Ciara Mei Perlit Back Story/Personal Logs

Moderators:Dryad Wood Host, USS Horizon Host

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ciara Mei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ciara Mei Perlit Back Story/Personal Logs

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Back Story Pt 1

Ciara paced around her room. She had a few days before the Horizon went off on their next mission and she’d decided to stay on Earth instead of on the ship. Normally, she’d be out and about, trying to find herself something to do. This time, however, she was waiting for someone to arrive.

She always kept a place back in France, making sure that she had a place to go if she ever decided not to be on a starship any longer. Would that day ever come? Honestly, she had no idea. She had a reputation in Starfleet, one that she wasn’t going to be able to shake away from. She’d brought it on herself, but that was just the way that she was, the way she acted. But when she was here, things were different.

Looking at herself in the mirror once more, she fixed one of the pins that was pushing her hair out of her face. She’d redone the highlights in her hair and had to make sure it looked just right. That was when she heard her door chime go off. A smile lit up her face as she finished with her hair and went to answer it.

On the other side of the door stood a man, just shy of 6 foot with short deep brown hair, dressed up in a nice simple suit. In his hand were two roses in a deep purple color. “Pour vous, mon amour (for you, my love).”

Ciara smiled and, in taking the man’s hand, led him inside. “Peter Astor, mon amour, you shouldn’t have.” She took the flowers and gave them a gentle sniff. “Been working on your French again?”

Peter nodded. “I thought you might like it. This makes, what, nine month anniversary? And that ship of yours finally decided to let you come back.” He pulled her close and kissed along her neck. “Why must we be apart for so long? I’ve told you to stay here, work at headquarters.”

With a giggle, Ciara shook her head. “Peter, you know why I can’t do that. I have to find a way to shake my bad reputation some how. Being away from headquarters is the best way to do that.”

“You know I don’t mind what you do. But all the same,” he stated as he led her over to sit on the couch that was in the room near a window that showed the sunset. “you could be here with me always. You know we’ve talked about that.”

Ci placed the flowers on the table nearby and sighed. “Mon amour, I can’t. I like to be out there, in space. You knew that when you met me. You’re the only one I am willing to spend my life with. Everyone else is just…” She couldn’t even think of a word, either in English or in French.

Peter put up a hand, knowing what she meant. “I know, I understand. I just need a promise that even if you are doing all of that with others, you still want to come back to me. You still think of me.”

Placing a finger to his lips, she smiled. “You know that I always do. That is why I was wanting to come back here and let someone else handle the things on the ship for science. I might be chief, but that doesn’t mean that I want all the paperwork.”

With a grin, Peter stood up and offered her his arm. “I believe, then, that we have dinner reservations awaiting us.”

“That we do, Peter. I’m curious what you’ve come up with for this anniversary, besides the purple flowers, which you know are my favorite.”

Ciara Mei

Re: Ciara Mei Perlit Back Story/Personal Logs

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Back Story Pt 2

The setting was perfect. Candlelit dinner at a nearly empty restaurant looking at the sunset. It was normal work night for most, so the restaurant was not busy. Peter had managed to get everything setup perfectly for this dinner, including the music. Ci was one for classical music and that was what was playing around the restaurant.

All of the food was hand cooked, which she appreciated. Peter seemed a bit distracted, looking around a lot, fidgeting.

“Peter,” Ciara asked as she sipped at her wine, “is something wrong?”

They were waiting for their main course, having already finished their appetizer. Peter looked back at her and shook his head.

“Nothing is wrong. Everything is completely perfect actually.” He too took a sip of his wine and gave a wide smile. Then he began to dig into the pockets of his jacket.

Ciara raised an eyebrow. “What’re you doing?”

Peter chuckled and pulled out a box, a long slender box.

“I was looking for this. I was going to wait until we got back to your place to give this to you but...the setting is so perfect.”

He slid the box over to her and, after taking hold of it, Ciara opened it up. Her eyes instantly lit up and a smile went across her face. Inside of the box was a sparkling gold necklace with a heart and key charm on the end of it. The heart was a locket, opened by the small key.

“It just fit everything so perfectly, Ci. I couldn’t pass it up. I know you can’t really wear it all the time but..”

Ciara wiped away a tear that had decided to make it’s way down her cheek.

“I don’t care what the regulations say, I’m wearing this.”

She took the key and opened the locket. Inside was a picture of the two of them on one of their dates. It was one of the few pictures of the two of them together. Inscribed on the other side was You always hold the key to my heart, Ciara Mei.

