Saturday, 3 July 2010 -- Summer Plans

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BanksAT
Saturday, 3 July 2010 -- Summer Plans

Postby BanksAT » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Noonish

Lisa's phone rings, caller ID shows an unknown local cell number.

Lisa was doing some crocheting. She was in the middle of her second loop when the call came. Glancing at the phone, she saw the unknown number and gave a deep sigh. _Probably a solicitor again._ she thought, then putting down her handiwork, picked up the phone and answered. "Hello, if you're selling something, move on. I'm not interested, and I'm not flush with money to just throw away.."

Oliver bursts out laughing. "Hi, Lisa! It's Oliver. My brother's driving me home from Notre Dame. Should be there tonight. Mandatory family time, I'm sure, tonight, but I was wondering if I could see you tomorrow? After church, of course," he adds quickly.

The shock of hearing his voice made Lisa sit bolt upright and a wide smile crossed her face. "Oliver?" she gasped in surprise. "Oh yes, definitely, I'd love to see you! I've been missing you so much, how was hockey camp, did it go well?" Lisa gripped her cell phone feeling her heart pound as she felt the familiar joy rising within her. _My boyfriend is coming home!_

"It was great!" Oliver enthuses. "I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. How have you been?"

"Good! Just spending time with my family and a few friends. It's nice to get away from the city once in awhile. We went over to Lake Michigan and Lansing and had a lot of fun. The girls in cheerleaders, we all had an ice cream party and also a slumber event. It was very fun and relaxing." Her voice was filled with excitement. "I can't believe you're coming home already. I thought you'd be home later on?"

"Yep, be there in a few hours. Two weeks of counseling the camps for younger kids and then the development camp for us high schoolers. Time to come home!

"Do you think you could drop by tomorrow afternoon? We've got mass and then family dinner, but we should be done by 3."

"Yes, I can do that.:" Lisa sat up more curling her legs underneath her as her boyfriend now had her full attention. "I wish I could see you tonight. I guess I'm a little impatient now that I know you're actually going to be here. Even if it was just long enough for a hug and a..kiss." she giggled.

Lisa heaved a sigh. "But, I can wait. So tell me more, what happened with the counseling? Did you show your stuff and help a lot of kids learn the game?"

"Yeah, the staff pretty much let us coach the little kids. They had lesson plans all ready for us. With the middle schoolers, we did more assisting, but still a lot of teaching. Really helped me understand why we do the basics the way we do which in turn helped me in the high school camp.

"Uhm, I'm calling from my brother's cell on the drive and he's glaring at me. Will you text me at this number when you know if you can come?

"Can't wait to see you!"

Lisa breathed in. "I can't wait to see you either, Oliver. I've thought about you everyday.."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The next day, Lisa was in a tizzy full of excitement. She dressed for church, ate breakfast, and went with her family, her mind hardly on things it should have been. Thinking of her boyfriend made her excited in ways that she'd never been before. It was almost scary!

Because she had gone to church, there wasn't much getting ready to do. She changed from her church dress though to a nice blue summer dress that fell to her knees and had a bit of a flair to it at the bottom. She looked at herself in the mirror deciding if a ribbon would look good, and finally settled on letting her long blonde hair flow freely down her back, with a single blue ribbon in the back which separated part of it. Around her neck, she wore a set of white pearls, and her two inch white sandals she usually reserved for church dances.

But seeing Oliver after what she felt was so long was a special occasion. Lisa checked her nails. She'd painted them last night, and thankfully she hadn't broken any or cracked her nail polish. It was a soft pink, her nails almost translucent. She looked at her nylons which were sheer, and made sure there were no runs or tears. All looked to be acceptable. She realized she was probably going overboard, but she wanted to look her best when she saw him again.

Her car was clean and gassed up as she pulled out of the driveway and drove across town to her boyfriend's house. Inside, her body was quivering with excitement and her heart was gently pounding. _I really feel so close to him._ she thought as she drove. _He's like the dream man I always thought about. The religion thing is the only problem, but we're a long ways from having to worry about that.._

Before long, the pretty cheerleader pulled into the driveway of his home. She smiled looking at it, then put the parking brake on, and carefully climbed out after releasing her seat belt. Lisa took a breath and grabbing her purse, slung it over her shoulder and shut the driver's door, then walked to the front door of the house. She paused a minute listening, then rang the doorbell.._I'm so excited!_ she thought happily.

Today may have been the longest mass of Oliver's life. Absolutely no idea what the priest talked about and he almost stood when he was supposed to genuflect. Former altar boys aren't supposed to make those mistakes. The 'rents definitely noticed, but seemed amused rather than upset as he'd feared. Grownups are inscrutable.

Sunday family dinner was long and Oliver didn't have his usual appetite, but finally, time passed and the doorbell rang. With a quick apology to his grandmother, he sprang to his feet and dashed to the door.

"Hey," he said with a smile, opening the door. Sunday family dinners were informal, so he still had his blazer and tie on from church. "How did you get more beautiful over the past three weeks?"

"Hi.." she could feel the heat of a blush coming to her cheeks which were already highlighted with light make-up. "You look more fit.." she giggled, hesitated, then moved to him and pulled him into a deep hug holding him close to her. Aware that her breasts her crushed against his chest arising feelings in her that were best put aside. Lisa moved back so she could see his face. "I think you tanned a bit.." she smiled. "But, I really missed you, Oliver."

"Likewise, Lisa. If I tanned it was during my morning runs. I was buried in the ice center the rest of every day. It was awesome, though. I think I'm going to try and find more sports camps to do. Getting paid to teach sports? That's good living!"

He hugged her again. "But no more out of Neptune! I missed holding you and how do you get your hair to smell so nice!"

"Just a honey-scented blossom shampoo." she smiled shyly. "And a lot of lathering. Notice how it holds the body?" she tossed her hair a little to show the thickness. "Of course, when I get up in the morning, it can be a real pain when it gets tangled.." she winced then giggled. "But, enough about that. Let's go in, see your family, then we can enjoy the evening catching up on all we've missed together..."
Oliver Toussaint, Michigan Marvels

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Current Plot Thread”