Leaving Sigma Iota II

Moderators:Dryad Wood Host, USS Horizon Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Leaving Sigma Iota II

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Melissa Richards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Melissa Richards » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:10 am

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:05 am

The last foolhardy engineer was sent to the floor cradling his jaw, the heavy wrench having been used to manually adjust the man’s attitude back to something less barbaric. On the floor, or leaning heavily against pipes and vent housings, the other engineers settled in to caring for their own injuries: no broken bones, but plenty of lessons. With a grin on his face, the Martian physician leaned on the wrench for support and glowered at the fallen, before turning his gaze to the yeoman and the security chief.

“I will make call to my orderlies to come and collect these durach'ye.” Arkady groused, spitting on the metal grating of the deck close to one of the feet of the attackers “I am sure that they will require more tender medical attention than I am feeling up to preforming at the moment.”

He smiled at Kat, as warm a thing as the Russian could muster, and then looked to the security chief.

“If you do not mind, I will take them from here. It is better for their embarrassment to remain here and undocumented than put before the kiptin in a report, yes?” he laughed lightly to himself “I would hate to disturb Gary as he works on his ‘golf game’.”

tag-The engineering wrecking party

Dr Arkady Sjet
Chief Physician
USS Horizon
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Kat watched the smile paint a pained expression on the Doctor's face and returned one with a touch of amusement before leaning down to retrieve her PADD. She let her gaze drag over each of the Engineers, eyes as hard as flint. If looks could do anything, they would have left long scratches in each of them before retreating, satiated. As it was, she had at least had assistance in teaching them a lesson she hoped would last, especially if she ever felt the need or desire to return to The Depths. There was a lot of potential imbued in these walls, despite the possibility of radiation exposure. Maybe that's why it felt that they were living on the edge down here than in the upper and more civilised regions of the Horizon, a few dozen feet above their heads.

The PADD had been trodden upon, but the screen was still intact. She took the stylus and traced a few short phrases on it before looking back between the two Chiefs. "I'm certainly fine with that situation, Doctor. After all, the ductwork can be so confusing at times, and a person who doesn't often come down here could easily get turned about." Her smile left her eyes and remained in place, a bit more predatory, and less friendly. She rotated her shoulders and flexed her fingers; nothing a good sonic shower, some libations and a solid workout in the Gym wouldn't cure. The security flag was gone as an attachment to her Medical reports but a new request replaced it. Hopefully one that would address any concerns, and leave everything in the frighteningly capable hands of the CMO. And away from the 'Keptin' 's golf game. All she had to do was get buy in from the other two.

She raised her eyebrows in query. "Of course, I'm sure sending up the last few Engineers I couldn't test for radiation would be the best course of action at this time?"

~Tags Engineering Wrecking Party

USS Horizon
Yeoman 1st Class, Katarina Alicia "KAT" Tell
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:06 pm

[quote]Gary grinned at that. Hopefully you will be fine with more than that tonight. I sacrificed a lot by not finding another partner down there on Sigma Iota II. "Wonderful," he told her. "After our shift, then. Should I bring anything special?"

Thinking that one over, Mary weighed relaxation compared to possible ship efficiency and what might be needed later. She finally relented. "I guess a bottle of wine if we can spare any? Just for a few drinks to make the evening more pleasant?"

"I will spare as many bottles as necessary. In fact, I will take one out of my personal stash." Looks like I have finally broken through. Tonight, it seems, I will get to sample her fruits.

tag - Mary

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Azaria

Postby Azaria » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Regan nodded to the two others standing and dropped the crowbar nonchalantly atop a groaning engineer.

"Sounds good to me - a talking to by the CO does diddly-squat for bags of hammers like these." He gestured with his foot towards the group's ringleader, a former merchant mariner pressed into the service to avoid jail time, by the name of Markus. "After getting their assess handed to them by an old man, a young lady, and a doctor, I think they'll mind their Ps and Qs for a while. Right boys?"

A chorus of groans answered him nicely, so he tipped his imaginary hat to the others, and made for the turbo lift. 'The captain's gold game? What's that about,' he wondered.

Cripes, he grumbled, rubbing his knees as he waited for the lift, I am far too old for this nonsense anymore.

