Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 1

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 1

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Cindy woke from her first slumber on Legacy and breathed in the recycled air. Despite knowing that the air was not as fresh as that from home, she knew that it could not smell any sweeter. She knew that she had risen before her alarm but she did not care. Today was the first day that she could run the Legacy, or Frankenstein as some of the crew had called it, the way that she wanted to run it. Starfleet was far behind.

With the enthusiasm of a child who wanted to go to school for the first time or that of an experienced child knowing that the final bell rang of a school year, starting summer break, Cindy leapt out of the bed. She hurriedly showered and put on fresh undergarments. Looking through her command uniforms, there was little doubt as to what she would choose. She reached for the sleeveless, gold command uniform with the short skirt. Completing the outfit, she put on her boots, which only seemed to emphasize her long legs and make her appear taller than she actually was. Moving to her mirror to check herself out and dabbed a little of her favorite perfume on her neck.

Her outfit complete, Cindy's stomach began to announce its need for food. She looked at her food processor and decided that she would not eat alone in her quarters. After all, where was the fun in that? Instead, she exited her quarters and headed to the officer's lounge on Deck C for some breakfast.

Once she entered, she knew that she would get some looks. She was far from unaccustomed to them. However, Cindy was determined to be a Captain of the people, not one who was aloof like Starfleet seemed to favor. Arriving, she hoped that she could obtain an omelette rather than relying on the food processors. Cindy gave a smile at those who watched her come in and ordered a cheese, mushroom and sausage omelette with green peppers.

As the food was being created, she looked around to determine where she would sit and who might be most pleased to talk to her.

tag anyone who wants to be in the Officer's Lounge on this fine morning :)
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 1

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:09 am

Damn. It was early. Well, early for birds and those marine types who would say "Hoo-rah!" and take deep breaths of air as they calisthenicked their way into the day, pulling it out of its bed kicking and screaming. But not for Navkiran Khangura, Engineering Ensign, because despite all of her good intentions, her bed remained resolutely unslept in.

To be fair, she had managed a personal log, some rather ingenious adjustments to the chair in her quarters, some finishing touches to her design sketches that were bordering on art, and of course, the requisition she had created, crafted, ok, she had written and was sending off to Engineering and Medical. Yes, even before breakfast. Tufts of dark hair had bunched up, pulled partially out of the elastic that held her hair back, now as a defense against chaos, originally as a tame manner of keeping it out of the way.

To: Chief Medical Officer, Lt. Commander Jill Vodden, Sick Bay, USS Legacy and Chief Engineering Officer, 1st Lt. Isaac Whitney, Engineering, USS Legacy
Re: Equipment requests

Dear Sirs,

During a routine repair in Sick Bay (which was neither routine, nor a repair, Nav interjected mentally as she wrote) it had come to my attention that several pieces of key equipment required for the regular duties of a Medical Officer in Sickbay were of a differing size for some of the crew assigned to utilize it. (Awkward sentence. Why couldn't they just let her say what she wanted to? All formal. But that was Starfleet.) I have taken the liberty of designing a specialized adapter for at least one crew member that I observed having some difficulty with some equipment (like a sharp bladed object and a medical scanner...). I can provide you with details of the designs if you require further information regarding my proposed adapter, or if you wish to discuss this further, I would be glad and honoured to meet with you at your earliest convenience. (And I'll try not to gush.)

I will require some equipment from Engineering in order to create the adapter, and access to Huanni Doctor (he never gaver her his name but she looked it up through the crew manifest) Keth Soban for measurements and testing of its compatability once it has been completed. I have a few other thoughts... (strike that part, that would be a whole other requisition)I look forward to working with you on this and many other projects on board. (Yes, I'm not done yet...)

Well, that was enough, wasn't it? Yes, she could get creative later when she had had sleep. But that wouldn't be until after her shift was over. Well, sonic shower, change of uniform, and breakfast. She managed the first two, but caught herself before she went for the latter. And don't forget your PADD, because this is your lifeline. Sweeping it into her hand, she nodded. One more tick on her mental checklist. Breakfast next, and then reporting to Engineering for another full day with Frankie.

