Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 1

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 1

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Postby Melissa Richards » Sat May 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden
CMO

Eyebrows raised as high as they could go, Marian listened in disbelief as the CMO issued a ballsy censure over the comms to Jackson. Much needed and well spoken, but dang! Only in Starfleet could this situation be happening - someone would have already been bitch slapped to oblivion in the armed forces, though who would be on the receiving end depended entirely upon which service you were looking at...

Marian moved a step closer, out of the 'I'm pretending I can't hear what you're saying' range and into the 'we need to speak' zone of the CMO and made quick eye contact with her, jerking a hand over her shoulder to indicate she would lend a hand in the triage area if needed.

Jill seeing Marian come in gave a curt nod, "Go to it.." was all she said. "Thanks for the assist."

Turning, Marian approached the large, furry feline doctor... the Manic Medic, she'd earlier tagged him, and caught his attention. "Ensign Soban, do you require assistance?"

"Put her on triage, Soban!" Vodden urged as she began to process some now possibly serious burns and injuries from the blast the ship had received.

tags Keth, et all.
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat May 24, 2014 7:16 pm

"Yes Lieutenant Voddy Doctor Captian Ma'am!"

Somewhere in there was as close as Keth was likely to get to her rank and name, so we'll let it fly. He then turned to Marian, his mane fully fluffed out, and then let his jaw hang open. In most cases this bodily reaction would instill a starstruck aspect on the jaw dropper, but in the case of Huanni all it did was treat folks to a shockingly well managed set of sharp teeth.

"You're from the TV!" Keth enthused, grabbing her shoulders and pulling her out of the way of a passing gurney. Well maybe the better wording would have been 'plucked' from one place to the other instead of pulled, not that Keth was willing to stop his mouth from moving to correct himself "I mean the screen thing. I was watching the broadcast before we launched, well I was watching the recording of the broadcast because I was working for Lieutenant Voddy, and I saw you there! So, that means your some sort of famous personality right? Are you a story teller? A song maker? Oh! Do you do the bit with the voices that come out of puppets? Because thats kind of like magic, and I like the concept of it. So will all the folks back home when I tell them I met a famous person! I mean your well know right, because they might get distracted if I have to explain why your famous."

Whilst Keth blathered on at speeds even transwarp theorists would have found impressive, he began to put things into her arms: a tricorder kit, a dermal welder, a sterile field generator, a small box of band aids, and a Sharpie.

"Don't sniff that." Keth warned as he held up the pen "I don't know what it'll do to your senses but I'm still smelling more colors than usually and sounds look real funny."

He lead her to one wall of sickbay reserved for the wounded. He began to show her the role she was to play: work the tricorder over the patient, and present the results to either himself or a nurse. Upon seeing the readings the two medical types would either places a Sharpie O or a X on the forehead of the scanned crewmen. She might have noticed that the ones with O's were being seen to by Vodden's medical staff, whilst the X's got pain killers. Keth saw the slight glance she might have given him, and shrugged indifferently.

"I'm told this is a lot like golf." Keth said with a sigh "No idea what that is, but I'm trying to keep the score low like everyone else."

tag-Voddy and Marian. This post was brought to you by the fine people who make Sarge's Portuguese beer, and for the proper day off I've had in a long time.

Ensign Keth Soban
Medical
USS Legacy

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun May 25, 2014 3:02 am

Cindy had not realized the doctor had continued to listen to the bridge conversation when she and Williams were having their disagreement. Cindy called back to Vodden and professionally responded, "Your recommendation is noted, Doctor."

tag - Jill

Whitney's voice rang through the comm system onto the bridge. "Warp power is restored, Captain."

