7 September 2010 -- First Day of School and Strange Pairings

BanksAT
7 September 2010 -- First Day of School and Strange Pairings

Postby BanksAT » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Biology, Mr. Bell

Home room had been ... home room. Oliver had to admit that things were easier when you started school on the same day as everyone else. That said, first days were always a bit stressful. Now, biology. The one science or math class offered by Neptune that Oliver had been dreading. And the room layout! Not the neat rows of desks, but lab tables with 2 stools on each side. Where was the front of the room even?

He was not the only one milling around waiting when Mr. Bell cleared his throat and announced, "I'm going to take roll today by announcing the lab partners." A groan went up. "Yep, that's right," he said with a smile, "you don't get to pick. I do." He grinned and looked around the room at the anguished faces only teenagers could summon with so little provocation.

"When I call your names, I'll point to your table. Please head over there so we can get started." He shuffled his attendance book. "First, Sasha and Josh."

tag, Sasha (and note that Josh is ill today)
Oliver Toussaint, Michigan Marvels

skyhawk900
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 7 September 2010 -- First Day of School and Strange Pairings

Postby skyhawk900 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Sasha Madison
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sasha Madison » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Sasha's eyes lifted to the teacher when he called her name, and she gathered her bag in her hand, then stepped over to the table Mr. Bell had indicated that she was to use, forcing a tiny smile for her newly appointed lab partner. She remembered him from last year when they'd been paired on another project. He didn't get things as easily as she did, but he worked hard. He'd pulled his weight and that meant a great deal to her.

When the teacher called Josh's name, she lifted her hand, then spoke when he looked at her. "Josh... Is sick." She said in a whisper.
Last edited by Sasha Madison on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasha Madison ~~~ Mercury

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:45 am

Mr. Bell raised an eyebrow. "Okay," he continued scanning the page. "Sasha, you get Oliver then." His eyes flickered over to the boy in question and then to the assigned desk.

Oliver moved quickly to the table where he pulled out a legal pad and pen before sitting down. He smiled at Sasha.

skyhawk900

Postby skyhawk900 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:47 pm

David listened as the names were called out. He wondered who his partner would be?
tags

Sasha Madison

Postby Sasha Madison » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Sasha managed a half smile for Oliver, sliding her back over so that he had enough room under the table for his own bag. "How..." She cleared her throat, exhaled shakily before continuing, "How was your summer?" She forced her smile to widen, but it didn't last long. Almost as if the muscles in her face were out of practice holding the shape.

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Oliver returned Sasha's smile with, perhaps, a bit more practice. His "politician's smile" as his sister derisively called it.

"Pretty good, thanks," he answered. "Busy with a bunch of camps. How was yours?"

OOC: Feel free to pick any partner you want, Dan. Or, you can get Josh when he gets back next class. That'd be a hoot.

Sasha Madison

Postby Sasha Madison » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:01 pm

At the simple question, what little color there was in Sasha's face leached away, and her smile faded entirely. "I... It was okay." She said with an attempt at another smile, but it was closer to a grimace than a smile. "Didn't do anything. We stayed home."

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:20 pm

"Oh, that sounds nice," Oliver answered, his note-taking prepared. "Honestly, I kind of wish I had, now. I mean, it was fun, but I missed the folks here and my family.

"I got to see my brother down at Notre Dame more than I usually do, but barely saw my little sister. She'll be at Neptune next year. Do you have any siblings?"

Sasha Madison

Postby Sasha Madison » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Sasha gave a shrug, "We couldn't afford to go anywhere." She said, "Must've been nice to get away for awhile." She struggled to make conversation, when she was much more comfortable with silence. "Umm... Yeah. Kallie, my little sister is eleven." Sasha said, her face brightening just a little when she thought about her kid sister. "And Grant." She added as her expression darkened. She was still upset with her older brother for what he'd done to her over the summer. But there was an inherit sense of fairness in her that prevented her from not mentioning him.

Return to “Current Plot Thread”