Taking Flight - Pre-Mission 1 First Day on Ship

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Taking Flight - Pre-Mission 1 First Day on Ship

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:51 pm

"I'm Keth! I'm sort of new here as well."

The question will often be asked, seeing as this is a five year mission, but just how can a giant cat with eyes that could very well stand in for landing lights on a runway be so good at sneaking. Yes there were other people walking past the door to sickbay when CMO and Ensign collided, but still the Huanni wasn't exactly filed under the world 'subtle'.

Speaking of filing, the collection of medical files Keth had been leafing through were thrown onto the pile of personal effects and clothing that had been dumped onto the floor. It was a strange place to put ones effects, but Keth was sure this was just another one of those human societal habits he'd run into whilst on Earth. Such as personal space, which he had invaded quite easily. He grinned widely at Vodden and Elliot, showing that impressive art of dentistry that was a near match for another set of dentures drifting 500 miles below their feet as the Legacy and Starbase One orbited above Africa.

"So, guess we're going to be working together!" he said in a voice far to enthusiastic to belong to anyone above the age of five "Thats going to be exciting right? Going out into the big black thing, and we get to make sure everyone comes back! And all those weird new alien critter's we're going to find! I can tell you that I am pretty juiced about the whole thing! And can I ask you two a question, cause I've only been here a day or so, but am I wearing the right color? Cause I see a lot of folks wearing red and I just want to make sure I'm doing this color coordination thing right."

He laughed nervously.

"I'd do it by scent but we all know how that would turn out right?"

He nearly slapped Elliot on the back, the sort of action one might take in a comradely fashion. But Keth stopped himself: two slipped disks and a collar bone with a new fuse line in it had taught him humans were not exactly durably. So instead he used a claw tip to pluck a small piece of lint from Elliot's shoulder.

TAG-Elliot and Vodden. Guess we're bunkies now! :mrgreen:

Keth Soban
Ensign/Medical
USS Legacy
Token Furry Alien (NOT token furry)
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Postby Iar Edra » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:19 pm

Aislinn walked back to her quarters. The Legacy was now en route to...somewhere. She didn't think any specific mission had been determined quite yet. But they were out of orbit of Earth, and as all the activity quieted down, shift rotations started. She would have a later shift to start off with, until the Chief and his assistants could best organize their officers. She'd noticed a lot of ensigns down there, so that stood to mean there would be a breaking-in period, as everyone got used to their schedules, and moving around and with each other in Sci. The couple interactions she'd had as they left orbit were fine, but not much more than spitting out current readings and acknowledgments. There hadn't been much personal conversation that she'd seen. She was fine with that. She liked keeping work business separate from personal interactions.
As the doors to her quarters swooshed open, she stepped inside. She'd take a little while to put her stuff away, and clean herself up. Perhaps after that, she'd go to the Mess hall. It'd be nice to make some friends since she'd be here for the next 5 years.
5 Years. It felt like a long bit of her future she was looking at, but something told her, perhaps collective conversations she'd had with older relatives, that she'd look back on this as a relative blink in time. A very practical part of her reminded her that odds were likely that at least a handful of people aboard would not make it back. Obviously, she hoped she wasn't one of those...but, who knows what the future holds.
Stepping out of the shower, she decided she's had enough philosophical thoughts for the day. She towel dried her hair, got some casual, comfortable clothes on, made sure she was presentable, and headed for the Mess Hall.
She walked in, and strode across the floor toward the chef's station. As she passed several tables, she scanned, because, well, she tended to be nosy. She noticed several people drinking tea, which sounded absolutely delightful. As she continued, she noticed the pot of tea and poured herself some, added some cream and sugar, and proceeded to where the chef was doling out his daily specialty. She took whatever he offered, having learned early at the Academy not to turn down food, and not to be too picky about it. As she finished, she turned to find a place to sit and enjoy her meal.
<tag>

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Postby Azaria » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:21 pm

Marian sighed and replayed the footage she had so far assembled for her first official press release for her project. It ran smoothly, leading with a shot of the LEGACY from a shuttle craft, the hustling crowds on-board, fresh faces and bright eyes, sharp salutes from the colour party, bosun's calls trilling, dignitaries clapping, and Jackson's hair flip.

The woman certainly knew how to charm a crowd, so as long as Marian focused on the ship's company as a whole rather than just the command team, she would have no problems... theoretically, at least. The younger women seemed determined to not only wreck Marian's career defining project, but undermine her own authority while she was at it. Not to mention just being a plain biatch for no good reason.

'She takes some getting used to' Wilson had claimed. Marian scoffed, she had met more people than she could count that you just had to 'get used to'. Most often, they really were the dinks they initially came off as, they were just very good at manipulating people into ignoring or forgiving them of their assholeish tendencies.

