Episode 1: Not A Tavern

Moderator:ASOG 7 Host

Sjet
Re: Episode 1: Not A Tavern

Postby Sjet » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:46 pm

"You've all been chosen for this mission because of two key points: your specific skills, and the fact that their is something to be held over your heads. A solider is won over by his loyalty to flag and country, but people like us? People who dwell in places where the civilized do not wish to tread? What loyalty but to our own personage could be held to our account?" Dexon said, looking across the hologram littered table to the faces beyond it "There's an old thieves oath that I took as a child, that I think works best here. Thieves prosper. The rich remember. With ships like the Night Witch the Empire will be able to control movement and freedom across the galaxy, and before to long there will be Imperial ships crowding the skies for want of stars."

"So...lets make sure the Empire remembers that we will always prosper. And do it in such a way that we make a pretty penny to put towards that scoundrels retirement home we all one day wish to go to." he growled, and looked at Jarion "And I'd not worry about the bombs themselves. They're special order, won't go off unless their told to in a very specific way. I hope that Boomer does not mind, but we took the liberty of contacting her personal 'cook' to help with the creation of them."

He then looked at Tav and O'Raka and smiled broadly.

"I hope neither of you mind, but I took the liberty of arranging a new wardrobe for each of you. If you're to be seen on the arm of a Kuati nobleman of reclusive stature and influence, there is a certain protocol to the way that one is surrounded by." he let the smile flicker for a second.

tag-All.

Caleb Dexon
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Melissa Richards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Melissa Richards » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 pm

She'd remained silent through all the discourses, explanations and definite attitude issues. Nothing new, Sayana had worked in teams before. There were always personality quirks, then the job was over, and you went your separate way.

But, this job was significantly more dangerous. The chances of her being recognized were slim to none. So, little worry there. Going into a party or social area dressed as some would-be whore or noblewoman depending on the role presented no problem. As long as she kept her 'insurance' handy. The payout seemed reasonable, that was the important part. Unless the so-called stocks tanked, at which point payment would be demanded from another source, or taken. Whatever worked.

"Alright, I'm in.." She took the bundle of clothes keeping her eyes on Dexon. "When do we leave?"

tags

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 pm

Boomer shook her head. "I have no concerns about using my 'cook'," she said quietly. "At least I know what to expect." There was no question as to her opting in. This was the stuff they'd suckled her on since she was a babe in the crib. As Kuat was the cradle of the Empire, Alderaan prided itself as being one of the parents of the Rebellion. She swept a glance over the rest and gave a lopsided grin. At least she didn't have to get out of her suit for this one and she could do her job with ease. But where it was to take place gave her some pause, as well as who with. Trust was a thin commodity here, and at least she could trust the goods, if not those laying the explosives.

Tugging her gloves absent-mindedly, she looked at Azaria. "I'll need a detailed layout of the areas we'll be setting the explosives in." Using the back of her hand, she pushed her hair away from her face. "We'll need to map out the ideal location for each item to maximise yield and collateral damage." There was a smile on her face as she spoke, which changed the look of it completely.

Cocking her head at Dexon she asked, "Did you need that done for your part as well?"

Tags Azaria, Dexon and Soggies
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

T-Prime
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby T-Prime » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:12 pm

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:00 pm

Oliver Toussaint, Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:16 pm

"So to make a long story short, we will be splitting up into two teams - team 1, comprised of Tass, Boomer, Vice and myself will be laying explosives on the Night Witch, the sister ships, and a liberal dousing across the rest of the platform. team 2, lead by Dexon, will infiltrate the party posing as a guest and his entourage. While Tavlia distracts the company, Dexon and O'Raka will steal the plans, plant explosives, and eliminate anyone that might give them problems. This Beswick fellow will need to be lured away from the party and taken care of..." She gave Tavlia a loot. "You up to the challenge?"

Wait. What? So instead of acquiring the plans, the only part of this endeavor that played to his strengths, he was going to be setting explosives? He'd have to get Krusk's fur dyed. The natural colouring was simply unpleasant to look at.

"Sorry. I don't do bombs. I like my limbs where they are, thank you." He objected.

With her lekku, she signed to the other Twi'lek "and no, no I am not a slave. Just indentured at the moment. You?'

Tavlia answered with a smile. "I have never been accused of anything less than being distracting. Did you have a specific time frame that said person is required to be distracted and by what methods do you prefer such person or people distracted?" she added with a mischievous grin.

