Arrival at Legacy

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Arrival at Legacy

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Postby Azaria » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:23 am

Cindy threw her long platinum blond hair to another side of her unintentionally dramatically. Cindy gave a wider smile when she realized what she had done and looked directly at Marian, hoping that the spy was losing control of her bowels at the gesture.

Meanwhile, Marian only barely glanced at the dias, catching just a flash of gold shimmer as the CO tossed her hair, too engrossed in her work of flipping through the various video feeds and creating footage bundles for news bulletins. She did, however, see the **** eating grin 'Cindy' sent in the direction of the now confused-looking Admiral's Aide de Campe.

'Hah, she thinks I'm sitting there... the lights must be too bright for her to see I'm not there.' Marian chortled and shook her head. Well, it would seem that Xiang - sneaky, sneaky bastard - had left her to deal with a twenty year old who thought she was still the head cheerleader. Great. At least when the woman made an absolute ass of herself she would have that to keep her amused.

Of course, the Admirals' direction to go through the XO rather than the CO, and to not focus on the command team but rather the crew as a whole was starting to make sense now. Obviously the woman couldn't be a complete tool, though, otherwise there would be no way she would have made it to where she is now, but she sure wasn't doing her best to convince Marian. She could only give a shrug and a sigh before turning back to her work.

This would be a looooong 5 years.

taggles all
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Postby Lucasausems » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:03 am

When Luke introduced himself, Cindy gave him a winning smile and said, "Very nice to meet you, Ensign Osswell. However," she said with a wink, "an introduction usually requires more than a name. Perhaps you could tell me a bit about yourself. After all, I will be commanding you for five years." Cindy's voice gave no hint that she made an innuendo about commanding him, but there was a smile in her voice.

At that Luke had to chuckle a bit. "Well, Miss, I'm single and good-looking, what else would you possibly want to know?" He gave her a wink and sat back down. What? She didn't want to be formal, besides, she started it, might as well play along. He would be here 5 years, no need to scare the captain away, like Ensign grumpy-pants at Tactical. 5 years in a metal cage with friends sounded better than 5 years in a metal cage alone.

That was truly a surprise. Where did the time go, she wondered. She stood up from the chair and gave a delighted smile at her crew and said, "I will see you all soon. We will have five years together, so we may as well get comfortable. I'll leave the ceremony on shipwide comm so that everyone can hear it. But I am more anxious to get this ship in the skies. "What say you, Mr. Osswell? Agree?"

"Systems prepped and ready to fly, Cap'n Cindy". Luke said as he professionally pushed some buttons. As the captain left with the creepy woman behind them, Luke checked once more if everything was ready. He and the rest of the crew listened to the words of the Captain. She knew how to do a speech, and not only the verbal part of it. He inhaled a deep breath through his teeth as she waved her hair around at one particular point.

Maybe this trip wouldn't be so bad after all.

Maybe.

Tags

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:41 pm

While everyone was at the ceremony, rubbing elbows with the Brass and enjoying a lot of pomp and circumstance, Nav was in her quarters on the floor, using an old-fashioned pencil, drafting supplies and a rubberized eraser. Not easy things to come by, but she had the means to source old tech. No matter how wonderful the spatial software had gotten, and how much she could do in three-dimensional space, it still felt right to create something, as her father would have called it, 'Old School.' She had no scale as a frame of reference, not yet, but the measurements weren't part of conception. That was part of design.

She had the audio from the Ceremony piped in, and listened to all of the hope and music accompanying the send off. They sounded so idealistic, and stopped to listen to the Captain's speech. She could hear the excitement in her voice, and Nav smiled. Putting the end of the pencil into her mouth, she took another look at the drawings.

It was an adapter, specifically in mind for the large paws of a Huanni Doctor. Yes, he might be a bit overenthusiastic, and yes he might even squeeze the life out of her when she was done, but at least he would be able to use most of the equipment in Sick Bay. The concept was to ensure that anything of similar size could be inserted into the large adapter and the pads of his hands rather than fingers or claws, could operate it easily and without much effort. She would have to get proper measurements, that was one thing, and wrote it down on her plans. She would also need to requisition some of the parts from Engineering, and confirm with Medical that it was ok to proceed. She felt a little more prepared for the next encounter with the Doctor as she eyed the water bottle beside her on the carpeting.