“Peter...this is so beautiful. I didn’t get you anything though. Nothing to remember me by while I’m off on the ship. I have pictures of you everywhere, and now this.”

Peter took her hand in his and shook his head.

“I don’t need anything to remember you. I have enough pictures of you as well, and everything else in my head, all the memories. Just, promise me you’ll come back home after this mission, Ci.”

Ciara squeezed his hand and nodded.

“You know I always will, Peter. No matter what happens on that ship.”

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Backstory Pt 3

Ciara quickly unlocked the door to her place, giggling as she did so. Peter was right behind her, laughing as well.

“You mean that they told you that?”

Peter nodded, closing the door behind him as they stepped inside.

“They did! They said that there was no point in having anything to do with ‘the likes of her’, meaning you. They don’t know you like I do. They only go off the rumors that float around.”

Ci shook her head and sat herself down on the couch where they’d sat earlier.

“Do they have any idea we’ve been going out for 9 months?”

He shook his head.

“Not a clue. They don’t know why I go off to France each time the Horizon is back in orbit. They are impressed with my French though, just as you are.”

He pulled Ci close and let her lay against his shoulder.

“Do you really have to go again? I don’t want to not see you for months at a time, or however long this mission is supposed to be.”

Ciara sighed and closed her eyes. “I still have tomorrow here, unless you need to get back. But I don’t honestly know how long this mission is supposed to be. I know we’re going to investigate something, I’ll be busy. But I’ll find time to reach out to you as long as we are in communications range. If we aren’t, then I’ll write up something and send it out so you have something to read.”

She sat up and leaned over, kissing him gently.

“I’ll come back to you as soon as I can.”

Peter wrapped his arms around her tightly and pulled her in for a deep kiss.

“You better, or I’ll find a way to come find you and bring you back home.”

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Backstory Pt 4

Ci rolled over as the sun hit her eyes. She wanted a few more minutes of sleep, but knew with the sunrise coming in her bedroom window, it wasn’t going to happen. Instead, she allowed one arm to drape over the person who was laying in the bed next to her, Peter.

Peter shifted in his sleep a little, but didn’t wake. Ciara frowned at this and scooted herself closer to him in the bed, trying to nudge him awake. She didn’t see the grin on his face when he mumbled, “5 more minutes…”

Rolling her eyes, Ci poked him in the back with a finger.

“5 more minutes? We’ve overslept as it is. Time to wake up.”

Unable to keep up the act with the poking in his back by Ci’s finger, Peter rolled over and smiled at her.

“I’ve been up longer than you have been, Ci. I was waiting to see if you’d pick that up. You were really tired after last night.”

Ci gasped and slugged him playfully in the arm.

“You’re the one who wore me out, and besides, you started it.”

Leaning forward, Peter kissed Ci’s nose gently.

“Don’t I always?”

His arms quickly wrapped themselves around her, pulling her close as he pulled the blankets up over their heads, causing Ci to giggle.

“Yes, yes you do, mon amour.”

-----

The hot water from the shower felt amazing on Ciara’s muscles after her...excursions...in bed with Peter. He was the one person she felt completely at ease with, the one she could talk to about anything and everything and not be judged by what she did when she was away from him. There wouldn’t be anyone else who would let her continue her shipboard antics.

Peter had gone off to the kitchen to get something cooked up for breakfast, though it was nearly lunch time at that point. Neither of them had to do anything until that evening, when he had to go back to work at headquarters and she had to report back to the Horizon. Neither of them wanted this to end, as they didn’t know when they would see each other again. The missions of the Horizon tended to be long, and it was painful for both of them.

But they were getting past it, they kept in as much contact as they could, they knew what the other was doing, they never kept secrets from each other.

Ci finally finished the shower once she smelt what Peter was cooking and came out, dressed in oddly simple clothing for her: a plain tank top and shorts. Nothing spectacular this time around. She walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around him, kissing his neck.

“I didn’t ask you to cook anything for me. But it smells amazing. I keep forgetting what a good cook you are.”

Peter smiled and looked back at her.

“We need our energy back, we’re both on duty again tonight as it is. Figured you could use something good to eat. Besides, you know I don’t mind cooking.”

Ci nodded and slid into the seat nearby, watching him. She then smiled and went over near the door for a moment before coming back, sliding something over to him.

“In case you decide you want to come over here when I’m not here.”