"Computer, report location of executive officer."

Before any rumors started running rampant, he'd have to brief the ma'am on what'd gone down here today.... and a good morning's work it was.

Tags all

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 am

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:50 pm

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:57 pm

After Shift, Kat's Quarters

Kat had had an interesting shift to say the least; subtle ogling, understated tension, and then off to help the Doctor down in Engineering. Now didn't that all go well? She thought back on it fondly and put a little more jaunt in her step. And it seemed that the right thing to do was to head back to her quarters before going to the gym. Because, let's face it, tension was meant to be worked out in long and painful stretches, with taped hands and stretching... like a formal exercise regimen instead of a free for all. Grinning as she thought of the Engineers, she amended her musings. Mostly formal. But not always.

Taking a deep breath, she flexed her fingers, stretched out the bruised shoulder and entered her quarters.

Shelly was already up and changing into her uniform. She stood approximately five feet two in height but made sure to wear the short skirt uniform and heals whenever possible to make her look taller. Her personality could be described as effervescent. She was constantly up and chatty. However, she only was awake to talk to KAT for a couple hours every day at most, to her dismay. Gary, as a former engineer, liked to make sure that everything on his ship made sense. Therefore, he paired night and day shift people so sleep would be undisturbed, though there were whispers that Gary really created this sleeping arrangement so that lovers could meet, especially if it involved the Captain himself.

Shelly beamed when Kat walked in. "Good morning!" she cheerfully cried out. "Oh, gosh! I really wish we didn't have to leave the planet. I guess we're gone already. Now, I have to wait hand and foot on Lieutenant Boring again. You're so lucky, being yeoman to Captain Alexander! I could look at him for hours! How do you stand not jumping him?"

Curling her fingers into a fist, she smiled sweetly at Shelly. "Morning," Kat said politely and shrugged gingerly. "I think the exploration part of our Mission is why we had to leave, but I'm sure there are so many other places we'll be stopping."

Whoever Lieutenant Boring was, Kat was sure she was glad that it had very little to do with her shift. And the Captain.. huh. "The Captain is working, Shelly. I think they frown on that sort of jumping behaviour while on duty." Raising a finger, trying to offset the direction of the conversation by continuing. "And off duty, he's... otherwise occupied."

"The Captain is never off duty, so to speak. I hear that he has made quite a few rounds, though he does seem to be rather attached to Commander Wells lately from what I hear. Not sure what he sees in her, if it is true. She's just, well, as exciting as Lieutenant Boring, well, Lieutenant Matthews. Don't tell him I call him that. Honestly, I think if the man cracked a smile.... He and Wells would make quite the pair!" She giggled. "Of course, you would know more about the Captain than me." She propped her elbows on a desk, cupped her chin in her hands and sighed. "Tell me about him, please. What's he really like?"

"He's ever so polite. And proper." Kat smiled and her eyes twinkled with mischief. "I don't know if he and the Commander are involved," she said, making air quotes, "but to be honest, that's off the Bridge, so I couldn't say one way or the other."

Making a mental note, she considered what she might actually say to anyone when asked about Lt. Matthews... she hadn't met him yet, but Kat had a sneaking suspicion that he might not be as boring as Shelly observed; rarely did people have a persona they upheld both on and off duty.

"Have you got an eye on the Captain, then, Shelly?"

"What girl doesn't?" Shelly responded with a bit of laughter. "He is a dream! I can't believe you don't even peek into his personal affairs. I mean, you have access to so much...."

Kat gave Shelly a lop-sided grin. "If I'd like to keep on being the Yeoman, I keep my nose clean, my smile polite, and my skirts a hair longer than is regulation." Working with the Captain was much different than lusting after him, apparently. Perhaps her daily interactions made her immune? Or maybe she saw the looks he gave the Commander, and every other woman on board. He had always been polite, and she had never turned his head in that way. And if she wanted to keep on working that close with the Senior Staff, she would make sure it stayed that way. At least, as much as she could.

"Why, don't tell me you check up and in on Lt. Boring?" Kat's hand went up to her mouth in mock surprise, keeping her eyes wide.

