Welcome to the Southern Pinwheel Galaxy (Day 3)

Moderators:Dryad Wood Host, USS Horizon Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Welcome to the Southern Pinwheel Galaxy (Day 3)

Postby Amanda Rose » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Gary let at least twenty minutes pass from KAT's leaving the meeting room while he put some finishing touches on his speech. He was not convinced that the speech was great but KAT had advised him to speak from the heart. Arkady and Mary had expressed that he should keep his message hopeful, as if there would be a chance to potentially get back home. He hated misleading the crew but he had to admit that it would be a good bandage while they sorted out their current situation and found a temporary base of sorts. Convinced that he had to do something sooner rather than later, as all the people in the meeting suggested, he headed to the bridge.

Once there, he sat in the Captain's chair and without ceremony hit the communication button that would open up channels throughout the entire ship. His voice was optimistic and yet solemn as he spoke, "Crew of the Horizon, this is your Captain Gary Alexander. As many of you know, Horizon encountered an uncharted anomaly. The anomaly grabbed the ship and we were unable to escape it. We took all measures to try to escape it and protect ourselves from the anomaly. In so doing, however, our ship was damaged and we were thrust a great distance away from home. Our sensors tell us that we are located in the Southern Pinwheel Galaxy. That means that we are approximately 15 millions light years from home. However, we have to believe that if there was a way here, there must be a way back home. I assure you that I, and the rest of the Command Staff will do everything in our power, with all of your assistance to make sure that we explore all options for that possibility.

"As your commanding officer, I assure you that I will do everything to make sure that this crew and ship's safety are my first and foremost priority. Like many others of you, I will be taking on a second job to keep that promise. Yeoman Tell will be coordinating all schedules, as always, to best utilize everyone for the ship's benefit. I know that this news may come as a shock to many of you. I understand that some of you may be stressed or scared. That is natural. However, this is the task that we were all trained for and I know that this, the best crew in Starfleet, has the ability to handle it. I look forward to undertaking our new challenges with all of you. Captain out."

tag - all
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Ciara Mei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ciara Mei » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 pm

“Allez, fichue chose!” Ciara yelled at the systems in Astrometrics. Her first time as head of department and this is what happened. Sparks shot away from the controls she was at. “Vraiment? Fine then, I’ll use the controls over there.”

She had been ignoring everyone else on the ship since they went through the wormhole, other than when she’d been found unconscious and taken to sickbay. Somehow, she felt guilty about the fact that they were there. Could it have been avoided? No, but that didn’t make the feeling any less true.

Ciara moved to a control that wasn’t shooting out sparks and added the prior one to her list of repairs. She hated to do the repairs, but knew the engineers were busy enough and the scientists could handle these repairs. She knew there had been a meeting at some point earlier, but she didn’t even bother showing up. There was to much to do, and she didn’t want to face the Captain or anyone else for that matter.

Placing a hand to the side of her head, she winced. “I thought this mal de tête would be gone by now. Probably need to sleep.” Shaking her head clear, she started to take notes on her PADD as she heard the comm system go on, and the Captain’s voice rang through.

As the Captain’s message finished, Ciara gritted her teeth. “Uncharted anomaly. Sans blague!” She did know that she needed to let the Captain know she was alright, but still did not want to face him. Giving in, she handed the job of scanning the area off to someone else and headed out of Astrometrics off to find the Captain.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Ci made her way up to the bridge, PADD still in hand. She had to at least make an appearance, even if the Captain wasn't up there. The message that he'd given to everyone gave her a lot more to think on since they'd be looking for a way back home. As the door opened, she looked around, realizing the mess that there was up there.

Gary noticed the door open and swung his chair around to face it. He smiled seeing Ci on the bridge. "Ah! There's my Chief Science Officer!" he told her playfully. "How long did you think you could avoid me?" he asked playfully.

Ci's eyes locked onto his and she frowned. "I wasn't avoiding you, Captain." Her accent seemed thicker than normal, which it tended to do when she was frustrated. She held up the PADD. "But I do have a report for you."

"Very well. You can give it to me in Meeting Room B." He left the innuendo out there to be taken or not from the words, "give it to me." He turned to Mary and said, "Commander, you have the bridge. Let me know about if anything new develops immediately." With that, he headed to the turbolift with Ci.

"Vraiment?" Ci whispered to herself as she lowered the PADD and sighed. "Fine, Meeting Room B." She allowed the Captain to pass and followed to the turbolift. What was with the look and the innuendo? she wondered.
(OOC - translation: Really?)

tag - all on bridge

Gary and Ci traveled down the turbolift and headed to Meeting Room B. He walked in and sat down. "So, where has my favorite science officer been?" Gary asked, motioning for Ci to make herself comfortable.

Ci followed in and sat down in one of the seats. "Favorite science officer? Captain, you barely know me." She ignored that and continued. "In Astrometrics, trying to salvage what we have left of the systems down there. Sensors will take time to repair fully."

"Barely know you?" Gary answered. "Emphasis on the bare or is it for lack of effort?" Gary asked with a laugh. "So how bad is it and do we have the resources for the repair?"

Ci's eyes rolled a bit. "Most likely lack of effort, Captain." She slid the PADD over to him. "We have the resources on board, but everyone is exhausted. Manpower is lacking because of lack of energy."

Gary nodded. "That is understandable. Unfortunately bed rest is not something that we will have the luxury to have much of."

"Which is why I'm dealing with a headache and not sleeping it off. But, Captain, if we are to be able to find a way home, I need people to fix the sensors and keep them running. I can not do that with a tired team."

"Which is why everyone will be taking on secondary duties, including myself. Has the Commander filled you in our status? You weren't at the Chief meeting."

Ci shook her head. "I haven't talked to anyone since I stuck myself down there. I was hoping to have some things fixed up before I reported to you. But it seems I have failed in that task. What was the Commander supposed to tell me?"

"Nothing in particular but since you failed to make the meeting, I will have to fill you in briefly. We are in the Southern Pinwheel Galaxy. Worm hole," he told her seriously. "The ship's structural integrity is weakened. Getting home is unlikely at best but to keep people focused we are giving them hope where none really exists. Priorities are finding suitable environments for us to have a base and for us to replenish and grow new resources."

Ci felt her eyes go wide. "Explains the readings I have been table to get. Damn. I figured out the wormhole bit right before we got pulled through, but the next thing I remembered after that's waking up in sickbay." She sat back for a moment, attempting to straighten her blue uniform skirt a little, "that is why I need my sensors back, Captain. We can not find a location for a base if I don't have them."

"I'll be happy to give you whatever special attention that you need in handling your repairs," he told Ci flirtatiously. "What is down? We have our navigation sensors and have been performing some scan."

"Special attention? Now, really Captain, there are surely other places your skills could be used." Ci's stress had gone down some and she was now realizing exactly how he was sounding. "Long range and some of short range are still down."

"I am an Engineer by trade, Ci. I live for the hands on experience."

"Hands on experience? So I've heard." A smile crept onto her face. "If you really feel like getting under the controls and attempting to fix them, you are more than welcome to."

Gary grinned. This was the Ci that he knew and remembered from selecting crew members. "I think science is a priority on the ship, so I think it will be a worthy endeavor."

"A worthy endeavor? You think science is really worth all of the...trouble?" Ci grinned back at him, adjusting her uniform again.

"AT this very moment, science and engineering are the most important departments on the ship."

"The most important? I suppose that could be true. I suggest, then that they work together to get this all sorted out, don't you?"

Gary noticed that Ci had been adjusting herself flirtatiously. He was not about to leave it unrewarded. "I think that is a fantastic idea. Of course, the bridge would have to be informed that we are working together closely."

Ci gave a frown, "But that is no fun. If we get it all fixed quickly, then you can go back about...whatever it is you do as Captain."

Gary gave Ci a quirky grin. "Perhaps I could take a moment to take a quick look at what i will be assisting you with."

Ci leaned forward a bit, an eyebrow slightly raised with a grin, "A quick look, you say? I suppose I can allow that, Captain."

"Could you now?" Gary asked interested. "Then you should continue your report as you take me to where I should get this quick look."

"There isn't much more to my report. Let's see, no planets in the general area that the sensors can reach at the moment. Already said long range sensors are down..." Ci smiled. "Take you to where you need the quick look? Oh, there are many places that could be, Captain."

"Indeed?" Gary asked, his interest piquing. "Given my time is so very limited, what would you like me to see first?"

That was actually a rather good question. Ci giggled a little as she stood up, again fixing her uniform. "I do have all of the power readings back in...Astrometrics. No one else should be there right now, so you should have a clear view of what is going on."

Gary wondered why Ci was choosing this particular day to make a serious move on him. He had Mary. KAT would likely understand. Talia and him had made a connection earlier today. Was it the stress and everyone needing to blow off steam in a similar way? He watched as she fiddled with her blue uniform that hugged her in all the right places. "I suggest we get there quickly, so I can personally evaluate science's situation."

A nod from Ci and she started toward the door. "Shouldn't be to long to get there. Shall we?" She noticed the slightly confused look on his face, and she honestly didn't understand all of this either.

"Ladies first," he insisted as he waited by the door, getting a nice profile view of her.

Opening the door, Ci stepped out and let him step out as well. Walking along the corridor a bit, she looked back at him. "Think you can actually handle the repairs that need to be done?"

"I have only had one repair that I was unable to completely handle," he said remembering his ex-wife as he watched Ci's ass when she stepped out. It had been too long since he had gotten a good view of it.

"Only one? That is rather impressive." Finally, they reached Astrometrics and Ci glanced inside to make sure no one was actually in there. "They actually listened and are off doing smaller repairs instead of standing in here."

