Monday, August 23 -- On the Field

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BanksAT
Monday, August 23 -- On the Field

Postby BanksAT » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:32 am

Oliver knelt on the field, breathing heavily. A rag fished from an ice bucket sat between his neck and shoulder pads. He sipped sports drink from a bottle. A small smile creased his face.

_Okay, David's even better than I thought. I'm probably not going to be QB1. But, Coach has been true to his words about giving me a shot. Plus, I like safety and slot receiver._

He glanced around him at the collection of young men, boys to be honest, panting for breath while the coaches huddled.

_Safeties get to hit and that jet sweep from the slot gives me running and passing options. Good way to stay in form in case David gets hurt._

<tags to anyone else going out for football or watching tryouts>
Oliver Toussaint, Michigan Marvels

Sasha Madison
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Monday, August 23 -- On the Field

Postby Sasha Madison » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:35 pm

It took Sasha a moment to realize that the teenager kneeling on the edge of the field below was Oliver. She narrowed her gaze, focusing on him, but when he took a drink from the bottle, she relaxed. If he'd been hurt, she knew that they'd keep him from eating or drinking just in case.

She glanced back at Josh, resolutely not looking at either her brother or Michael as they ran back and forth on the field below where she and Josh sat.
Sasha Madison ~~~ Mercury

skyhawk900

Postby skyhawk900 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:26 pm

It was quite the possibilities this year. David too was tired, but he had a good arm and if things went bad, his ability. He watched as Oliver sat down, then noticed Sasha. He smiled a little and then drank from his own water bottle before walking over. "So, looks like when things get all settled, we'll have a good team." The hopeful QB#1 sat down on his haunches and gave Oliver a friendly smile. "How are your knees holding up?" He looked toward Sasha again. "Someone is watching you.." he indicated the girl. "Better be careful since you have a girlfriend...unlike some of us.."

tag

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:03 am

Oliver shook his head to clear his musings and glanced up where David was indicating. "Sasha? Man, that's not a concern. Best I can tell she and her buddy up there loathe me." He grinned, "plus, you know me -- I'm not one to mess up a good thing.

"Besides, how long does QB1 ever stay single?"

Sasha Madison

Postby Sasha Madison » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 pm

If she'd had any idea what Oliver and David were thinking, Sasha would've been dismayed to learn that they believed she loathed Oliver. Far from it, since the reason she'd been watching him a moment ago was because she'd been worried that he'd been hurt. But she while she had been worried, it was more because he'd pulled his weight on the project they'd worked together, rather than playing on the I'm-a-jock to get out of having to do any of the work.
Last edited by Sasha Madison on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sasha Madison ~~~ Mercury

skyhawk900

Postby skyhawk900 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:25 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:38 am

skyhawk900

Postby skyhawk900 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:53 pm

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Mon May 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Coach blew his whistle and everyone jumped.

"I'll do my best, David, and I appreciate the advice," Oliver said winking at Lisa. "You never know what the future hold."

The conversation was on hold as practice resumed. Oliver followed David back to the offensive huddle until Coach shook his head and pointed at the defensive side. He sprinted over to the secondary coach. _Time to put someone on his butt!_

Return to “Current Plot Thread”