"Gee, KAT, you're starting to get as dull as Lieutenant Boring. Have a little fun! If he's not attached, I say go for it. As to Lieutenant Boring, of course, I've checked up on him." She sighed despondently. "Of course, he's nothing to look at, like the Captain is...."

Kat grinned and shook her head. "Nothing wrong with having a little fun " She fluttered her eyelashes. "Just not sure I'd like to have my back turned to either the Captain or the Commander on any given moment after the fact, you know?"

"No, I don't," Shelly answered innocently. "Tell me."

"Oh Shelly, it's called discretion." Biting her lip, Kat watched her roommate's face. "Yes. Boring. That's me. No life." She delivered it deadpan, indicating that there was nothing boring about it. Well, she was working on that, wasn't she? Considering the prospects aboard the ship for 5 looooong years, it might get even more boring before it picked up. Unless... she... stirred the pot. But she was not going to get involved again. Not on the level she'd been before. Not...

"No life at all."

Shelly bounced up, more interested. "Oooh! This sounds juicy! Spill, Kat! What goes on when I don't get to see you?"

"I'm on duty, Shelly." Kat raised her eyebrows, the slyest of smiles touching her lips. "Isn't it almost time for you to be?"

"You're not on duty," Shelly informed KAT humored. "And yes, it is almost time for me to be on duty, but come on, Kat!" Shelly pled.

"Nothing goes on, Shelly." Smoothing her hair down she turned to start tugging out her exercise clothes, and boxing gloves. "I'm boring. Like a Nun, or something." But that could change. Oh yes, given the right circumstances, the right... timing... that could change...

"How about with you?" She turned, holding onto her bag like a protective shield. "The Captain has a lot of your attention... anything you might want to share?"

"Oh, come on, KAT. You mean to tell me that you, of all people is chaste?" She gave an expression of utter disbelief. "You're one of the best looking women on this ship. I find it quite difficult to believe that you have been sitting on the bench. And as to me, well, I had some interest in an ensign but that didn't go far or long. Isn't that always the case...?"

"You flatter me, Shelly," Kat said, and stuffed a towel into the bag. "I've been... biding my time, so to speak." A year was a long time to bide, but she hadn't managed a full tour of the ship. Just the Bridge, and now Engineering, and that wasn't a great place to do any indepth exploration. She hadn't even had that long a conversation with the CMO before today, except when dealing with items of a personal nature and met the CSO in interesting circumstances. "No opportunity has... presented itself." Kat avoided the glance.

"No opportunity? You are kidding me, right? There's slightly over 200 people on this ship. That means approximately 100 are male (unless you like women, too, in which case double the pleasure, double the fun) and if you care about marriage, there's not that many who are married, so that's plenty of opportunity, KAT...."

The slightest twitch showed at the corner of her mouth as Shelly said the 'm' word. "I'll just go jump the first person I see in the corridor on the way to the gym then, shall I?" Kat tried to keep the tone light.

"That wouldn't be boring, would it?"

"No, it wouldn't!" Shelly exclaimed excitedly. "Oh, gosh! I would have to hear all about it, too! Promise me you would!"

"Discretion, Shelly," Kat said. "I can't promise a damned thing."

"Oh come on! I won't tell!" Shelly whined lightly.

"We'll see," Kat said vaguely, having no intention on jumping a single soul on her way to the gym. There was tension to be worked out... and she might take it out on entirely the wrong person.

In entirely the wrong context.

"You just keep looking, and I know you'll get an Ensign or two following you around like puppies, Shelly."

"I'm not too worried," Shelly said with a little blush. "But now you have me concerned about you. Then again, whoever does manage to get you is likely in for a treat.... A year of pent up energy! Lucky guy!"

Kat laughed and felt the heat rise to colour her cheeks. "Don't you worry about me, Shelly." Shaking her head slowly she tried not to laugh. "I'd be more concerned about him."

"Concerned for him? Why? You think you would break him?" she asked with a giggle.

Cracking her knuckles slowly she shrugged. "You never know." It was getting harder to hide the smile. "But who knows, I might go easy on him." Roman-Greco wrestling was only a two minute match, right?

"Oh, why bother going easy? I know if I had a year's worth of energy, I'd make sure that I'd more than make it worth my while. Besides, doing that, I'd likely have an adoring worshiper for the rest of my life. That could be a lot fun."

