Uniform Considerations

Moderators:Dryad Wood Host, USS Horizon Host

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Uniform Considerations

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:08 pm

There is no canon for uniforms in 2168. Since ENT is not canon (as far as I'm concerned and most of you here), we can ignore the blue uniforms that were set in 2155-2160. Of course, this leaves us with a
dilemma either way. What would the uniforms have looked like in 2168?

In "The Cage," nearly 100 years from our era, the female XO (Roddenberry's wife) is seen in long black pants and a yellow top. In the entire history of TOS, I believe this is the only woman EVER to wear pants. Every other female wore short skirts. Men on the other hand, always had the pants and the long shirt (I don't recall a short sleeved one).

So, what do you think our uniforms should look like? For the sake of reference on uniforms, I have attached the following website for your looking pleasure:

In the last incarnation of Horizon we decided to go with the Cage era uniforms, which to me means the women have the option on long pants or the miniskirts with the "trendy" thing to do being wearing the miniskirts.

Is this good with everyone? Comments? Thoughts? Concerns?
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Sjet

Re: Uniform Considerations

Postby Sjet » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:21 pm

I have to say, seeing as we're straddling the line between today and TOS, I'd go for the jump suits as the go between for utilitarian and then form.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:26 pm

I see my old link did not work. Apparently this is what they had in 2230:

And this is what they had Cage era:
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:30 pm

Well, I'm good with women having the choice between pants and skirts, and those velour looking tops that are looking awfully cozy and warm. And fitted. We should all get the nice jackets that look like they're standard issue for away missions, because they look even warmer, and space, well, is cold, isn't it?

I'd like to say that it might be sexist not to allow the men to choose between pants and skirts, or in some cases for those of the Scottish persuasion, kilts, because well, I reserve the right for women in literature to look at men's legs, with or without knobby knees.
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Our Universe”