This was the first step, and then? The biobed. Because she didn't look forward to anyone having to lift up a nine foot tall cat's bulk and have most of him scraping the ground trying to treat him. She hoped that it wouldn't be a necessary adjustment, but it made the most amount of sense to her that everyone on board should have equal opportunity to receive treatment. As long as he stayed away from sharp objects, and refrained from throwing them at biomonitors? She might be able to get the adapter done sooner rather than later. But as the speeches wound down, Nav knew she'd have to secure her quarters. She was hoping to get one of the best seats in the house to watch their take off. Engines were good, but she still ached to see the stars more close up than any Khangura before her.

Tags
Just a 'what were you doing when they were giving speeches' post - Anyone needs an Engineer? Just ask. :)

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:58 pm

When the ceremony was over, Cindy had stayed to politely accept whatever words of encouragement and congratulations that were offered. However, she was itching to get to the ship and it started to show. With each handshake, she edged further and further from the stage and closer to the lift to her ship. She spotted Phil and bolted towards him, as if he was to save her from all of the politicians. "So," she asked nonchalantly, "good show?"

Phil nodded approvingly. "Right mixture of acknowledging the past, while embracing the potential of the future and of course the charming hair flip to finish it all off. If our very own PR officer can't get some tasty morsels out of that, I'd be amazed."

Neatly, he waved at someone the far side of the room, his arm accidentally-on-purpose blocking another well-wisher from approaching the Captain.

"Had enough partying yet?" he asked her.

"Party's only just getting started!" she stated excitedly. "We have five years of partying!"She pushed herself close to Phil and quickly put her arm around his waist, gave a gentle squeeze and released. "What would I do without you?! You were clearly the right choice for my first officer. You're such a dear. I saw what you just did!"tag

Phil grunted. "I shall have to be subtler, then.... But I did tell you, I have your back."

"You know, Phil," she said flirtatiously, "most guys would want more than that." She then laughed heartily, as if the mere thought of Phil being with anyone was absurd.

"Five years of partying..." Phil echoed wistfully, not entirely sure whether that seemed a matter of celebration or dread.

Cindy giggled a bit and then turned serious, "So," she said looking around to make sure that Marian was nowhere in sight. Lowering her voice she whispered, "What do you think of that PR Officer?"

"I think she needs to learn to respect you enough to let you know when she's filming..." Phil acknowledged, "But..." he made sure his voice was low enough for only her to hear, "I also think you need to accord her the respect to let her do her job when she does so."

"I don't like her, Phil," she said cautiously. "I don't trust her. I hate to say it but I think she might be a plant. Why else would Xiang suddenly not be here?"

"A plant? Interesting. But to what end? What would her objective be?"

"I don't know! Discredit me? Legacy? You're the one that's all about tactics...."

"What history do you and Xiang have...?" queried Phil. "I wasn't aware of any major objections to your appointment."

"History? Well, we had worked together before. We've always been friendly...." Cindy looked at Phil like that should be the most obvious conclusion in the world. After all, it was rare that someone was not friendly with her.

"Hmm, well rest assured, I will be keeping my eyes open. If I see anything suspicious, I will let you know," Phil assured her. It was far too early and he had far too little evidence of any skullduggery, but he knew what her instincts were like, so wouldn't take the chance on ruling anything out either.

"Thanks, Phil! You're wonderful. So glad I'm going to have you by my side for five years." She looked at him, green eyes beaming.

Phil caught himself smiling back, darn her.

"How about we get the last of the guests out of here and get this party started?" he suggested.

"I can hardly wait!" she exclaimed, practically squealing. "Oh," she said with an afterthought, "What'd you think of the navigator and tactical officer?"

"You have Helm eating out of your hand already; but if you distract Tactical anymore than you already are, we'll end up inside the next gravitic anomaly we pass... Please be gentle with them."

"The Ensign seems sweet but I think he went a bit too far, don't you? As to the Tactical officer, we're definitely going to have to be gentle with him. I'll give him my best charming smile."

"Lieutenant Williams is distinctly..." Phil fished for the phrase, "... old school. Try giving him some orders. That should relax him."

Cindy blinked a few times. "Just regular orders?" She shook her head. "Seems counterintuitive but you are probably right. He seems rather hard core. Just going to be awkward when everyone else calls me Cindy."

