Taking Flight - Pre-Mission 1 First Day on Ship

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Taking Flight - Pre-Mission 1 First Day on Ship

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Postby dpwilliams2 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:23 pm

-Mess Hall-

How could she justify heading off Medical personnel to intervene in a medical situation armed only with salad dressing? Other than it was Keth, and it seemed likely that some misunderstanding was brewing. Maybe she could help if someone had a better idea...

James audibly sighed. Damn it, this has just turned into a security issue. Something I'm suppose to take care of. He thought to himself and paused for a moment. How am I suppose to take down a giant cat thing... err Huanni.

Just then he saw the Ensign call out for something and go flying after the cat. "Pardon me," He said before rushing after. "At least one person from Security should be involved in the man-hunt, cat-hunt. He just hoped he wouldn't get in trouble for whatever was going down.

Phil froze at the sound of the Huanni's roar and stayed in an effective fugue state for what was only in reality a couple of seconds, but which felt like a lifetime. Thankfully, Khangura and Hatchet swinging into action was enough to jerk him out of it.

"Hatchet," he called out after the security officer. "Call in when you know the situation."

"Yes sir," James called out over his shoulder and flew out of the mess hall doors. Almost knocking over a crewman looking back down the hall at Keth and Nav.

"Watch where you're going." The older woman scolded him.

"Sorry," James said over his shoulder and continued on.

"Need some help?" He asked Ensign Khangura as he caught up to her.

Nav shrugged, smiling. "Sounds good to me. I figure Keth's got to be headed for Sick Bay. These are just... for show." She shook the two bottles and grinned. "I don't know too much about Huanni, but I'm hoping that I won't have to use the salad dressing."

Looking down the hall, she called after the Huanni. "Can you manage her, Doctor? Or you need some help?"

The two found Keth standing before a turbolift door, rapidly pressing the call button with one hand whilst the other held the prone form of Choa over one shoulder in a fireman's carry. He looked over Choa back, his eyes blazing with a unique blend of fear and excitement as he frowned at the two. He threw up an arm, fingers outstretched in a halting gesture.

"You should both stay back!" he said, his voice muffled because Choa was in the way of it "She could be infectious with the parasite!"

"What parasite?" asked Nav cautiously. "We can stay back, but can you tell us what parasite?" She looked at him oddly then back to Hatchet. "I've been immunized and cleared by Starfleet before coming aboard the Legacy. Is this something we need to be worried about?"

James looked over the situation and thought about his course of actions. "Ensign..." He paused, *What had she called it? Keth was it?* "Keth?... Is this something the computers would have picked up and notified the ship of a quarantine? If not, then I'm afraid I have to come and keep other crew members out of the same fate."

They were right...Oh no! If the ships computer had not detected the brain eating parasites, why there could be a Starfleet wide infection going on and no one would know....what if....if it was Federation wide? Was that possible? And was it a bite or a egg that transmitted the parasite? Well if Keth was honest he'd been hiding behind his hands when the chesty explody part had happened. Seemed a touch graphic for a Public Safety Announcement, but sometimes you had to be cruel to be kind.

He started humming a tune.

"Well you'll not have to worry much longer!" he said, as the turbolift door opened and he stepped in "I'm going to flush her out the airlock before she can take over the ship and kill us all!"

They don't call them turbolifts for nothing, because that door had slammed shut before Nav or James got there to stop it.

Nav rushed forward but had the door slide shut in her face. This wasn't going at all well, and Keth was already on his way. "How would he have authority to operate the airlock?" she asked Hatchet. "I can't imagine what he's going on about, but he's adamant." And determined to kill a woman to rid them of something she'd never even heard of.

"Can you override his access?" she asked, mind working quickly. "We need to at least get to him again and try to find out what he's talking about." Nav thought back to each conversation. "He's been referring to parasites since yesterday, and it sounds so familiar but I just can't place it." If she didn't figure it out soon, there would be a dead crewman and a lot more to worry about than if he could fit in with the crew. If they could contain the situation between them, perhaps they could save them all from having to explain why they didn't have to go out the Airlock after the one that Keth knocked out.

