Tuesday Morning Aug 10th-Beverly&David-Wont be Back

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
skyhawk900
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tuesday Morning Aug 10th-Beverly&David-Wont be Back

Postby skyhawk900 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:02 am

Tuesday Morning
Ray Home
East Neptune

He needed to get his head back in the game. It would all be starting up again soon, and David knew he mentally wasn't ready. He'd tried to get Moira off his mind for weeks, now it seemed as if things were pretty much over. Throwing the football at a target the size of a tire at a distance seemed like a good start.

For hours, he tossed it, not using any assistance. Many times he missed. The backyard wasn't huge, but stretching it diagonally, he could get a larger throw area. He focused on the tire which was at the far end on a rope from the branch of a tree, then fired one after another towards it.

"Got a minute..?" a voice said behind him.

"Yeah..sure Bev." David stopped what he was doing and turned around.

"I need to be really straight with you. Moira was found, but she's in no state to see you. In fact, you can consider it over."

David stood there a bit stunned. "Why?"

"Because it is." His sister stepped down from the back porch. "She's messed up in the head, she lost the baby. The relationship is over, time to move on brother."

"Bev where is she?" he insisted.

"In another town. And she won't be back. And, even if she was, she doesn't want to see you."

"Why not?"

"Look, David." Beverly walked up to him. "Accept it! It's done..it's over. Go...make up with Katie or find someone else! Or go it alone for awhile, I don't care. But, quit the moping and the whining and the general 'poor me' shit, there's too much we need to do for you to fall apart. I did what i promised. I looked for her, I found a source, and I located her. Moira won't be back...hear me?"

He could feel the hollowness in his stomach. "You're sure?"

"Damn it, yes! I told you, and I'll say it again! How many times do you want me to beat on a dead horse? We have bigger issues now. We have gaps in the League we need to fill. You're going to be very important! And your future in football. You need to get off your ass and play like I know you can." She adjusted her glasses looking up at her younger brother. "New year, and new chances in both arenas. Are you listening?"

He nodded reluctantly. "Yeah, I am."

"Good. No more wasting time or energy being an idiot. I'm glad to see you can still throw, now you need to do more. Go out to the football field and work on your running. Without your ability. Use that when you really need it. But otherwise, compete on the level of everyone else."

Bev I just...."

She put a finger to his mouth. "No more! We're done dealing with the past, we're moving forward. I lost my guy, you lost your girl. From here on it's football and league and whatever high school throws you in-between."

"Alright, I got it!" he pulled away.

Beverly smiled as he turned away. At least he was showing some anger now, Anger was going to clear that self-pity crap away. Focusing on football and someone else would do the rest. "Why don't you and Jujuann go out and do whatever you guys do."

"Think so?" He turned his head.

"Yeah, I do. Go do something fun when you get finished here. Last days of summer and all that. Yes, we live in a shithole town, but it's not like you can't handle yourself here."

He laughed a little. "True."

"Right!" she encouraged. "So...go! Clear away the old and start fresh! You have any idea how many girls want to get with you right now? Do you?"

"A few I guess.." he sighed.

"More then a few, David. You finish your little practice, then go have fun.."

"Okay..see you later Bev.."

She watched him fire off several, getting more accurate. She nodded her head. Good. He was making progress. Time and moving past Moira would do the rest.

tbc..

Return to “Current Plot Thread”