Tavlia then responded to Azaria in Ryl ~Escaped but apparently indentured like yourself. A girl needs to make a living.~

tag - Azaria

"I say, this all sounds well and good," Othar once again interjected, clearly offended "but what will I be doing during all this? You seem to have left me out!?!?"

"You've all been chosen for this mission because of two key points: your specific skills, and the fact that their is something to be held over your heads. A solider is won over by his loyalty to flag and country, but people like us? People who dwell in places where the civilized do not wish to tread? What loyalty but to our own personage could be held to our account?" Dexon said, looking across the hologram littered table to the faces beyond it "There's an old thieves oath that I took as a child, that I think works best here. Thieves prosper. The rich remember. With ships like the Night Witch the Empire will be able to control movement and freedom across the galaxy, and before to long there will be Imperial ships crowding the skies for want of stars."

"So...lets make sure the Empire remembers that we will always prosper. And do it in such a way that we make a pretty penny to put towards that scoundrels retirement home we all one day wish to go to." he growled, and looked at Jarion "And I'd not worry about the bombs themselves. They're special order, won't go off unless their told to in a very specific way. I hope that Boomer does not mind, but we took the liberty of contacting her personal 'cook' to help with the creation of them."

Vice looks a tad offended, but nods. "I'm in. Body's gotta earn its keep."

He then looked at Tav and O'Raka and smiled broadly.

"I hope neither of you mind, but I took the liberty of arranging a new wardrobe for each of you. If you're to be seen on the arm of a Kuati nobleman of reclusive stature and influence, there is a certain protocol to the way that one is surrounded by." he let the smile flicker for a second.

She'd remained silent through all the discourses, explanations and definite attitude issues. Nothing new, Sayana had worked in teams before. There were always personality quirks, then the job was over, and you went your separate way.

But, this job was significantly more dangerous. The chances of her being recognized were slim to none. So, little worry there. Going into a party or social area dressed as some would-be whore or noblewoman depending on the role presented no problem. As long as she kept her 'insurance' handy. The payout seemed reasonable, that was the important part. Unless the so-called stocks tanked, at which point payment would be demanded from another source, or taken. Whatever worked.

"Alright, I'm in.." She took the bundle of clothes keeping her eyes on Dexon. "When do we leave?"

Boomer shook her head. "I have no concerns about using my 'cook'," she said quietly. "At least I know what to expect." There was no question as to her opting in. This was the stuff they'd suckled her on since she was a babe in the crib. As Kuat was the cradle of the Empire, Alderaan prided itself as being one of the parents of the Rebellion. She swept a glance over the rest and gave a lopsided grin. At least she didn't have to get out of her suit for this one and she could do her job with ease. But where it was to take place gave her some pause, as well as who with. Trust was a thin commodity here, and at least she could trust the goods, if not those laying the explosives.

Tugging her gloves absent-mindedly, she looked at Azaria. "I'll need a detailed layout of the areas we'll be setting the explosives in." Using the back of her hand, she pushed her hair away from her face. "We'll need to map out the ideal location for each item to maximise yield and collateral damage." There was a smile on her face as she spoke, which changed the look of it completely.

Cocking her head at Dexon she asked, "Did you need that done for your part as well?"

Jarion nodded appreciatively.

"See, this guy's got his head on straight. You, I could learn to like." He said companionably, "And perhaps the Twi'lek girls. So I'll do the job without any further complaint. And when this whole rebellion thing tanks on you, give me a call; I'll make sure your ID's..." He gave Dexon an knowing look, "ALL of your ID's, are clean."

Tav asked Dexon, "New wardrobe?" She looked at herself and then back at Dexon, "Is there a problem with my attire? Do I not look enticing enough to do the job that you wish to assign me?" Somehow, I have to get this information to Boodra. I need to know if he will want this to occur or not. I would not want to affect Master's place in the Empire.

Tavlia then gave Jarion a sly smile that hinted at something. Of what, only Tav knew.

tag - Dexon
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Tav asked Dexon, "New wardrobe?" She looked at herself and then back at Dexon, "Is there a problem with my attire? Do I not look enticing enough to do the job that you wish to assign me?" Somehow, I have to get this information to Boodra. I need to know if he will want this to occur or not. I would not want to affect Master's place in the Empire.

“You’re attire, currently, is stunning: and then in lies the problem. You will soon find yourself on the arm of a Kuati nobleman, a man has spent his entire life climbing the Kuati social ladder and slitting the throat of ever rival he’s ran into. His every gesture and pose is designed to show off his success, to declare to the stars themselves that he has arrived.” Dexon began, his voice subtly shifting away from the Corellian drawl to something far more refined and educated. He moved around the table, the cock sure swagger melting into a smooth and measured pace. He stood before Tav, and the smile he presented to her could have frozen the air solid with its chill.

