Episode 1: Not A Tavern

Moderator:ASOG 7 Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Episode 1: Not A Tavern

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:48 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Melissa Richards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Melissa Richards » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Sayana chuckled. She was finding this whole thing disorganized now. Arguing, and the mission hadn't even begun. Perhaps it was better this way, any in-fighting after the mission had started would likely get people killed. She was determined not to be one of them.

"I suppose I am finely dressed security?" she rose her eyebrow to the man in charge. "I want a veil over my face." She then glanced at her other companions.

"And someone putting his life on the line for codes that may not be recent but he thinks they are is in for a rude surprise, assuming we get that far." She smirked. "The shadow and drift option is safer. There's no contact until we arrive. If we have to talk to some imperial before we even get there, we're sure to be noticed." She turned to Tav. "Just wear less jewelry. That's what makes you stand out so much..."

tags

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:46 am

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Azaria

Postby Azaria » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:42 pm

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:45 am

Othar sputtered. "But! I'm nobility! I would blend right in at the party, nay, I'd likely convince half the attendees to defect... at least the female half," he winked and gestured towards the nearby men in a 'am I right' movement with his elbow, "I don't see how I'd be of any use on some old boat!"

"Whose old boat?" Boomer asked and stood. She looked around the room at everyone and said bluntly, "My name's Boomer. I blow shit up. I have been known, on occasion, to chauffeur the rich and infamous around on Coruscant for shits and giggles, mostly. And to keep my head squarely on my shoulders." She nodded at the overblown pansy. "You're Othar. No Lord; I'm from Alderaan. None of that shit flies with me. You come with me, give me an issue, there will be a problem, do you understand?"

~Tags, or not

She smiled widely and flashed a look at everyone else. "I have no idea who the rest of you are, because, no matter how overblown anyone's ego might be, you're not known in the circles I frequent. Sometimes that's a good thing, especially in our respective fields, no?" She shrugged. "Maybe we get those minor details like introductions out of the way first, huh? Then we can get back to offending everyone equally..." 'Or, in some cases,' she thought to herself, 'a lot more than others.'

~Tags everybody

Boomer - Demolitions and Driver (hey, they go together... sorta)
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:17 am

OCC - Hi all! It's Lucas! Better known as Luke Helios and/or Luke Osswell (from the Legacy). Thanks to Rose for posting this for me. I don't have permission to post on the Soggies forum yet, but barriers can be circumvented easily. Glad to be part of this awesome bunch of crazy :-)

With loud creaks and hisses the transport powered down. Luke Helios was already walking down as the ramp was being lowered. He took a moment to breath in Dantooine's atmosphere. It had been a long time since he'd been planetside. A million sensations of an unfamiliar world hit him. Heat and humidity, mostly. He undid his cloak and threw it over his shoulder. He looked around. So this is what a Rebel Base looked like, the former Imperial Officer thought. Quite different from the average military barracks kept by the Empire. 'Good', Luke thought.

Just a couple of weeks ago Luke Helios stood at the other side of the fight. He had been drafted into the Imperial forces last year after they'd made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Join us or your family dies... Why exactly the Empire had drafted him Luke did not know. He'd been caught stealing food for his family. They could've just as easily thrown him in prison like so many others. But they hadn't and Luke didn't understand why. They'd taken his father years ago before that. No one had ever seen him since.

The Helios family hailed from Corellia. They were wealthy, respected and powerful. The family business had ties all the way to Corellia's political elite, though Luke's father, Banquo, made it a matter of principal to never gain personal benefit from whatever influence that might give him among the planet's ruling men and women. Especially since the ruling elite became more and more embroiled in Imperial mind games and plots. Thanks to his family's position in Corellian society the horror stories of the Imperial opression had been just that, stories. To Luke, Stormtroopers and the men and women in grey Imperial uniforms had been simple civil servants carrying out their jobs. He had even counted one or two amongst his friends. In Corellia's uptown society civillians and off-duty officials met each other in bars, restaurants, shopping malls and night clubs. Life had been good, life had been plentiful.

Until one night those same officials and Stormtroopers he'd shared dinner and drinks with stormed their mansion, weapons set to kill. It lasted only minutes, but that was all it took to reduce their palace to a ruin. They took his father, they took all their documents. They took all their dignity. Helios stocks dropped to a point to where they no longer mattered, and with all their assets frozen or impounded, the remaining members of the Helios family, his mother and a couple of brothers, were forced to take to the streets together with the rest of Coronet's poor. It was there that Luke got acquainted with the dark side of Imperial authority and saw it for what it really was: terror.

Later on the family learned that Banquo had been drafted into the Imperial forces. They tried to get messages out to him in vain for months, and as months turned into years, hope left them. Survival was all that mattered now and for that they had to steal occasionally. It was during one of these thefts that Luke was caught red-handed and hauled off towards the nearest police station. Huddled together with other prisoners Luke was transported to prison, but suddenly the transport halted, doors opened and hands grabbed him. Luke, dehydrated and underfed, lost consciousness and when he woke up he was on a bunk bed in the barracks of some boot camp. Some officer shouting at him.

And that had been the beginning of his Service to the Empire.

