Welcome to the Southern Pinwheel Galaxy (Day 3)

Moderators:Dryad Wood Host, USS Horizon Host

Sjet
Re: Welcome to the Southern Pinwheel Galaxy (Day 3)

Postby Sjet » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 am

Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Melissa Richards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Melissa Richards » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Commander Mary Wells
Executive Officer

Wells listened to the others debate the issues, it was clear that the doctor and a few others didn't agree with what the captain wanted. She could also see that, if there were a lot more, this could go quickly out of hand. An angry and armed crew was not something only a few of them could deal with. Gary needed to assert authority, but in such a way he didn't show weakness. However, if information wasn't shared, things could go quickly out of control.

She sighed. "Captain, the crew needs to know. They need to know enough that they understand the gravity of what we're facing, but I still haven't excluded the possibility we might be able to reverse this, if we can increase power to the shields and the engines.." she glanced at Arkady.."I think it's safe to assume anything that science has up to this point is of possible use for a long term stay if needed.."

tags

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Gary considered the opinions and decided. "I have listened to you on the issue of notifying the crew. I am certain that it is already making its way through the Ticker Tape as we discuss this. I will put this to rest in a way that keeps our chain of command intact and staves off as much emotional distress as possible. In the meantime, we still need to get to the priorities of survival and exploration. Right now, the two are entwined. I have no desire to risk everyone on this ship. Therefore, we will find a habitable planet, explore it for safety, and set it up as a base. From there, we will continue to explore and set up communications with our temporary to permanent home. We also will continue to send regular reports to StarFleet. They may not receive them in hundreds of thousands of years from now but we should hold to standard protocol as much as possible."

He looked directly at Aofie, "Until Regan is fit for action, you're the Acting Chief of Security. I want double shifts. Any signs of mischief, end it. We need everyone focused. If they cannot handle our situation, confine them to quarters and have the Doctor's medical team attend to them. Coordinate with KAT. She will have instructions."

tag - Aofie, KAT, others

Turning to Flowers he said, "You may have become one of the most important people on the ship. I need you to listen for any signs of life out there and figure out what they are saying."

tag - Flowers

"I will be assisting in Engineering when and where possible. This ship has to hold together until we can find a way to assist its weakened condition."

tag - all

"Is there anything else that concerns any of you? Let's get it all out on the table and make sure we are on the same page."

tag - all
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:20 am

Commander Mary Wells
Executive Officer

He looked directly at Aofie, "Until Regan is fit for action, you're the Acting Chief of Security. I want double shifts. Any signs of mischief, end it. We need everyone focused. If they cannot handle our situation, confine them to quarters and have the Doctor's medical team attend to them. Coordinate with KAT. She will have instructions."

tag - Aofie, KAT, others

Turning to Flowers he said, "You may have become one of the most important people on the ship. I need you to listen for any signs of life out there and figure out what they are saying."

tag - Flowers

"I will be assisting in Engineering when and where possible. This ship has to hold together until we can find a way to assist its weakened condition."

tag - all

"Is there anything else that concerns any of you? Let's get it all out on the table and make sure we are on the same page."

"We should avoid landing the ship." Wells stated bluntly. "Until we're sure whatever planet we select is safe for that. We can send down a team in a shuttle, do a general survey, and select a proper landing area we're sure is secure. We don't know what we're dealing with. All possible scans and checks for disease or unknown concerns have to be made to ensure the greatest amount of safety. Once we know that, we can put down and set up some kind of base."

tags

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:19 am

Kat looked directly at Aiofe, having kept her own council during the meeting. There was much to say, and even more to speculate, but here and now was not the time. Her loyalty was without question, and if anything was brewing aboard, she would either be embroiled right in the centre of it because of her position, or assumed to be out of it through her position... whatever position, professionally or sexually was the current opinion. This inward conversation showed nowhere outwardly, and her cool eyes appraised the Acting Chief of Security.

She nodded briefly at the Captain, then the Lieutenant, and duly noted the information on her PADD.

Ensign Flowers sucked her teeth and nodded. She'd had quite a lot to contribute to the meeting, but her careful analysis and slow focus kept her from speaking. After all, once she'd formulated an answer, the whole group of them had moved on to bigger and better things. How could she possibly manage to tell them about the lack of any energy being put out by the anomaly behind them? It was as though it was a trap... a one way ticket into this place. "Aye Captain," was all she replied, her intelligent eyes narrowing as a million ideas popped into and out of her head. She was analysing even as they sat there... an algorithm that would allow her to scan all channels and frequencies on a rotating basis in order to maximise coverage. She also put in several alarms in the low to medium ranges... classic signal levels for human communication... assuming that any life forms might be at least humanoid.

There might be anything out there... and she, well, they would have to be ready for it.

"Any other assistance you might need coordinating away missions searching for resources... please let me know. I am at the Crew's disposal."

Her voice was low, firm and soothing. Just such a thing for a comms officer that might need to tell people to evacuate the ship... politely.

Tags
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Aoife

Postby Aoife » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Aoife nodded, not entirely sure if she felt sick, or pleased that she had this sudden responsibility. Her toes curled both literally and figuratively. "Aye sir," she murmured, thinking about how best to keep things running until Regan returned. Best not to rock that particular boat too sharply.

She first looked to the Doctor. She rather liked his idea, though could see how such a lie could have repercussions in the future when the crew found out they were stranded. [i]I'll chat with you later,[i] she tried to convey with her look. There would be time. They were, after all, going to be here a long, long time.

The next person she regarded was Kat. She didn't know Kat very well at all, having not had that many shifts on the bridge at the same time as the other woman. She smiled, a brief smile of acknowledgement.

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:40 am

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Kat made a note on her PADD regarding the Action Items, Review Items and pending meetings that would invariably stem from this intial session. It was easier for her to regard such dire circumstances in a straightforward and objective manner. Anything closer, or even more involved, might result in a minor breakdown and right now? She nor the Captain could afford such personal luxuries. She could go stark raving mad later.

After the Doctor spoke, she made a note on her PADD, adding personal observations to the request. Scheduling aside, the final ok came from him.

She stepped forward for a moment, and looked at the Acting Security Chief with cool and appraising eyes. "Lieutenant Devlin," she said softly, careful to keep her voice low enough not to interrupt any other conversations, "I do believe we'll be working a bit more closely together." She nodded at the Captain. "I believe that initial assessments and personal opinions will suffice for a baseline, but a plan going forward as suggested..." She left the balance of her sentence open.

Tags All
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Gary gave a look over at KAT, "Plan going forward? For now, I make the announcement. I thought that was the table's wisdom. We will continue to explore but extremely carefully. Any signs of life, whether communications (Ensign Flowers), M class planets, or alien vessels need to be reported to me immediately. The ship will not land on any planet, moon, or other hemispherical body until we have ascertained its level of safety. Doctor, I am trusting you to keep us all alive and well. You will likely need to work with science when we find new plants and organisms to make new medicines and vaccines."

He looked over again at Mary and then KAT. "Commander and KAT, I need you to look over all of our crew manifest and find all of our crew's secondary strengths. I doubt we will be able to afford to be highly specialized any further."

Looking back at the doctor, he told him, "We can meet at some point after this meeting to address your private concerns. In the meantime," he said switching his focus to the entire briefing room, "Have we covered everything or is there something more that you think we need to discuss?"

tag - all
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Return to “Current Mission Logs”