"So a big repair is needed in here?" Gary inquired.

Ci stepped inside with a nod, "Bigger than other locations. And one of the controls decided to get upset and start sparking at me before I went to the bridge."

"I could see why something would shoot sparks at you," he teased. He moved over to the panel that had some clear burn marks. "This one?"

Following, Ci nodded again. "That's the one, maybe it was upset before I swore at it a few times..in French."

Gary gave a few disapproving noises. "Tsk. Tsk, Ci. You should know better than that. Instruments like to be spoken to nicely." He moved over to a supply cabinet and pulled out a set of tools and popped open the panel. "Let us see what we have here...."

Ci's eyes rolled as she watched him already starting in to work. "Don't you think that the controls can be..taken care of later?"

Gary was torn. He did love tinkering but he was interested in Ci's game, as well. He looked up from his task. "Ah, that is right. You wanted me to take a quick look, not complete a repair...."

She moved over and leaned against the console that he'd just popped open. "Right, just look. So, what is the diagnosis of the console here?"

"It is shorted out. A great deal of rewiring and rerouting is going to be necessary," he reported. "Definitely a hands on and sensitive job."

"Hands on job? Sounds like something you can handle, Captain." A wide grin crossed Ci's face as she moved herself a little closer. "Are you sure it'll be a sensitive job though?"

The Captain caught Ci's drift. "All the most worthwhile jobs are," he told her with a grin and rising from his position at the open panel.

"Shows what I know about those jobs then. I just get them done and move onto the next one. Normally doesn't look pretty when I'm finished with it." Ci smirked, "The engineering type jobs that is."

"That a fact?" Gary asked interested. "Perhaps you need some special tutoring on how to handle an engineering problem."

"Something you are willing to show me, Captain?" Ci asked with a sly grin on her face.

"When we have a more appropriate amount of time," Gary confirmed. "Hopefully you will not wear yourself out doing these repairs. It would be a shame for you to not have the requisite energy for lessons."

Ci's face went a little sour. "I don't wear out easily, Captain. Perhaps that is something you will have to find out for yourself."

"We shall see, Lieutenant. I shall look forward to testing your stamina for learning this evening."

"This evening? So soon? Well then, I do look forward to this. What time do you wish to test out my stamina for learning?"

"If you believe that science needs attention at another time and is not a priority, I can arrange for another evening."

"Now Captain, I didn't say that. Science is a priority, as the ship can't really run without it. Unless you know something I do not."

"Then I do not understand why you would think I would not prioritize science," he told her with a mischievous grin. "I will have to verify with KAT that our schedules are compatible."

Ci grinned, "Where is it you'd like to give me these lessons you speak of?"

"I will have to consider that. After all, an interruption in lessons would be unacceptable."

"I'm sure you can come up with somewhere we wouldn't be interrupted for however long they will take, Captain."

"Indeed. Now, Lieutenant," he told her professionally as a male science officer walked in, "I must get back to the bridge. Others may require my assistance," he told her as he purposely brushed against her, hiding a little pat on her butt as he passed her by.

"Yes, Captain. I'll send you my full report once I have it completed with a full list of repairs that are necessary." She did her best to hide a smile as she felt the pat on her butt and then looked to the other officer. "Finished your job then I take it?"

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Junior grade Lieutenant Mark Trumbell gave Ci a suspicious look. "Yes, but it hardly seemed significant compared to what I see in here," he told her. "Would you like me to handle this now?"

Looking at the opened panel, Ci nodded. "If you think you are up for the task, Trumbell. Now, get to it while I finish my report."

"Aye, Ma'am," he told her looking at the opened panel, tools, and lack of repair. Again, he looked back at her. Surely she could not be involved with the Captain. Everyone knew that the Captain was hiding his relationship with the Commander and/or the Yeoman or both. "Do you think that the rumors are true, Lieutenant?" he asked open ended.

Ci's eyes went wide as she sat down to work on her report. "Rumors? Which rumors might those be? There are many on a ship of this size."

"True," he confessed. "How about the one that we are permanently stuck out here?"

"Surely you heard the Captain's announcement. And we won't know that until we get the sensors back up and running, which is a priority. Chop chop," she stated as she remained in the seat.

"What if we are?" he asked, obviously shaken while he was doing the repair. "What will we do?"

Ci lowered the PADD and sighed, "Then we make the most of it. Find what there is out here."

"And do what?" he asked. "Settle? Stay on the ship? You know as well as I do that one hit in the wrong place and we lose our food supply. I'm surprised it survived getting here."

"We won't know unless that comes up, Lieutenant. Believe me, I know you're right. But we have other things to worry about."

"Like what?" he asked interested.

"Getting the ship at least functioning enough to find any new supplies if we need them, which we no doubt need in some department. And we can't hunt for those unless long range sensors are working."

"You're rather single minded on the sensors, aren't you?" he asked despondently. "So why did the Captain come down here?"

"He's an engineer, wanted to survey the damage," Ci said without hesitation. She knew how to play the parts. "Said a lot of rewiring was required."

The Lieutenant admitted, "He knows his way around a ship. That is certain. This is bound to take several hours."

"And once I finish my report, I'll do what I can to help until he calls me back in. I've been hiding down here and he wants to go over everything that science needs."

"That's very considerate of him," Trumbell admitted. "What do you think of him and the Commander?" he asked again open ended.

Ci eyed Trumbell for a moment before lowering her PADD again. "All these questions are keeping me from my report. But I believe they are fit to command the ship. This is going to test them, being out here. But I think they can handle it. Why all the questions?"

"Just was curious as to whether you thought this would affect their relationship."

"Us ending up out here? Possibly, to start with. If they are really good at their job though, they will tough through it."

"Not their professional relationship," he told her with a laugh. "Though, I suppose that's at risk too...."

Ci shook her head. "Their personal one? I'm hoping you meant the fact that we're out here and not in the area of space we know..."

"Why are you hoping that?" he asked her with a grin, feeling like he had his commanding officer trapped.

"Because of all the rumors around the ship, how many people the Captain likes to...woo...so to speak." Ci eyed him, "Wipe that grin off your face, Lieutenant."

"So you like the fact that he has slept with nearly every alien species we've met? It doesn't bother you? Why didn't he do it on Sigma Iota II and stayed so very close to the Commander?"

Ci put her hands up, "What a man does in his personal life is no business of mine. He obviously has a...reputation." She was doing her best to keep her accent from coming on to thick. "And I have no idea on your last question. I'm not one to ask."

"You're not in the least curious?" he continued to pry.

"I believe that everyone is that knows him. Is it really our business to pry into our Captain's personal life? And you seem to be trying to dig into mine." She frowned at him, "I'm not stupid. I know what is said about me as well. Everyone knows what happened to me at the Academy."

"Do they?" the Lieutenant asked. "What did happen to you at the Academy, if I may ask?"

"You haven't heard? You are one of the few. Let's just say I got...reprimanded. And lost a quarter of credits."

"How did you manage that?"

Ciara realized there was no escaping the question. "Let's just say they found me in one of the instructors offices."

"How did they find you?" The lieutenant's gaze now straying from Ci's eyes to a lower location.

"Les yeux avant, Lieutenant!" (Translation: eyes front!) Ciara's eyes went a little darker gray.

"What?" Trumbull asked confused.

Ci had slipped up and brought her French out. "I said, eyes front. You don't need to know how they found me if you don't already know."

He snickered. "If you insist Lieutenant."

"What are you finding so funny, Lieutenant?" Her eyes were still a darker gray than normal.

"Absolutely nothing," he replied trying to hide a smirk.

Ci stood up and walked over to him. "Must be something, or else you wouldn't be trying to hard to hide that smirk of yours. Out with it."

"Is that an order?" He inquired seriously.

"Hopefully you don't make me make it one."

"Under what authority?" He asked. "Are we no longer allowed our own thoughts?"

Ciara glared at him for a moment and swore under her breath in French. "Just get back to work," she said as she went to sit back down again.

Feeling more confident in himself, he did just that.

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:33 pm

KAT listened carefully to the message that the Captain had given, and closed her eyes, listening for his inflection. Sincerity, honesty and... there, just a hint of hope. Not a lie per se, but at least providing that dangling carrot for those who might need one in order to keep them this side of crazy. It was a relief to be sure; the sooner the message had been given the better... but the questions really were still out there for others to ask: "Who is really in charge here?"

Anyone who had studied warfare knew that the first battle was waged with words. And that meant communications... take control of that, and you take control of the ship. Hands down; no questions asked. Because if you could speak to the people, you could guide the people. Or own them. Lock. Stock. And Barrel. She waited for a meeting request from the Captain, but none came. Not surprising, really. He had a lot of things to do aboard, as did she, and there would have to be a great deal more coordination of schedules and rotations if they were to at least give the impression they were maintaining a Starfleet vessel. Which they were, until she was told otherwise.

But a request did come through, one to verify schedules between Chief of Science and the Captain. KAT rolled her eyes and grinned a little as she matched up their evening to clear at least a sufficent amount of space for them to... have a meeting of their own. Adjusting the schedule slightly, she looked at Wells, Commander, and made sure that they were at least working on their joint project through that timeframe. It was only slight, and probably quite understandable, given the extent of her own ability to juggle her own schedule. She put in all the requests directly to the Captain and expected approval quite quickly. She also had moved the meeting that the Captain and she were supposed to have until the following morning, regular time. No need in providing a scheduling restriction or walking in on him during a particularly... vigorous discussion.

