Harry Potter: Darkened Universe (PG18, adult content)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
potterfan1111
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Harry Potter: Darkened Universe (PG18, adult content)

Postby potterfan1111 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:06 am

Hello Everybody,

I'm look for a long term rpg writing partner (e-mail preferred) who can do a minimum of 2 posts per day, 4-7 paragraphs or more, for a long term Harry Potter Alternate Universe idea where we can change the potter-verse however we want (within reason).

Anyone can apply by sending me a private message and asking for a blank character bio sheet, filling it in and returning it. Details will be discussed before starting and anything finalised by using a "changes sheet" so we have records of each others characters and whats going to happen in each year, When and where our characters meet is to be decided during set up.

The RPG will be set in Harry's era (1991-1997) in the first year with each book/movie year starting around the time the kids get their Hogwarts letters, however, if you so wish, i'm happy to write anything that happens during the holidays. To keep things interesting, i'm looking to use comedy and humor to add entertainment e.g. verbal and physical, veiled /clever inter-character insults, Dark humor, slapstick, internet irl references, etc.

Back Story

A demon from the early 22nd century time travels back in Voldemort's Era and reincarnates as a pure-blood witch that should have died at birth, but, survives and goes to Hogwarts, joins Voldemort's Death Eaters to try and take over the world causing extensive damage to the time line.

4 angels follow her arriving and incarnating during Harry's era to stop her, protect Harry and do as much damage control as possible. The angles would incarnate My Character, Your Character, Fleur Delacor (npc) and Viktor Krum (npc), however, they won't find out they are angels until their 3rd year.

Due to the demon causing massive damage to the time line, everything has radically changed from the books and movies we all know and love.

How this rpg differs

As the writers, we can change anything and everything we want to make the Potter-verse more interesting and amusing to allow character and plot development to happen in more diverse and unforeseen ways.

examples of what could happen:

. Hermione has an identical twin sister with the polar opposite personality to her "Hermione" the book worm nerd, "Persephone" the ditzy air-headed barbie doll

. The Weasley Family are rich like the malfoys, but, choose to use their money to help others to promote equality in the wizarding world

. Death Eaters have a more ballsy attitude to fear and intimidation this time round and start killing more, kidnapping and have more blackmailing ministry officials

. Extra Terrestrials surveying this solar system detected the use of magic and have sent scouting parties to investigate, having little understand of muggles and wizarding folk, one time infiltrates the wizarding world and their children attend Hogwarts

Main Plot

Certain things will be kept from the books and movies, e.g. Voldemort goes after the philosopher stone/sorcerers stone but is stopped,etc. To keep things interesting, different aspects of how they unfold will change, e.g. Gilderoy Lockheart is a professional comedian who writes travel and adventure columns for various wizarding papers and magazines by following adventurers and covering their exploits.

Main Changes

1. Harry Dies during his first battle with Voldemort in his first year at Hogwarts, prompting a planet-wide disgust of dark wizardry and a "Voldemort killed a little kid? NO MORE!" Rebellion of under-ground dark wizard hunters in his name and Memory.

2. With Harry Gone, Hermione, Ron and the others naturally gravitate towards our characters for support and form the friendship with us they would have had with Harry

3. As our characters Psychic powers flicker on and of during years 1 and 2 then switch on during the 3rd year cause problems for us and the others

4. Vampires, Werewolves, House Elves, Goblins and Wizards/Witches are all signed up to a ministry bill called " S.C.R.E.A.M" or the "Supernatural Creature Recognition & Equality Alliance Mandate" which allows them live and work within wizard populated areas, paid have jobs, send their kids to school,etc

5. More Death, More comedy/jokes (visual, verbal,etc) More Violence, More politics and incidence muggle-wizard conflicts threatening to expose the wizarding world

6. Death Eaters will attack Hogwarts at least twice before the Deathly Hallows, 1st time will be during the Tri-Wizard tournament, second time during Delores Umbride's tenior at Hogwarts which results in her being exposed as a Death Eater

7. The Demon will seize power from Voldemort during Half blood Prince and destroy all the horcruxes before we do, (in most cases we arrive too late and find someone beat us to it.) The Last horcrux is destroyed in front of the other Death Eaters as a demonstration of her power in a coup d'etat

8. Ginny will end up with Dean Thomas or someone else unless our characters decide to stay in which case Ginny and end up with anyone

9. We can travel to other countries for school trips or during the summer holidays,etc

10. When the Battle for Hogwarts is over, things can end 1 of several ways:

i. Revelations of our true forms come out, several students say "they knew it" and voice their respect for us as we enter the portal to go home to our own time

ii. Tearful pleading with us to stay by Hermione,Ginny,etc / tearful Goodbye

iii. The demon's host screams and explodes in a magical mess of light and energy and their demonic soul shoots into a time portal where they're arrested upon arrival in the future, our
character host bodies drop to the floor dead, either because people assume its the explosion or shock

iv. The angelic souls leave with the demon in custody (in a private room or public place surrounded by the students, but, the human bodies collapse and default souls take over, resulting in amnesia of who they are,etc

v. The Demon is taken back to the future by an elite commando group of archangels but we stay behind to live "human" lives even though the students,staff and surviving death eaters know, most of them have their memories erased but any one who wants to remember is sworn to secrecy

vi. Our Characters die towards the end of the battle as the teachers and students disarm and neutralize the demon's host and the angels arrive to take them back to the future with no loose ends

Regarding Adult content

Regarding the issue of "adult content" there can be consenting physical relationships between characters, BUT as a strict rule this wont happen until any characters reach consenting legal age of 16/17 in the 6th and 7th years. factoring in peoples preferences, any gay/lesbian relationships that get physical will be done "off stage" , heterosexual activities can be done "on stage" but its down to my writing partners preference.

Provided its not too uncomfortable, teenage pregnancies (with or without birth), staff affairs, kink play,etc can be written in, depending on what the activities are determine whether or not its witnessed "on stage" or just seen by characters. In the event of a pregnancy (teenage or staff) birth is permitted, but, it will have to be done tastefully.

"DVD EXTRAS"

I'm looking to do a "between books/movies" where our characters are interviewed as actors, we see behind the scenes of each movie, various bloopers,etc

If your interested please get in touch and i'll reply as soon as I can.

hope to hear from you all soon!

lucasausems

Re: Harry Potter: Darkened Universe (PG18, adult content)

Postby lucasausems » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:40 am

I don't think you'll find the people you're looking for on this forum, my friend. Too many terms and conditions, haha :lol:
And the "on stage" "off stage" hetero and gay physical (????) relationship distinction is simply offending, by the way.

Luke Helios (Soggies)
Gil Lukat (SB 42)

Return to “Recruiting”