"What would be awkward is making him call you that before he's ready to," observed Phil.

"You know that I hate it when you're right," she playfully huffed. "Well, I suppose we should get to the ship quickly. I would hate to get further distracted from our mission. Each second here is a second less out in space!"

"One last farewell to the ladies and gentlemen, then?" Phil inclined his head toward the last few guests, raiding the last of the drinks and nibbles, "before duty steals you away...?"

Cindy nodded as she spotted Admiral Wheeler at the table declining in food and drink. "We should thank him for his wonderful speech."

Phil nodded and waved his hand for Cindy to take the lead, while he took what would be his regular place, to one side and a step behind her."

Cindy walked up to Admiral Wheeler and said, "Thank you for the speech, Admiral. It was wonderful," she beamed.

Wheeler asked, "May I have a moment of both of your time?"

A frown creased Phil's brow. It was a bit late for second thoughts, so what was this - a personal message? Or perhaps something else....

"Sir," he acknowledged.

The Admiral walked with the two to a quiet corner. "I appreciate your indulgence. I know that you both must be anxious to get to your ship."

It was the quietest Cindy had been all day, which Phil found worrying.

"Yes, sir. We are keen to be on our way."

Cindy felt like something was up but she could not put her finger on it. She just sat and listened as Wheeler stated, "Let me be clear to both of you. If this had been up to me, neither of you would be on this mission. You, Captain Jackson are young and not seasoned enough for the chair. In fact, you treat it like this is a field trip. This is serious business. And you, Commander Wilson, while you had a great career, you belong in the classroom now. In an emergency, how can you serve with that limp?"

"Sir, with the greatest respect..." Phil knew full well that was a phrase that was never used in its literal meaning, "...we are the best you have available, give the current circumstances. I believe you can have faith in the training provided by the Officer's Academy and the technical skill of Starfleet's medical engineers."

Phil's eyes narrowed. Wheeler. Hobbies included literature and history, particularly European.... "Or, if you would prefer, perhaps a quote from the works of Arthur Ransome.... Better drowned than duffers. If not duffers, won't drown."

Wheeler grimaced at the reference. "I just want to make one thing clear to both of you. Consider yourself on a short leash. I was curious as to who you would select as a crew and you seem to have done an adequate job. And as you said, Commander, right now you may be the best but that may not be true forever...."

Cindy's eyes darkened slightly as she countered, "Just because I have a different style does not mean I am ineffective. I have always achieved high ratings and I a highly skilled scientist. We will prove you wrong."

"Now, if you'll excuse us Admiral, we are needed back on the bridge," Phil wasn't sure which of them was likely to challenge the Admiral to a duel first, but the risk was increasing by the minute and a tactical retreat seemed the best bet for a continuing career path.

"Yes, you are," the Admiral stated. "Just remember what I said, Commander and Captain. There is more out in space other than exploration and you will need all your wits about you. You will receive your assignment tomorrow. Today is ceremonial. Feel free to head in any direction. Today is your day. Tomorrow is mine."

Phil snapped a salute, uttered "Sir!" then turned on his heels and marched, walking stick tucked under his arm, to the turbolift. He'd probably regret it later, but it needed to be done.

Cindy saluted as well. The Admiral returned the salute and then dismissed himself.

Cindy looked over at Phil and he could tell she was seething inside. "Wasn't that pleasant? Now maybe we know where our PR officer came from."

Phil grunted. "Well, we'd better give them a damned good show, eh... Captain?"

"We'll show him," Cindy vowed. "One grumpy old Admiral is not going to break us. I promise." She beamed a hopeful smile at Phil.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Postby dpwilliams2 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 pm

James stood at one of the windows on either side of the umbilical cord to the USS Legacy. He stared out the window at the ship, something deep within him striking accord with the ship. Both he and the ship had been reborn from a tragedy and only time would tell if it was for the better. He was so lost in thought and reflection that he didn't notice his brother come up behind him.