Cindy smiled at Phil. Her eyes beaming. "Seems we have a pretty good crew. Tactics have changed now. Or are you still recommending prevention?"

tag - Phil

Cindy then looked at Williams in surprise. She was more than pleased he had calmed himself. In fact, she was more than pleased that he conceded that she was in charge. Perhaps she finally solved the riddle of this rather angry tactical officer. At that moment, she decided that he would be her next dinner guest after Nav. "Are you suggesting that we breach the neutral zone, Lieutenant? If we do, then the Romulans or Klingons could argue that it is us, not the Romulans that are in violation of the treaty and we could be starting a new interstellar war."

tag - Williams

Cindy then called over the comm and asked, "Nav and Norson, how are those whiskers coming? And are all the phasers back online?"

tag - Aislinn & Nav

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Postby T-Prime » Sun May 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Cindy then looked at Williams in surprise. She was more than pleased he had calmed himself. In fact, she was more than pleased that he conceded that she was in charge. Perhaps she finally solved the riddle of this rather angry tactical officer. At that moment, she decided that he would be her next dinner guest after Nav. "Are you suggesting that we breach the neutral zone, Lieutenant? If we do, then the Romulans or Klingons could argue that it is us, not the Romulans that are in violation of the treaty and we could be starting a new interstellar war."

"Yes." TK replied simply, "We can't put a decisive end to these attacks if they can just scurry back across an arbitrary line to safety. Now, politics is not really my forte, but I doubt the Klingons would be too happy about a Romulan super-weapon skulking about in the neutral zone, blowing up outposts wherever they please. We either have to disable that ship before it crosses the line, which I'm not optimistic about in a fair fight and I still think a boarding action is our best course, or we enter the Neutral Zone and take out it's support platform, which could start a war. Could be that's what the Romulans wanted from the start. Devious bastards."

Amanda Rose

Postby Lucasausems » Thu May 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Luke listened to all the commotion around him and picked out the orders meant for him. The whole situation they had gotten themselves into was very confusing and bordering scary.
The Captain did not seem to have the situation under control and failed to provide strong and decisive leadership. The fact that Luke had spoken up once was already testimony to this, but TK just kept on adding fuel to the fire. Would another captain already have removed him from the Bridge for questioning orders?
Sometimes it felt like he was in a shouting contest.

And the Legacy was damaged, on the run, combined with a disorganised crew that didn't make for a happy prospect concerning their immediate future...

And the Captain was still set on returning to that hellish vessel of which they knew almost nothing about except it had the capability to obliterate them into very tiny pieces. Without whiskers they were feeling in the dark. They were sitting ducks.

Should he speak up again? Should he go all out and denounce faith in Cindy as a capable leader? She was so kind, intelligent and still stunningly easy on the eyes.

But was she truly a captain. Luke looked at the XO, the man was like a rock in the storm. Calm, letting everything sweep past him and managing to keep a clear head. Oddly enough, Luke suddenly realised he would feel more at ease with the XO calling the shots...

But should he say something? Would he be thrown in jail? Expelled from Starfleet? At least he'd be alive.
But then, if no one stood up with him, he'd just be thrown in the brig and they'd go up against that ship and he'd still be dead after.

Was he seriously pondering this? How had things come this far? He sighed heavily and shook all thoughts out of his head.

He was an Ensign, he'd act like one.

So quietly he carried out his orders and did what CC asked, even though it didn't feel right...

Amanda Rose

Postby KendleRJ » Thu May 29, 2014 5:07 pm

Wiping her forehead with the back of her hand, Nav flinched only slightly as she felt the lovely swelling on it. Ah, the life of a space faring soul.

Cindy then called over the comm and asked, "Nav and Norson, how are those whiskers coming? And are all the phasers back online?"

Nav exchanged a look with the Ensign and responded, "Phasers are online, Captain, and whiskers will be momentarily." It seemed their decision had already been made for them.

~Tags (or not)

"Norson, there are two more whiskers nearly ready to go; I can run the diagnostics and reinitialise the ones that are already out there, but we should send two more. I'm not sure if the whiskers out there are damaged beyond repair, or simply require a kick in the pants." She quirked an eyebrow. "So to speak, of course."

~Tags Norson

Nav worked her way through the diagnostic program, attempting to communicate with the whiskers remotely. It took a few minutes to verify, but the whiskers outside the ship weren't responding. "How are those other whiskers coming, Ensign?"

