Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 1

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 1

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon May 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Cindy first addressed Williams question about leaving the comet in one piece. She was aghast. "We are NOT destroying any natural space bodies, Mister Williams, if at can at all be avoided. Do I make myself clear? We are here to explore and study. Not to mention we are not to interfere with other civilizations. Who knows what this may represent to other cultures that see it? What might it mean if it were suddenly gone?!"

tag - Williams

She then became concerned that her own tone might have set her crew members to bickering. She took a motherly tone and said, "Gentlemen, we will not have this argument on the bridge. If we cannot work together than our enemy has already won. Let's set our sights on our objective, please."

tag - Luke, Williams, crew (for reactions)

In the meantime, the information that Nav could gather from Legacy's computer was that theoretically by entering the comet, a plasma burst from inside the comet would become cumulative. However, it was unclear if the effect would be limited in distance.

tag - Nav, Luke

The Romulan vessel entered the comet's tail and Cindy ordered the Legacy to take a position aside the comet's tail and begun the wait.

tag - all anticipating things
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Postby T-Prime » Mon May 12, 2014 8:53 pm

TK idly wonder if he could open a hole in the shields just over the helm console. The emergency systems would seal the hull breach before anyone else was hurt. Right?
"We are NOT destroying any natural space bodies, Mister Williams, if at can at all be avoided. Do I make myself clear? We are here to explore and study. Not to mention we are not to interfere with other civilizations. Who knows what this may represent to other cultures that see it? What might it mean if it were suddenly gone?!"

TK could see the Captain's point, but he was the Bridge Tactical Officer, not the head of anthropological studies or stellar phenomenon.

"Understood Ma'am, but with all due respect I thought we were here to find out what was destroying our relay stations and put a stop to it."
"Gentlemen, we will not have this argument on the bridge. If we cannot work together than our enemy has already won. Let's set our sights on our objective, please."

"And what exactly is our objective Captain. We've already given up the element of surprise and missed plenty of opportunities to preemptively engage a clearly hostile target. We are quickly running out of tactical advantages in a fight we're horribly under-gunned for. What's the end-game Ma'am. I can't pull a miracle out of my ass if I don't know what we're trying to accomplish."

The Romulan vessel entered the comet's tail and Cindy ordered the Legacy to take a position aside the comet's tail and begun the wait.

"Move the whiskers to the following coordinates to give a full sensor picture around the comet. Feed any data indicating a spike in plasma density to myself and the helm." TK 'requested' from the science station.

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Postby Azaria » Tue May 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Marian sat back and watched the sh*t show unfold before her.

She needed a drink - something much stronger than green tea.

How on God's green Earth was she supposed to make this cluster bumble of unprofessional and nitpicking children look good to the public when all she would be able to show is exterior footage and the occasional 'crewmen looking busy' shot? That's supposing they survive this farce of a tactical intervention.

Maybe they'd make another ship out of this one's wreckage and call it the USS Third Time's A Charm...

Between the horn-dog helmsman, taciturn tactician, childish captain, manic medic, and insubordinate engineer... Marian paused with a frown. Insubordinate engineer - was that really the best she could do?
Flippant Fabricator?
Mincing Mechanic?
Intractable Inventor?
Tumescent Technician?
Adolescent Artificer?
Contumacious Crewman?

F@ck it, insubordinate engineer was good enough for government work.

Now where was she?

Marian tuned back into the aforementioned sh*t show as the Captain made a show of slapping Williams' pee pee for voicing a valid tactical concern. Whatever the brass had against him, they very well couldn't deny that he was good at his job... a recalcitrant bastard with the personality of a cactus, but overall a decent officer. If you weren't his superior... or subordinate...

This silliness about not shooting a rock 'just in case', negating their hard won tactical advantage over the Romulans by revealing our ability to detect them, and various other bad calls were certainly not making Marian feel the warm fuzzies about Captain Jackson's judgement. She was even blatantly going against the advice of her XO, a renowned tactician and war hero.

"And what exactly is our objective Captain. We've already given up the element of surprise and missed plenty of opportunities to preemptively engage a clearly hostile target. We are quickly running out of tactical advantages in a fight we're horribly under-gunned for. What's the end-game Ma'am. I can't pull a miracle out of my ass if I don't know what we're trying to accomplish." Williams demanded of the Captain.

The PR Officer groaned and turned to leave the bridge. While the 'action' would be mostly taking place here, she couldn't stand the dramatics in which this bridge crew were partaking. She could only hope the XO would lay a smack down on the lot of them for this behavior - especially the insubordinate attitudes that were flying freely - but since no one was likely to say anything in front of her, she took this as her cue to leave.

