8 September 2010-Training

skyhawk900
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8 September 2010-Training

Postby skyhawk900 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Beverly looked at her watch. It was 7:00 pm. Maybe it was getting harder for people to get out. Dealing with homework, worried parents about crime, school activities. But, this was important. She'd spent little time with Mercury and Templar when things had been strong for the League. Before she'd shut down Retribution, and Masaki had left. Before they'd lost Piper..

But, they needed to move on. David especially. Losing Moira. God, they were shorthanded. So woefully short. Any group in their right mind would disband and let someone else do it. But, this wasn't the Justice League or the Avengers, was it? There was no one else! Super heroes didn't exist. Except maybe here. They were the start of it all. Neptune's only.

She waited patiently for Templar and Mercury to show..

tag you two

BanksAT

Re: 8 September 2010-Training

Postby BanksAT » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Templar walked in, long black canvas duster swirling around him. "Control, good to see you. I enjoyed working with you before; I'm eager to get back to it."

Tags
Oliver Toussaint, Michigan Marvels

Sasha Madison
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sasha Madison » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Getting out wasn't quite the issue for Mercury that it might've been for the rest of the league. She could get out easily enough, but not getting caught by her parents was. Nonetheless she arrived on time for the training session, garbed in dark colors, her hair carefully hidden as usual.

When she appeared in the room, she caught Templar's comment, her lips twitching in what was very nearly a smile at the other boy's enthusiasm. She wasn't exactly eager to be back to it. But she did feel a certain obligation to use what she'd been blessed, or cursed with to help others. Otherwise what use was she?

With a nod for the others, she asked, "What've you got in mind?"
Sasha Madison ~~~ Mercury

skyhawk900

Postby skyhawk900 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Beverly seeing that Sasha had arrived pulled out a small notepad. "Getting to know how you use your powers so we can improve that." She moved across the room and opened a bag. "When Whirlwind first learned he had abilities, he was all over the place. But, I worked with him and helped him train. I plan to do the same with both of you,"

Control turned back to face them. "Let's start with how you feel your powers work. And, what have you done to improve them since the last time we talked as a group?"

tags

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Templar shifts uncomfortably before admitting, "I haven't done anything. I've been wrapped up in ... my other identity." He shrugged.

"I visualize something being there. It usually appears. When it doesn't, I tend to thing it was either to ambitious or too far from me."

tags

Sasha Madison

Postby Sasha Madison » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Sasha listened while Templar told them about his powers, and the way that they'd changed in the last few months, her face still and composed, her expression blank as it usually was these days. When she was reasonably sure that the other boy was done, she cleared her throat gently, then started to speak softly, telling the group about her own. "I... I've increased my range. Ended up on the Pacific coast. Stranded there overnight. My recovery time has shortened, somewhat. But it still takes time for me to get my strength back. Especially if I'm upset, or tired or taking someone with me when I... Jump."

skyhawk900

Postby skyhawk900 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:01 pm

This was new! Beverly smiled through her mesh mask. "So, what about combining your powers. Mercury you try to jump a short range with Templar, and then Templar, as soon as you both appear, you do a mock-attack. The idea is to take an enemy by surprise. Then, after Templar attacks, he grabs you.." Control smiled. "And you jump again to another point close to the area. Do you both think you can do that?"

tag

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Templar nodded. "Yes, I've got it." He turned to Mercury. "How much contact do you need to take someone with you? Do you need to initiate it?" He shifted uncomfortably. "If not, should I grab your hand or ..." He trailed off uncomfortably.

Sasha Madison

Postby Sasha Madison » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Sasha's brow furrowed with concern. "I've never done it just holding hands." She admitted. "The only time that i ever took someone with me. I was... He'd grabbed me, and I held him close. Afraid of what might happen if he let go of me in transit." She chewed on her lip, looking between Templar and Beverly. "Maybe we should try that first? See if I can just hold someone's hand?" She wasn't really sure of how her powers worked and she definitely didn't want anyone to get hurt while she was figuring it out. Not even her brother, despite how upset with him she still was.

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Templar chuckled. "I'm just along for the ride. We can try it however you're comfortable." He looked to Control for her thoughts.

Return to “Current Plot Thread”