She moved to the panel in front of the turbo lift. "Side arm," she said, and put a hand out. "I have to get this open to stop the lift before he can exit. Every moment counted.

"I'm sorry but we don't carry them off duty." James said. "There should be a armory around here somewhere. But before that, lets see if my security codes have transferred over."

James stepped forward to the console and pressed the button. "Computer, stop turbolift six. Security Clearance James Hatchet, Four-Niner-November-Five." He paused slightly after the security code took place. It was a personal reminder for him of the event that changed his life, a day he wouldn't forget.

The computer chirped in response and the turbolift slowed to a stop. "That's a good sign for once." He said, after finding his voice, towards Nav.

Nodding, Nav let out a slow breath. She didn't have to dismantle anything, but she wasn't sure that it would stay that way. The lift might be slowing, but they weren't out of the woods yet.

"What now, Should I direct him back here or towards sickbay?" He asked.

"Sickbay," she said. "Contact the personnel there, and let them know that Keth is being rerouted, and has an unconcious crewman with him." Sighing she said, "It might be a good idea for Security to be on hand as well. You might want to get there early, and see if Nurse Greenberg is around. She has more information about Keth than we do. And she might have a spray bottle you can use on hand."

Moving to the communicator she pressed it, and said, "Ensign Khanguara to Doctor Keth," she wasn't sure what his whole name was, but she might find out before this was over. She was going to take a page out of Greenberg's book and try something. "You're being rerouted to Sickbay. The Ensign you have requires medical attention and all scans, known and unknown will be conducted there. Security will be on hand to assist you in case of any parasite activity." Or you'll get the bottle...

Tag: Keth

While Nav was working on contacting Keth, James activated the wall console. "Computer, route turbolift six to sickbay." There was the familiar chirp and the turbolift because moving again. Of course this left James and Nav with finding a longer route to sickbay.

Before they started off, James keyed the communicator. "Hatchet to Officer's Mess. Commander Sir, we've got the situation contained and will be diverting to sickbay without further incident I hope."

Tag: Commander

James pulled up the ship's schematics on the console and motioned for Nav. "I think we can get to sickbay by crossing the ship and using the port turbolift to bypass the one that Keth is in."

"We'd better run then," she said. "Let's see if we can't talk him down and find out what he's basing his diagnosis on." She hadn't seen a tricorder or any other piece of medical equipment. And the computer didn't capture anything on sensors, or in the medical clearance required to board.

"It should be this way, come on." James said getting his bearings and starting off.

She followed him, one salad dressing out and the other slipped into her belt. And all she wanted was a nice quiet evening. Well, this might be the perfect precursor for what she might expect in the 5 years to come.

-A corridor near sickbay-

James was a bit out of breath as they rounded the last corner and found the doors to the turbolift. Just down the hall, he saw the markings of sickbay. Now if we can get there without further incident. It's only about fifty feet. He stopped and took a breath. "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be," Nav replied. Tag: Keth (Can you hear us outside the turbolift?)

James activated the console next to the turbolift, "Computer remove lock on turbolift six. Security Clearance James Hatchet, Four-Niner-November-Five." The familiar chirp was followed by a sound from the turbolift as the doors released and opened.

Tag: Keth, Nav

---

A Joint Post by Ensign Keth Soban, Ensign Navkiran Khangura, and Ensign James Hatchet
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Postby Melissa Richards » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden
CMO

<<Private Quarters/On the way to sickbay>>

A book was a good way to unwind. An old one. A classic. The Winds of War.

Jill was just sitting down and reading about how Pug Henry had arrived home and was telling his wife Rhoda about how they were being transferred to Berlin as he was now military attache, when her quarters were signaled.