Elliot strolled through the halls, clean, and white; the epitome of the modern era. He glanced around, "Great, five minutes here and I'm already lost." He spun, trying to get his bearings, but it all looked the same. Elliot wasn't the most directionally skilled officer. He'd passed the officer training course, but he was a doctor, not a helmsman. He took off down another hallway, rounding corners without much care; another after another swept past. He rounded his final corner, an airlock, windows and a redshirt greeted him. "Thank my stars." Elliot thought to himself. As he neared the redshirt, he realized it was his brother. "Figures he's already here..." He walked up and stood next to him, out the window, the Legacy loomed. "Ain't that a sight...?" Elliot murmured. His first position, daunting, and exciting all at the same time. There it was, a small umbilical away.

James came back from self-reflecting and turned to his brother. They had just recently graduated and James was still getting used to seeing the blue uniform. Of course his own uniform, in red, was just as strange but he was coming around.

"Does it feel real yet?" Elliot questioned, nudging his brother with his elbow. "You and me, always got each other..!" Spoken more as an thought than directed towards anyone.

"Always," James all but whispered more to himself than his brother. He'd stuck his neck out time and time again for his brother and in return Elliot had done the same. There wasn't much that could keep these two apart, James made sure of it. He'd gone so far as finding all the possible assignments that could take both of them and then they both had applied. With help from their instructors at the academy, they'd managed to land these assignments on board the USS Legacy.

From the indicator on the wall, the ship was finishing final preparations to get underway while her Captain was speaking at the launching ceremony. For now, they'd better get on board to take care of the formalities and meet their superior officers. Bending over slightly, he hooked the strap of the duffel bag and slung it over his shoulder.

"Wouldn't want to be late. They might just leave you behind." James said and slightly smiled.

Elliot’s eyes widened. “I’ve never been late, classes were always cutthroat. I can’t be late…!” Spinning on his heels, Elliot darted down the umbilical, cinching the straps on his duffel a little tighter. Behind him, Elliot heard the heavier patter of his brother, close on his heels. He twisted slightly and cocked his head to the side, glancing behind him. A dozen paces behind him, was his brother, a slight smile on his face, and the look of competition in his eye. Elliot knew that look, he knew it well. This had just become a race.

James had been waiting at the umbilical for a while while his brother had been wandering around the station, he'd be upset now if his brother beat him on board the ship. Head start or not, he didn't intend to give up without a fight.

Not even three seconds had passed, but Elliot was strides ahead of his brother. There wasn't much to do in the Academy besides study, and workout. He had to toughen himself to deal with how rambunctious James was, and that meant Elliot was use to pushing himself. "Breath!" Elliot inhaled sharply, fueling the strides he was taking. "I got this in the bag!" Elliot mused to himself.

"Right in the bag," James said reaching out, a play on Elliot's own words. *A few more inches* He thought to himself after coming up short. Reaching deep within, he found the extra burst of speed and closed those inches. Securing a grip on the bag, he meant to throw Elliot off balance but Elliot slowed down due to the end of the umbilical being so close. James had forgotten that part.

Slamming into Elliot, they both tumbled to the ground and slid the rest of the way onto the Legacy and right past the quartermaster welcoming crew on board.

Elliot's heart was in his ears -Lub dub- -lub dub-, he could have swore he heard James say something, but before he could comprehend anything, he felt a tug on his duffel, "he grabbed my bag..." Elliot understood now. Full sprint and now he was off balance. There wasn't much he could do now, but go down. One stride, two stride; the world started to shift as Elliot ended on the ground, James right behind him.

The clean floors Elliot had been admiring a few minutes earlier must have been recently polished. The brothers slid straight through the open umbilical doorway, barely loosing any speed from the race. The quartermaster barely looked up in time to shuffle out of the way. Profanities and scolding followed closely!

The hallway wasn't very wide, and it was very unforgiving. Little speed had been lost as Elliot crashed into the far wall, his brother a breath behind, sandwiching him with full force. "Ugh.." Elliot winced, "I think that still counts as me winning..." He rolled his brother off, and sprawled on the floor, sucking in much needed oxygen.

James lay on the ground gasping for breath as well. Or at least that's what he wanted to do until the quartermaster pulled him to his feet and separated the two.

"What's going on here Sir," The enlisted quartermaster demanded, looking from one to the other.

The little quartermaster man was angry. Red shirt to red shirt he lifted James off the floor, scolding him. "Dammit Jim," Elliot thought to himself, "always needing me to get you out of these situations."

Elliot scrambled to his feet, mid-scolding from the quartermaster. "He's getting red in the face, better stop that quickly." Elliot's mind raced thinking of something to say.