Lifting up her hand, underneath it was a key to the house. Peter shook his head.

“Ci, we talked about this…”

“I know we did, Peter. But I don’t know how long I’ll be gone and...if you feel like you need a bit of France time, you have somewhere to stay.”

Peter turned off the burner on the stove and came over to Ci, kissing her deeply.

“Thank you, mon amour.”

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Back Story Pt 5
Bags were packed, everything seemed to be ready to go. Ciara and Peter stood in the living room of the home in France, looking out the window at the sunset.

“I really do wish you didn’t have to go, Ci. I hate our time apart.”

Ci wrapped her hand around the charms on the necklace she was wearing that he’d given her the night before, a tear slowly going down her cheek. Peter used his thumb and gently wiped it away.

“I want to stay, Peter, I really do. But you know how demanding the captain can be. I’m probably already late as it is. I was lucky to get onto that crew and to do the things that our assignments allow us to do. I only wish that you were one for flying up there too.”

Peter simply shook his head.

“I think we know what got you on that ship, Ci. But I’m not going to say anything against that. I know how you live when you’re up there. You know how I live when I’m down here and you aren’t. But, I’m not made for space travel. Occasional shuttle rides I can handle. But anything after that, you know my body won’t take it. We tried that once already, right?”

Ciara nodded with a sigh.

“I wish we knew how to get you past that. Maybe medicine will advance enough to do that at some point. But, not now.”

She looked over at the bag he was holding then down at her own.

“Have everything? The captain is going to have a fit with me if I don’t get back up there. And you have reports to finish up.”

Peter nodded and set his bag down.

“Everything except a goodbye kiss. You know I won’t let you leave without one of those, right?”

With a giggle, she nodded and was quickly pulled into a deep kiss. It was a kiss she didn’t want to let go of, as she had no idea when they’d see each other again. She only hoped that it was sooner rather than later.

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Set 9 months before previous back stories
Finding Love Part 1

Ciara Mei sat among the trees as she was back on Earth once more. She did enjoy it when she was able to sit where it was peaceful. The one mistake she made was sitting on Starfleet’s grounds. She was known here for things that weren’t the best to be known for, even though she’d made it past ensign and was a lieutenant. There were many eyes that stared at her as they walked by. She was off duty, though still in uniform. Everyone knew her, and at times, it sent a shiver down her spine.

Closing up the book that she’d been reading, getting more and more annoyed by the eyes watching her, she gave up on her nice spot in the shade and stood up, only to have someone run right into her as she did so, knocking her to the ground again. The one who knocked her over put out a hand to her, and she noticed a gold lieutenant sleeve attached to the hand. Taking the hand, she brushed herself off after she got back to her feet.

“I’m sorry, I should have watched where I was going,” came the voice. Looking up, Ciara raised an eyebrow to the man standing in front of her.

“No, I wasn’t looking before I stood up. It isn’t your fault.” Ciara couldn’t take his eyes off her. It wasn’t until he looked at her that she looked away.

The man frowned and tried to catch her eye again. “All you were doing was standing up. I was reading as I was walking, it isn’t your fault at all. Are you alright?”

Letting out a sigh, Ci turned and looked at him again. “I’m fine, thank you. I think I should go now.”

He frowned again, “Why would you think you should go? Yes, I know who you are, but what difference does that make?” He took her hand with a grin and, in true gentleman form, kissed it. “Peter Astor.”

Ciara felt her face start to go red. No one had ever acted like that around her before. “You know who I am and yet you don’t just stare at me? This is new. Ciara Mei Perlit. It is a pleasure to meet you, Peter.” She pulled her hand away slowly. “Where did you learn that from? I normally only have men do that back home in France.”

Peter nodded ahead of him, allowing the two of them to start walking. “My parents. My father always said to treat women with respect, no matter what. So, that is what I do. Obviously, not many treat you with respect I’d imagine. I’m going to guess you were getting up because you had far to many pairs of eyes on you?”

This was all far to new a feeling for Ci, especially after the reputation she had around Starfleet. She wasn’t even quite sure what to say to all of this, not many spoke to her unless they needed to. And he seemed more worried about how she was feeling than anything else. Finally, she nodded. “Yes, my...reputation is not one that many appreciate. I can not help that. I do get annoyed with them quite often though. I’m a capable officer, just...a bit different than they are.”

