Star Wars...Something Something

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sjet
Star Wars...Something Something

Postby Sjet » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:47 am

Are we relaunching Dragon Squadron? No.
Are we rehashing an old idea to make it seem new, with extra lens flare thrown in? No.
Are we providing you with a message board sim where you, the writer, can have fun and carry a big honking gun? More than likely.

Many moons ago, on a simming board far far away...someone let me GM a Star Wars game. I was terrible at it, as then I was only 19 and hadn't the first clue how to do it right. And yet, somehow, that game became something of a institution on the SLA. It became the sort of place where you knew Han always shot first, and you got to write with people who could really bulls eye wamp rats: if not for their old T-16, then at least form their ten year old coupe. Now Dragon Squadron went through a lot of changes, a few reboots, and almost as many GM's. So here I am, with Azaria hiding behind those sand bags over there, to present to you the next biggest thing to hit RPGWorld Inc since Stu's fit of giggles over Germany chewing it Brazilian take away on Tuesday.

So dim the lights, begin to read the next few paragraphs in the silky smooth voice of Billy Dee Williams, and lets see what we have here...

+++

Thieves and traitors, false-facers and knives for hire: these are not the material used to make heroes. But when it’s all you have left, you make do with what comes to hand.

If you’re here it’s because you screwed up somewhere along the line. Maybe you said the wrong thing to wrong person, or in most cases you just got caught in the act and now someone has something to hold over you. Don’t feel too special about that last one, we’re all pretty much here under pain of a death mark or the ledgers Imperial debtors. Allow me to introduce myself as Moniker, and yes that is my name, not that I’m often called to use it on paper work. I’m a conman by trade, fixer by nature, and thanks to a debt I’m here standing before you today in this rather snazzy uniform: yes not a single item matches, but damned if it didn’t feel good borrowing it from the ‘right stuff’ that’s parading around upstairs.

We’re officially part of the Alliance Intelligence Service, the same way that Speedy the custodian droid in the corner there is a vital part to the war effort against the Galactic Empire. In that grand old org chart of the AIS we’re close to the bottom, in fact those of you at the back better give Speedy a salute just in case he out ranks you. We are the 7th Alliance Special Operations Group, or ASOG-7: or the Soggies, if you listen to the Bothan’s around the caf dispenser. We’re the assets and people who are to screwed up to work with regular soldiers, but to damn valuable to loose in case of future need: we’re ‘that draw’ in the Rebel Alliances kitchen kook. I like to think of myself as the cork screw personally.

What that boils down to is we get given the assignments marked ‘Suicide, but useful suicide’. In my time with the 7th ASOG I’ve traveled the galaxy: from the humid hell hole of Agamar to the forests of Dathomir. I’ve shed blood on seven planets and taken lives on at least twice that many. I’ve kidnapped Imperial officers, burned down record buildings, and I once raided a liquor store just because it was on the way to where I was headed. But the Soggies get the job done: we don’t quit just because the higher up think we’re a lost cause.

We keep on fighting because we get paid, and because the Alliance allows us access to the fun toys.

…This is a terrible speech to read for the newbies, probably shouldn’t have drank last night. But, then again, that bottle of Corellian whiskey wouldn’t have drank itself either.

+++

Set before A New Hope, with Alderaan still shining as a beacon of peaceful cooperation instead of as a bright spot in the night where folks use to say Peace Not War, the Empire is in control. The Rebel Alliance is still trying to find its feet, to gain the advantage and take the fight to the enemy. But to do that they need to do a lot of things that normal soldiers and the uptight Rebels With A Cause would never condone. But criminals? Traitors? Out and out thieves and robbers? Why we get by just by being smart enough to know which way the wind is blowing. Could be we run this way for a time to save our skins, maybe one day we decided Imperial gray makes for better bedding than Republic red. But it'll be fun what ever happens, because chaos is our busy.

And business, I have a feeling, is going to be good.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Caedhros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Star Wars...Something Something

Postby Caedhros » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Let me know what blurb you want on the RPG main page. Also tell me if you have a pic in mind for the game page (like the other ones have).
Hit me up here, or on facebook. Sounds like fun.
"Once again we've saved civilization as we know it."
"And the good news is, they're not going to prosecute."

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Set before New Hope? Oh, perfect for Miss Tav! Can't wait!
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:38 pm

This might be a perfect opportunity for a brand spanking new character. :) We'll tawk.
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:00 pm

She's using 20's slang! We're in trouble now!
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Return to “Recruiting”