During his Imperial Training he turned out to be a superb starfighter pilot. He was highly commended and his future within the Imperial Navy looked promising. Despite his success, his heart was never with the Empire. The Empire had ruined his family and stood for all that was evil to him. Upon the completion of his training, which had earned him the rank of Lieutenant he tried to escape. He stole a TIE-fighter and flew towards a nearby moon. Then he hid his TIE-fighter in the dark side of a large crater. From down there he saw the Star Destroyer and the patrols that were searching for him.

He stayed there for a day without food or water, fearing that if he left the Empire would be on top of him immediately. Forced by thirst and hunger, he powered up his systems and flew away. The Empire was nowhere to be seen. His ship didn’t have lightspeed, so in short he was stranded. That part of the escape plan he hadn’t figured out yet. He just flew into a random direction, thinking that death was better than a lifetime of service to the Empire.

Two days later the Alliance Cruiser Hope found his TIE-fighter adrift. They had picked up his signal and upon wondering what a lone short range TIE-fighter was doing alone in space had peeked their interest. They tractored the TIE-fighter into their hangar bay. Inside they found Luke Helios, unconscious, dehydrated and near death. He was treated and put under guard.

He explained his situation to the Captain, who was willing to believe his story, but thought it too early to trust him. He therefore remained locked in a cell for a couple days. Luke accepted this fate. He figured they had no reason to trust him. Seeing that he wasn’t giving any trouble, the Captain, named Rye Dresden, had him relocated to guest quarters, though he wasn’t to leave the room. The Captain also told him of their mission. To seek and destroy a Star Destroyer used to train new recruits, to deprive the Empire of new recruits, making it more difficult for them to replenish their ranks. The Captain thought their target might very well be the one Luke had escaped from.

Luke told the Captain he was right, and he was more than willing to help with the mission. He hated everyone on that ship anyway. As proof that he meant it for real, he revealed the Star Destroyer’s most likely location. After careful consideration Captain Dresden sent a reconnaissance flight to verify the information. It turned out to be real. Luke then offered to help in the destruction of the vessel. He could fly back towards the Star Destroyer, get past the defence perimeter and take out its deflector towers. After which it would be an easy an easy task for the Rebellion Cruiser to drop out of hyperspace and fire everything it had at the now vulnerable vessel.

The Captain stood for a difficult decision. If he trusted this man, he risked the failure of the mission, and possibly the lives of his crew. But if he didn’t trust this man, many of his men could die fighting to disable the Star Destroyer themselves.
In the end, they would have to fight the Star Destroyer anyway, so they could best do it using Luke as saboteur.

So it happened. The Cruiser dropped out of hyperspace a few hours’ distance sublight travel. Luke took off in his TIE-fighter broadcasting a fake ID. When he arrived he made some excuse about engines difficulties and radio-issues. Before they realised that a TIE-fighter couldn’t have flown all the way to their current position on its own it was already too late. He flew in fast and destroyed the deflector this and disabled their engines. Because of his piloting skills he managed to avoid turbolasers and was already on his return flight when the fighters started to pour out of the hangars.
The Rebellion Cruiser dropped out of hyperspace and fired every battery on the ship and launched all its fighters. The battle was over in less than a minute.

After Luke was brought in as a hero and was accepted into the Alliance. He immediately made for arrangements to get his family out of Corellia, but he was too late. The Empire had murdered all… His mother and brothers dead, his father lost to the Empire, the Rebellion was the only home left to him. He vowed he wouldn’t rest until he had found the one who had killed his family. About his father, no one knew where he was, or what he was doing.

This had all happened prior to the battle of Yavin. The Alliance was still finding its feet with naught but a few skirmishes with Imperial forces on their name, and not all of them victorious. The destruction of this Star Destroyer was one of its first greater feats. Looking for ways to locate his family's killer he was contacted by a recruiter for the 7th Alliance Special Operations Group. A band of ragtag misfits willing to do the dirty jobs, keeping the Empire distracted while the Alliance continued to build up its forces. The bigger freedoms that came with this position would allow Luke more time and resources to find his father.

The contact provided travel documents and a transport. Thus is the back story of how Luke Helios ended up on Dantooine today. The transport had been delayed, but he should still be in time. After having passed all the security checkpoints Luke found himself with a rag tag group of misfits, just like himself.

He'd fit right in.

Perhaps.

Tags :-)

OOC - Welcome aboard, Lucas! :) - Rose
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:38 am

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Dexon glowered at Tav, but walked around her and her fashion tastes and slipped a arm over Othar's shoulders. This close to the man Dexon had no trouble picking out both the scent of the products he put into his finely combed quaff of hair, but also a hint of a scent to him...Perfume?! Well for some the image was all things, and as a false facer he could appreciate that.

"Othar, brave soul that you are, I know you hunger for battle-"
"Yes."
"-For the fight the just deserve-"
"Yes!"
"-For the freeing of the down trodden town person and villager alike-"
"YES!"
"-And it is for that reason you must stay and guard the ship. For I have no doubt that our first outing as a group will end in disaster. We'll all be caught, terrible tortures and interrogations will be put upon us." he shivered against Othar, as though feeling that dark pit of terror yawning open before him "But it will be the knowledge that you, Othar Von Klenner, defender of all innocence of the galaxy, will be free and ready to come to our aid. We'll be counting on you to provide us with the knowledge that your fighting spirit is unbroken as we no doubt bleed honorably on Imperial fists."