A lovely day in Starfleet, she thought as she headed out the door while her brain screamed for coffee.

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:24 pm

Postby Melissa Richards » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 am

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden
CMO
USS Legacy

Officer's Dining Room

As Vodden prepared to enter the dining room after a rather unsettling night where she couldn't sleep very well, her PADD beeped which she always kept on her belt, along with a scanner. She pulled the device from her belt and looked at it as she prepared to get food.

To: Chief Medical Officer, Lt. Commander Jill Vodden, Sick Bay, USS Legacy and Chief Engineering Officer, 1st Lt. Isaac Whitney, Engineering, USS Legacy
Re: Equipment requests

----

"How nice.." she said to herself, then getting her food sat down at one of the tables and continued to read.

Dear Sirs,

During a routine repair in Sick Bay (which was neither routine, nor a repair, Nav interjected mentally as she wrote) it had come to my attention that several pieces of key equipment required for the regular duties of a Medical Officer in Sickbay were of a differing size for some of the crew assigned to utilize it. (Awkward sentence. Why couldn't they just let her say what she wanted to? All formal. But that was Starfleet.) I have taken the liberty of designing a specialized adapter for at least one crew member that I observed having some difficulty with some equipment (like a sharp bladed object and a medical scanner...). I can provide you with details of the designs if you require further information regarding my proposed adapter, or if you wish to discuss this further, I would be glad and honoured to meet with you at your earliest convenience. (And I'll try not to gush.)

I will require some equipment from Engineering in order to create the adapter, and access to Huanni Doctor (he never gaver her his name but she looked it up through the crew manifest) Keth Soban for measurements and testing of its compatability once it has been completed. I have a few other thoughts... (strike that part, that would be a whole other requisition)I look forward to working with you on this and many other projects on board. (Yes, I'm not done yet...)

----

Finally someone sensible. the CMO thought as she noted the name and decided she'd contact this person once she was back in sickbay and getting things settled. She'd began to get some basic rules down and with the exception of a couple of strange attitudes, things seemed to be moving nicely. She'd be going through her lab notes from Moonbase Alpha today to see what she'd be doing to supplement the medical situation.

This Ensign Navkiran Khangura, seemed to have quite a good head on her shoulders. That's what Jill needed, a fellow tinkerer who could put theory into practice.

As she ate her eggs and some bacon, she noticed a woman who also had blonde hair and was wearing a gold short sleeved shirt and short skirt. She took a moment to glance at the rank, and almost choked on her food!
That's the captain? Vodden thought in a bit of shock. Why is she dressed like a regular crew woman?

Being less formal wasn't an issue for Jill. She'd been that way in the lab for the last year except when reporting to superiors. Then, it was all business. Apparently the captain was...less formal on duty. This might be a problem as CMO she'd have to watch out for. Less formal meant less respect ie, a ship with the potential for a laid back atmosphere that may endanger the crew because they weren't disciplined enough.

Getting up, Vodden slowly walked over. "Captain.." she said carefully and softly. "I'm Dr. Jill Vodden your CMO. We haven't met yet, so I thought I'd do that now.."

TAGS

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:24 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:54 pm

As she ate her eggs and some bacon, she noticed a woman who also had blonde hair and was wearing a gold short sleeved shirt and short skirt. She took a moment to glance at the rank, and almost choked on her food! That's the captain? Vodden thought in a bit of shock. Why is she dressed like a regular crew woman?

Being less formal wasn't an issue for Jill. She'd been that way in the lab for the last year except when reporting to superiors. Then, it was all business. Apparently the captain was...less formal on duty. This might be a problem as CMO she'd have to watch out for. Less formal meant less respect ie, a ship with the potential for a laid back atmosphere that may endanger the crew because they weren't disciplined enough.

Getting up, Vodden slowly walked over. "Captain..." she said carefully and softly. "I'm Dr. Jill Vodden your CMO. We haven't met yet, so I thought I'd do that now...."

Cindy gave Vodden a warm smile. "Doctor, so good to meet you and do, please call me Cindy. My omelette is almost done. Would you mind if I sat with you and we chatted for a bit?"