"Take a breath there-!" The quartermaster looked bewildered at being interrupted. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO?!" spit flying. "I'm a doctor, and..." Elliot started, behind the quartermaster, brass was approaching. Elliot had that intuition, 'Always know when the boss is around.' - a skill he had picked up in the academy.

TAG: Captain and Commander (On the way back from the ceremony I would assume.)

A Joint Post by

Ensign James Hatchet, Security Officer
and
Ensign Elliot Hatchet, Medical Officer (Not the giant cat)

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:36 pm

James lay on the ground gasping for breath as well. Or at least that's what he wanted to do until the quartermaster pulled him to his feet and separated the two.

"What's going on here Sir," The enlisted quartermaster demanded, looking from one to the other.

The little quartermaster man was angry. Red shirt to red shirt he lifted James off the floor, scolding him. "Dammit Jim," Elliot thought to himself, "always needing me to get you out of these situations."

Elliot scrambled to his feet, mid-scolding from the quartermaster. "He's getting red in the face, better stop that quickly." Elliot's mind raced thinking of something to say.

"Take a breath there-!" The quartermaster looked bewildered at being interrupted. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO?!" spit flying. "I'm a doctor, and..." Elliot started, behind the quartermaster, brass was approaching. Elliot had that intuition, 'Always know when the boss is around.' - a skill he had picked up in the academy.

Cindy's mood had been improving the further she got away from the Admiral. It also did not hurt that she did not see Marian, either. But what was before her was beyond belief, a security officer about to go off on the quartermaster and a medical officer who was clearly late for duty.

Cindy briefly debated the situation and decided this was one time where pulling rank was quite necessary. "Attention!" she called out. "Can somebody explain exactly what is happening here?"

tags - Phil, Hatchet brothers, Marian?

Amanda Rose

Postby dpwilliams2 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:28 am

Cindy's mood had been improving the further she got away from the Admiral. It also did not hurt that she did not see Marian, either. But what was before her was beyond belief, a security officer about to go off on the quartermaster and a medical officer who was clearly late for duty.

Cindy briefly debated the situation and decided this was one time where pulling rank was quite necessary. "Attention!" she called out. "Can somebody explain exactly what is happening here?"

James dropped and his feet in the deck as the quarter master snapped to attention, he likewise did the same. Casting a sideways glance at Elliot, he realized that they were the senior officers and should answer the situation. The quartermaster, very well their senior in age, was still an enlisted crew member and as officers, they were to set the example.

TAG Elliot

"As he said ma'am," James replied. "I was following him down the umbilical and slipped. The quartermaster was kind enough to help me up. A service for which I haven't had the chance to thank him for yet." A fact that wasn't untrue and he didn't harbor any ill will towards the quartermaster. After all, the quartermaster was seen as the person to handle minor disputes on the ship amongst other things. You could say he went as far as to protect the crew of the ship. Something James could idealize and relate with.

TAG Phil, Elliot, Marian?

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Postby anthony.snyder » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:30 am

James dropped and his feet in the deck as the quarter master snapped to attention, he likewise did the same. Casting a sideways glance at Elliot, he realized that they were the senior officers and should answer the situation. The quartermaster, very well their senior in age, was still an enlisted crew member and as officers, they were to set the example.

Elliot snapped stiff. She had authority, whoever she was. Commanding, yet elegant in her own means. Elliot caught James' glance, taking full concentration not to crack a smile. Why do we always end up in these situations, Jim? Elliot continued his internal monologue on the situation, Not even here five minutes and we're being berated, and by whom? His eyes darted, past the quartermaster who was standing so stiff, Elliot could have sworn he was creaking. The woman before him was in her gray dress uniform, Elliot's eyes still searching, looking for anyth...There it was, he saw it. Captain.

Of all the brass to walk up on this situation... Elliot had to think quickly, "Ma'am, it is my fault. I got turned around on my way here and was in a hurry. Thankfully Jim here..." Elliot gestured towards his brother, "...waited for me. We were hurrying, and I got caught up in my boot lace, pesky thing never wants to stay tied. Jim tried to catch me and...', Another hand gesture, this time a tumbling motion, "-well, Ma'am, we both slipped."