Placing a hand on her shoulder as they walked, he smiled at her. “Reputations are not the greatest thing. They make people see you in a different light than what they should. As for me? I see a person for who they are, not what others say they are. Anyone I want to get to know, I get to know them based on what they tell me, not what I hear.” He stopped and smiled again. “As for you, I see someone who does not like their reputation, and wishes that it would go away. Am I right?”

“I believe you know more about me than you are letting on, Mr. Astor. No one has spoken to me at great length in years, not unless I was part of a group. What makes me so worth your time?”

“What makes you worth my time? You looked like someone who wanted someone else to talk to. That, and you are rather pretty.” He stopped himself, seeing her start to frown. “I don’t mean that in the way that it sounds, Ciara. Most men would probably just want to say you are pretty for your...gift.” Peter couldn’t think of another way to say it, but hoped she understood. “But as I said, I see a person for the person they are, no matter their looks. Being beautiful is just an added bonus.”

Ciara’s face went flush again as she turned away. “I um..beautiful? You must be joking. No one sees me as that, they just see what they want and tend to go after what they want before leaving. You are just saying this to get something else, aren’t you?” She never did look back at him.

Peter set his own book on the bench that they’d ended up stopping near and sat down, offering her a hand again so that she might sit. Letting out a heavy sigh, Ci took the hand and sat down as well, her book sitting to her side. “I’m not just saying that. I’m sorry if I’m being forward. I don’t want you to feel like I’m trying to force anything. I want to be able to get to know you. And, if you end up not liking anything I have to say, or not liking me in any way, then I’ll leave and you’ll never have to see me again. All the decisions are up to you.” He placed his hand on her’s. “So, would you be so kind as to accept an offer for dinner tonight? If not, I completely understand.”

“Tonight? Dinner? No one has ever offered just dinner and not expected more.” Her gray eyes moved up to look into his, finding them the same color. She was transfixed by them and simply nodded to his request. “I suppose I can allow dinner. Where is it that I will be meeting you?”

Grabbing a PADD he had tucked away in his book, Peter typed up the address and handed it to her. She became even more confused when she saw that it was not a restaurant. “Did you just hand me your own address?”

Peter nodded and picked up his book, heading off across the grounds. “And don’t be late. You only have to dress up if you want to.” With that, he was off, almost at a run. Ciara shook her head, what was going on here?

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Finding Love Part 2

Clothing everywhere. That is what Ciara’s room looked like. Although they were back at Earth for a bit, she still kept all of her things on board the ship. Yes, she had a home back in France that she could leave things at, and she had things there actually. But this dinner with Peter Astor was weighing heavily on her mind. She was told she didn’t have to dress up if she didn’t want to, but what would be the point of a dinner if she didn’t? Looking through all the clothes, she finally decided on a green simple dress. Doing her hair up in the mirror of her bathroom, she let out a sigh.

“Ciara Mei, why are you doing this? All things like this in the past have ended badly.” She shook her head at her reflection. “But you see something in him. Play it out, see where it goes. You can always walk away, he said so.” Putting one last hair in its place, she headed out.

-----

PADD in hand that showed her where to go, Ciara found the door of Peter Astor. He seemed to live in a rather nice neighborhood somewhat near Starfleet Headquarters. She could only guess, though she never asked, that he worked there. She was one for being out in the stars, not behind a desk. Shrugging, she shut the power to the PADD off and pressed the door chime.

A voice came from the other side of the door, though it seemed a bit distant. “Come in, it’s open!” Not wanting to disappoint the voice, which she knew was Peter’s, Ciara opened the door and glanced around inside. The first thing that caught her wasn’t the look of the place, but the smell of the food that was apparently cooking. Following the smell, she found her way to the kitchen area, which was exactly where Peter was.

“Ciara, you’re early. I wasn’t expecting you quite yet. I apologize, the food isn’t quite done yet.” He had barely looked at her and was making sure the food wasn’t going to burn before doing a double-take and looking back at her. “You look amazing, and I mean that. The color looks nice on you.”

Slipping into one of the bar-style seats at the counter, Ci blushed a bit but did her best to hide it. “No need to apologize, you said to not be late, but I tend to be early. The food smells delicious, but you did not have to go to the trouble.” She found herself watching him moving around the kitchen, unable to take her eyes off of him. “What is it that you are making anyway?”