~Tags Norson / Everybody

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Postby Iar Edra » Thu May 29, 2014 9:18 pm

When the lift doors opened, she stepped out into Engineering. She hadn't been here yet--of course she hadn't been many places on this ship yet. But she'd seen the general lay-out of most Engineering decks during her cross-training classes at the Academy. So she didn't feel totally lost when she stepped foot into the main room. She asked a nearby Lieutenant about Nav's whereabouts, and followed the direction of the pointed finger she got. She found her still in the hold of the array still out of commission.
Aislinn leaned over, looking into the hold. "Can I be of any help?"

"Give me a hand onto that catwalk?" Nav asked, wiping it down the legs of her uniform which was probably why they were a darker colour in the first place. "Just finishing up this repair, and confirmed that Engineering knew about the whiskers." Biting her lip she thought about what they could do.

"Sure thing." She assisted where she could, but this was Khangura's house, so she would defer to the other ensign unless something more...scientific came up.

"Are the ones already out there completely gone, or can we perform a diagnostic and reinitialise it for the original purpose?" she asked. "We did have twelve initially in the original design, but only managed to get a couple ready before they had to launch. If we can't salvage the ones out there, we can always set up two more that are nearly ready to go. Do you think worrying about the ones we've lost will be worth the effort? Or can we accomplish both simultaneously?"

Aislinn thought her head was gonna spin off. This woman could go a million miles an hour, it seemed. So many questions! Had this been any other situation she would have joked that she was exhausted just trying to keep up with her. But the circumstances called for more serious conversation. Aislinn figured she could sum up the answers Nav was trying to find.

"We still have most of the whiskers that were originally out there. I was sent down to help you get them working again. I think-"

Nav exchanged a look with the Ensign and responded, "Phasers are online, Captain, and whiskers will be momentarily." It seemed their decision had already been made for them.

"Norson, there are two more whiskers nearly ready to go; I can run the diagnostics and reinitialise the ones that are already out there, but we should send two more. I'm not sure if the whiskers out there are damaged beyond repair, or simply require a kick in the pants." She quirked an eyebrow. "So to speak, of course."

Aislinn nodded in response, "Of course." She grinned slightly. "While you're working on the those, I'll get the other two ready to launch." She turned to a nearby console, bringing up the status of said whiskers. They were in a position for launch, but hardly ready. With a couple taps on the console she woke them up, making sure all their systems were functioning, and that their power cells and self-charging ports were operating optimally.

Nav worked her way through the diagnostic program, attempting to communicate with the whiskers remotely. It took a few minutes to verify, but the whiskers outside the ship weren't responding. "How are those other whiskers coming, Ensign?"

Aislinn spoke as she was finishing up, "Just...about...there. Yes!" She turned to Nav, "The last whiskers are ready to deploy."

-tags

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Postby KendleRJ » Sat May 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Aislinn spoke as she was finishing up, "Just...about...there. Yes!" She turned to Nav, "The last whiskers are ready to deploy."

"Thank you!" said Nav, a little more forcefully than she should have. That was a bit loud in her head. Smiling, she nodded gently. "Then let's get those out there and let the Captain know. I think Helm and Tactical will need the information, and I'm guessing you at Science as well."

Maybe the additional whiskers could boost the diagnostic signal and get the others already deployed back online instead of becoming Starfleet space junk casualties. It was worth a shot. "Let's get to a station and see what magic we can do, shall we?" Otherwise they'd need to detonate them. No use in leaving Starfleet tech around where potential enemies could stumble across it.

~Tag Aislinn (or not)

Slapping the wall comm, Nav said, "Khangura to Engineering, two more whiskers are ready to deploy."

She was already moving to a station as she heard the tubes release the whiskers and did her best to maneuvre without jostling her head too badly. She was lucky it wasn't bleeding or there might have been a few more complications.

"Engineering to Bridge." The voice waited for an acknowledgement. "Bridge, please be advised, two additional whiskers deployed. Sensor data should be available..." There was a brief pause before, "... now. Engineering out."

~Tags Aislinn / Everybody

Return to “Archives”