Episode 2: My Kind Of Party

Moderator:ASOG 7 Host

Sjet
Episode 2: My Kind Of Party

Postby Sjet » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:06 am

Kuat, so called jewel of The Core, was a planet designed to be perfect.

Its forest were rich and full of life, its oceans warm and caring, and its cities few and splendorous. No blade of grass or errant grey cloud could conspire to ruin a day for one of the members of Kuati’s ruling families known as The Ten. Of course this perfection was built upon the labour industries of hundreds of thousands lower class Kuati, and all of that was dependent on the pleasing of their Imperial lords. High and aways from the pleasures of Kuat orbited the massive ring network of shipyards and transfer hubs. It was a world that had been building star ships, large and small, for thousands of years. A garden cultivated to produce a fruit that would sail the stars.

But all that Motti Grinder could see in the crate he opened was rotting fruit. The smell was atrocious, and Grinder didn’t even have to act for a second when he reeled back and bumped into the white armoured form of a Stormtrooper. The armour rattled, causing the three other troopers to look over from their own inspection of the mining ship’s cargo space. Grinder put on a show of buffing out the troopers armour, and rearranging his own uniform of a Kuati Customs Inspector. The job paid well, but the incentives to provide the grease to get things through Imperial customs paid even better.

“AH! Sorry there lads, didn’t think to check the stasis lock on that one.” He said, giving the rotting fruit crate a kick with his polished boot. The glowing red tell-tale at its corners was blinking slowly, the indication that the stasis field had failed in keeping its contents fresh. Looking around the cargo space there were seven other crates similar flashing red warning lights.

“I see. We’ll still need to check-“ the static laced voice of the Stormtrooper came to a stop as that scent wormed its way under his helmet, making him gag and take a step back. Grinder was impressed the kid didn’t drop his blaster carbine in the process. Grinder nodded knowingly, and walked to the next crate, beginning to work the locking mechanism.

“Wait!” snapped the gagging trooper, who had retreated with his fellows back to the cargo hatch “We’ve run this ship through with a bio sensor, and found nothing. I’m sure there’s nothing in there we need to smel-er...see.”

“Oh, well then.” Grinder said, sealing the crate back up again “I’ll just finish up here and hand the ship over for port processing whilst you gents go about your due diligence eh? Don't suppose you could get me a cup of caf, I'm dying for some refresh...ment...lads?

The clatter of boots and curses to all miners in space was the only acknowledgement the corrupt Kuati official got. He smiled happily to himself, waiting for the hiss of the cargo ships airlock being sealed, and then pulled out a small spray bottle. He misted the air for a second or so, allow9ng enough of the chemical cleanser to rip apart the offending odour into a greasy mist on the air. But at least it was air that didn’t smell like a Bantha with the sewer guts. He then turned to the crates, eyeing the ones with their blinking red lights, and began to open them one by one.

“Hey, Jarion!” he hissed under his breath, a comical gesture made on a empty ship. The first crate he opened was empty.

“Where the Sithspit are you boy?” he frowned turning to another crate and opening it to find nothing.

“It’s your Uncle Grind-erk!” he sputtered, as with box number three a blaster pistol was shoved out of the lid and its barrel pushed up against his piggish nose. A man of average height, dressed in disheveled over all’s of the Kuati Mining Compact, stood up from the large crate and kept the blaster pistol formerly lodged and ready to illuminate his sinuses.

“We were in those crates for a day and a half.” The man with the blaster growled menacingly “The plan was we’d fly in as crew, not cargo!”

“P-plan changed! Last minute like!” Grinder stammered, his nose burning with pain as the blaster twisted “Word came down from the Moff’s residence: no sentient in or out of the Kuat system for the next week! Some sort of security thing for this party his Imperial tight arse is throwing in the ship yard! Had to smuggle you in like this, a empty ship of scrap cargo with a droid pilot! Only way!!”

As the port official yammered on the other crates began to open, and the Soggies began to emerge in twos from their crated existence. Some had weathered the confinement better than others, and some looked ready to tear people apart.

Caleb Dexon rubbed his thumb over the blasters power selector, running it from stun to kill and back again. He then looked over for Jarion, and nodded to Grinder in his fine lilac uniform of a Kuati Customs Inspector.