Whatever, I am not going to let 'Captain Cindy' ruin this project for me!
Xiang and I have been working on this for two years, getting everything in place, and I will be damned if I let a little bit of drama hamper my work!

As the little film ended with a trumpet fanfare and LEGACY's ship's crest shone brightly, the beleaguered Public Affairs Officer hit save with a yawn and glanced at her chrono. Dogs watch. The bridge would likely be empty but for the duty helmsman, petty officer, and officer of the watch. A fine time to grab a bit of footage and count stars.

It had been some time since Marian had last been offworld other than on space stations, or short cruises with scientific or rescue vessels. She was no longer sure if all the emergency equipment was the same as the type she was last trained on. Reaching into a drawer she grabbed the old school paper 'know your ship book' all crew members had received upon completing their in routines. She flipped through the crisp pages with a smile and headed out the door.

The corridors were quiet but for the occasional duty roundsman, and a few weary looking souls who - after getting up to use the washrooms in the night - now could not remember which was their cabin. She provided assistance when she could, and tagged along with roundsmen as they did their check, making small talk and learning names.

It was a nice quiet evening, after a long day of ceremonies and activities as they took Legacy out for her first spin around the block. The lift ride up to the bridge, though, brought her into a melancholy. Her fingers brushed along the weld line that held the lift together. This had once been a piece of the Farragut - one of the few pieces of that ill fated ship that had been salvageable after Vulcan... she had kept track as the ships were built, what bits went where, thanks to friends in the shipyards.

Was Mark in this very lift when they came out of warp into Nero's trap? she wondered, fingers clenching into a fist against the smooth surface. Did he die here?

No, she shook her head and lowered her hand to her side. No, Mark hadn't died here... he died on a shuttle. Died as he was being rescued.

"Stop it!" she shouted to herself, punching the wall with sudden fury.

The lift obediently stopped its progress and bleeped at her questioningly.

"No, not you!" she sighed and rolled her head on her shoulders, willing the tension away. "carry on to the Bridge, please."

The lift blooped happily - and continued up about four inches before proudly blinging and opening its doors to reveal the quiet bridge. Marian stepped out with a sniff at the overly enthusiastic elevator, and ignored it until its doors closed and it went away.

"I think I was just sassed by an elevator!?!?"

Tags - anyone want to hang out with a moody, sleep deprived Lieutenant? ;)

(If any of the terms I have used make no sense, let me know - I have no idea anymore which terms are used in the real world outside of the military. Lol...... sigh)

Amanda Rose

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:09 pm

The toast over, Nav put her cup down on the table after taking another soul-cleansing sip. She noticed more people coming into the Messhall, and there was plenty of room still at the table with the Commander, and certainly at least another pot of tea to be had between them.

She smiled at each of them, and wondered if they might want to sit. She hadn't seen them before, and it was always nice to meet new people, especially when there would be five years to get to know everyone. But, there was no time like the present.

Tag Messhall folkseses

Amanda Rose

Postby Melissa Richards » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden
CMO
Corridor outside sickbay

"I'm Keth! I'm sort of new here as well."

The question will often be asked, seeing as this is a five year mission, but just how can a giant cat with eyes that could very well stand in for landing lights on a runway be so good at sneaking. Yes there were other people walking past the door to sickbay when CMO and Ensign collided, but still the Huanni wasn't exactly filed under the world 'subtle'.

Speaking of filing, the collection of medical files Keth had been leafing through were thrown onto the pile of personal effects and clothing that had been dumped onto the floor. It was a strange place to put ones effects, but Keth was sure this was just another one of those human societal habits he'd run into whilst on Earth. Such as personal space, which he had invaded quite easily. He grinned widely at Vodden and Elliot, showing that impressive art of dentistry that was a near match for another set of dentures drifting 500 miles below their feet as the Legacy and Starbase One orbited above Africa.

"So, guess we're going to be working together!" he said in a voice far to enthusiastic to belong to anyone above the age of five "Thats going to be exciting right? Going out into the big black thing, and we get to make sure everyone comes back! And all those weird new alien critter's we're going to find! I can tell you that I am pretty juiced about the whole thing! And can I ask you two a question, cause I've only been here a day or so, but am I wearing the right color? Cause I see a lot of folks wearing red and I just want to make sure I'm doing this color coordination thing right."

He laughed nervously.

"I'd do it by scent but we all know how that would turn out right?"

He nearly slapped Elliot on the back, the sort of action one might take in a comradely fashion. But Keth stopped himself: two slipped disks and a collar bone with a new fuse line in it had taught him humans were not exactly durably. So instead he used a claw tip to pluck a small piece of lint from Elliot's shoulder.
------

Vodden was trying to decide who of these two was less disciplined. The one who knocked her to the floor or the Huanni who obviously thought he was still a child. These two were on her staff?? She sighed and turned to address the new addition that wasn't human. "Hello Ensign." she said in a rather business-like voice. "Yes, we're going to be working together for awhile.." she glanced at Elliot. "So we all need to get something straight please. Arriving to work on time, wearing the proper uniform, and the use of rank and decorum is important. Without it, order breaks down." She wondered what the captain and XO thought of that. In a less formal environment, she was fine with bending some rules. But on a ship, it was far different then a lab on a station. Everyone had to be on their toes at almost every moment.