Apparently there was some kind of row going on that involved Ensign Keth Soban and his carrying around some crew woman he claimed was sick. Vodden put down her book and hit the intercom.

"This is Dr, Vodden. Please state the nature of why Ensign Soban thinks she is sick?"

The sickbay staff currently on duty had no idea what was going on, but apparently security was now involved, and that set off a string of curses which Vodden didn't normally do. She got up, straightened her uniform, then headed out the door. That Huanni is beginning to be a real pain in the ass. she thought darkly as she headed into the turbolift then taking the handle said. "Sickbay." in a curt tone.

Arriving, she entered and looked around, "Alright, does somebody want to tell me please what's going on here?"

TAGS

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:40 pm

"GET BACK! G-G-Get BACK!"

That phrase would have sounded a lot more intimidating, and might even have been intimidating up to a point, had Keth not been cowering on the far side of the turbolift. Of course how an overly tall, over strong, and ever so slightly over enthusiastic tabby cat could cower was a question for the ages. And yet, on the far side of the turbolift was Keth, sat down against the back wall with his knees pressed against his chest and his arms tightly wrapped about them.

Even his tail was hugging his ankles.

Ensign Choa on the other hand was sprawled on her back along the door side of the lift, letting a groan as consciousness returned to her. At the sound arising from her Keth let out another little eep, and seemed to hug himself tighter. And then Jill's voice appeared, demanding to know what was happening. And that was the moment when Keth showed off that, in all truth, Huanni were not quite mammals.

They were Tiggers.

Muscles contracted and released with explosive force, and the Huanni leaped with a shocking amount of grace and skill through the gap between Jame and Nav's head and the top of the Turbolift door. If this had been the Olympics the Huanni would have been walking away with, at minimum, the silver for this event. As it stood the Huanni had been asked not to send a team to the next Olympics due to...well being a touch to enthusiastic. Their marathon team was still going, and the competition had ended a month before. Questions were being raised about who was bringing them food and water, though more were curious to see how far they could go. Especially Las Vegas bookies.

Keth landed in a crouch on the opposite side of the two would be rescuers, turned on a heel and glared with big green eyes at Jill. Now in all honest he just meant to hold her shoulders to keep himself steady, and calmly explain his situation. Instead he held on, shook slightly, and spoke in a voice that seemed to disobey some of the laws of physics. What he meant to say would have sounded a little bit like this.

"I was going to put the files away when this Ensign approached me and began to talk in a slurred and violent manner. I assumed something was wrong with her and wanted to be sure that she was alright. I noticed a number of psychical deformities, around her ocular region and the skin tone suggested a jaundice. I surmised that there was a slight chance that it could have been a neural parasite, causing stroke like symptoms and the jaundice could be from extra chemicals being pumped into her blood by the self same parasite. I attempted to bring her here when numerous crewmen tried to stop me, at which point I surmised that I was dealing with a wide spread infection."

Now, in and of itself that sounds like a good piece of logical deduction. Okay it did have some minor holes in, but being an alien those could be explained away as items lost in translation. But when you're being shook quite eagerly by a creature your brain is telling you was trying to eat your ancestor ten thousand years ago, it comes out slightly differently. After all big cats often go for the weakest in the pack, almost being attracted to them like magnets. So what he actually did say, came out like this.

"She looked different!" Keth squeaked, eyes wide with terror as he gripped Jills shoulders "And she was all slurry and speaking a language I didn't understand, and I knew-I KNEW that I had seen those symptoms before! It was on this PSA I saw when I was at Starfleet Medical, about brain eating parasites! And they were just like that! Well maybe not like that because it was a scary PSA and I didn't watch all of it, well I did but I had my hands over my eyes for the scary parts, and there was LOTS of scary parts-OH! OHOH! It was called Dawn of the Semi-Dead! Which I thought was an odd name for a Public Safety Announcement, but there are so many PSA's with funny titles! And then everyone began to chase me, and I thought they were all coming to get ME! LIke...chase me down!"

