Saturday August 7th 2010-Beverly & David-Search!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
skyhawk900
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Saturday August 7th 2010-Beverly & David-Search!

Postby skyhawk900 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:00 am

Saturday Morning
Ray Home
East Neptune

He felt cold inside. Like something was horribly, horribly wrong. Like it was Rachel all over again when she'd disappeared, but then she came back,and things didn't feel the same. David lay in bed his fear growing and wondering what they were going to do. Moira hadn't shown up last night, and she didn't answer her phone. He finally decided, they needed to do something more deliberate.

Climbing out of bed, he changed and threw on a pair of jeans, red flannel shirt, and tennis shoes then went to Beverly's room

His sister was at the computer working with that program she'd installed that allowed the GMRS radios to be tracked, as well as vehicles if they were tagged. David had to admit, it truly was remarkable. "Bev?"

"What?"

"Bev, we need to find Moira."

She stopped and turned in her chair. "Did you call her?"

"Yeah. She doesn't answer her phone. I'm not sure why."

"Did it occur to you, the phone might be dead?"

"Not the house phone Bev. I called the bar too, and there was no answer. Could you drive me over there so we can look?"

Beverly bit her lip slightly and adjusted her glasses. "I'm a little worried myself. Obviously she doesn't have her radio on her, so I can't just track her. And, that only works while she's in the city. It's also not always reliable due to interference issues." She tried to think of other reasons. "Do you think she might have gotten stuck in the form of a cat or a bird?"

"I don't know. She was really screwed up after that mess. It was like she was depressed all the time. I thought maybe working with the League together would snap her out of it."

"The same way you two worked together when she was playing double agent while we were Retribution." Beverly surmised. "No, it wasn't that, it was something else." Beverly stood up walking past him and put on her purple sweater. The leather jacket sat in the corner, it hadn't seen much use along with the motorcycles since the incident with the Hooks had ended that relationship and they'd left town. David looked out the window. "Dad must still be asleep."

"He has his own depression to deal with. Mom shit, and then Daisy.." Beverly's face turned hard. She'd lately been putting on more of a coat of invisible armor over her softer side. She was tired of being hurt. "I'll drive you, come on.."

The two took the Taurus wagon over to the bar which Moira's mother owned. The place was closed up, no car in sight.

David frowned. "Wouldn't there be someone here?"

"It's a bar, it's not open Saturday morning, stupid.." His sister drove the car around to the back alley and looked. "No cars at all. They're gone."

David could feel the fear again. "Where would she have gone? Her family?"

"No idea. Rachel, part two." Beverly fumed, then drove around to the front again. "Go beat on the door."

David climbed out and obliged. After several attempts, he gave up and came back. "Nobody home." he looked dejected as he settled back into the passenger seat.

"Where else would she go?"

David thought hard. "She said she was worried about her dad...that he might..come back."

"Well, since we don't know shit about him brother dear, we have no leads in this search. All we can do is drive around Neptune proper and see what we can find. But, there are certain parts of this shithole city I definitely won't take the family car into. And, we're not exactly dressed or prepared for any trouble."

David nodded, but said nothing. He was beginning to get the impression something really bad had happened. Why didn't she call him?

Beverly drove around some of the main roads looking for the car that she remembered seeing Moira's mother drive. But, there was no sign of it, and as the morning moved to later, it was more then obvious, no further answers to this would be coming.

Giving up, she drove back home. "I'll do some research. See what I can find out. I want you to wrack that brain of yours David and think of whatever you can she might have told you. Her father, relatives, vacation places..anything that might show where they went."

"They're witches, they could have gone anyplace, Bev."

"Good, then let's just...do nothing and see if they turn up." Her reply was sarcastic but to the point. "Just do what I asked while I search. I have some ideas, I can set up cross-matches and general searches based on information about her family."

"Bev..?"

"What?"

"If we can't find her.."

"You really are depressing in the morning, you know that, David? Get some guts, pull yourself together, and dry any tears that might want to come. That's not going to help anyone, least of all her. You can do what you want after we know the truth. Till then, it's search and recovery mode."

"Okay." He sat there as she drove, till finally they got home.

Returning to his room, David began to pour over letters, notes, pictures, anything he and Moira had between each other.

Beverly suspended her work on the virtual map. She began an intensive search on what she knew. But as she drank some coffee and tried to focus, an underlying thought kept nagging at her, trying to break her concentration...

Did Moira missing have anything to do with the Neptune League? Were they in fact...compromised?

tbc.

Return to “Current Plot Thread”