“Is this your contact?” he said, adding a little chill to his words to underline the nature of a negative answer.

TAG-Jarion

“Azaria, how is everyone?” he asked, and then nodded at the last unopened crate “Have everyone check their equipment and disguises. Just in case ‘Uncle Grinder’ here decided to help himself to something.”

“Oh I’d never!” he sputtered, gulped hard, looking nervously at Azaria “I got me rules you see! And rule one is: ya get paid for a job, you do that job. Simple rule see?”

TAG-Azaria and others: welcome to Kuati, a little out of the way space warehouse to help us get int the flow of things. Remember you’ve been in those crates for some time, so please feel free to be as cranky as flying in coach makes us all. Mel I suspect will be an expert on that :D
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Melissa Richards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 2: My Kind Of Party

Postby Melissa Richards » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:25 pm

As the port official yammered on the other crates began to open, and the Soggies began to emerge in twos from their crated existence. Some had weathered the confinement better than others, and some looked ready to tear people apart.

Caleb Dexon rubbed his thumb over the blasters power selector, running it from stun to kill and back again. He then looked over for Jarion, and nodded to Grinder in his fine lilac uniform of a Kuati Customs Inspector.

“Is this your contact?” he said, adding a little chill to his words to underline the nature of a negative answer.

TAG-Jarion

“Azaria, how is everyone?” he asked, and then nodded at the last unopened crate “Have everyone check their equipment and disguises. Just in case ‘Uncle Grinder’ here decided to help himself to something.”

“Oh I’d never!” he sputtered, gulped hard, looking nervously at Azaria “I got me rules you see! And rule one is: ya get paid for a job, you do that job. Simple rule see?”

O'raka emerged from her crate feeling a combination of annoyance, yet also calmness. As a Padawan learner, one of the skills a Jedi had to master was patience. Sitting cross-legged for hours, or even on your knees and doing nothing but deep meditation could do wonders. The Force was a powerful and marvelous thing, reaching out and through all living things. While Sayana had been irritated at the idea of sitting in a crate for so many hours, the concept of the need of it was acceptable. So, drawing upon that long ago training, she simply had sat, crossed her legs, and calmed herself into a deep trance reaching out to the Force and trying to use it to relax. Something she had never been great at due to the lack of training she never received. At last, the journey ended, and thus the trance..

That didn't relieve the need for other things however. She checked her gear, made sure her light sabers appeared as nothing more then ornamentations, then stretched. It was time to put on the ridiculous costume. She did so in a private place, then stashed her leather clothing and cloak in her collapsible pouch, then secured it under her costume.

Without further word, she waited calmly and quietly as the others prepared..

tags

Azaria
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Azaria » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Azaria laughed as she shook out her cramped limbs. It was not an amused laugh.

"Seems to me you get paid to keep people like us out, among other things..." She shot Jarion a glance, "any chance this one might go looking for more pay by turning us in to the Imps?"

tags Jarion, Dexon, etc

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:12 am

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:00 pm

Boomer emerged in an uncharacteristic display of disarray. Her hair, normally slicked back, was tousled, and, surprisingly enough, a rich chestnut colour, and quite long. Feminine even. Her suit, usually spotless, pressed and uncrumpled, looked more than lived in after a day and a half of seriously cramped travel. Less put together, the impression she gave wasn't quite intimidating; on the contary, it might even be considered attractive, somehow. At least in certain circles. Her cheeks were slightly flushed with stilted and sporadic sleep, and she rubbed her eyes absent-mindedly, looking almost like she'd emerged from bed rather than a cramped space. She yawned, stretched and her spine and neck cracked as she realigned both.

Twisting a bit, she appeared to still be putting herself together as she watched the others. Remembering some schooling when she was younger, the doddering old professor had told them all to look to their left, and to their right, 'because not everyone would be there at the end of the course'. Wasn't that usually the way it went?

"Still..." He mused. Grinder convulsed and collapse to the floor. "Better safe than sorry. Pack him away in one of the crates."

Yep. First casualty. Not surprising really... loose ends and all that. But really... didn't the guy do his own clean up? Making a mental note, she decided that favours were probably not a good idea around that one. She didn't like the crate so much when she was alive... somehow she didn't relish it any more when she was stuffed in it...