He then turned Jill about, thrusting her forward as a knight might do a shield to place her between himself and the 'zombies' Nav and James.

"As my boss I formally tell you I do not have the training to deal with brain eating zombies, there was never a test for these at the Academy!" he wailed.

TAG-All. I hope you all feel really proud of yourselves, scaring Keth like this. Expect a personal log entry to match this terrifying spectacle.

Ensign Keth Soban
Medical
USS Legacy
Gods Curse Upon Mankind for all the Cat Pictures on the Internet.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Nav blinked during this entire explanation that would have made her laugh if it hadn't resulted in some rather unique situation that had her smack dab in the centre of it. She was concerned for the crewman on the ground, and Keth who was now quivering on the other side of a woman whose demeanour and uniform suggested that she was the ranking Medical officer aboard the Legacy. This was not how she would have hoped to have met the woman, nor would she have preferred to be have been toting two full spray bottles of Raspberry Vinaigrette.

She stood stock still, unsure if her movements might be misconstrued as an attack, or even as another attempt at subduing him. Either way, she was sure she didn't want to add insult to injury. She looked between Hatchett and Keth and then to the CMO. Nodding at her, she decided to speak to Keth directly.

"I'm sorry, Keth," Nav said quietly and soothingly, voice low. "I had no idea that you had been subjected to such terrible and frightening things." She felt helpless but didn't want him to be afraid of her. All she had been trying to do was help. That's all she ever wanted to do.

But it didn't alleviate the issue they now faced, and she said quite plainly, "If I can in any way prove to you that I am not a brain eating zombie, nor part of a revolution to take over the world in parasitic form, I will do it." She reached out a hand and said quite calmly, "Please, Keth, accept my sincerest apologies."

~Tag Keth / All

She was quite upset, but did her best to keep it out of her voice. However might they explain that what he had seen was a form of entertainment and not meant to scare the bejeezus out of alien species trying to learn about their culture was quite possibly beyond her scope. But it didn't make her any less angry about it happening.

What kind of idiots would do such a thing? Nav had no idea, so instead, she decided to ask him. "Who showed you these PSAs, Keth?" She hoped he would still consider answering a question from a person who had been chasing him through the ship like a brain sucking zombie with impeccable taste. After all, who wouldn't have brains with a lovely light dressing?

~Tag Keth and all in the corridor

Ensign Navkiran Khangura (so far) - Engineering

Amanda Rose

Postby Melissa Richards » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden
CMO

Vodden listened with wide eyes to Keth's explanation and then was suddenly finding herself thrust forward between him and the security people. She sighed deeply, then turned back around. "Ensign Soban, I'm unaware of any Starfleet Medical training video concerning what you just described. I would guess that in a vernacular used for mid-shipmen at Starfleet Academy, someone has pulled a 'practical joke' on you, or you were mis-led into thinking something else was...what you saw."

She pulled away from him and stood straighter. It seemed the only way to deal with the Huanni was to be firm and in control. Even if he could squash her like a bug. "I want you to talk to these security people and tell them exactly what you just told me. Slowly..firmly..and concisely. Take your time. It seems.." she looked over her shoulder at the two officers.."that a mistake has been made. But, we'll correct it, right now." She turned back to Keth. "Ensign Soban..I'm going to check on our patient.." she slowly moved around him.."and you..are going to cooperate with the nice security people..alright?"

Vodden went to the turbolift and bent down to check the woman who was regaining consciousness. "You're going to be alright. Just sit up, let me check you over." She pulled a small tricorder from her belt. "Just a slight case of mistaken...training material apparently."

tags

Amanda Rose

Postby Foxy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Before they started off, James keyed the communicator. "Hatchet to Officer's Mess. Commander Sir, we've got the situation contained and will be diverting to sickbay without further incident I hope."