After all, she'd been doing this for him since she arrived. Since that freed up her evening, it seemed just the right time to head for the gym... it was always good to work off some stress there before it became an issue. And that was one more thing that the Horizon didn't need right now: The Captain's Yeoman having 'an issue'. Slipping her PADD into her bag with all of the regular things, she shoved a bottle of water into the side pocket without thinking. Until that moment, it had been an automatic gesture... and now? Well now, it was just one more thing that couldn't be taken for granted. Sighing softly, she threw the towel across her shoulders and headed for the door.

This was a much needed break... from the world she no longer knew, nor had control of. This might prove more... challenging than she had imagined.

Tags anyone / no one.... whatevs. :)
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:10 pm

The Captain looked at his PADD and noticed that his meeting with KAT had gotten moved. He appreciated that KAT had synced his and Ci's schedule. That would be fun but he knew that one meeting a day would not be enough. Not to mention that KAT meant more to him than probably anyone on the ship.

He knew that she likely was going to go to exercise. After all, KAT was a creature of certain habits and he knew hers better than anyone. He marched his way to KAT's quarters, hoping that he would not bump into Shelly.

Kat was pondering the water bottle, tucking it into her bag as she left her quarters and ran into something soft and immovable. Her reflexes were immediate and she hopped back, looking to see what or who she had connected with.

It was the second time in her recent memory that the Captain had met her outside of her quarters, and she looked curiously at him. "Sir?" she said, highly aware that she was out of uniform firstly, and thought that perhaps he had not yet received her meeting change request.

"Something you need, Captain?" she asked neutrally as any good Yeoman would.

"Our meeting," he told her simply, eying her out of uniform. "I did not plan on changing that. Did you think that I would somehow not want to meet with you?"

Her eyebrows raised in some surprise. "I thought that I would give you some time to...um...prepare for your evening meeting, Sir," she said cryptically for anyone who might overhear their conversation. "I apologize for thinking that additional time might be required to go fully over any details that Science might outline."

Her eyes narrowed slightly, trying to read his face. "Meeting Room B then, Sir? If you can wait a moment, I can change...."

"No need to change," he told KAT with a smile. "My quarters or the meeting room are fine. Whichever you prefer."

Looking down the hall, she realized that the Captain's quarters were indeed closer. "I believe in the interest of expediency, your quarters would be better, Sir." She shifted her bag over her shoulder and across her body almost in a similar protective stance she had with her PADD.

"After you, Captain?" It was a question, not a request. After all, she was his Yeoman.

Gary wanted to laugh at KAT, still playing the professional but he refrained. "To my quarters, then." For KAT's comfort, he led the way and held the door open for her to his room so she could enter first, watching what she would do when she entered.

Moving easily past him, Kat walked to her regular place by his desk, placing her bag upon it before removing her PADD. She decided that in or out of uniform, she had a duty to perform, and she would be damned if she would let anything as silly as fabric stand in her way.

Her face, open and expectant, hand and stylus hovering over her PADD turned to him, waiting for him to enter.

Gary entered and sat by KAT. "You know, KAT, I should have you over like this more often."

She blinked in some surprise and laughed, despite herself. "Bushwhack me outside of my quarters before I work out, Sir, and you would."

"We're in privacy, KAT," he lectured her. "We've had this discussion before."

"Gary," she amended, and put the PADD down on his desk. "I was just heading out to..." How might she put this without it sounding the least bit suggestive? Relieve stress? Nope. Punch a few bags? Definitely not. Work out? No... no matter which way she said it, it would inspire something... so she opted for the easiest one, "the Gym."

With very little to show outwardly of her inner wordplay, she leaned her ass cheeks on the edge of the desk instead of sitting on a chair. "You want to know how your speech went." It wasn't a question.

"I can see that you were heading to the Gym. Still upset? Uncomfortable? And of course, I want to know how the speech went."

"Not upset nor uncomfortable," Kat replied. "Just something I do regularly to keep myself focused." She had almost stumbled into a phrase which might have held a little too much innuendo, and that wasn't what she needed right now, was it?

"I thought you sounded sincere, hopeful, and commanding," she said simply. "You were honest without going into the realm of possibility, and you promised nothing. After all, what can be promised to people here? There are far too many unknowns, Cap...Gary."

Gary put his hand on KAT's. "You're, right now, just about my only true known. I need you more than ever, KAT." Gary's eyes were sincere and concerned.

Looking directly at him, her face showing more confusion than anything else, she opened her mouth to answer him, and then shut it with an audible snap. He couldn't possibly be feeling alone right now, even in the face of everything.

She knew his evenings would be booked up with...meetings...but surely he could be considering these individuals on, for lack of a better term, "Team Gary.” She couldn't imagine someone stripping down to their bare essentials without having some level of trust.

She met his eyes with clear, concerned ones of her own, and left her hand beneath his, feeling the warmth of his palm on it. "How can that be true?" she asked, more softly than she had intended.

Gary looked at KAT confused. "How could it not? Is it possible that after all our time together that there is something that you do not understand or know about me?"

Kat shook her head and broke eye contact then. "I want you to take care and guard yourself, Gary." Her words were low, not threatening nor dramatic. They also deftly avoided his question. "This ship's dynamic has changed....and may keep on changing. And not always for the better." Her green eyes had darkened considerably as she looked back up and met his once more.

"I'm here, and not going anywhere. Duty..." well it was everything, wasn't it? After all, this was her Captain, and she had been tasked with keeping him safe and healthy, regardless of the situation.

"I am well aware that the dynamic has changed. However, for everyone's sake, I have to keep things as normal as possible. It will give purpose to everyone." He paused, sighed and then bent in towards KAT. "Hopefully, we can keep it that way." He put his other hand on top of KAT’s.
"You are as at much of risk as I am. Perhaps more and that worries me, KAT. More than anything."

"More at risk?" She swallowed a bit self-consciously and took a deep breath. "For what?"

It was as close to an exasperated question as she was going to get. "I don't run this ship, you do. I don't shoulder the burdens. You do. I don't make the hard decisions or have to step up and be the last person, the first person, the only person who can take on that responsibility."

She leaned forward. "That's all you, Gary. How the hell am I at any more risk than YOU?"

They'd had this conversation before. Gone over these points before... worried about things to come before. So what was this really all about? "What's happened?"

"Nothing yet. Arkady is a concern, obviously. But those who have insight, like our Chief Science Officer or our communications officer know that the hope that I was advised to give was nothing but a pipe dream. Someone's going to get upset with that some day. Someone's going to get upset with Mary for getting us stuck out here. And you...."

He looked at KAT seriously and concerned. "You are an extension of me. People know that I listen to you more than anyone, even my Chiefs. You control this ship in ways that I do not," he told her softly and sincerely. "Someone could take you from me. I...I...could not bear that."

Kat almost balked at that, and had to force herself to leave her hands where they were. "How do you figure that, Captain?" she asked, bristling slightly. She had slipped into her professional banter and was shocked to hear anything that honest from him. She had seen him with women, several in fact, and quite regularly.

She had even rearranged his schedule or more than one occasion, so his trysts could go relatively unnoticed by the majority of the crew. But this...this was unheard of, unprecedented and shocked her more than she could say.

"H-h-how do you figure that?" she asked, not even daring to say his name in case she stumbled over that one more.

"Figure what, KAT?" he asked her softly in a confused voice.

"That someone might take me away...from you?" Her voice was barely above a whisper, lowered to hide any emotions she might be experiencing.

Gary answered simply. "It is simple strategy. You want control over someone, take away or threaten the thing that someone most cherishes."

"So, kill me," Kat said heavily. "And maybe now is the time to diversify and spread the workload. You don't need a weakness that anyone aboard could exploit...."

She didn't want to hear that she was cherished. She certainly didn't want to hear that someone could devastate the Captain with her removal. And she certainly didn't want to hear that her risk was greater because of her unique position with the Captain either. And not just as his Yeoman... but something substantially more. How much and what was still undefined but it made it no less important. Or dangerous.

"I'm not going to kill you and I am not going to stop using you as normal. That would raise suspicions. However, I am going to diversify," he told her apologetically.

She nodded slowly. "That's good strategy, Captain," she said.

"I can't let anyone know who means most to me, KAT. Perhaps when we can determine what the dynamics will be. Maybe then.... But I also need you to help me hide what I am doing, like you unwittingly did with Ci."

"Of course," she said quickly and without pause. This was duty, plain and simple. And she would follow orders because that's what she did. "Will I no longer be your Yeoman, Sir?"

"Dear KAT, you will always be my Yeoman. That will not change. We will be as we always have in public. We can't show any signs of change." He then leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. "But," he told her in a whisper, "I want the air to be clean with you since I plan on getting close to many people, as I am sure that you understand my meaning."

She smiled and chuckled a little at the meaning and nodded, her lips warm from the kiss. "That has never been a problem, Captain," she said, and cocked her head sideways, looking at him. "Why should it be now?"

"Gary, please," he said rolling his eyes at KAT. "Here, you are, and always will be my equal," he told her softly.

"Gary," Kat corrected herself and asked again. "Why should what you do be a problem now?" She waited a moment and added, "Between us?"

Gary gave a wry laugh. "We both protect ourselves well, don't we?" He leaned in and gave KAT another kiss, this one more tender.

Her left hand moved to his cheek and cupped it in her palm as she gently returned the kiss. "Yes, we do," she replied before moving to stand. "You need to do what you feel is right, Gary." There was a pull between them, one she was sure that everyone who had ever sat in this office had felt in one form or another.

She had never faulted him for pursuing others, nor judged him. What for? He was who he was, and there was no reason for blame or hurt, or jealousy. She had a place, and that was all that mattered to her. Wasn't that enough for anyone?