Motioning for her to come over, he grinned. “Would you like a taste? I’m not sure how French pallets are, and I want to make sure this tastes okay for you. I wouldn’t want to make you something that you can’t eat.” Raising an eyebrow, she shrugged and walked over, tasting what was on the spoon that he held out for her. “You don’t have to change a thing. That tastes amazing, just like it smells. I had no idea you were a cook, I figured we’d be meeting here and then go off to some restaurant. You surprise me, Peter Astor.”

Tasting it himself, he nodded to the taste and then turned the heat down on the stove. “You never did ask. I suppose that is partially my fault, I left in a bit of a hurry. I wanted to make sure this was going to be just right for you. That, and I originally didn’t have any plans tonight, so I had to look presentable. You’re sure you like it?”

She nodded, “I do. But you didn’t have to go to the trouble for me. Besides, this is all new to me, someone treating me like a human being instead of like someone they just want for one thing. You are very sweet.”

“As are you, Ciara Mei. Now, I do hate to ask this of you, but this will take about five more minutes, and the rest is in the oven. Would you mind taking the wine glasses and things to that table over there? I’d do it myself but…” he nodded to the pot, “this requires constant stirring for the last bit of time.”

Crossing her arms, only as a joke, she nodded. “You are doing all of this for me, it is the least I can do.” Gathering the glasses and the wine, she took them over to the table before getting the rest of the place settings and putting them where they belonged. “Peter, why are you doing all of this?” The question came out before she could stop herself.

Glancing up from the pot, Peter looked over at her. “Why? Is there a reason that someone can’t do something nice for you?” He took the pot off the heat and let it sit before going over to her. “I told you earlier, I don’t care what it is that happened in your past. You are more than others are giving you credit for. What’s in the past can stay in the past. That, and I do rather fancy you, even though I just met you.”

She caught him looking into her eyes and turned away slightly, only to feel his hand on her chin, turning her back. “I’m sorry if I offended you. It takes a lot for me to be able to talk to someone as I talk to you. I know today is the first time we’ve ever spoken, and obviously your reputation is well known. But does that matter to me? It does not. I want to get to know you as you. And if you hate me, then you can turn and run out the door and, although I’ll be a bit hurt, I won’t try to do anything.” He kissed her cheek gently and went to finish up with the food.

Ciara wasn’t sure what to think or what to say. Her eyes finally turned back to him finishing up in the kitchen, simply watching him. She was at a loss for words, except for things in French which he probably wouldn’t understand. Who would ever treat her like this, who would be so kind to her after what she’d done in the past? Her past didn’t even seem to phase him, and it astonished her. “You’re to sweet to me,” she finally said quietly, unsure if he even heard her.

But he had heard what she said and, after finishing dishing up the food, he led her over to the table, allowing her to sit before he did. “I’m just being a normal person, Ciara. If you find that as being sweet, apparently no one has really ever tried to be normal around you.”

She looked down at her food, wanting to dig in, but at the same time she wanted to say something. “Je ne comprends pas. (I just don’t understand).” She realized she had spoken in French and frowned. “Sorry. I just don’t understand how, even though you just met me, and you know how I am, you still are caring for me.” She finally looked up, to see him nodding towards the food.

“Dig in, Ciara. It won’t bite.” Peter took a bite of his own food before speaking again. “I told you, I want to get to know the real you, not what everyone else says. You deserve more than what you’re getting. You’re a human being too, not just someone to deal with all the abuse you get. I’m going to try to change that, if you’ll let me.”

Ci had been digging into the food as he spoke, amazed at how good it tasted. After he stopped, she swallowed the bite and smiled. “Maybe it is a good thing you bumped into me then, Peter Astor.”

-----

The dinner had finished with just random talking. Ciara found that Peter did in fact work for Starfleet Headquarters, and he was in the command line. But he wasn’t so concerned about actually commanding a ship. He was surprised by the fact that she’d lived her life the way she did, and actually enjoyed hearing her speak in French, even if he didn’t understand it.

But once dinner and dessert were done, there wasn’t a whole lot more for them to talk about, at least not that night. Peter led Ciara to the door, once again kissing her cheek. “Thank you for having dinner with me, Ciara Mei. You know how to reach me if you want to talk or whatever.” Ci smiled and reached for his hand. She wasn’t sure why, but she did.

Holding onto it, she gave it a small squeeze. “No one has ever done anything like this for me before, Peter. You truly are someone I want to talk to again. You really seem to want to know me.” She leaned forward and kissed him gently on the lips before letting go of his hand and turning to walk away. “Good night, Peter Astor.”

Return to “Personal Logs”