She turned back to the Huanni. "Ensign Keth, please pick up your files. They don't belong on the floor. Second, yes you're wearing blue, so you should be wearing the right color for medical or science, unless of course the uniform colors have changed and I wasn't informed." Hopefully that wasn't the case.

She looked back at Elliot and spoke softly. "Tomorrow I think we'll do better now that we know what to do, correct?"

tags-you're driving her nuts LOL

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Postby T-Prime » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:58 pm

It had taken TK all day and most of the night, but the tactical console was perfect. Of course Engineering was no help. He didn't blame them though, they probably had their hands full keeping this tub from coming apart at the seams.

Well, time to hit the mess hall for a well earned drink. He headed for the turbolift and just managed to dodge the PA Officer as she exited.

Amanda Rose

Postby dpwilliams2 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Phil smiled. The idea of ascribing gender to a ship had always amused him, especially when the allegedly female ship had a blatantly male name like the Sir Winston Churchill.

"I'm glad to hear it." He refilled his cup and raised it in toast. "Long may he do so."

"To Frankie, Sir," Nav said, raising her own cup, tapping it against the Commander's gently. "Here's to him bringing us there, and back again."

The toast over, Nav put her cup down on the table after taking another soul-cleansing sip. She noticed more people coming into the Messhall, and there was plenty of room still at the table with the Commander, and certainly at least another pot of tea to be had between them.

She smiled at each of them, and wondered if they might want to sit. She hadn't seen them before, and it was always nice to meet new people, especially when there would be five years to get to know everyone. But, there was no time like the present.

James looked over at the impromptu to toast. It was nice to see people enjoying themselves. Gathering his small meal, he stood and walked over.

"Mind if I take a seat?" He said.

TAG

It was then that he noticed the same man that had been at the umbilical cord earlier. "Sir," He said, standing more stiffly.

TAG

"Of course Sir, I'm sure he's found new laces by now." James said almost laughing at the joke.

TAG

Amanda Rose

Postby Iar Edra » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Where to sit...where to sit...

Aislinn looked around, trying to find a table where she could eat. Most occupied tables seems to have people already deep in conversations, but she spied one a few tables deep, with a couple sitting, and someone who appeared to be just joining them. She thought she'd give it a try.

As she approached, she noticed that 2 of the occupants were Ensigns. So, in all likelihood everyone was meeting each other for the first time. She heard the gentleman still standing say "Mind if I take a seat?"

She walked up to his far side. "Or two?"

<Tag>

She then noticed that the 3rd person there was definitely not an Ensign. In fact, it was Cmdr Wilson, whom she'd spoken to earlier when taking the PADD to the bridge. "Commander." She said as way of greeting as she nodded.

<tag>

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 am

James looked over at the impromptu to toast. It was nice to see people enjoying themselves. Gathering his small meal, he stood and walked over.

"Of course not," said Nav looking at the Commander. It didn't look like he minded the additions. "Please, join us."

<Tag>

Nav laughed and nodded. "Not at all, plenty of room."

It was then that he noticed the same man that had been at the umbilical cord earlier. "Sir," He said, standing more stiffly.

TAG

She then noticed that the 3rd person there was definitely not an Ensign. In fact, it was Cmdr Wilson, whom she'd spoken to earlier when taking the PADD to the bridge. "Commander." She said as way of greeting as she nodded.

<tag>

"Of course Sir, I'm sure he's found new laces by now." James said almost laughing at the joke.

TAG

It was quite clear that they had met the Commander earlier; perhaps when he and the Captain were taking their measure of the ship. She politely waited until they had finished speaking and then said, "I'm Ensign Navkiran Khangura and I work in Engineering," by way of introduction.

Tags Mess Folks

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Postby dpwilliams2 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:21 am

"Of course not," said Nav looking at the Commander. It didn't look like he minded the additions. "Please, join us."

<Tag>

Nav laughed and nodded. "Not at all, plenty of room."

TAG

<tag>

TAG

It was quite clear that they had met the Commander earlier; perhaps when he and the Captain were taking their measure of the ship. She politely waited until they had finished speaking and then said, "I'm Ensign Navkiran Khangura and I work in Engineering," by way of introduction.

"Ensign James Hatchet," James said. "Security."

TAG: Aislinn

James took a seat and placed his quaint meal and drink in front of him.

Tags Mess Folks

"No offense Commander," James said. "I'm sorry for how out of hand things seemed earlier."

TAG Phil

Return to “Archives”