TAGS

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:25 pm

Postby dpwilliams2 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Ensign James Hatchet
Security Officer
USS Legacy

---

James had enjoyed the evening in the mess hall with the Commander and company. But sadly it wasn't going to be all good times and responsibilities had forced him to bed. Fast forward several hours and he'd waken in his quarters. After a quick shower and dressing in a new uniform, he could tell it was new because it was still itchy in places, he headed towards the officers lounge. He was hoping for a quick bite then to head off to his assignment. One that might be rather mundane at the moment but would surely be exciting when things hit the fan. Entering the lounge, he saw several other officers there also getting ready for the first shift.

Getting up, Vodden slowly walked over. "Captain..." she said carefully and softly. "I'm Dr. Jill Vodden your CMO. We haven't met yet, so I thought I'd do that now...."

Cindy gave Vodden a warm smile. "Doctor, so good to meet you and do, please call me Cindy. My omelette is almost done. Would you mind if I sat with you and we chatted for a bit?"

James over heard the two officers ahead of him in line for food. "The Captain and Chief Medical Officer," James thought to himself. "Calm yourself, they're just normal people.."

"Bacon Omlette, sausage, and sourdough toast," He ordered when the cook was ready for his order.

After some jovial exchange with the chef, he turned back to the line.

TAG: Captain and CMO

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Noticing Ensign James Hackett come from behind, she gave him a polite smile before walking with the doctor.

"No. Not at all...Cindy..." Jill replied hesitantly. First name basis from the captain already? Odd. "Thank you, Ma'am." She sat down at the table with her food.

Cindy happily sat down and her gold, sleeveless command uniform highlighted her toned, muscular arms as she placed her plate down. "I'm sorry that I did not get to meet with you before we left Earth," she apologized.

"That's okay. I came on the last few hours, when I got notice to report. I was, prior to this, in a secured lab on Moonbase Alpha." Jill picked up her orange juice and drank it.

Cindy ate a bit of her omelette as Jill spoke. "Yes, I seem to recall that you have been there for awhile. If I recall, your only time on a starship before now was the Wasp. Right?"

"Yes. Prior to that was Starfleet Medical. Working in research and development."

"I definitely could see how that would have its uses out here in the great unknown. Mind if I ask why you chose to go on the Wasp and now why here? Usually people are space or ground but you have been both.

"I wanted the experience," Jill replied honestly. "And, I was looking for a change after a bad relationship. Wanted to break new ground and review my life while gaining new perspectives."

"Oh!" Cindy offered sympathetically. "I know all about bad relationships. I'm sorry that you had that happen. If you want to talk about it, I'm willing to listen, Doctor."

"No, I'm fine. It was awhile ago, and I'm focused on my job and future accomplishments. Thank you for the offer however, Captain."

"Cindy, please," the Captain reminded Jill. "And that is great to hear that you are focused on your career but all work and no play makes Jill a dull girl. Perhaps we could go bowling in the near future?"

"Bowling." Vodden's deadpan look betrayed her surprise and confusion. Cindy was certainly the most different kind of captain she'd ever met. Most of them were full of themselves, and the XO"s who were up and coming were worse. "Maybe." She added, still cautious. Her eyes scanned the room. There weren't many people here. "Cindy..." It felt weird using the captain's first name. "May I ask you something?"

"Absolutely!" Cindy replied enthusiastically.

"Aren't you concerned that such lack of formality with your crew will lead to a breakdown in discipline in a critical situation?" The doctor's look was serious. "Younger crewmen may view it as a 'friend' relationship more then a commander and so may choose to challenge your decisions if they don't agree?"

Cindy sighed. "You sound a bit like Phil." She paused, "Commander Wilson, I'm sure, to you." Cindy shrugged and said, "Call it a calculated risk. The title doesn't make the person. Just because someone is called Captain does not mean you would be thrilled to make the ultimate sacrifice or respond without reservation. I feel that if I can get to know everyone and if we understand each other as human beings, we can be more efficient."