For a moment Othar's eyes narrowed, and for a terrible second Dexon thought he had under estimated Othar's ego. Rumor was there was enough hot air in between his ears to restart dead stars, and from all of the reports gathered by or created by Othar pointed to a generally harmless lout of a Lord with more money than semse. But maybe there was something of a man within the fop-

Oh, no, wait....false alarm. Othar's mouth split into a grin, and he turned Dexon about and gave him a tight hug.

"Fear not brave and noble adventuring companion!" he roared right into Dexon's left ear, as the conman signaled that Azaria owed him not a bottle but a case of good hooch for this "I'll rescue you and our comrades before the first heated iron is put into the fire! Why I will spend the entire time waiting coming up with rescues schemes!"

"You-should-begin-writing-them-now!" Dexon wheezed, as Othar's hug began to squeeze the air from his lung "I'mNotBreathing!"

Othar dropped him, and quickly retreated to a corner where the odd chuckle or manic chortle could be heard. Dexon got up off the floor, rubbing his chest with one hand before beginning a rapid fire sequence of sentences.

"Jarion, get your man to forge us a pass and doc permit for a KDY T series cargo hauler. I'll have the Astromech in the corner send you the details. It's a one shot deal for the ship, as we have another avenue of escape on the planet Kuat awaiting our arrival after the explosions."

TAG-Jarion

"You can wear a veil, or a hood, or a Dathamori death mask if the mood takes you: as long as it keeps the Imperial sensor drones from registering you as who you really are, I'm all for it. The only condition I ask whilst we attend the party to mingle and divert, is that we don't start a fight we don't need to. Savvy?"

TAG-Shadow

"And as for you, my dear, dear Tav: have you ever set foot in Imperial high society? A society that is as xenophobic as they come? Trust me the fact you will be there at all will be so shocking we might start a fashion, but remember in there eyes you're not even a second class citizen. Frack, on the Kuati social ladder you're one step below a Telbun, and they're almost considered luggage when their not preforming their...duties."

TAG-Tav

"Now, everyone else, if you've not been given an assignment yet you will. At the end of the day we are here to steal plans, ruin a party, and make it go off with a BANG! We're basically the hired entertainment for this jig if you think of it like that." he smiled warmly at them "We'll bee sneaking in under a false flag of a Kuati mining ship bringing back asteroid prospectors. From there we will disperse into our roles and then...the real work beginnings in ruining the Moff's surprise for the galaxy."

TAG-All

Caleb Dexon
Commander
7th ASOG
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Fear not brave and noble adventuring companion!" he roared right into Dexon's left ear, as the conman signaled that Azaria owed him not a bottle but a case of good hooch for this "I'll rescue you and our comrades before the first heated iron is put into the fire! Why I will spend the entire time waiting coming up with rescues schemes!"

"You-should-begin-writing-them-now!" Dexon wheezed, as Othar's hug began to squeeze the air from his lung "I'mNotBreathing!"

Othar dropped him, and quickly retreated to a corner where the odd chuckle or manic chortle could be heard. Dexon got up off the floor, rubbing his chest with one hand before beginning a rapid fire sequence of sentences.

"Jarion, get your man to forge us a pass and doc permit for a KDY T series cargo hauler. I'll have the Astromech in the corner send you the details. It's a one shot deal for the ship, as we have another avenue of escape on the planet Kuat awaiting our arrival after the explosions."

TAG-Jarion

"You can wear a veil, or a hood, or a Dathamori death mask if the mood takes you: as long as it keeps the Imperial sensor drones from registering you as who you really are, I'm all for it. The only condition I ask whilst we attend the party to mingle and divert, is that we don't start a fight we don't need to. Savvy?"

Sayana gave a thin seductive smile, though certainly not as practiced as Tav, because that's not who she was. She was a stalker. A bounty hunter. And a killer only when necessary. "I never start a fight Mr. Dexon unless I'm confident I can win it. I know the value of discretion and when it's appropriate. The veil will do well for this situation."

"And as for you, my dear, dear Tav: have you ever set foot in Imperial high society? A society that is as xenophobic as they come? Trust me the fact you will be there at all will be so shocking we might start a fashion, but remember in there eyes you're not even a second class citizen. Frack, on the Kuati social ladder you're one step below a Telbun, and they're almost considered luggage when their not preforming their...duties."

TAG-Tav

"Now, everyone else, if you've not been given an assignment yet you will. At the end of the day we are here to steal plans, ruin a party, and make it go off with a BANG! We're basically the hired entertainment for this jig if you think of it like that." he smiled warmly at them "We'll bee sneaking in under a false flag of a Kuati mining ship bringing back asteroid prospectors. From there we will disperse into our roles and then...the real work beginnings in ruining the Moff's surprise for the galaxy."

TAG-All

Return to “The Kuati Job”