amounts of fire.

Cool.

Her finger hovered and gave the alien the once over. This would be an interesting ride either way. And awesome on scoring the ship, too.

Lord, she loved it when a plan (even ill-conceived or downright horrible) came together.

A small 'whump', a shifting of inertial dampeners and a shaking twist. "Hear me, baby? Hold together..." she whispered under her breath.

But it was an Imperial ship, and Sith only knew whether the damn thing could even understand basic...

Tags
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Sayana looked at the weapons readings then back towards their supposed leader. "Getting out of here right now would be a very good idea.." she commented. "Weapons standing by for more mayhem and precision blasting if required." She was getting irritated. Patience was something the Jedi were taught as was being calm. But, Sayana had been denied those teachings. She hovered between the darkness and the light in terms of what was right and wrong. And at the moment, she wanted this to end. Sitting here she felt like a target was on them, and the former Padawan turned bounty hunter didn't like that at all..

tags

Return to “The Kuati Job”