Everything had a risk involved, and her choice of specialties was rife with it. She moved around easily and with no self-consciousness; she had no image to uphold, just a role to take once she had gotten the proper uniform. Stepping over the body, she took a small bottle from her inside suit pocket, tapping one pill from it and placing it on her tongue. A minty freshness spread through her mouth, and she gratefully swallowed as it dissolved. She wouldn't knock anyone over if she had to speak, but... surveying them all, she didn't expect to have to say a word. Grabbing the mining uniform and a pair of her gloves, she stepped to one side, stripped down and changed while the others did what the others needed to do. She didn't trust any of them enough to let them out of her sight, and besides, she wanted to hear what was going on.

Once she was wearing the uniform, she appeared less feminine and more neutral as before, her long hair tucked up under the hat, the brim pulled down to partially shade her face. But before that? Well, that was quite an eye opening and different story...

Boomer's professional demeanour was firmly in place once more as she focussed on her gear and how it all survived the trip. Fastening up the last buttons on the uniform, she crouched down to look over the explosives. She had counted them all as they went into the container and listened attentively as the other's spoke. It wasn't surprising that Manbot dispatched his contact... how were they all supposed to trust each other in a place where it could mean death? But it could be death either way, so what really was there to lose? Boomer wasn't the gambling type; she preferred to hedge her bets, and always have an ace up her sleeve, so to speak. But there, on Kuat, all she had was her skills, and the thinnest hope that someone might yank her ass out of the fire if it got too hot. Shrugging to herself, she didn't think it to be likely, but perhaps if she took the first step... it might give one of them pause enough to at least buy her some time to get herself out of a jam...

All of this ran through her head as she counted. All there and now accounted for. The last required step was to install the detonators and the bombs would be good to go. She checked the trigger devices, ensuring once again that they had been fully charged. The one that was going with the party goers was made specifically with their cover in mind. Rings were an expected accessory... so having one wasn't austentatious. Slipping it over her thumb, she intended on heading over to hand it to Dexon while the one for the mining group was going to Azaria...

Perhaps a contingency plan might be in order?

Tags Everyone (wherever the tags fit... go right ahead and break it up as needed)

Kendle "Boomer" Thrace
Demolitions and Driver
7th Allied Special Operations Group
I'm a Soggy... not actually Soggy
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Shadow Stalker glanced around and opened her senses more. Standing guard while the others complained and climbed out of their crates.

tags

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:08 pm

"You know, people really do look very peaceful when their sleeping." Dexon commented as Grinder was put into one of the empty crates, resting his head on what little padding had been provided for the Soggies own comfort. As if to highlight this announced fact, Grinder's nervous system rocked with a aftershock from the stunners making the older mans face ripple with unnatural contortions.

"...Maybe not." Dexon said slowly, before turning to his own crate and pulling a duffle with his disguise in it "I'll wait until we're closer before I get into my get up, might be a touch hard to explain why a Kuati noblemen from The Ten is wandering around a tran shipment station."

"Okay, Team Sabotage will be joining a work crew leaving this station for the ship yards proper. You'll have Stormtrooper's guarding those work crews, but the documents Krusk and Jarion supplied should stand up to modest scrutiny." He explained, before smiling "And if they don't I'm told Kessel is wonderful this time of year, razor thin atmosphere not withstanding."

TAG-Jarion, Azaria, Boomer, Urchin Boy (Sorry thats your new name, accept it. :) )

"As for Team Finesse, we're going to make a fuss about let off the shuttle early in this garbage pit of a station. After that we will be whisked to the shipyards admin section where the gala is being held, where we will mingle with the rich, the decadent, and the intellectual elite of Imperial weapons design. One group we will snuff out, the other we will leave alone." he held up a hand and gestured to O'Raka "I feel I need to point this out for you, but a body count in the low tens is ideal. We are here to mingle and murder one person, not do it in job lots. Makes it harder to differentiate us from the Empire if we will AirTrucks with corpses."

TAG-O'Raka, Tav

"And are there any last minute questions or needed change to this disaster of a plan the bothersome Bothan has put us up to?"

TAG-All

Caleb Dexon
Commander
7th ASOG
Occasional In Command Of His Own Destiny...Sometimes.