Gary took Kat's hand and moved it in a way that encouraged her to stay seated. "If I were to do what was right, KAT...." He stopped himself before concluding, "I do not know how you have managed to put up with me."

She laughed. "Put up with you?" She sat down, letting his hand guide her. "Who's to say what's right and what's wrong, Gary?" Kat shook her head slowly. "Do we take our cues from the Vulcans? Or the antiquated human position? Or perhaps from one of the multitude of worlds we might or might not visit? Even from Sigma Iota II? How about them?"

She sighed, her chest heaving slightly in the most unself-conscious way, and she shook her head again. "Even on Earth, right and wrong are subject to a great deal of interpretation... why would you imagine that I might even have the right to judge you?"

Gary moved to KAT and hugged her closely to him. "I do not know whatever it was that I did to deserve you," he told her while kissing her on the top of her head. "But, I was not always like this. You did not know me before my divorce from Adrina. And, were circumstances different...." He stopped and just kept KAT close to him.

She wrapped her arms around him tightly, giving him the support that he was giving her. He needed reassurances, and how that were possible, for her to give... she didn't know. But there was something he wasn't saying, something beyond his ability or willingness to say. The circumstances were NOT different, so hearing what might have been would do neither of them any good.

She rested her head on his chest, pressing herself in close; close enough so that he could be reassured of her presence. It seemed that he needed that now, and she wasn't going to hold back from that. "Gary...." It was a whisper. "It's going to be all right...."

Gary nodded, his chin lightly brushing the top of her head as he did so. "I have to believe that," he told KAT softly. "As long as I have you," he told her, "I know it will be."

He pressed her in more tightly to himself. After a few moments he told her softly, "We need to do this more often."

All she did was nod and hold him as tightly as he was holding her. Whatever she was feeling was buried far too deep to be expressed. All she knew was words were only going to get in the way, and so she didn't use any to answer.

"KAT?" Gary whispered without letting go. He did not know what to do or say but somehow starting with her name felt right.

Clearing her throat, she whispered, "Yes, Gary?" It seemed rude not to respond. And this was safe. For now.

"I..." he started and then stopped. "I...." The words that formed all seemed wrong as he tried to tell her what he knew that he felt and desired. He knew that she probably understood. Likely, she felt the same but words had a way of being insufficient or once spoken, changing things irrevocably. He sighed and gave a short laugh at himself.

Well that answered all questions. And none. He couldn't speak either, and either laughed at the situation, at himself or a combination of it all. Her laughter was softer, but she shook a little as she did so, and curled in tighter, pressing her face into his chest.

Words. Well... words sucked. So why use them now when they so artfully avoided both of them?

Gary removed his hands from KAT's back and brought them to her face. He cupped it from both sides and said, "Come here where I can see you, please."

Letting her face rest in his hands, she tilted it up to look at him. Her green eyes were twinkling with soft humor and a smile tugged at the corner of her lips. "Of course, Gary," she said. Easy words that were easily spoken. Anything more involved would dry them up like burning paper. But easy worked...

He whispered, "Please make sure that you schedule time for us." Before KAT could object, protest, or otherwise comment, he leaned in and kissed her softly and tenderly. As each second passed, the tenderness moved towards passionate.

Us...[/[i] Kat was still trying to process what was happening as she felt the warmth from him expand into something deeper, fuller, and more. His lips on hers as she breathed in, trying to pull away, and push towards, trying to balance emotions that were fighting within her. [i]She would not be the last, not by a long shot, and certainly this wasn't going to be problematic. After all, she would have to schedule them all....

Why was her mind racing this way as her whole being felt swept into his arms, falling into something that she couldn't understand, nor pull away from fully. She balanced on the precipice, teetering between thought and emotion, between need, want and desire, and trying to find her point of balance that was being seriously undermined.

Her hands moved upwards, unsure as to whether she should push his face away or cup his head to deepen the kiss further. They hovered there midair, as if waiting for an unspoken signal.

Gary exhaled a sigh of pleasure as he continued to deepen the kiss. In this moment, he knew that he was more vulnerable than he had been since he started dating Adriana. KAT knew him. She understood him. She was there for him. And, most importantly, she accepted him without reservation. She knew all of his dirty laundry and never wavered when it came to him, professionally or personally.

He only wondered why they had avoided this for so long. After a moment's thought, while his hands moved from her face to her back so he could bring her in closer, he did know why. Back home, they could pretend not to have more than professional consideration for one another. But here, where each moment of life was precious, there was no ability to hide. And, given the game that he was going to play, with KAT being so necessary to keeping the many ruses or at least keeping his commonly understood persona going, he had to let her know the depth of his truth regarding her.

He knew that she knew at some level but that likely scared her. At least, without the words, she could understand. He wrapped his arms more tightly around KAT, each kiss filled with more desire.

Kat swallowed reflexively, a well of emotions opening up within her, threatening to overwhelm. They twisted amidst the memories she had done her best to avoid, to bury and leave in the depths of her soul. She fought them, beat them down within her and wrestled them harder than she had ever done before.

This, she knew. The physical without the words, the kisses without the... meaning... but she knew that she was wrong. Each one had meaning... between them, for him, and even for her. It was passion and desire. But there was an underlying level of connection she allowed to expand for fear that it would crush her beneath it. And she responded to it, as surely as thought it might heal her very being, if only for a moment... if only for this time... for their time amidst all the rest.

She had done this dance before, several times aboard in fact, discreetly and without repeat. There had been no emotional tie that bound her to any of them. But this? It made the rest feel like she had been toying with them. This? It swept her into it, and her lips parted slightly, cheeks flushing as she gave herself over to it all. Was it Gary? Or the moment? Or even the connection she had been feeling from the very start? Or maybe it was something they both simply needed, and this unnerving something would finally be laid to rest.

Gary felt KAT's mouth part and his tongue teased at her lips and started searching for her tongue. Once found, the two engaged in an elegant dance between them. Gary could not describe it but he could feel the teasing, the romance and the fire intermingling with one another. Had KAT and he been on a dance floor, he might describe it as a Tango but to him, it was much more than that. Perhaps it was the dance of an Orion slave girl but KAT was neither green nor performing a dance for him. If this was merely their kissing, he could only marvel at what the rest of their special dance would feel like. The anticipation of that thought only built his excitement more. He wondered if he was going to be late for Ci. If he was, he did not care. All that he wanted to feel was KAT.

Her cheeks felt warm, she was sure of it, and as she thought on it more, she realized that she was warming all over. She was acutely aware of every point of contact between them, from his tongue playing with hers to her hardening nipples that pressed into his chest through layers of clothing.

It felt... and she realized with a start that it DID in fact feel.... it reached inside of her chest and melted a chip of ice she had thrust inside of it for safekeeping. Her eyes widened in some shock and she tried to pull away; self-preservation kicking in before it had gone too far... before she had let it go too far. It felt so good, yes, but what it could do to her, to THEM... Nothing was worth this risk. "Gary..." she whispered against his mouth, trying to pull back, to find herself in the jumble of broken walls that were slowing crumbling around her.

As Kat started pulling back, Gary kissed her neck and down her neck. He could feel her breasts perking through her tube top. She was enjoying herself and everything was finally right in the universe. He sighed dreamily, realizing that KAT had called his name as he was kissing. "Yes, KAT?" he asked in a far away whisper.

Heated lips left trails of desire in their wake, and she trembled in his arms, the emotions rising and threatening to sweep her away and into them. There was a fear inside of her, but one she couldn't define. Losing herself wasn't an option, and jealousy over sharing someone wasn't even within her nature. So, what did she fear? Her thoughts collided with her emotions, battering at her own defenses as she leaned in and kissed him with all that she was.

She held nothing back, and suddenly didn't understand why she had even thought it was necessary. It seemed trivial... everything else seemed trivial as she gave in, and gave over herself to everything she was feeling. "Nothing," she managed to say before nibbling on his lower lip, her hands moving slowly and with purpose, plucking at fabric, and seeking skin that was teasingly just out of reach of her fingertips.

Gary did not resist KAT's plucking as his hands slid under her top and started moving it upwards. Something about this moment felt so natural and right. The conclusion was inevitable in Gary's mind but KAT was to be savored.

Each kiss leaked out more of Gary's emotions: desire, tenderness, passion, and the connection that they shared. He dared not name that emotion. All he knew was that he had to remove all the barriers between them. He knew that as each layer of clothing was peeled, so would another non-physical barrier. The core of who they were would be revealed.

She had laid out these clothes countless times, taken them to be cleaned after passionate, needy and lustful shared moments with so many before. Which meant that she should remember how they tug, pull, reveal or otherwise part, but her brain had ceased working about 10 minutes ago. Her fingers were even more useless, and she began sliding her fingers in and under, trying to find the bottom, an edge, something she could pull without shredding the fabric.

It was slow, and paced but not methodical at all. But time seemed suspended as she took it to explore, to reveal and to tease each newly discovered part of him. Her patience and bumbling fingers finally found the way in, and she rolled up the shirt sliding it sensuously against his skin. Her mouth hadn't stopped moving, her lips heated and parted, tongue sliding along flesh as she leaned forward and then upwards to meet Gary's lips once more. She was lost in it, held back for so long, and wrapped her arms around him again as heated skin slid against heated skin.

Leaving Kat's lips were not a desirable option; however, if he wished to be able to move freely along her body, he had to get her top over her head. Apologetically, he pulled her back slightly and then lifted her arms up to lift her top up and off her.

