Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 1

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 1

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Postby T-Prime » Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 pm

"The comet's tail?" Cindy mused aloud. "Interesting. Have they changed course at all since plotting towards the comet? After all, we can't see them to lock phasers right now but if they go through the tail, we would get a streak enough to fire on. We can out maneuver them. They only have impulse." Cindy smiled.

Target lock? Ha! No marksman worth a damn relied on a taget lock to hit their target.

"They'll likely alter course once inside the tail. I suggest we pull up tight alongside the the comet trail to maximize our field of fire."

"Luke, the moment they enter that tail, come up to the projected point on the other side and have phasers ready to fire."

"They've been ready to fire since we left K6."
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Postby Iar Edra » Wed May 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Slightly disturbed at the decision she made she told those assembled, "This is certainly not what I had planned for our first encounter on our five year mission but we have our duties to fulfill. I pray that we will return to peaceful explorations shortly."Very well, everyone. Get to your posts. Dismissed."

Aislinn nodded as she gathered up her stuff. It looked like she'd backed the wrong horse, so to speak. Not that she should have picked a side just to pick the winning side. But there was still a sense of loss having not been able to convince the Captain to choose one's option. She looked across the table, and it appeared that Nav was experiencing similar feelings. Well, maybe a bit more intense than she was. She tried to offer a supportive smile if it helped, but she wasn't sure it did.

But, it wasn't as if the Captain hadn't listened to everyone's input. In fact, she'd specifically asked for her and Nav's opinions fully aware that both of them were brand new.

"Captain, you'd best get your ass back to the bridge, pronto. We got a problem." TK growled into the ships intercom.

Well, perhaps experience would prove the victor after all. She supposed they would all be finding out soon enough, as she slipped out of the room, then made a beeline for her station, catching herself up on the current scans. hmm...a comet, eh? If the ship was heading for it, there must be something in there that was beneficial to them. Something to help them hide better maybe? A shared element that would help hide them better?

Cindy had just concluded the meeting and tried to contain a small smile when she heard TK's voice. Maybe she really was finally getting him to like her. She hit a wall intercom near Vodden, =/\= On my way, Lieutenant. =/\=

"Helm, if you lose that ship I'll have your balls bronzed. Science, whatever it takes, boost the gain on the whiskers. Just don't divert power from propulsion or tactical systems."

"Aye!" She responded with a grin. Maybe they were on the same page. She sent the whiskers farther from the ship, and tried to boost their signals at the same time. "Boosting the Whiskers..." She didn't have a problem with leaving plenty of power left over for the requested systems...yet. She also began scanning the comet for it's contents. This ship could not be allowed to get away...

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Foxy » Thu May 08, 2014 1:03 pm

"Captain, you'd best get your ass back to the bridge, pronto. We got a problem." TK growled into the ships intercom.

Phil had to force back a grin - ordering the Captain to get her ass back? The guy was either heading for an airlock or a promotion and he wasn't prepared to bet on which...

"We should probably talk later when there's a lull in this situation and get some groundwork under us concerning needs of the crew and your own health." Jill smiled then moved to the doorway.

"You do know she's going to remind you about that at every opportunity, don't you?" Phil raised an eyebrow at Cindy. "One reason why I got my M.O.T. sorted day one..." Not that he was smug or anything. Oh, no siree.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Thu May 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Phil had to force back a grin - ordering the Captain to get her ass back? The guy was either heading for an airlock or a promotion and he wasn't prepared to bet on which...

"We should probably talk later when there's a lull in this situation and get some groundwork under us concerning needs of the crew and your own health." Jill smiled then moved to the doorway.

"You do know she's going to remind you about that at every opportunity, don't you?" Phil raised an eyebrow at Cindy. "One reason why I got my M.O.T. sorted day one..." Not that he was smug or anything. Oh, no siree.

Cindy gave a slight shrug at Phil and responded with a grin, "I'm sure that I can keep both of us busy enough that we won't have time to remember."

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Thu May 08, 2014 3:14 pm

T-Prime wrote:
"The comet's tail?" Cindy mused aloud. "Interesting. Have they changed course at all since plotting towards the comet? After all, we can't see them to lock phasers right now but if they go through the tail, we would get a streak enough to fire on. We can out maneuver them. They only have impulse." Cindy smiled.

Target lock? Ha! No marksman worth a damn relied on a taget lock to hit their target.

"They'll likely alter course once inside the tail. I suggest we pull up tight alongside the the comet trail to maximize our field of fire."

"Luke, the moment they enter that tail, come up to the projected point on the other side and have phasers ready to fire."

"They've been ready to fire since we left K6."

"Itching for a fight, Lieutenant? That's not what we were here to do but the fight came to us. Very well. You're the tactical officer. I'll take your recommendation on this one. Luke, when they enter the comet, pull up alongside the comet trail."

tag - Williams and Luke

Amanda Rose

Postby Lucasausems » Thu May 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Luke was unsure about the situation. No, that was not the right word for it. Uncomfortable, was a better word. But if he were to be completely honest with himself 'shocked' would be the best word to describe his mood now. What did they know of this enemy apart from next to nothing? What were their motivations? What are their plans? What is their hull strength? What is their weapon strength? You know, apart from the super plasma thing that obliterates entire space stations in a shot or two... If they could do that to a space station imagine what that might do to the Legacy...

Now Luke was a good pilot. But all it took was one lucky shot.... Or a series of volleys. Luke would never be able to dodge every single shot...

Captain Cindy, or, CC, he had decided to call her that, might be very kind, pursuasive, intelligent, beautiful, sexy, hot, flexibl... Luke! Stay focused! She might be all that, but what she was having them do right now, that was just plain reckless. Did she want to have them all killed? He never wanted this posting. He hated going to this ship, Legacy...