"That is possible," Jill agreed. "However, there is the other side of the coin I just mentioned. This ship is filled with young eager officers and crew. Many have never seen space travel before or like myself, were limited due to ground assignments. Just...keep that in mind please." Vodden offered the hint of a smile.

"I am. In fact, I have considered a hybrid for the younger officers. Luke coined it the other day, 'Captain Cindy,' or 'CC' for short." She shrugged her shoulders a bit. "What do you think of those?"

"I think it's fine for a lab with respected scientists who joke around while doing groundbreaking work. But, for a captain on a ship...." The CMO frowned then sighed. "It's up to you. If it were me, I'd want the crew to know who's boss, but also be kind and approachable. I'm guessing you're going to have to figure out the balance between the two, Cindy."

"Oh, I will. We have a lot of great people on this ship, yourself included, of course, Jill."

"So I've seen, albeit some odd ones as well. Perhaps it's my limited experience with other then human life forms except for Tellarites. However, we all have a long mission and plenty of time to learn." Jill drank some more and paused before continuing. "I did some rather interesting work the last year, and several of the new drugs and equipment in medical is based on parts of my designs. I happened to get an email from a young officer in engineering who apparently is excited and wants to assist me further. Ensign Navkiran Khangura."

"Oh, I met her yesterday before we were taking off. I really like her. I have a feeling that she is going to go far. How does Khangura wish to assist you? If she thinking of a duel career?"

"I have a Huanni in sickbay, Ensign Keth Soban. A very...different individual." Vodden winced at her own words. "But, she determined that we need to modify some of the medical instruments to better fit his hands...uhh...paws...and thereby making his job much easier. This could also be done for other races we may work with in the future who aren't human or human-like."

"Yes, um," Cindy blushed. "I'm responsible for him. I specifically requested that he join the Legacy. I figured in the great unknown that the greater diversity, the better. He does seem to have a bit of difficulty with focus. I am happy that Khangura thinks she can make his transition easier with medical equipment specifically catered for him."

"Well, it's more of an adapter which is good because he won't be dependent on a specific set of equipment, although I do issue my staff their own to have on their person at all times, except when off duty."

"Seems wise to me, though keeping them handy off duty may not be unwise either, especially if we end up, God forbid, in a position where people all over are being injured."

"That could happen. On the Wasp I ran into quite a few situations. Also, having non-human crew on board means we have to adapt to their needs. Ensign Soban, to be blunt acts...like a child. I'm going to have to determine his abilities before I can assign him to more complicated tasks. But, he is supposedly qualified, so I have to consider that."

Cindy nodded, "He is in your department, so handle him as you see fit. Just remember that Huanni are different and we have to adjust a bit to adapt to their unique personalities. They are creatures of extremes. I just hope that he is not dangerous. His record does not indicate any malicious tendencies."

"No, I didn't see that, unless you count accident prone." Jill laughed a little. "I have a couple like that. I just hope they're more professional with the patients. And on that note, I do plan to run sickbay more formal then I did with a lab. It's very different serving patients than working with scientists on projects."

"Your department, your rules," Cindy said eating a bit more of her omelette. "Just don't count on seeing me much in a formal capacity. I like you but being in sickbay is not a place that I would like to see often. No offense, Jill," she said with a small giggle.

"None taken. But come physical quarterly checks, I will hunt you down and have my Huanni carry you there if necessary." Vodden offered a smirk and then a grin.

Cindy laughed at that. "What if I'm allergic to cats?" she offered.

"Then your first officer, who I have yet to meet. If you're allergic to cats, I can give you a shot too."

Cindy wrinkled her nose. "Don't care for shots. And I'm not allergic to cats. And Phil, well, he's a bit stiff but I believe that he has a soft center to him. Brilliant tactician, too."

"Good to know. Make me feel a little safer." Vodden finished her juice. "What's our first assignment?"

"I don't know yet," Cindy admitted with a slight frown. Her eyes turned a darker green as she poked at her omelette again. "I understand we will find out today." Her eyes glowed light green again. "I do hope it is somewhere completely new and mysterious. God, the experiments I would love to run!"

"Experiments?" Vodden blinked. "What do you mean?"