Desiring no loss of contact, as soon as her lips were visible to his eyes, he bent back in and kissed her as her top was coming off. His hands traced her arms downward and then again upwards, exploring what he had so many times touched but never like this. His hands lingered for moments at a time, as if trying to memorize each square inch of her as they traced. But eventually they came down, tracing down her sides and back, teasing as if they would move to her breasts but never quite reaching them.

Pressing her closely again to her, now able to feel her hard nipples against his chest, he encouraged her with his body language to rise from her seated position at his desk.

The air felt cooler against her skin as Kat felt her top lift up and over her head, her lips cooling as well but only for a moment. Kisses pressed heatedly once more against her mouth, hands and fingers teased her flesh as goose bumps raised in reaction to the teasing touch.

Then the chill of the air that puckered her nipples further was replaced by heat that seeped into her, pressing against her, lifting her. She had no choice but to lift with it, clinging to Gary as her legs nearly threatened to give way beneath her. She stood. But barely. Her knees trembling like the rest of her, she melted into and against him as the heat within her rose to match his.

Gary felt KAT's body giving way and he supported her. At some level, he understood her trembling. There was excitement mixed with nervousness. They were so close and yet, they had never been close like this. It was almost as if he felt the trepidation of a virgin knowing that he would no longer hold that title.

Kissing down from her mouth, he again kissed to her chin and neck. He then allowed his tongue to trail downward as he moved from her neck to her collar bone. He kissed along one side of it and then downwards. There was no set pattern as he moved down towards her breast, stopping short of her areola and moving along towards the other side. His hands during this time trailed to her hips. He kept a firm yet gentle grip on her as he slid his fingers under her shorts. Keeping her steady, he gently lifted the shorts over her hips and pushed them lightly downward, allowing them to fall from her body.

He was tasting her flesh, teasing it with his mouth and tongue, leaving damp lines on her skin that dried, cooling as it did. Instead of easing the heat, it caused a sharp rise, and she arched upward, seeking more contact, needing friction, a touch, anything along or against her very sensitive flesh.

Her own hands weren't idle; they slid upwards to trace the ridges on his chest, his arms, down his back, upward over his neck and shoulders and downwards against towards the waistband of his trousers. There were slight raises in what should be smooth flesh, and she took the briefest mental note to look at them when her thoughts were her own again, and she might be able to focus.

Shifting her hips, she felt air against her dampness and she moaned softly with the contact. Using her hands, fingers splayed as she slid her palms downward, she felt Gary's pants lift away from him and follow her hands downward. There was more fabric, so no matter how heavy the artificial gravity was, they weren't going to be dropping without additional assistance, especially if they had to crest that tented pole that was a decided deterrent to anything but the most focused of ministrations.

Kat tugged outwards and then downwards, not even looking to see if she'd managed to remove them. This was getting to be more logical than her desire-addled brain could manage, and she moved forward to rub herself upward and downward along him to feel the sensation against every part of her.

Gary's trousers dropped and as he felt them and his underwear fall to his ankles, he pressed one foot against the back of the heel of the other and lifted the foot, shaking his shoe off. He then repeated the procedure on the other side. His rod now free of its burden stood perpendicular to his body, its rigidity aiming at KAT, asking for a connection to be made.

Feeling KAT taking the initiative to rub up and down against him, he moved his hands to her firm bottom, squeezing and caressing it to encourage her continuing.

Only two nights before, he had shared his room and his bed with Mary. While Mary unleashed her inner animal and Gary enjoyed each primal moment, KAT felt like she belonged in his arms. There was a sense of belonging both he to her and her to him. He longed to feel the oneness of them. So long together and yet separated, he brought his mouth back to hers, kissing KAT more deeply, more desperately. The walls were down and for now, there was nothing in the universe but them.

Lifting up on the balls of her feet, she kissed him fully, mouth pliable, lips parted and tongue sliding along his lips. She tasted them as though savoring its flavor and lifted one leg upward to wrap around his waist. She felt nothing but this moment, heard nothing but the rushing of blood in their veins, and desired nothing but to consummate what had been lurking beneath and between them for months.

Denial was no longer an option, and she moaned hotly into his mouth, raising herself further, offering the very core of her to him. She thought of nothing and no one in that moment but them, and although when breathing resumed and reality became firmly planted beneath them, there would still be this place, this.. time between moments where they treasured each other and were united as one.

"Gary," she whispered softly, a plea mixed with the pleasure, and it rolled out of her like a growling purr.

Gary could feel KAT trying to climb him. The foot around his waist, the constant raising of herself, the pressing of her mound against his firmness. However, the six inch difference in their height frustrated her efforts.

He grabbed Kat at the small of her back and beneath her ass and lifted her up. He then walked a few steps over to his bed and lowered her back onto it as he took the opportunity to penetrate her as he did so. He remained motionless for perhaps a second but it seemed timeless to Gary. It was a magical moment that surpassed his imagination.

"Mmmm, oh, KAT," came the low growl from Gary. "Amazing...." followed shortly thereafter as he moved up and against her arching his neck so he could see themselves connected before lowering his parted lips against hers.

Kat was moving.. but her feet weren't on the ground. She had not processed what was happening until her shoulders hit soft mattress and she suddenly put it all together, just in time to feel Gary take her fully, giving her a moment for her inner walls to accommodate him before sinking into her fully.

She heard her name, felt it ripple through her, and then, oh then, they were connected within and around each other, mouths seeking, tongues tasting and she arched upward, hips rising off the bed to meet him in each thrust. She shivered with it, her whole body alive with sensation as she felt herself filled to brimming with him.

It couldn't be so.... too... not with anyone... not.... ever.... but her mind was shutting down, and her body responded, her whole being lifting upwards, to welcome him, and then resting only to do it over and over again. Her moans low and rising and her arms and legs wrapping around him as though she could cling to this feeling, and capture it in her very essence.

The moment was perfect. The timing was right. Here he was with the one person in the universe that fully met his needs. [iWhy did it take so long? Why could they not want to experience this before?[/i] Each question brought another deeper and longer thrust inside KAT. His groin muscles began to tighten as his excitement built.

As her back arched, he slid his hands underneath and moved them to her ass, grabbing it from below to encourage the tightness between them. A primal grunt escaped his lips as the heat built. His mouth opened and his tongue occasionally would not come to meet KAT's any longer, his lower body now controlling his movements completely.

She felt possessed but still her own person; shared yet giving, accepting and taken. Each movement pushing her further, higher, closer, and she could barely keep her hips from rocking against his more rapidly, more insistently...

It was an itch deep within her, scratched by Gary's continuing thrusts. It started slowly, as though she had to reach for it, fingers grasping against his arms as she lifted herself completely. And then it was upon her, through her and her inner muscles gripped along his length. She moaned in her release, a warm and strangled cry that spoke of patience and denial, of defenselessness, of plundered souls and a union felt so fully that her voice broke.

She shuddered, twisting in his grasp as everything tightened around him, urging him deeper, taking him, rhythmical squeezing and releasing in a steady and insistent pace. Her hips moved against his without thought, and she arched fully upward. Her mouth was seeking his in her shivering need, rolling inward and upward seemingly without end.

Gary noticed that KAT was lost in her sensations as she continued to arch. He pressed his body downward so that he could feel as much of her as possible. The stiffness, yet softness of her breasts pressed against his chest. And as it did so, KAT could feel his heart pounding rapidly, reaching out for hers.

His mouth closed upon hers, his teeth grazing her upper lip as his ability to control either of their positions became lost. As she squeezed upon his firmness, he could feel a tingling at his tip.
Breathing more shallowly and rapidly, he gyrated his hips at a frenzied pace. Gasping with pleasure he moaned, "Oh, KAT" in elongated tones. His eyes closed as he could feel his body heat up. He could feel something beading between them, likely sweat.

The moment was upon him and he was going to share every bit of himself, body and soul as he frantically had his tongue reaching for hers, closing his mouth over her lips.

Kat hadn't stopped shaking as though her whole body was alight. The building that had crescendoed kept rising, placing one more shudder upon the other. She could barely contain herself, control her legs, her arms, any part of her. Her hips were moving without stopping and as he kissed her, she suckled his tongue, one last sensation that kept her barely tethered to reality in this place.

Whatever was between them was palpable, almost as though it had a substance all of its own, and she gripped at his arms, legs wrapped around his hips... Her release that had come before paled in comparison to what happened then. His moans of her name called to her as she groaned loudly, voice rising higher than she thought possible.

His name on her lips as she mumbled into his mouth, arching upward with arms outstretched as though embracing the emotions and sensations that rode her nerve endings to a hard and unparalleled release.

A guttural sound came from Gary's throat as he lifted his head away from KAT's with a primal, "Oh!" His hands squeezed her buttocks hard as he exclaimed with a final thrust. He could feel himself forcefully squirt inside her and after a short moment, a second, less powerful squirt. His member tingling and his emotions spent, he collapsed against her. Arching his head so he could look into her eyes, he tried to convey what this moment felt like: the powerful release, the baring of his soul, the comfort, and the feeling of oneness. Giving her a soft smile, he held her close, saying nothing, trying to memorize every sensation and aspect of this moment.

It rose around her, touching every part of her, riding within and around her with every panted breath. What she felt, what they shared... it was something that she could not deny, and would not soon forget.

She met his eyes, half-lidded green that sparkled with an inner fire, and whatever walls that had been had been torn asunder. They shared this time as they both panted in exquisite and pleasurable release, her face flushed, her hair tousled and every part of her tuned to each moment afterwards.

Her breathing was slowing, her heart rate too, both taking on normal paces as she worked to look up at him. Her lips were puffy from hard kisses and nibbles, and her muscles were still firing sporadically. The smile was barely on her lips but could be seen and felt in her eyes, and in every subtle movement. How long they had to revel in this she didn't know, but her duty had not yet called her back into herself. Neither did anything other than the rhythmic thumping of Gary's heart as it slowly returned to normal.