Maybe sickbay could use a hand...

tags out

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed May 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Cindy's eyes darkened. She wondered why her tactical officer continued to challenge her. Was this some sort of test for him? Did she need to show that her balls were bigger than his? She knew guys like this on her sports teams. She was going to have to best him. It would be the only thing that gained his respect.

She kept her tone civil and said, "Our objective is plain. I am surprised you had not yet figured it out or understood it. We are to discover the reason for the attacks now that we know who. Therefore, we are going to try and bring that ship in peacefully or at least some survivors."

tag - Williams

The ship pulled along side the comet's tail. Legacy waited and the Romulan ship did not double back as Williams predicted. After some time, Cindy called out, "Find me that ship!"

tag - Luke

The cloaked ship had passed through the comet's tail and appeared out on the other side on its continued heading towards the Klingon neutral zone. Cindy growled, wishing she had trusted her instincts. She snapped at Williams, knowing phasers had no chance of locking, now, "Lieutenant, fire phasers at will. I don't want that ship leaving our space! Hopefully we can get their attention without destroying them!"

tag - Williams, Luke, others for reactions

Amanda Rose

Postby Melissa Richards » Thu May 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden
CMO

Vodden satisfied sickbay was ready and teams deployed if needed continued to survey through her bridge monitor the situation on the bridge. She noted the objections on the bridge from Williams and made mental notes to talk to the officer and the XO later on. For now the captain was her focus.

Assuming they didn't get blown to bits by this mysterious enemy which was assumed to be Romulan but yet unproven, Jill was already beginning to note certain issues with the captain's command style. The CMO had been concerned about fluffiness versus down to business since she'd first viewed it and the captain''s different take on how to treat ship protocol versus 'Captain Cindy' fantasy. It was definitely a factor in what she was seeing here!

"Everyone, man your stations and be ready." she ordered her prepared staff. "This whole thing could turn around and back on us at any moment.."

tags

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Postby T-Prime » Thu May 15, 2014 9:02 pm

"Our objective is plain. I am surprised you had not yet figured it out or understood it. We are to discover the reason for the attacks now that we know who. Therefore, we are going to try and bring that ship in peacefully or at least some survivors."

Survivors?! She wants to take prisoners when we'll be lucky to even survive. Well, time for that miracle I promised.

TK agreed that knowing the root cause of these attacks would be an asset, but the greater concern should have been to end the threat and prevent further loss of life. Captain Cindy was shaping up to be a classic bureaucrat/politician. TK had been afraid of this would be the case.

The ship pulled along side the comet's tail. Legacy waited and the Romulan ship did not double back as Williams predicted. After some time, Cindy called out, "Find me that ship!"

OOC: I feel I have to point out that TK didn't say they would double back, he said they would 'probably' change course. He also had them position the ship for maximum field of fire and deployed the whiskers to give a complete sensor picture. Therefore...

"Lieutenant, fire phasers at will. I don't want that ship leaving our space! Hopefully we can get their attention without destroying them!"

The Romulans exited the comet trail directly opposite their entry point. They must have gone to the same two hour tactical training seminar as the Captain. This whole scenario screamed of trickery to TK.

Despite the low probability of them not veering of course at all, there was a very high probability that their new trajectory would be near the initial course. So when the gravitational deviation emerge it practically flew straight into his gun sights.

Captain Cindy didn't even have the word 'fire' out of her mouth before a barrage of phaser fire lanced out of the port emmitters and hit something unseen at the anomoly's position. Then it exploded.

That was far too easy.

"Helm! Evade to port!"

No sooner had TK shouted the warning did a plasma ball erupt from the obscuring tail of the comet.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Thu May 15, 2014 9:47 pm

The plasma ball headed directly at Legacy. Unfortunately, Legacy's phaser banks overloaded and no further phaser fire headed out in the general direction of the uncloaked ship that now faded back into obscurity, having fired its weapon.