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:11 pm

"Okay, Team Sabotage will be joining a work crew leaving this station for the ship yards proper. You'll have Stormtrooper's guarding those work crews, but the documents Krusk and Jarion supplied should stand up to modest scrutiny." He explained, before smiling "And if they don't I'm told Kessel is wonderful this time of year, razor thin atmosphere not withstanding."

Boomer stepped up, and held out the ring. "Mr. Dexon," she said. "This should go nicely with your fancified duds. Just be careful of this switch." The jewel, dazzling in its beauty and deadly in its charm sank into the base. Twisting the ring and fiddling with the inner engraving, she managed to get it out once more. "Detonators can be set whenever you require. Just set them off like I just showed you." She dug around in her pocket. "And this," she said quietly, holding out a thin vial, "is what you'll need in case our end of the party goes south." She smiled as anyone might about to head into their own doom. "It's what you'll need for my ship." Shrugging she grinned even wider. "Otherwise, it'll leave half your base in need of atmosphere and the other half wondering why it's still hanging about."

Her aquamarine eyes were quite clear. "If you don't catch a ride as expected, then you call her to take you back." She looked over her shoulder briefly. "Whoever might be left." Sighing, she tugged her hat further down. "If the plan goes tits up, I'd say it won't matter too much about another ship heading over this way. The place should be pretty busy cleaning itself up." She took a deep breath and looked him right in the eye. A gambler was practiced at reading the tells. A con could read intent. If he was both, he should be able to see the truth in her demeanour quite plainly. "You might not be inclined to be the most trustworthy of us all, but, according to Fluffy, you're the one in charge, so you should hold onto the insurance policy." She turned to head off with the Sabotage Team. "But I'll be wanting that back once this is over and we make it on the other side with the prize." There wasn't a question, but an expectation. And if there was going to be any trust at all, someone would have to take the step. No matter how badly it might go.

She held out a hand. "Can't say it's been a pleasure meeting you, since I can't say who the hell you really are, but if we pull this one off, it'll be a miracle of the highest order, and I might start believing in old hokey religions." She gave Stalker a winning smile. "See you on the other side."

And may the Force be with you. Because she had a bad feeling about this...

Tags y'all

Kendle "Boomer" Thrace
Demolitions and Driver
7th Allied Special Operations Group
I'm a Soggy... not actually Soggy
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:35 am

"You know Jarion, one of these days you're going to bump into a Stormtrooper patrol with thermal vision and a hound. I just hope I'm close by to see the Empires Finest at work." Caleb commented, before looking around their small group and nodding off as he counted.

They were short two Soggies.

"Where's Tav and Othar?" he asked with a raised eye brow.

Meanwhile in a crate very close to the Soggies, and not very far away, Tav and Othar could be found. Now being any red bloodied male in close confinements with agreeable company, this situation would be a dream come true. And maybe for Tav it had seemed like a perfect opportunity to get her hooks into one of the Soggies on behalf of her Master. Alas this plot was foiled by the third wheel also crammed into their small, and now ever so cramped hiding place.

Othar's Ego.

"-and that was just the beginning of my nefarious alliance with the sinister Baron Bonefish! A mad man whose twisted designs on the poor villagers of the township below would make any sane man tremble. And yet, without his aid how was I to best the evil machinations of the vicious army of lobster droids sent to kill the beautiful Princess Bongela?" Othar went on, taking a breath only to launch into the third act of this story "So there I was, at the foot of the tyrants fotress with the Baron at my side, ready to storm the fortress and slay the vipers who sat in residence!"

The crate opened, and Caleb looked into to see one squashed Tav and a rosey cheeked Othar who was flush with his own heroic deeds.

"Ah! Loyal adventuring companion!" Othar boomed, having forgotten Calebs name like all the rest. He mentally referred to them as Adventuring Companions 1 through 5, it made it easier to replace them in his memory when they met gristly ends "You're just in time! I have been regaling the Twi'lek here of my heroic deeds since we went into hiding a day and a half ago! A fresh audience is always appreicated!"

"You know, if this stories are that enthralling Tav, we could seal you back in here with him to act as our back up? Me and Shadow there can handle the party?" Caleb grinned evilly, knowing Othar to enjoy the company of his own voice more than anyone elses.

TAG-Tav, all.

Caleb Dexon
Commander
7th ASOG

Return to “The Kuati Job”