The entire idea made him feel like that one German rave song by Dune from the 1990s:

I was sent to outer space
To find another happy place
Now I'm left here all alone
Million miles away from home
Floating through the galaxy
All the stars in front of me
Now I'm left here all alone
Million miles away from home

But then along came CC, with her beaming smile and welcoming attitude (and a delicious ass he wanted to span.. Luke! Get a grip on yourself...), and he didn't feel so alone anymore.

But then an alien came along and destroyed a couple outposts, and the ever so bright CC turned into a machine out for blood... Like those sweet innocent looking aliens in Galaxy Quest that suddenly bared their teeth and ate one of their own... Well, maybe not that dramatic but still.

He didn't like it, not one single bit. And how hard is it to use Italics when you copy-paste like everybody else! Aargghh! So darn annoying!.

Luke blinked. That thought wasn't his... Maybe he was going nuts...

Then the BEEP! on his screen started to move in the direction of a comet. No telling why they would be doing that. Wouldn't heading into the comet's tail would make them visible to the naked (ha! naked) eye? It must be something. He smelled a trap. On a hunch, he contacted Engineering to ask how the comet's tail would effect the Legacy's engines. If they had to go in Luke might as well know if manouverability would be limited in there.

Tag Engineering.

"Helm, if you lose that ship I'll have your balls bronzed. Science, whatever it takes, boost the gain on the whiskers. Just don't divert power from propulsion or tactical systems."(See? like that)

"I'm a pilot, TK, it's what I do best! You just make sure you make every shot count or I'll have your eyebrows plucked." Luke retorted. He really started to get pissed off now.

Nice of her to drop in at this tense moment. Would've been better if she'd never left. It was a little late for breefings. But what did Luke know, he's just an Ensign, he wouldn't dare question CC, no, no way, nope. He'd already been busted down once, didn't need to be busted down to cadet as well. But then again, he also hated the prospect of dying, so it was actually just a bit of weighing the pros against the cons, really

As the BEEP! on his screen was starting to move into the comet's tail Luke aimed towards the projected point of exit, that is, if they kept a straight line in there, which, if they had a pilot with any skill, they would never do.They would spot the Legacy as easily as they could spot the ship in the comet's tail. Luke's every sense was screaming at him that this wasn't a good idea. Again: they DIDN'T KNOW what they were up against. All they had was a BEEP! dot on the screen...

One lucky shot from them was all it would take.

Then it would be over for the Legacy.

Finished.

Done.

But Luke was just an Ensign. What did he know? All he could do was follow the orders given to him to the best of his abilities. And that is what he would do.

Tags all.

Amanda Rose

Postby KendleRJ » Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Then the BEEP! on his screen started to move in the direction of a comet. No telling why they would be doing that. Wouldn't heading into the comet's tail would make them visible to the naked (ha! naked) eye? It must be something. He smelled a trap. On a hunch, he contacted Engineering to ask how the comet's tail would effect the Legacy's engines. If they had to go in Luke might as well know if manouverability would be limited in there.

The ship was headed for the comet's tail. Ensign Khangura noticed the request from Helm on the Bridge, and she cross-referenced details about the Legacy's engines, the minimal information they had about the Romulans and the plasma based weapon they had been witnessing that had destroyed the Outposts. The answers Helm was seeking would depend on the elemental make up of the comet, but regardless, the standard ice particles that would be flaring behind it and away from the solar gravity would light up a cloaked ship like a beacon.

The secondary ion tail of the comet would be positively charging the leading edge and create plasma. This would be perhaps do one of two things, and create either a larger explosion by using the existing plasma to assist in igniting the weapon to a much greater damage radius, or it would neutralise the weapon through a unique manner of resonant frequencies, created by incompatible plasma particles. That concerned Nav greatly, but it didn't answer Helm's request.

Along with her research and postulations, she also took a good look at the particles and considered how it might disrupt Frankie's engines. There should be no negative impact; dust particles could be filtered out by the nacelle scrubbers, and the positively charged ions shouldn't do anything more than cling to the hull or the shields. Unless they were magnetic in nature, the Legacy would be free to move through the comet tail with little or no drag. She put her information in a message, left it open for more input from others in Engineering, and then sent it back up to Helm on the Bridge.

She hoped the information might help give the Legacy an edge and Helm a better understanding of what was to come.

For all of their sakes.

~ Tag Helm / Everybody

Ensign Navkiran Khangura
Engineering - USS Legacy

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Postby T-Prime » Sun May 11, 2014 8:30 pm

"Itching for a fight, Lieutenant? That's not what we were here to do but the fight came to us. Very well. You're the tactical officer. I'll take your recommendation on this one. Luke, when they enter the comet, pull up alongside the comet trail."

"No Ma'am." Tk answered truthfully, "But these assholes have already sucker-punched us, and I'll be god-damned if I'm going to let them get in another shot. On a related note; How attached are we to the idea of leaving this comet in one piece?""
"I'm a pilot, TK, it's what I do best! You just make sure you make every shot count or I'll have your eyebrows plucked." Luke retorted. He really started to get pissed off now.

"Just fly the damn ship ENSIGN. Leave the snarky commentary to the professionals."

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Postby Lucasausems » Mon May 12, 2014 2:18 pm

"Just fly the damn ship ENSIGN. Leave the snarky commentary to the professionals."

"Then take your own advice and shut the hell up, LIEUTENANT!"

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Postby T-Prime » Mon May 12, 2014 5:57 pm

"Then take your own advice and shut the hell up, LIEUTENANT!"

"Clever."

Return to “Archives”