Friday, April 16, 2010 - Picking Up the Pieces

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Friday, April 16, 2010 - Picking Up the Pieces

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Zak had already let everyone know about the Neptune League meeting between Allie's funeral and the day that she had died. Zak tried not to think about it. He knew that Allie would be disappointed in him but he had returned to using his pipe and the marijuana inside it. It helped him to ease his mind and to control the emotions that he did not want to experience. He had to be in control. He had to be strong now, especially for the League.

Tara and Mercury's cleaning was starting to fade due to the leaky conditions of the roof, which Epsilon supposed that Chimera would climb through. He was not certain as she and Whirlwind might arrive together as Whirlwind and Tara used to do. Epsilon silently wondered why Whirlwind seemed to always be the center of romance and difficulties. He only prayed that nobody would take out their personal difficulties on a night that was meant for reconciliation and for memorial of Piper.

He lit the candles in the traditional circle and waited.

tag - everyone

When everyone had arrived, Epsilon began, "I called this meeting for several reasons. The first, I think is the most important. We are here to remember Piper, or as she was known outside of this circle as Allison "Allie" O'Brien. She was in many ways, the glue that held us together even when we were apart. I will miss her not only as my second but as some of you knew and some of you did not, she also was my girlfriend. I..." Epsilon choked up a bit and whispered, and barely got out, "loved her."

tag - everyone for reactions

Epsilon cleared his throat and his monotonous voice returned as he wiped a tear. "For her sake and the League's sake, I believe we need to release some of our secrets. We need to function as a group and we have to leave our personal problems outside that door. When we are in our costumes, we have to behave in a way that we would expect heroes to behave: as professionals and as a team." Zak sighed. "This is why I must reveal that I cannot touch any of you anymore." He paused for a moment and continued. "I have developed an ability to duplicate other team member's abilities. The last person that I touched was Piper. I do not wish to lose her abilities. It is the last bit of Piper that I can keep and cherish. I hope that you understand."

tag - everyone

"I also believe," Epsilon continued, "that Control should be my new second. We have worked well together in the past and it would pair the prior two groups together. It is my hope that we should never have another rift again. I leave it to a vote, however. Is there anything that anyone else wishes to share?"

tag - everyone
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

skyhawk900
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Friday, April 16, 2010 - Picking Up the Pieces

Postby skyhawk900 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:09 am

Sasha Madison

Postby Sasha Madison » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:54 pm

Mercury appeared in the far corner of the room, her back against the wall, and her eyes, dull with her hidden pain as she watched Epsilon at the front of the room. She waited for the others to show without speaking unless spoke to first. And when she answered her voice was a low monotone. Mercury dropped her head, sniffling slightly, then swallowed, rubbing her finger under her eye, then wiped the moisture off on her pants. She'd rather liked Piper, least as far as she'd known the other girl.

She had no problem with not being touched. She had these powers for a reason, and she wasn't sure that she trusted anyone else with them. Least not anyone she didn't know well and trust completely. And even then....

She didn't have anything to say, she didn't care who was the leader. And she was willing to follow Epsilon, for now anyway. Until he proved himself unworthy. Her blue eyes moved from one face to the next, her soft mouth turned down at the corners in a tiny frown under the mask she wore to hide her face and her fair hair.
Sasha Madison ~~~ Mercury

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Zak had already let everyone know about the Neptune League meeting between Allie's funeral and the day that she had died. Zak tried not to think about it. He knew that Allie would be disappointed in him but he had returned to using his pipe and the marijuana inside it. It helped him to ease his mind and to control the emotions that he did not want to experience. He had to be in control. He had to be strong now, especially for the League.

Tara and Mercury's cleaning was starting to fade due to the leaky conditions of the roof, which Epsilon supposed that Chimera would climb through. He was not certain as she and Whirlwind might arrive together as Whirlwind and Tara used to do. Epsilon silently wondered why Whirlwind seemed to always be the center of romance and difficulties. He only prayed that nobody would take out their personal difficulties on a night that was meant for reconciliation and for memorial of Piper.

A short time later, Whirlwind arrived in his black full piece biker suit and motorcycle helmet. His utility belt with taser and pouches, and a collapsible baton were on him as usual. The dark visor covered his face. With him was Control. She wore her usual black dress with dark leotards and boots. The same belt and equipment was on her, as was the GMRS radio that Whirlwind had.

"Hello, Epsilon.." she said, dark mesh covering her face, so no face appeared to be there, just blackness.

Whirlwind simply nodded.

Epsilon nodded back at Whirlwind and when Mercury popped in, he did the same, not feeling the desire or the patience to try and assist Mercury back out of her shell.

Tara walked in the front door and headed immediately to Mercury and gave her a hug, without waiting for permission. She then did the same to Control and when she got to Whirlwind she hesitated. However, after an awkward pause, she gave him an awkward but quick hug.

tags

When everyone had arrived, Epsilon began, "I called this meeting for several reasons. The first, I think is the most important. We are here to remember Piper, or as she was known outside of this circle as Allison "Allie" O'Brien. She was in many ways, the glue that held us together even when we were apart. I will miss her not only as my second but as some of you knew and some of you did not, she also was my girlfriend. I..." Epsilon choked up a bit and whispered, and barely got out, "loved her."