“Anyone and anything that he owns or possess a contract on is, by extension, a part of himself. And…this?” he waved a hand before Tav, seeming to dismiss her utterly with the gesture “Is too much of a spectacle, too much of an eye sore. Too wear jewellery that outshines its wearer is gaudy, for whilst the Hutt’s have made a fine art of showing off their excess, the Kuati are more…sophisticated. You my dear Tav are to be the hint of spice, the slightest whiff of exotic perfume that underlines the power and influence of your patron.”

TAG-Tav

He smiled, hips cocked to one side as the Kuati noble slid away to some corner of his brain, and the fast talking false-facer returned with a grin. He looked over at Jarion: “How was my accent? I’ve not done High Court Kuati for a while, so a native’s approval would be appreciated.”

TAG-Jarion

He then looked over at O’Raka: “We’ll leave shortly, best to have a plan before we jump into a star system that has anywhere above twenty Star Destroyer’s patrolling its space at any given time. Kuat’s not only a centre of ship building, but it’s also a major Imperial Star Base that covers most of the Western Galactic Core. Oh, and here’s one final piece for your outfit.”

He tossed her two palm sized handles with small metallic hoops on their ends.

“Slip them over the ends of your…prefer weapons of choice. A body guard, which is what you’ll be pretending to be, will be expected to be carrying blasters even in polite company like this reception. But should that body guard be carrying very unique and traceable weapons, well…I do think the Empire would take not a bit kindly to that.”

TAG-O’Raka

“No need. Our explosive work will be more for the purposes of causing an evacuation. A body count in the high thousands is not the goal of this mission, seeing death often is followed by revenge.” He gestured to the Astromech, and the images floating in the middle of the room vanished to be replaced by one large diagram. It resembled a circular block of cheese cut into 8 large wedges. These wedges had been spread out slightly to leave a gap between each one, an interconnecting frame work of gantries and fuel lines could be seen as well. A large spindle with a block habitation module atop and below it ran through the centre of it.

“This is the construction complex for the Interdictor cruisers. Each wedge is a self-contained and pressurised work space, allowing construction work on the cruisers to be undertaken in short sleeves and under varying gravities. It speeds up the work by not having to wear a space suit.” The top most habitation module began to blink “That is the space where the reception and administration facilities are, and where Team 2 will be operating. Team one will focus on the lower module, which contains power and life support equipment. Team 1 will also be focusing on the dry docks, I am sure the idea of allowing an explosive decompression to do your dirty work for you sounds tempting yes?”

“As for how we’re going to infiltrate one of the most heavily guarded star systems this side of Imperial Centre…well we have an idea,” he said, gesturing to Azaria “But the floor is open to more inventive ideas. Thoughts, my very merry band?”

TAG-All

Caleb Dexon
Commander/Conman
7trh ASOG
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:31 am

“You’re attire, currently, is stunning: and then in lies the problem. You will soon find yourself on the arm of a Kuati nobleman, a man has spent his entire life climbing the Kuati social ladder and slitting the throat of ever rival he’s ran into. His every gesture and pose is designed to show off his success, to declare to the stars themselves that he has arrived.” Dexon began, his voice subtly shifting away from the Corellian drawl to something far more refined and educated. He moved around the table, the cock sure swagger melting into a smooth and measured pace. He stood before Tav, and the smile he presented to her could have frozen the air solid with its chill.

“Anyone and anything that he owns or possess a contract on is, by extension, a part of himself. And…this?” he waved a hand before Tav, seeming to dismiss her utterly with the gesture “Is too much of a spectacle, too much of an eye sore. Too wear jewellery that outshines its wearer is gaudy, for whilst the Hutt’s have made a fine art of showing off their excess, the Kuati are more…sophisticated. You my dear Tav are to be the hint of spice, the slightest whiff of exotic perfume that underlines the power and influence of your patron.”

TAG-Tav

He smiled, hips cocked to one side as the Kuati noble slid away to some corner of his brain, and the fast talking false-facer returned with a grin. He looked over at Jarion: “How was my accent? I’ve not done High Court Kuati for a while, so a native’s approval would be appreciated.”