And knowing her, Kat would likely have a reason to leave this ship too... "Then you go for it, Shelly." Kat's green eyes sparkled. "Adoring worshipers look better on you for sure." She could even live vicariously through her roommate. At least for the moment. Life tended to change quickly. And who knows, maybe she would find some poor unsuspecting sot on her way to work out some tension at the Gym. Tension took all kinds of forms.

Shelly blushed a bit and confided, "I don't have a year's worth of energy to get out."

"That shouldn't stop you in the least."

"I don't have the energy required to completely make an adoring love slave."

"With Lt. Boring during your shift?" Kat laughed. "You could make a whole contingent of them!"

Shelly rolled her eyes at Kat, "I have no desire for Lieutenant Boring and let me tell you, he's one of those by the book guys. A toe out of line and he might space me." She laughed, "Well, you know what I mean."

"Hmmm..." said Kat. "I know exactly what you mean." No one could tell what might happen aboard the Horizon. Especially with Shelly trying to stir the pot. That was one big spoon she was trying to use too.

"But boring might give you some time to plan. Or plot. Or scope out some additional personnel..." Kat grinned wryly. "You never know who might catch your eye..."

Shelly gave a mischievous grin and Kat and asked, "Are you suggesting that I should be scoping you?"

Kat laughed, throwing her head back and regretting it instantly. She winced and continued the laughter needing to stretch out her shoulder. "Let's work our way through the ship first before we worry about each other, shall we?"

Shelly giggled. "I'd say that you had better get on it, then."

"Don't you start ordering me around," Kat said. "There are only a few people I take them from." Her eyes twinkled with mischief. "And I've got to go... work out."

"Oooh!" Shelly squealed, realizing she hit a nerve. "Perhaps you should find the Captain and work him out. After all, you seem to take his orders...."

"Everyone takes the Captain's orders," Kat said. "I'm sure you'd happily do just that." In more than one way, Kat thought. "And I doubt he'll be wandering the corridors... alone." She almost rolled her eyes. "And definitely not someone my career would survive jumping." So just get that right out of your head, Shelly Bear...

"You don't give yourself enough credit. Please the man enough and your career is guaranteed," she stated alluringly.

"You're his PR person?" Kat asked. "You could just as easily do the same." Well, honestly, any female he looked at sideways could.

But opportunity? Was rarely found on this ship.

"No real opportunity. Opposite shifts, you know?" Shelly mourned.

"I'll put in a good word for you," Kat said. "Maybe even arrange a meeting?"

She considered something for a moment. "Surely you could find something to talk to the Captain about..." Even between shifts. Like with Kat now... Opportunities could be made, couldn't they?

"Like you, Kat, I'm just a lowly yeoman. I'm at Lieuteant Boring's beck and call."

"I hear you," Kat said. "Becks. Calls. And slim opportunities." She flexed her hand and let the tension build slowly. "But who knows what tomorrow might bring?" Kat swung the bag carefully over her shoulder. "Or even later on tonight?"

Shelly laughed as she bounced to her feet. "Well, I will be cheering for you to break your streak."

"That's one," Kat said, laughing. Because she wasn't sure if she was convinced. But she was open to the possibility... and maybe that was all it might take.

Shelly headed towards the door, "I don't know, KAT. Seems to me that you're thinking about breaking that streak sooner rather than later. Go get him or get Lieutenant Boring."

"We'll see, Shelly, we'll see." Kat said and watched her go. "Not sure who'll get broken first." But it might be messy. Better head for the Gym. It was safer for everyone. "Have a good shift."

"Thanks. See you when you're ready to rise." She then added with a coy grin, "Or after you got someone else to..."

Kat shook her head and waited for a five count before exiting her quarters with her bag and all of her paraphenalia. Gym was exactly where she was heading, no matter how much Shelly pushed...

Tags (or not)

JP between Roommates Yeoman Katarina "Kat" Tell and Yeoman Michelle "Shelly" Noonen, Thanks Amanda Rose! I think...

USS Horizon
Yeoman 1st Class, Katarina Alicia "KAT" Tell
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Current Mission Logs”