Control moved a little closer to him and put a gentle hand on his shoulder. She then dropped it. "It's okay..we're with you." she said.

Whirlwind sighed. "Sorry..." he didn't know what else to say.

Epsilon gave a slight acknowledgment not to Control for the gesture. He also tried to avoid the glance of Mercury who was obviously upset.

Tara gasped. She had no idea that Epsilon actually felt anything, let alone could love Piper. She fretted, How awful he must feel! I'm going to have to cheer him up and give him a lot of attention. He definitely gets a hug after the meeting! For the moment, she said, "I'm going to really miss Piper, too. She was one of my best friends."

tags

Epsilon cleared his throat and his monotonous voice returned as he wiped a tear. "For her sake and the League's sake, I believe we need to release some of our secrets. We need to function as a group and we have to leave our personal problems outside that door. When we are in our costumes, we have to behave in a way that we would expect heroes to behave: as professionals and as a team." Zak sighed. "This is why I must reveal that I cannot touch any of you anymore." He paused for a moment and continued. "I have developed an ability to duplicate other team member's abilities. The last person that I touched was Piper. I do not wish to lose her abilities. It is the last bit of Piper that I can keep and cherish. I hope that you understand."

Whirlwind looked at Control. This explained so much of what had happened before! He breathed out.

Control looked at the others. "So, we have to be careful around him okay?"

Tara was horrified. "No hugs?! But he so needs one! Oh, God! I'm so sorry, Epsilon! This must be so much worse for you than the rest of us."

Epsilon did not answer.

tags

"I also believe," Epsilon continued, "that Control should be my new second. We have worked well together in the past and it would pair the prior two groups together. It is my hope that we should never have another rift again. I leave it to a vote, however. Is there anything that anyone else wishes to share?"

"I think that's the best choice." Whirlwind spoke up. "I mean, yeah we've all had our up's and downs, but if anything can be said about tragedy like this it brings people together as much as blows them apart. I think this is what Piper would have wanted...so...yeah. Control as second is the best thing. Even if she doesn't have any powers, we all know how smart she is..and what she can do."

Epsilon nodded. "Piper wanted us to work together," he confirmed. "And, the reality is that she has the ability and time to do and go places that we cannot without looking suspicious."

Tara piped up, "We also really should have Jessie here. She knows most of us anyways. She's probably dying inside right now. Piper/Allie was one of her best friends next to me and she has helped us and well, nobody would suspect her of anything. What do you think?"

Epsilon looked stunned. "I do not want to sound offensive but are there any other people that know who we are? We are putting these people at risk and I do not want to have anymore people hurt."

He looked over at Control for her ideas and thoughts.

tags

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

skyhawk900

Postby skyhawk900 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:38 pm

A short time later, Whirlwind arrived in his black full piece biker suit and motorcycle helmet. His utility belt with taser and pouches, and a collapsible baton were on him as usual. The dark visor covered his face. With him was Control. She wore her usual black dress with dark leotards and boots. The same belt and equipment was on her, as was the GMRS radio that Whirlwind had.

"Hello, Epsilon.." she said, dark mesh covering her face, so no face appeared to be there, just blackness.

Whirlwind simply nodded.

Epsilon nodded back at Whirlwind and when Mercury popped in, he did the same, not feeling the desire or the patience to try and assist Mercury back out of her shell.

Tara walked in the front door and headed immediately to Mercury and gave her a hug, without waiting for permission. She then did the same to Control and when she got to Whirlwind she hesitated. However, after an awkward pause, she gave him an awkward but quick hug.

tags

Control moved a little closer to him and put a gentle hand on his shoulder. She then dropped it. "It's okay..we're with you." she said.

Epsilon gave a slight acknowledgment not to Control for the gesture. He also tried to avoid the glance of Mercury who was obviously upset.

Tara gasped. She had no idea that Epsilon actually felt anything, let alone could love Piper. She fretted, How awful he must feel! I'm going to have to cheer him up and give him a lot of attention. He definitely gets a hug after the meeting! For the moment, she said, "I'm going to really miss Piper, too. She was one of my best friends."

tags

Whirlwind looked at Control. This explained so much of what had happened before! He breathed out.

Tara was horrified. "No hugs?! But he so needs one! Oh, God! I'm so sorry, Epsilon! This must be so much worse for you than the rest of us."

Epsilon did not answer.

tags

"I think that's the best choice." Whirlwind spoke up. "I mean, yeah we've all had our up's and downs, but if anything can be said about tragedy like this it brings people together as much as blows them apart. I think this is what Piper would have wanted...so...yeah. Control as second is the best thing. Even if she doesn't have any powers, we all know how smart she is..and what she can do."