She stretched and felt every muscle slowly unwind. She could sleep now, if only briefly, but there was no time or luxury for that to happen...

Gary could feel KAT relaxing. He knew that the adrenaline was dissipating quickly from him and his body was requesting sleep. Nothing would please him more to roll over and keep KAT here with him. But he knew that was not possible. Ci was waiting and while he was not thinking of her yet, KAT would likely remind him shortly.

He moved to the side of KAT, slipping out of her, warm, sticky sensations accompanying his exit. He pulled onto his side and pulled her into him, his arms completely engulfing her. "I wish..." he started and then stopped. Wishes were pointless and would likely ruin the moment.
They had to make do with their current situation and KAT had already heard some of his views on what had to happen. Gary wished for just one moment that he did not think so critically. His warm smile changed to an apologetic one as he bent in to give KAT a tender kiss.

The look said it all, didn't it? Reality had moved too soon and too swiftly to right itself between them, but one last kiss could be shared before she had to resume her duties.

She kissed him, her body slowly returning to some semblance of normalcy, and she realized with a start that she would need to shower before and after the Gym visit today. She looked around and mentally began calculating the most efficient route to collect her clothing, and frenziedly worked to ensure that she would have both an explanation and an excuse at the ready in case someone, anyone, saw her exiting the Captain's quarters.

It wasn't an oddity. In fact, she did it on a regular basis. So instead of a mild sense of panic, she simply examined it for what it was, and released it. "It's time, Captain," she said, the professional in place once more, despite her lack of clothing. "Your scheduled appointment, and I believe if I go now, you'll have enough time to freshen up before she arrives.

Gary noted the change in demeanor despite the magnificent woman in the birthday suit before him. KAT always was the stronger of them in these matters. He exhaled deeply as he moved to KAT and pressed himself against her again, wrapping his arms around her. Craning his neck to her ear, he whispered, "Make sure you schedule us more time, KAT, and if you can, a night where you would not be noticed here. My body may be at the appointment but this is where I will be." He moved back from KAT and pressed the palm of his hand to her heart.

The briefest of smiles crossed her lips, and she nodded, her hand laying on top of his. "I'll see what I can do," she said softly lifting his hand from between her breasts and kissing the palm lightly.

She lifted herself gingerly from his bed and looked back behind her. Rumpled, and in need of a cleaning. "You might want to look to that too before your appointment, Captain," she said, one hand waving back at the bed as she bent over to retrieve her clothing. She slipped things on, tugged things over, and was back in her workout clothes before the end of their conversation.

Looking back at him, she pushed her hair off of her flushed face. "Now, get going, Gary." Her eyes flashed once before she swept the PADD off of his desk and back into her bag. "It wouldn't do to greet your Chief Science Officer in quite this way... after all, a woman does appreciate SOME effort, no?"

Pulling a brush from her bag, she pulled it through her locks and drank half of the bottle of water. "Thank you, Sir," she said as she stepped towards the door, it sliding open quietly. "I'll be sure to take care of those things for you as soon as possible."

"Thank you, KAT," he replied in his normal authoritative tone. "I am more than certain you will take care of everything in the morning either before or after our scheduled meeting." He gave her a secret grin and said, "Let Ci know that our meeting ran a bit over and I will be at our meeting soon."

"Of course, Captain," she said easily, and pulled the PADD back out of her bag. She was typing furiously on it, relaying the message to the Lieutenant as she left his quarters. There were quite a few meetings that needed to be rescheduled to accommodate some things. All subject to the Captain's approval, of course.

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Kat walked down the hallway, short staccato steps pounding against the deck plating as she made her way to the Gym. No one ever bothered her on this regular walk, and there was no reason to imagine that would change now. She forced her mind from the shared time with Gary... the Captain she forced herself to say. If this had undermined their professional relationship, how could she do her duty to him and the ship?

She realised with a start that she had come full stop in the centre of the corridor, and shaking herself from her thoughts, she instead picked up her pace and began jogging. She had the shower, the workout, the schedule changes, projects on the go, and those to come... better to focus on concrete things instead of worrying about something that had little place in that growing list of items. Despite her own lethargy; endorphines still rolling around in her system... still coming down from the release, the surprising connection... how nice it would have been to simply enjoy the aftermath...

Self-recrimination reached out from the centre of her being, slapping herself soundly out of her self-indulgent daydream. No time for such frivolous things. She had things to do, and not enough time to do them. And her own needs were going to have to take a back seat to the needs of the Horizon. They were now, more than ever, needing to keep everyone united, and focused. How was that going to happen if she lost her own focus?

Gym. Work everything out at the... Gym.

Tags (or not)
USS Legacy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Ensign Talia Flowers

Talia sighed deeply. She sat at her Comm console twisting knobs, pressing buttons, and bypassing the sensor array that had blown out during their little trip through the rabbit hole. She didn't feel like Alice, but there were surely some parallels to the CS Lewis story of... a sound, cutting and undeniable, broke her inner ponderings. Chewing on her thumb absent-mindedly, she noticed something as she used the deflector dish as an amplifier. Splicing the sound waves and running it around the outer rim of the deflector, she had increased the range of her scan by almost 3.5 %.

That seemed enough for her to get an actual ping. A return on her investment... Something she didn't expect, and there it was again! Same quadrant, same spot, and clearer... repetitive... and if she could fine tune the signal, clean it up further, boost it... if the sensors could get up and running... But something or someone had to have artificially created it. She was certain of it...

Distance? Unknown. So, until she had that factor, all other things were more speculation. If she could inverse the ratio between.... "Oh!" she said aloud and punched her communicator. "Ensign Flowers to Captain Alexander. Priority One message. You wanted to know when I found something, yeah? Well... I found something..."

Tags All
USS Legacy

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Ci sat back in her quarters as she stared up at the ceiling a bit. The day was done, at least for her, and now she was waiting for the Captain to let her know he was on his way for her 'lessons.' It didn't take long for her to see a message, a message from KAT, come in. Glaring at it, Ciara frowned. "Running late? Why the enfer is he running late?"

Gary hopped into the sonic shower, his thoughts lingering on the barrier that at long last had broken between them. But they both had duties and he had to keep KAT safe. Changing into a new uniform, knowing that KAT would clean his old one either before or after their morning meeting to come, he took a look at himself in the mirror. He gave himself a warm smile. Still looking good, Gary, he told himself. Once again, he inspected himself closely. He concluded that he looked as fresh as the next day. He brought an engineering technical manual with him and headed to Ci's quarters. He rang the chime on her door.

Looking over at the door, Ci got up to open it. "Late, understatement," she whispered to herself before pressing the button to open her door. "Ah, Captain, wasn't sure when you would arrive. Got a message that you might be a bit late." She looked at the manual. "But you have what we need it seems. Won't you come in?"

Gary did as instructed and put the manual over on a desk. "My apologies but my work appears to be never done. Perhaps I could find a way to make it up to you?"

Closing the door, Ci grinned. "Make it up to me? Well, that depends on what you had in mind, Captain."

"I am late for your lessons, so it is you who must dole out the appropriate reparations. If not, I will assume that we merely need to get to the bottom of your education," he flirted.

"Appropriate reparations for you showing up late. Now what could fit into that category?" Ci leaned against the desk and pushed her hair back a little. "Well you aren't that late, I suppose we can just get down to business. If I think of something, I'll let you know."

Gary gave Ci a smile, admiring the way she leaned against the desk showing off her ample breasts. Then the hair push back, allowing him to see her face. There was no doubt in his mind that she was experienced. If only she was someone else.... "What category would you like me to fit in, Ci?" He moved closer to her, putting his hand on the manual. He then thought, "A desk is too rigid for study and the leaning could hurt my back. Perhaps you have another idea?"

Ci watched him as he moved closer to her, grinning the whole time. "I never use the desk, not comfortable enough, even for report work." She turned her head and looked out over the small room. "Two choices. Small love seat over there," she nodded toward it, "or bed over there," again, she nodded to it. "Only two places two people can sit comfortably. What do you think?"

"I think the bed," Gary concluded. "It gives you more room to spread out," he replied, innuendo being laid on thick.

"The bed it is, then, Captain." Ciara put her hand onto the manual. "Really need to learn this stuff? Surely there is some of it we can skip over," she said with a grin as she slowly started to walk over toward the bed.

Gary gave her a grin. She wanted to get down to business but Gary needed a bit more recovery time. "I have always been a big believer in starting with the basics." He sat on the bed and carefully took off his shoes. "I hope you do not mind my getting more comfortable."

"Why would I mind, Captain?" She sat on the bed herself and lifted up her feet. "Didn't notice I didn't have shoes on? I keep them off as often as possible, they aren't comfortable at all." Ci leaned back on the bed. "Basics, huh? Oh I suppose."

"Ah, you may not have shoes on in your quarters but I would not presume to do anything that would offend you, m'lady."

Ciara giggled, "So proper, Captain. My quarters are where you can always be comfortable if you wish to be. If there is..more...you need to do to get comfortable, you are more than welcome to."

"Well, firstly, if I am to be comfortable in your quarters, I would suggest you drop my title. Please call me Gary when we are off duty. Would you not like that better, Ci?"

Ci thought over that in her head for a bit and then looked at him with a sly grin. "I'm not one to argue with my commanding officer, Gary. I believe I can handle that. And since you said firstly, am I to assume there is more?"