“Thank you, Hatchet. Glad to hear you have it under control. Wilson out,” Phil toggled the comms with a sigh of relief.

It wasn't actually so much that the situation was under control, although that was in and of itself good news. His relief was in the fact that a junior security officer was showing dangerous signs of common sense. He'd seen all too many cases of gung ho youngsters who thought they knew it all, running into danger without even the sense to report in where they were going, let alone to wait for backup. This one had some potential. Maybe the latest batch were finally being recruited for their brains as well as their muscles.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:02 pm

Vodden went to the turbolift and bent down to check the woman who was regaining consciousness. "You're going to be alright. Just sit up, let me check you over." She pulled a small tricorder from her belt. "Just a slight case of mistaken...training material apparently."

Lieutenant Bird having woken from her attack looked over at Vodden and asked urgently, "Id ta Uawni Endin awwight? I tink I might ave cawwd him axidentawwy." (translation = Is the Huanni Ensingn alright? I think I might have scared him accidentally.) "I need to apowogize. I did not mean it. Jut the tecuwwity Endin wad mean to im." (Translation = I need to apologize. I did not mean it. Just the Security Ensign was mean to him.)

tag - Vodden

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Postby Melissa Richards » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:07 am

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden
CMO

Lieutenant Bird having woken from her attack looked over at Vodden and asked urgently, "Id ta Uawni Endin awwight? I tink I might ave cawwd him axidentawwy." (translation = Is the Huanni Ensingn alright? I think I might have scared him accidentally.) "I need to apowogize. I did not mean it. Jut the tecuwwity Endin wad mean to im." (Translation = I need to apologize. I did not mean it. Just the Security Ensign was mean to him.)

----

Jill wasn't sure she heard right. The woman was difficult to understand, and this might be why the Huanni had an issue with her. She nodded and gently helped her up. "Things are fine." she answered hoping that was enough. "Let's get you to sickbay and look you over, though I'm sure just from what I'm seeing here you're alright. No broken bones or lacerations. But, there is minor head trauma, so let's just take a few minutes, put you on a bio bed, and see what's going on. More comprehensive then a tricorder scan." she smiled and helped the officer out of the turbolift.

"See, she's fine." the CMO said softly and looked at Soban. "She wants to talk to you, just be aware, she is different. Not all humans are the same Ensign, you're going to learn that about us. Some talk different, many act different. I'll meet with you later to talk about the video you saw and see if I can direct you on a path that would be more appropriate.," She turned to the two security officers. "Please release Ensign Soban to me, it's obvious we have some work to do.."

TAGS

Amanda Rose

Postby dpwilliams2 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:47 am

"See, she's fine." the CMO said softly and looked at Soban. "She wants to talk to you, just be aware, she is different. Not all humans are the same Ensign, you're going to learn that about us. Some talk different, many act different. I'll meet with you later to talk about the video you saw and see if I can direct you on a path that would be more appropriate.," She turned to the two security officers. "Please release Ensign Soban to me, it's obvious we have some work to do.."

"Yes ma'am," James said. "Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance."

TAG CMO

James turned to the Huanni. "I hope that we can sit and have a chat sometime. I would rather do that then have to chase you around the ship." He smiled politely.

TAGS

Amanda Rose

Postby Melissa Richards » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: Taking Flight - Pre-Mission 1 (First Day on Ship)

Unread postby dpwilliams2 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:47 am

"Yes ma'am," James said. "Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance."

"I'll do that. Thank you, Ensign." Vodden gave a reassuring nod. "Now Mr. Soban. You and our patient here can come to sickbay and we can see what's ailing her. if we don't find anything, we can release her, and I can get back to my book since technically I'm supposed to be off duty right now."

James turned to the Huanni. "I hope that we can sit and have a chat sometime. I would rather do that then have to chase you around the ship." He smiled politely.

TAGS

Return to “Archives”