"Oh? You don't know?" Cindy asked a bit surprised. "I came up through science. I know your blue shirt well."

"I see." Jill nodded. "So, you're talking study of gaseous anomalies and such."

"Of course! What did you think?" Cindy asked a little surprised.

"I wasn't sure. You have a different attitude. It might have been an experiment for a ballroom dance." Jill joked.

Cindy laughed at that. "That's hilarious, Jill! Don't let my friendly personality fool you. I may like to put people at ease but I take my job and the safety of this ship and all the people on it quite seriously. This is my life. I worked hard to get here and I won't let it go by the wayside." Her voice took a harder tone as she hit the words, "This is my life," and her eyes shifted to a darker green with flecks of brown.

"Of course, Cindy. Just remember what I talked about earlier, please." Vodden leaned back. "Is there anything you need or require of me before I return to sickbay and continue to whip it into shape?"

"Not that I can think of. I'm just anxious to get back in the chair and very glad that we got to have a face to face chat, Jill."

"I'm glad as well." Vodden looked out of the corner of her eye, "And we seem to have an audience, a young red shirted man over there watching us. He might be interested in you or me or both of us."

Cindy looked over surreptitiously. "Oh, him?" Cindy said in a conspiratorial tone. "I wouldn't worry about him. Ensign Hatchet. Caught him and his brother coming on the ship late. I would be surprised if he was not peeing in his pants right now."

Jill giggled. "That would be a fine embarrassment. How are you with...fraternization between officers and crew? I've seen it acceptable and not acceptable."

"His brother is actually in your department, Elliot Hatchet. So, you may want to keep an eye on him. Is that why you are concerned about fraternization?" Cindy teased.

"No, I'm asking from a professional standpoint as, relationships that develop while forbidden can have a drastic impact on emotional and mental health, Cindy."

"I don't disagree but prohibiting something only makes the forbidden fruit sweeter and more likely to happen or seem enticing." Cindy blushed a little at that, remembering her own forbidden steamy romance. "We're out here five years. I think it is only natural that relationships are going to develop."

"So, you're fine with it," Jill acknowledged. "Just trying to understand what your command philosophy will be."

"We're people, not robots, Jill. I think that's one thing that Starfleet often forgets. We all have needs, desires, and wants. I mean, other than your career, what is it that you want?"

"Honestly? To pursue my own goals unhindered. Some of those are work related, others not."

"What are the non-work goals?" Cindy asked in a friendly but curious tone.

"Play my guitar and sing. Improve my flying skills."

"Maybe one day I'll let you sit in the big chair and see how you like flying our boy. I would be interested in hearing you play and sing. Planning on putting on a production at some point?"

"A concert? No, I hadn't considered it. And my flying skills so far consist of aircraft and light orbital or shuttle craft."

"Maybe we'll let you take out a craft some day on an away mission. And why have you not considered a concert?"

Jill shrugged. "Never occurred to me. I just do it as a hobby, not as an entertainer." She chuckled.

"Well, then play for me one day. I would be honored."

Vodden smiled. "Alright. I will. Thank you, Cindy."

"You're welcome, Jill. I suppose I should let you go. I know you said you wanted to and well, I do have a bit of the gift for gab."

"We all have our jobs." Vodden got up then got ready to go. "We'll have to do this again soon. Maybe when we're both off duty."

"I look forward to it," Cindy replied earnestly.

tag or not - Hatchett and any other officer

Amanda Rose

Postby Iar Edra » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:09 pm

Aislinn yawned as she walked into the officer's lounge. You'd think she'd be used to getting up early after 4 years at the Academy, but it never stuck. She headed first for the coffee pot, still rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She poured sugar into an empty mug, then filled it with the hot liquid, and capped it off with a bit of cream. She drew a long swig and savored it as the caffeine started its job. Already feeling better, she headed for the food line. As she approached the last person in line, she recognized him from supper the day before.

"Bacon Omlette, sausage, and sourdough toast," He ordered when the cook was ready for his order.

"Well, good mornin' Mr. Hatchet. I hope you had a restful first night on...what were they calling it?...Frankie?"