"Oh, yes. There is much more, Ci. But there is much for you to learn and I would not want to unduly burden you with rules," he returned with a wink

Sitting up, Ci looked at him. "Oh, come now, Gary, think it will overwhelm me?"

"I have been told that engineering training can be extremely overwhelming. But, given that you likely have a working knowledge, it may not be as difficult for you."

"I may not have enjoyed my training in it, but I at least paid attention. Can't say that about some of my classmates." Ciara leaned back again. "What do you think I need to learn first?"

"If you did not enjoy your training, clearly you were improperly handled." Gary gave Ciara a knowing smile as she leaned back to emphasize her biggest assets." He flipped open the book and pointed at a random page. "Just remember that without a good engineer, nothing in science could happen."

Looking at the page in the book only for a moment, Ci moved her eyes up to Gary's. "Never denied that last part. Need people to repair what we've broken. Or even update what we already have."

Gary nodded. "Perhaps we should start with a practical demonstration. Do you have anything that is broken or could use an update?" He leaned in closer to Ci, his lips tantalizingly close to hers.

"Broken or update needed...let's see...you know, I'm not sure." She looked toward his lips then back up to his eyes. "My door wall panel has shot out a few sparks lately..."

"Has it now?" he asked curiously. "You seem to create a great deal of sparks, Ci."

"Probably a short in there somewhere, like a lot of the systems. But, you are right, things tend to...spark...when I'm around. Something we can do to...correct that?"

Gary nodded. "Well, if things spark when you are near, I would suggest that we do a thorough inspection of your clothing. Perhaps something you have is causing discharges...."

Ciara grinned, "Discharges? Now that would be interesting...There could be multiple things with my clothing giving that off, I do work in the lab quite often. How do you suggest we remedy whatever might be going on with my clothing?"

Gary had to admit that Ciara was fun to flirt with. There was a great deal to be said about the enticement and anticipation. "I would suggest that I perform a detailed visual analysis first."

"Well then, I suppose you can start doing that, Gary. Any particular...position...you need me in to do the visual inspection?" Ciara was having quite a bit of fun at this point, enjoying every single innuendo that he was giving.

Gary suggested, "Perhaps we should try more than one out. I would not want to miss a spot with my inspection. We need the best lighting possible for this part...."

Ciara sat up a little, "More than one? And better lighting?" Leaning across the bed to the nightstand, she pressed a button to raise the lighting level, "Better?"

"Indeed," Gary answered. He moved closely to her and started looking all around Ci's body. He sighed. "I'm afraid that I only am able to see half of you this way. I would suggest that you may desire to flip over."

"Right to the point...my oh my," Ci smirked as she turned over on the bed, looking back at him. "Is that what you meant?"

"That will suffice for now." Again, he leaned over her, not touching her in the least.
He made a few clucking sounds and said, "Nothing obvious can be seen."

Ci rolled back over, doing her best not to bump into him. "My uniform isn't all of the clothing I am wearing though. Perhaps there is something you are just simply missing."

"But is that clothing not underneath what you are currently wearing? Unless I have missed something else." He started looking harder.

"That is true. I'm not wearing anything else on a top layer. But that isn't to say that the clothing underneath isn't what is causing the issues with the sparks. But we can look at that later I suppose." Normally, things never with this slowly with Ciara. There was always flirting but...normally whoever she was with could not resist putting their hands on her.

Gary told Ciara, "We must be methodical about these things, do you not agree? After all, only by being methodical can we assure ourselves that there is nothing on this layer that is causing the sparks." He considered the matter playfully. "I guess we have tried a visual inspection. A tactile one is in order, now." Without waiting for permission, he put his hands on her leg and started caressing her legs upwards. When he reached her buttocks, he gave them a firm squeeze and then a playful slap. "Hmm. So far, checking out."

Ciara let out a playful giggle and moved her hand to sit on his. "It does? I don't know...tactile inspection can, at times, fail. Perhaps you need to attempt that inspection again."

"I never claimed to be finished. After all, I have only gotten one quarter of it handled." He moved on from her buttocks and felt her back, wondering if she had any support underneath her outfit. He felt carefully around the areas where he would expect bra straps.

"Won't find anything up there, Gary. But you will along my back. It couldn't be straps, I find them to..confining." A sly smile crept across her face.

"Ah," he told her professionally. "Then that will be one less thing that we need to inspect, now won't it?" He moved his hands into her hair and smelled it. "Could not hurt to pass the smell test either, could it?"

"Be careful. My hair can be a bit intoxicating. At least, that is why I've been told in the past. Perhaps that is what is causing all the sparks."

Gary ran his fingers through her hair and smelled it again. He did not feel intoxicated. Rather, he felt more tired; however, he could not let Ci know that. After all, he had hand picked, not only for her skills, but her for a potential moment like this. He sighed pleasantly. "OH, I could see how some might say that. But, I see no evidence of combustible materials here."

"That is good then. I wouldn't want to lose my hair because of it causing issues." Ciara's eyes looked over to him again. You know, there is much more to check over, right Gary?" Now her hand moved along the top of the bed and sat on his leg as she smiled.

Gary brushed her hand away. "Frontal inspection time," he told her cheerfully.

Ci smiled and laid herself back on the bed. "Easier to inspect this way, wouldn't you say?"

Gary pressed his hands at her collar bone and then started feeling downward. His hands cupped her amble breasts, feeling each inch of them, watching for any rise in the fabric.

"You must really think there is something there, Gary. Your hands are spending quite a bit of time in that location." It did not take long for the rise in the fabric to appear just as he was waiting for.

"Ah ha!" he exclaimed. "I think we might have found a problem," he told her with a quirky grin. "Definitely something that looks charged there. But I can't see it...."

"And neither can I," Ciara said as she turned herself over again. "Can't get to it unless that zipper is undone, and I just can not seem to reach it." She pretended not to be able to reach the zipper, when in all actuality, she could reach it rather well.

Gary played along. "Gee, a zipper. Where could that be?" One of his hands slid under the front of Ci's skirt as he felt around her groin area. Was she moist yet, he wondered? "Hmm," he said, his grin getting wider. "is there one here?"

Ci smirked, "Little bit higher up, Gary. And not exactly a zipper down there but..." Now it was getting to the part that she always had fun with.

"But what?" he asked, letting his hand rub against her panties.

"There is quite a bit more down there to explore, mon cher. Perhaps something down there is causing what has been happening with the sparks..."

"Is there?" Gary asked interested. This was so different than with KAT. It was playful but they both came here for essentially one purpose. There was no emotional attachment and for the first time in many years, he missed it. Quickly sequestering all thoughts of KAT, he played, "Well, I cannot see. I think that we have to remove your top layers - just for the sake of science, of course."

"For the sake of science? Well, that is why I showed you where the zipper was." Ci's eyes looked over into his. "Gary..."

Gary started unzipping Ci, his grin getting larger, anticipation building. "Science must not be ignored, Ci."

Ciara shook her head, "I realize that, Gary." She put her hand onto his, the one unzipping her uniform. "And though I'm not one to stop at this chance, and would have ripped your uniform away long ago given the chance...your mind is elsewhere..." Everything she'd said was true. And she knew his reputation as well. But if he was going to be focused elsewhere, on someone else, even if this was a heat of the moment thing, she didn't want to force him to do something.

"Nothing more than the ship's issues," he told her honestly. "I would rather not think about those now," Gary replied truthfully. "So, if you wished to rip my uniform off, you have been doing a rather lazy job about it." He laughed. "Dereliction of duty, then?"

"Ship issues? I suppose there would be a lot of those at this point," Ci agreed as she believed what he was telling her. Moving her hand away from his, she grinned. "I would have done so the moment you walked in the door. But it is the captain's proghtive to do as he wishes to first." She allowed her arms to start slipping out of the unzipped part of her uniform.

"You do have a point," he told her. "It would by my prerogative." He removed her outer clothing from her to inspect her sans uniform, stopping all other action. "Visual inspection time," he announced.

"Another visual inspection? Oh, I suppose you can do that to this layer as well." She stretched her body out a little, pushing her uniform dress aside, eyeing his clothing, wishing that she could do more than just a visual inspection of it.

Gary looked at Ci in her strapless bra that her breasts were begging to break out of. And below, a string bikini, not much wider than a thong. Gary gave a small gasp of approval. "I think I see your problem," he informed her rubbing her breasts over the exterior of her bra.

Ciara began to perk up again. "Oh you do? And what, may I ask, is the problem that you are seeing?"

"I believe that it is under here. Definitely something charged there." He reached under the bra as felt for her nipples.

"I believe you may have found part of the problem then, Gary. What are we going to do about it?" It took all of Ciara's power not to rip his shirt off in that moment as he reached underneath her bra.

"Well, I think we need to remove this bra here and get another inspection done," he told her simply but mischievously. "Subject it to all of the five senses."

Managing to reach behind her back, as if she'd done it before, Ci unstrapped her bra, allowing it to loosen. "All five? My oh my, Gary. I didn't think it would need quite that much."

"It is important to be scientific about this, is it not?" he asked her releasing her voluptuous breasts from their jailers.

Ciara gave a sly grin back to Gary. "If you are to subject them to all five senses, shouldn't you be..unhindered as you do so?" Her hand moved up to his shirt, giving it a little tug.

Gary shrugged. "I'm not sure how my senses are impaired by clothing but if you believe that it will improve results, who am I to argue with my Chief Science Officer?"

"Skin to skin contact, as your hands look for other locations that could also be causing the sparks to fly. Did my dear captain never think of that?"

