Episode 1: Not A Tavern

Moderator:ASOG 7 Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Episode 1: Not A Tavern

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Azaria
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Azaria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 pm

"Whose old boat?" Boomer asked and stood. She looked around the room at everyone and said bluntly, "My name's Boomer. I blow shit up. I have been known, on occasion, to chauffeur the rich and infamous around on Coruscant for shits and giggles, mostly. And to keep my head squarely on my shoulders." She nodded at the overblown pansy. "You're Othar. No Lord; I'm from Alderaan. None of that shit flies with me. You come with me, give me an issue, there will be a problem, do you understand?"

"Why would her being from Alderaan have anything to do with my titles..." Othar murmured.

Boomer smiled widely and flashed a look at everyone else. "I have no idea who the rest of you are, because, no matter how overblown anyone's ego might be, you're not known in the circles I frequent. Sometimes that's a good thing, especially in our respective fields, no?" She shrugged. "Maybe we get those minor details like introductions out of the way first, huh? Then we can get back to offending everyone equally..."

Sayana smiled thinly under her cloak. "The people who hired me know enough about me to warrant enough of an introduction. You may call me Shadow Stalker or simply, Stalker." She looked at Dexon. "If you've made your choice as to our method of arrival, I suggest we get going soon.."

OOC... [weaving the various conversations back together]... we'll have to do further introductions once we get out've here. time to get this party moving, and run into Lucas

"Now, everyone else, if you've not been given an assignment yet you will. At the end of the day we are here to steal plans, ruin a party, and make it go off with a BANG! We're basically the hired entertainment for this jig if you think of it like that." he smiled warmly at them "We'll bee sneaking in under a false flag of a Kuati mining ship bringing back asteroid prospectors. From there we will disperse into our roles and then...the real work beginnings in ruining the Moff's surprise for the galaxy."

Azaria clapped her hands, "Sounds like fun, hey kids?"

She hopped down off the table she'd perched upon, and pulled out her vibroshiv. Without turning it on, she tossed it a few times in her hand, as if getting a feel for its weight, "So how about we do a little team building exercise? Boomer's ship is docked a kilometer away... last one there has to clean Krusk's fur out of the carpets."

"Oh groom yourself," Krusk swore, at the same time as Othar puzzled "But how is this a team building exercise?"

Azaria winked and tossed the shiv to the ground. "GO!"

Tags ALL

lucasausems

Postby lucasausems » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:54 am

Luke Helios (Soggies)
Gil Lukat (SB 42)

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:03 am

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:02 pm

O'raka moved quickly, her Jedi reflexes in full active mode. However, she elected to hang back and watch some of the others. The first principle of bounty hunting was, silence and watching. At least for the successful ones. Those that went in full-bore usually didn't last long in the business. In her case, she used her senses to gather information. She didn't really care who won a stupid contest of getting to a ship first. The important thing was to get the information accurate and the target correct. Since the target in this case was a mission, she let others make fools of themselves bouncing around while she watched and learned.

Finding the ship by following those that knew, the Stalker made her way to it. This was an interesting group. Sayana wondered how many of them would be alive when this was over..or who would die by the sword?

,tags.

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:03 pm

Boomer looked them over with a wry grin. It seemed that her ship was somehow drafted right along with her. Well... that would cost them extra if she was going to be ferrying unknown quantities to and from a variety of locations. Especially since she had not been told of this particular requirement, nor given any other details with respect to this assignment. There were protocols to be followed and not being provided full disclosure regarding passengers, crew, and requirements was certainly not one of them. So, they would be looking for her baby, would they? Disappearing Manbot went stepping on the newest guy as she got herself tangled up in the middle of the pack.

Some team building exercise.

She strolled easily to the door he just entered after extricating herself, and smoothed her suit out as she went. Her hands went into her pockets and tugged out another pair of gloves, performing a well-practiced swap out from old to new pair in one fluid motion. It was her ship. And it sort of made sense that she might know where she parked the damned thing... as long as they hadn't moved it. There was no need to sneak there. Or anything else for that matter. But... it might be better if she arrived first.

After all, she was a DEMOLITIONS expert.

Tags all
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:04 am

“Aren’t you going to join them?”

Caleb smiled at the Bothan’s words, and slowly shook his head. He returned to the table, and began to work the cards back and forth between his hands. He raised his eyes to Azaria, and gave the slightest of nods to signal her to leave. Soon the room was empty, with even Othar having left to attend to his own knitting.

“We walk as Bantha’s through the mists of the forest, careless to what is underfoot and unable to make out the intentions of others for the trees. A case of unintended malice, but still malice all the same.” Caleb said, his hands moving in a calm pattern as the cards were shuffled over and over again “A very old friend told me that once.”

“Your friend sounds like he could write Rodian fortune cookies.” Krusk grumbled, the lip flaps of his muzzle rising slightly in irritation to show long yellowed teeth.

“You may, in point of fact, have a point there.” Caleb smiled, his eyes rising from the shuffling cards to meet the Bothan’s “But the statements true enough. Stealing the plans and assassinating the designer of a new Imperial weapon system, which we’ll be blowing up on the way out, is a little beyond their skill set don’t you think?”

“Every member of this team-” Krusk began to say.

“Was not picked by me.” Caleb interjected “What they were was coerced by fear or greed to commit to a cause none of them have a stake in. You have a slight of hands man, a demolitions expert, a smuggler, a grifter and something that is neither a Jedi nor a Sith, but which is nearly as dangerous as both. Separately they are all competent at their jobs, but working together…”

He spread his fingers, letting the Sabbac cards fall into a unkempt pile on rust speckled table.

“They’ll either watch each other’s backs, or be watching their own for the vibro blade that might be placed there. Distraction makes for mistakes, and mistakes on even the simplest two storey job can get you pinched and killed. And I’m not fond of the idea of being picked up by the Imperials.” The conman stood slowly, and gently pushed a random card out of the spilt deck out towards Krusk, face down.

“You’re more afraid of being caught than being shot? You sound like a born spy after my own heart.” Krusk said sarcastically.

“Well, as we both know, death holds no real surprises for me.” Caleb said dryly tapping the face down card as he turned to leave “I’ll try to bring them all back, but if some of them don’t I want their fee’s split equally between the survivors. Should make for fewer hard feelings afterwards. At least that’s been my experience.”

The false facer turned and left, leaving the Bothan spy master in his little room in his little hole on the back side of a no where. After a few minutes of silence, Krusk reached out and flipped over the card Caleb had randomly pushed out to him. He looked at it and shook his head ruefully.

It had been ‘The Fool’.

End of Episode 1: Not A Tavern. Join us again for another exciting misadventure in Episode 2: My Kind Of Party.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Return to “The Kuati Job”