<tag, James>

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Postby dpwilliams2 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:33 pm

"Well, good mornin' Mr. Hatchet. I hope you had a restful first night on...what were they calling it?...Frankie?"

"Huh?" James said turning towards the new comer. "Oh, Ensign Norson, good morning. I got decent sleep. The quarters were bigger than I was expecting, must be all that Academy hype."

TAG: Aislinn

"Just waiting on some breakfast here." James said pointing over his shoulder. "Getting the good stuff while we still have it."

TAG: Aislinn

<TAG: All>

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:09 am

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Ensign Khangura followed the siren call of coffee, emanating, with some rather wistful aromas woven through it, from the Officer's Mess at the end of the corridor. She had already been there and had the pleasure of meeting some of the Crew the night before, so now, her feet knew the path. She walked with her head down, scanning through her PADD and going through the work orders and maintenance requests that the CEO had been posting. She was all but oblivious to everyone and everything around her.

But not enough to miss that there was a line, of course. Nav looked up briefly, smiling politely at new faces and waving at the few she recognized. She stood dutifully at the end, and waited, moving when she noticed the body in front of her was moving. She was considerate but distracted and didn't look up until she heard a polite cough. She was at the front of the line and grinned apologetically. "What can I get you this morning, Ensign?"

"Coffee," she said, like a mantra, and glanced at what was being cooked, and then at what others had in front of them. "CrEnsign Khangura followed the siren call of coffee, emanating, with some rather wistful aromas woven through it, from the Officer's Mess at the end of the corridor. She had already been there and had the pleasure of meeting some of the Crew the night before, so now, her feet knew the path. She walked with her head down, scanning through her PADD and going through the work orders and maintenance requests that the CEO had been posting. She was all but oblivious to everyone and everything around her.

But not enough to miss that there was a line, of course. Nav looked up briefly, smiling politely at new faces and waving at the few she recognized. She stood dutifully at the end, and waited, moving when she noticed the body in front of her was moving. She was considerate but distracted and didn't look up until she heard a polite cough. She was at the front of the line and grinned apologetically. "What can I get you this morning, Ensign?"

"Coffee," she said, like a mantra, and glanced at what was being cooked, and then at what others had in front of them. "And crêpes," she said, thinking that they would be the most like the Dosa she would have at home. "With... oh are those strawberries?" She stopped and blinked. A last flavour of fresh fruit; a cook after her own heart. "That would be lovely. Strawberries." She was already tasting the flavours. "And coffee, I said coffee, right?"

The Chef nodded placing the steaming full mug on the tray. Picking it up, Nav rested it on an empty table right next to the line. She stepped aside for the others and sipped her coffee. It tasted exactly like another cup, so she poured one while she waited, and would worry about a seat once her food was ready. She still had some time before she reported for duty.

Tags anyone in line, in the Mess, walking around or into prone, distracted Ensigns

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:09 am

Postby Foxy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Phil loitered by the doorway to the mess. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dine like a pauper... He had always liked that saying - ages old, but sound in terms of blood sugar levels and all that medical stuff. Nevertheless, he still had to persuade himself to have more than just a cup of tea to start the day with. Maybe porridge...

As he started in, he spotted a woman in blue coming the other way. A glance at her rank confirmed his suspicion of her identity.

"Doctor?" he greeted her. "Wilson, Commander Phil Wilson. Pleased to meet you."

tag - Vodden

"Could you let me know when would be suitable for my first check-up? I'd quite like to get it out of the way, if that's convenient for you?" He tapped his prosthetic leg with his cane. "Breaking this new one in, so I'd like to be sure it's fitting correctly."

tag

"See you then, then," he nodded his farewell and made his way over to the serving area.

"Morning, Chef. Any chance of some porridge, a little honey, possibly some blueberries?"

"See what I can do, sir," the chef replied, disappearing into the back room.

"Oh and... tea...?" it was too late, the man was out of earshot, he'd have to wait for him to get back. Phil sighed, moving back out of the way until his turn came again, finding himself next to Ensign Khangura.

"Morning Ensign," he greeted her. "Ordered something nice?"

tag - Nav

Return to “Archives”