TAG-Jarion

He then looked over at O’Raka: “We’ll leave shortly, best to have a plan before we jump into a star system that has anywhere above twenty Star Destroyer’s patrolling its space at any given time. Kuat’s not only a centre of ship building, but it’s also a major Imperial Star Base that covers most of the Western Galactic Core. Oh, and here’s one final piece for your outfit.”

He tossed her two palm sized handles with small metallic hoops on their ends.

“Slip them over the ends of your…prefer weapons of choice. A body guard, which is what you’ll be pretending to be, will be expected to be carrying blasters even in polite company like this reception. But should that body guard be carrying very unique and traceable weapons, well…I do think the Empire would take not a bit kindly to that.”

"I'm not too concerned what the empire takes kindly to." the dark cloaked female said as she took the handles and looked at them. "If it should become necessary, they'll activate right through these..coverings." She slipped the covers inside her cloak. "and I carry a blaster as well, though it's only used on..certain occasions. I suppose this could be one of them." She moved aside her cloak a little revealing the blaster but kept her other assets on her belt hidden. She turned to the side and placed the coverings over the ends. One quick activation would slice through the camouflage like butter and anything else, so she was undaunted.

“No need. Our explosive work will be more for the purposes of causing an evacuation. A body count in the high thousands is not the goal of this mission, seeing death often is followed by revenge.” He gestured to the Astromech, and the images floating in the middle of the room vanished to be replaced by one large diagram. It resembled a circular block of cheese cut into 8 large wedges. These wedges had been spread out slightly to leave a gap between each one, an interconnecting frame work of gantries and fuel lines could be seen as well. A large spindle with a block habitation module atop and below it ran through the centre of it.

“This is the construction complex for the Interdictor cruisers. Each wedge is a self-contained and pressurised work space, allowing construction work on the cruisers to be undertaken in short sleeves and under varying gravities. It speeds up the work by not having to wear a space suit.” The top most habitation module began to blink “That is the space where the reception and administration facilities are, and where Team 2 will be operating. Team one will focus on the lower module, which contains power and life support equipment. Team 1 will also be focusing on the dry docks, I am sure the idea of allowing an explosive decompression to do your dirty work for you sounds tempting yes?”

“As for how we’re going to infiltrate one of the most heavily guarded star systems this side of Imperial Centre…well we have an idea,” he said, gesturing to Azaria “But the floor is open to more inventive ideas. Thoughts, my very merry band?”

Stalker thought for a second. Her mind went through an array of Jedi tricks she''d been taught, but they were so long ago, and the others she'd picked up along the way from various jobs and smugglers, that none of it was really clear. She selected one and offered it.

"Scramble the scanners temporarily of an empire ship. Ride into the system on it's shadow, staying within it's dead spots so no patrol ships or outposts can tell the difference between us and it. Once inside, break free, hide or go dark..drift in..and then come in the front door as if invited.." she looked at the group. "It's worked many times."

tags

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Last edited by T-Prime on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:34 am

'Depending on how high or low of a Kuati nobleman you intend on being,' Boomer began in answer to the question, "as well as how well the invite you scored might be amended, we could simply walk in the front door." Radical, ballsy and completely unexpected, assuming the snippet they'd watched could be modified for their purposes. If someone could fabricate a whole massive intrusion, surely they could simply adjust a few electronics and poof: invitation. "Instead of trying to look like we belong, with the invite, we all actually do." She waited a moment to gather her thoughts and then forged ahead.

"Nobility of any variety travels with an entourage. Of varying size depending upon their own sense of self-importance. Which could be huge the more you have to prove." Being a chauffeur to the Hutts on Coruscant of all places, gave one insight into the comings and goings of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. She looked around at them all. Most of them were probably shocked into silence, but she didn't mich relish bringing more unknown quantities into a Rebel plan with her neck on the line, especially with untrustworthy 'Droid Wannabe. With Bothan buy in. "It's the launch of a new toy. Impressions are to be made and horns to be blown. Might be the time for additional investors to show their interest, and if so, a structural engineer and her apprentice, as well as a security expert with his assistant might not be remiss." She looked over the layout as she spoke and kept her voice low.

"I don't imagine Imperials with their own agendas will do much more than provide polite but partronising conversation, and as long as there's gushing of one form or another, we should be safe." Shrugging a bit in her suit, she turned around to face them. "Pomposity is its own fatal flaw." She glanced at the overblown Othar, and bit her lip."Parts to play, security to breach and bombs to plant all under the arrogantly watchful eye of the Imperial forces. They'll never see it coming."

Tags all
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “The Kuati Job”