Elliot was use to thinking on his feet, the Academy liked confidence and the mantra to first year students was to 'fake it until you make it.' Think fast or get eaten alive.

"As he said ma'am," James replied. "I was following him down the umbilical and slipped. The quartermaster was kind enough to help me up. A service for which I haven't had the chance to thank him for yet." A fact that wasn't untrue and he didn't harbor any ill will towards the quartermaster. After all, the quartermaster was seen as the person to handle minor disputes on the ship amongst other things. You could say he went as far as to protect the crew of the ship. Something James could idealize and relate with.

"Thank goodness the quartermaster was there to help him up...might've been laying there all day."

Why did I say that? The words oozed out before he could stop himself. This isn't the Academy anymore, no time for jokes.

Ensign Elliot Hatchet
Medical Officer
Perpetual Hooligan

Tag: Cap, James, Marian, Phil ?

Amanda Rose

Postby Melissa Richards » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:14 pm

July 4th 2261 10:00 am.
USS Legacy

New Chief Medical Officer's personal log. After receiving my surprising assignment to the USS Legacy, I have arrived. I expected something new, at least along the lines of the USS Wasp where I served. This retro-fit from what I can tell delivers that and more. After spending all that time at Starfleet Medical, and then Alpha One doing research, this feels to me like a step down. However, the idea of being on a starship going on a five year mission was difficult to pass up. Besides, it was orders, and they would have been difficult to refuse. Hopefully the chance to get out there into the unknown and be a part of it all will trump any concerns I have. I have yet to meet my new staff, and the captain.

Jill exited the airlock where the shuttle had dropped her off. She looked up as a young Ensign waited with a smile.

"Lt. Commander Jill Vodden CMO, permission to come aboard?" the doctor asked in a firm and businesslike tone.

"Permission granted, Ma'am,." the officer replied smartly. "Welcome to the Legacy."

"Thank you, Ensign."

The last year she'd spent at Moonbase Alpha, a secure medical research facility for the sole purpose of pioneering new types of space medicine. Vodden had herself been responsible for many innovations in drugs and a few medical devices. Proto-types she had worked with hopefully to bring into common use in the near future. Here in the wild frontier of space on a long range mission, the young doctor would never have a better opportunity.

The pretty blonde had taken the time to study the deck plans before she came aboard. Carrying a small pack over her shoulder, the new CMO headed for the turbolift and then made her way to sickbay. She noticed as she entered that several personnel were already present, then went to a computer.

"This is Lt. Commander Jill Vodden logging in. Please transfer all previous passwords and noted information from Moonbase Alpha One to USS Legacy, CMO eyes only."

She watched as the data came over, then spoke looking up. "Hello staff. "Nice to meet all of you. My name is Lt. Commander Jill Vodden, your new CMO. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you personally as, we'll be together out there doing good research and saving many lives."

She stepped to the center of the room. "Are there any questions before I head to my office and get some administrative work going before we ship out?"

Tags Medical Staff

Amanda Rose

Postby Foxy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:40 am

Phil's attention was piqued by the tone of raised voices around the corner. Not enough to tell whose, or what they were saying, but enough to recognise heat. As he and Cindy rounded the corner, it was apparent they had interrupted something, but that the participants had been fast to notice and stand down. Minus points for being in a situation, but plus points for alertness and reaction speed...

As the younger participant started his explanation, Phil observed the resemblance between the alleged tripper and “Jim”. He had noted there were several family teams on the crew, so these were likely the Hatchets – medic and security. By the look of things they had each other's backs, which spoke well for loyalty if not necessarily for honesty, given the tall tale he was spinning.

While Jim bigged-up the quartermaster's role in the incident, Phil's attention moved to the older man. Would he go along with their version of events, or drop them in it? Jim's approach had been smooth, charismatic – a reassuring thing to see in a security officer, someone prepared to offer the diplomatic route out of a tricky spot.

The man's eyes narrowed slightly, then he grunted. “Pity about those... bootlaces, sir. You might want to come and see me about alternative designs, if you can't manage to keep 'em under control.”

Phil suppressed a grin. The compromise had been accepted, but with a tacit warning. A good riposte.

“Well, gentlemen, I hope no one was badly enough injured to need a visit to Sickbay. They are... still finding their way round all the equipment at the moment.”

Taggles!

Return to “Archives”