Epsilon nodded. "Piper wanted us to work together," he confirmed. "And, the reality is that she has the ability and time to do and go places that we cannot without looking suspicious."

Tara piped up, "We also really should have Jessie here. She knows most of us anyways. She's probably dying inside right now. Piper/Allie was one of her best friends next to me and she has helped us and well, nobody would suspect her of anything. What do you think?"

Epsilon looked stunned. "I do not want to sound offensive but are there any other people that know who we are? We are putting these people at risk and I do not want to have anymore people hurt."

"That's true.." Control said through her black mesh. "But there's also the unwritten rule, you keep your house under one roof. In other words, we bring in everyone who knows us and what we do, we keep them in the loop, and thereby prevent them from asking too many questions outside this group. The danger in this of course is that, if someone figures out they know anything, they can use them to get to us." Control paused to let that worry sink in. "So, we have a choice. We bring in all who know us..friends..cops..associates..whoever. And, we make sure they all know our planned objectives. Or.." She looked at Epsilon.."we exclude everyone but us...and run the risk they won't keep their mouths shut by talking to the wrong people trying to learn what our plans are."

She looked at the group as a whole. "Let's be honest, this is no game. We all knew it. Losing Piper is just the tip of a possible iceberg. That's why we need to be informed, armored, and in complete contact at all times. Both on patrol, in meetings, and outside of all that personally. Otherwise, we lose the ability to coordinate. And, that's when disaster comes. We also have to accept the fact, this..can..happen. Yes, we're trying to help the city, but nobody here is immune or invulnerable to pain. We're just going to have to live with that. But, can we? Can any one of us live with the idea that anyone here might be the next one to die? This is something we really need to discuss right now. Weighing the good we can do for this place versus the risks of..death..and pain to our families.."

tags

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:54 am

Templar stood in silence listening. _Don't get involved this time. Every time I try to guide this group, I screw it up. It's evolving how I want anyway. Besides, who cares? Avani's gone. Allie's dead. Katie doesn't like me. Epsilon doesn't like me and might not, in fact, be human. How could Allie not let me know about them?_
Oliver Toussaint, Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:28 am

Whirlwind simply nodded.

tags (or not)

tags (or not)

Epsilon did not answer.

tags (or not)

"That's true.." Control said through her black mesh. "But there's also the unwritten rule, you keep your house under one roof. In other words, we bring in everyone who knows us and what we do, we keep them in the loop, and thereby prevent them from asking too many questions outside this group. The danger in this of course is that, if someone figures out they know anything, they can use them to get to us." Control paused to let that worry sink in. "So, we have a choice. We bring in all who know us..friends..cops..associates..whoever. And, we make sure they all know our planned objectives. Or.." She looked at Epsilon.."we exclude everyone but us...and run the risk they won't keep their mouths shut by talking to the wrong people trying to learn what our plans are."

She looked at the group as a whole. "Let's be honest, this is no game. We all knew it. Losing Piper is just the tip of a possible iceberg. That's why we need to be informed, armored, and in complete contact at all times. Both on patrol, in meetings, and outside of all that personally. Otherwise, we lose the ability to coordinate. And, that's when disaster comes. We also have to accept the fact, this..can..happen. Yes, we're trying to help the city, but nobody here is immune or invulnerable to pain. We're just going to have to live with that. But, can we? Can any one of us live with the idea that anyone here might be the next one to die? This is something we really need to discuss right now. Weighing the good we can do for this place versus the risks of..death..and pain to our families."

Tara chimed in, "I'm here to heal people. I can't believe that I couldn't get to Piper in time. I mean, I have saved so many.... But if we don't try to help, then why were we given these gifts? We have to help!"

Epsilon gave a deep sigh. He wished that he had his pipe right now so that he somehow could calm himself and think straight. He then caught sight of Templar. He is never quiet. What is he thinking? Should he not be pleased with this arrangement? He steadied himself and stated, "You have been unusually quiet, Templar. I believe that we require your input, as well. Please let us know your thoughts."

tags

BanksAT

Postby BanksAT » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Oliver Toussaint, Michigan Marvels

skyhawk900

Postby skyhawk900 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Sasha Madison

Postby Sasha Madison » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Mercury's reaction to being called out in front of the others was to pull in slightly, a slightly panicked look darkening her eyes. She hated the feeling of all eyes on her, but she rose reluctantly and forced herself to move closer avoiding eye contact with the rest of the group. On the side was where she was the least uncomfortable. She stopped a foot or so from the others, her hand cupping the opposite elbow, and she watched the floor in the center of the circle of lit candles. _I wish I were important._ She thought wretchedly, but she couldn't force herself to contradict the other, more confident League member, no matter how much she actually disagreed. She wasn't important at all. Her power only seemed to work for her, and she didn't know anything useful for fighting crime. Miserable, Mercury merely listened when the others spoke.
Last edited by Sasha Madison on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasha Madison ~~~ Mercury

Return to “Current Plot Thread”