Cindy called out, "I need phasers! NOW! A phaser burst should disrupt it!"

tag - Nav/Engineering

Cindy was not happy with the news. With phasers unavailable there was only one thing left to do. "Luke, reverse course, emergency warp! Now!"

tag - Luke

"I need an estimate of when phasers will be back on line, Nav! I also need to know when the plasma burst is calculated to overtake us."

tag - Luke, Williams and Nav

There was nothing to it. Cindy's first command was going to end in the death of everyone on Legacy. The plasma burst was going to overtake them before the phasers could be repaired. She ordered for an emergency space recorder to be jettisoned and watched as the plasma ball got nearer to the ship. As it came closer, she noticed something amazing. The plasma torpedo was starting to break up.

tag - all on bridge for reactions

Cindy's heart leapt for joy. Maybe they would survive. She knew that she would not make the same mistake twice if they survived! The weakened plasma blast rocked the Legacy. People and instruments were thrown about. Cindy called out, "Status report. Damage report. Sickbay," she finally called, "injuries?"

tag - everyone

Amanda Rose

Postby Melissa Richards » Fri May 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden
CMO

The plasma ball headed directly at Legacy. Unfortunately, Legacy's phaser banks overloaded and no further phaser fire headed out in the general direction of the uncloaked ship that now faded back into obscurity, having fired its weapon.

Cindy called out, "I need phasers! NOW! A phaser burst should disrupt it!"

tag - Nav/Engineering

Cindy was not happy with the news. With phasers unavailable there was only one thing left to do. "Luke, reverse course, emergency warp! Now!"

tag - Luke

"I need an estimate of when phasers will be back on line, Nav! I also need to know when the plasma burst is calculated to overtake us."

tag - Luke, Williams and Nav

There was nothing to it. Cindy's first command was going to end in the death of everyone on Legacy. The plasma burst was going to overtake them before the phasers could be repaired. She ordered for an emergency space recorder to be jettisoned and watched as the plasma ball got nearer to the ship. As it came closer, she noticed something amazing. The plasma torpedo was starting to break up.

tag - all on bridge for reactions

Cindy's heart leapt for joy. Maybe they would survive. She knew that she would not make the same mistake twice if they survived! The weakened plasma blast rocked the Legacy. People and instruments were thrown about. Cindy called out, "Status report. Damage report. Sickbay," she finally called, "injuries?"

~Sickbay to bridge, no serious injuries. Some minor cuts and bruises, trauma teams are currently at work.~ was the quick response. ~Suggest you try to avoid again whatever it is you're doing up there, captain.~ Vodden replied.

tag - everyone

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Postby Foxy » Sat May 17, 2014 4:46 am

"Just fly the damn ship ENSIGN. Leave the snarky commentary to the professionals."

"Then take your own advice and shut the hell up, LIEUTENANT!"

"Clever."

Phil shook his head with a sigh. Was this a ship full of the best officers Starfleet had at their disposal, or a school trip? He glanced at Cindy. She needed to stomp on this now. They were in a Red Alert against an unknown and extremely dangerous foe. They couldn't afford this childish bickering and didn't have time for a shift change.

She took a motherly tone and said, "Gentlemen, we will not have this argument on the bridge. If we cannot work together than our enemy has already won. Let's set our sights on our objective, please."

The two officers refocussed, much to Phil's relief, although he made a quick note to keep an eye on them going forward. "If you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." Once again Sun Tzu provided sage words. These people had to learn how to work together, or...

~~~~

The plasma burst was going to overtake them before the phasers could be repaired. She ordered for an emergency space recorder to be jettisoned and watched as the plasma ball got nearer to the ship.

"Too late for Sun Tzu now", thought Phil. He braced himself for impact, although it was unlikely to help with the size of that torpedo.

The plasma torpedo was starting to break up. The weakened plasma blast rocked the Legacy. People and instruments were thrown about. Cindy called out, "Status report. Damage report. Sickbay," she finally called, "injuries?"

~Sickbay to bridge, no serious injuries. Some minor cuts and bruises, trauma teams are currently at work.~ was the quick response. ~Suggest you try to avoid again whatever it is you're doing up there, captain.~ Vodden replied.

"Or..." Phil turned to Cindy. "If we play dead, jettison some rubbish they can mistake for debris, maybe launch a couple of armed shuttles in amongst it, powered down - they will think the blast took us out. Either they won't bother us again, or... if they come back to investigate, we might be able to take them by surprise..."

tag - Cindy

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Postby T-Prime » Sat May 17, 2014 5:07 pm

TK punched the tactical console in frustration.

"We're not going to win this battle ship to ship. We had a one in fifty chance before, but now we're as good as sunk if we try to go toe to toe with that thing." TK spoke up, then hesitated.

Don't even think about it.

"Permission to lead a boarding action, Captain?"

Oh, go to hell!

"I'll bring you the keys to that monstrosity or I'll blow it to hell. Either way the threat is gone and you get to bring the rest of these people home alive."

Return to “Archives”