"Oh, I did but if I were to take it off now, I would not be able to determine if sparks were flying merely from these beautiful mounds or whether it was a combination." He gave Ci a knowing grin. "So, experiments must continue. Visual is complete." He then placed his ear near her breasts. "Hm. No sound. Wait. What is that?" he asked in reference to Ci's heartbeat.

As Gary put his ear to her breast, Ci's heartbeat started to speed up a little. "Anyone who took basic medical training knows that sound. At least, I hope that you'd know. I believe my heartbeat is telling you that this is all quite exhilarating."

"That a fact?" he asked. "Let's see, sight, sound and feel have been completed. That leaves, smell and taste." He sniffed at her breasts. "Hm, no sense of smoke or sulfur. I guess we had better taste." With that, Gary ran his tongue around her breasts and then up and around to her nipple, letting his tongue tickle it.

"Ooo, I think taste is my favorite test." Ci began to perk up even more. "I believe that you like it as well, capitaine Gary."

"Indeed, I do. We may have something here," he told her. "Perhaps now we try your theory." He removed his shirt and pressed himself tightly against her, his arms wrapping behind her neck. "What do you think?"

"I believe," she stated as she wrapped her own arms around his neck, "That you are still more dressed than I am. How can we properly test if that is the case? We have found one part that could cause sparks, could there be more?"

Gary released his arms from behind Ci's neck and rolled off her, removing his pants. "Better?" he asked, facing her in his underwear, a bulge evident.

Ci's eyes went up and Gary's body, a grin coming across her face. "Ah, I believe that is much better. Though, you might have something that might be causing some sparks as well, Gary."

Gary shook his head in the negative. "No, no. I doubt that could be true. In fact, you said it was when you got near objects. So, I cannot be part of the cause," he told her logically with a giggle. He laid on top of her again, arms reaching around her and then brushed his lips against hers. "New theory?"

"Scientific theory, or just theory? Because, if it just a theory," Ci bit his bottom lip and then pulled her face back a little, "then I believe the two of us together could make quite a few sparks, maybe even blow out a console or two."

"Is that a fact?" Gary asked interested. "I think we should continue our scientific inquiry. He pressed his hips down, grinding against her. He then maneuvered to the side and put his arms on her side, "Over, you. On your hands and knees so I can get the best possible visual evidence," he said with a snicker.

“Need more visual evidence? Now who is the scientist?” Not arguing, Ci rolled herself over. “Like this?”

Gary felt her back along her spine with one hand and then let his mouth trace behind. His other hand nudged aside her panties and lightly started to rub her clitoris.

“So much for visual, I think you are doing tactile and taste at the same time, Gary.” She looked back over her shoulder at him, “Unless there is something you are looking at that I just don’t know about.” A shiver went down her spine as he started to rub at her. “You know, those don’t have to remain on me if it will help with the scientific inquiry.”

"They don't?" Gary asked playfully. "Well, then by all means, remove them, Lieutenant." He kissed down to her ass and gave it another playful spank.

Ci rolled herself back over for a moment so she wasn’t leaning on her hands and slipped her panties down to her ankles. After a moment, she kicked them off and hesitated rolling back over. “Now is it really fair, for the sake of the experiment, to have you so dressed and me so...nude?”

"Experiments are not about fair," he reminded her, giving her another light spanking, some pink starting to show on her rear. He turned himself over so his face was facing her mound. His finger slipped into her opening as he started to flit his tongue across her clitoris.

“Gary…” Ci’s voice came out through a moan. “Ooo, I don’t often have someone else taking so much control over the experiments I run.”

"That is a shame," he informed her between breaths. He played with her some more before stopping. "Still no sparks caused. Just one thing left to do," he told her giving her another slap on the ass before tossing his underwear to the side and letting his rod penetrated her opening.

“Mmm! Wow, Gary. I’d say you’ve done this before.” Ciara let her hands grip into her bed a little tighter before she pushed herself back against him.

Gary thrust deftly into Ci, riding her hard. He could not help but think that this is not how things would be with KAT. While physically fulfilling, it somehow felt empty. He looked over Ci's back, as he pumped. Grabbing Ci's ample breasts he fondled her nipples hoping to stimulate Ci faster. Gary wondered at how he could feel so empty while being so physically fulfilled. But, appearances had to be kept and he had to admit that there were worse bodies to physically enjoy on this ship.

“How is it you know right where to hit, Gary?” Ci felt her back arch and she thrust herself back at him, allowing him to go deeper into her. She’d done this dance many times, but never with a superior officer of this rank, let alone one with the reputation that he had.

Gary analyzed the moment. She was arching, which meant she was getting closer. What would work for her, to push her to and over the edge? "I like to experiment," he told her simply as he took his right hand away from her right breast and slapped her bottom harder. Gary smiled. She had never complained about it before. Yes, she was a kinky girl. Definitely something to be said about that.

Ciara grinned as she felt herself building, “Experiment? And here I thought I was the scientist. Isn’t that my job?” With the slap, she sped up her back thrust against him.

"I dabble," he told her as he slapped her again, redness starting to come from the pink. He thrust inside her faster, starting to be excited at his find in Ci. Definitely someone to keep around for when needs arise that cannot be fulfilled otherwise. Pinching her breast with his left hand, he rose higher, giving him a more forceful thrust.

Ci’s body followed Gary’s as she felt him rise up. “Go harder, Gary. Harder, deeper, and faster if you wish.” She looked back at him with a sly grin, “If you don’t, I’ll have no choice but to take over the experiment myself.”

Gary gave her what she wanted but decided that Ci talked too much. Next time, knowing there would likely be a next time, he decided he would gag her, maybe tie her up too. He grinned. He betted that she would really enjoy that and he had to admit that the thought was highly inspiring. Grabbing her hips, he gave her everything he had, pushing inside her with all the strength and speed he could muster.

Ciara began to moan deeply as he picked up speed. Her knuckles went white as she dug them into the sheet. How much longer could she hold off? She wanted to feel him getting closer before she released, she wanted to feel him throb deep inside of her. She thrust back at him hard, pushing him deeper still.

Gary grunted as he felt the pressure building . Had he not already been with KAT, he would have exploded by now. That thought made him smile. Visualizing KAT, he let himself go. The sound of his manhood slapping against Ci's ass, slightly sticking with each thrust became louder. Grunting harder, he could feel the moment becoming too large for him physically. He bent over Ci, calling out, "Ah oohhhh."

She could feel it, and she couldn’t hold herself back anymore. Leaning back against Gary, Ci thrust harder back a few more times before feeling herself explode hard against him. She tightened around him and then released again and again as she did her best, though she had already gone off, to build him up more and more, speeding her hips up even faster.

Gary felt Ci tightening around him and allowed himself to cum. He groaned as he collapsed over her, physically satiated. He was about to say something when he heard over the com, "Ensign Flowers to Captain Alexander. Priority One message. You wanted to know when I found something, yeah? Well... I found something..."

Gary wanted to slap Talia. He said to contact him immediately but also to be discreet. Now the rumors would fly. He removed himself from Ci and sighed. "Seems business calls...."

He walked over to the com panel and said, "Understood, Ensign. I will meet you in Meeting Room B in five minutes."

Ciara wanted to go and give Talia a piece of her mind, but at that moment she was to exhausted. “You have to be kidding me…” She turned over and eyed Gary. “No one’s been able to keep up with me quite like that. Might have to do that again some time, Cap.”

"I'm sure that we could make those arrangements, Ci. I enjoy working closely with you. Some private briefings will just have to be arranged with KAT."

“No rush, though, Gary. But you better get back to work. By the sounds of it, I might end up back on duty early if something was found.” Seems I might want to hit the shower just in case.”

"Me first," he told her. "Would not do for us to be discovered." With that, he found Ci's sonic shower and quickly cleaned himself. Dressing faster, he told Ci, "Let KAT know when you need me."

Ci raised up her eyebrow. “After everything that goes around the ship, you’re worried about being discovered with me?” Shaking her head, she slipped into her satin robe and waited her turn. Once Gary was out, she watched him dress, still admiring his body. “I suppose I can let KAT know.”

"It is never good for a Captain to be seen as if his opinion may be swayed by one crew member. And, you know how rumors are. It is best that we keep things quiet." He gave her a smile. "I will let you know if Ensign Flowers has something worth reporting."

“Rumors. I know far to well about rumors. Bonne nuit, Captain.” Ciara made her way off to the shower, letting the Captain find his way out.

Gary left without a word, somewhat relieved that Talia interrupted so he would not have to concern himself further sexual adventures for the evening or the possibility of spending the night. Not that he believed in it, but maybe fate was on his side.

Tags one and all, or none.

Ciara Mei

Postby Ciara Mei » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Ciara stood underneath the hot water as she thought back on everything that had just happened with the Captain. He’d kept up with her, which hadn’t happened in years. Normally, the men that she’d been with would have given up long before he did. Seems what they said about him was true.

Finding her towel, she dried herself up and looked around for a clean uniform. “If something is happening on the bridge, I’m not going to try to sleep just to be pulled out of bed.” Finding a clean uniform, she slipped into it after putting her bra and panties back on.

Her mind lingered a bit as she debated where she was going to go. Grinning as she thought back on the conversation she had with Trumbell earlier and the way his eyes had lingered. Just the thought of it got her a bit giddy as she went off toward Astrometrics, where she’d left him working the night shift since they had to have someone working on getting everything back up and running. Though he was science, he seemed to be pretty good with his hands and repairing things.

Stepping into Astrometrics shortly after leaving her quarters, she noticed Trumbell still working on the controls that had burnt out earlier on her. She leaned against a nearby panel with a PADD in hand, she leaned over and whispered in his ear. “Got it fixed up yet, Mark?”

Return to “Current Mission Logs”