Arrival at Legacy

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Arrival at Legacy

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:54 pm

It hadn't taken as much time as she thought, but time enough. Urgent calls while in dry dock weren't completely unheard of with a ship pieced together like Frankie, but in Sick Bay? Maybe this was a joke... but not coming from the Commander. With a few considerations, and many reservations, she arrived at Sick Bay, and walked in, announcing herself.

"Ensign Navkiran Khangura from Engineering reporting. I hear there was an equipment malfunction?"

Tag Keth / Sick Bay / Anyone else who feels inclined to help an Ensign...
Oh, the inhumanity!
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:02 pm

“Ah-ha! Perfect! Right over there!”

Keth was nearly dancing on the spot as the two crewmen in jumpsuits manoeuvred the large sealed box up onto one of the bio beds. On its sides, plastered in bright red, was the tri foil flower of a biological hazard symbol, a near universal emblem for ‘This stuff will mess you up and leave you that way for someone to clean up’. It was a sign that spoke of the peril that would befall any and all who dared break open the seal, and the two crewman handled the box with all due care.

However, as soon as they took a step back, Keth began to rip and tear at the seals covering the seams. The two men made a quick exit from sickbay, nearly running down a red shirted Engineering ensign. With a hermetic hiss of equalising air pressure the book was levered open on interior hinges, a faint white glow emanating out from within it. Had Keths back not been turned towards the door and the Ensign from engineering, the light from within the box would have made Keth’s big green eyes glow as though fuelled by some demonic fire.

Though a fire that did not as much as crackle and pop, but purr and chirp. A lot.

Keth reached into the box, bouncing from one foot to the next, and plucked an item out from within. What happened next sounded a lot like someone eating popcorn at the movie theatre: it sounded loud, messy, and ever so delicious. The purr that had arose from the box was joined by another from Keth, a deep throaty sensation of utter feline bliss. His tail swayed drunkenly from side to side as, apparently still chewing, he spoke to the box.

“Oh yeah…” he groaned, another crackling chewing sound filling the air “...that’s the stuff.”

It was then that he registered Nav’s arrival, his left ear cocking backwards before his head turned likewise at the sound of her voice. The big feline noted the replacement parts, tool kit, unfortunate redshirt, and grinned happily at the prompt arrival. What Nav saw, however, was pointed teeth in which little tufts of green fur could be seen. He noticed her eyes, and his mane ruffled in embarrassment for a moment.

“Oops! Sorry! Where are my manners.” He said, reaching back into the book hurriedly and retrieving from it a small, quivering fur ball in a lemon yellow coloration “Would you like one? If you don’t like that colour I have a selection, variety being the spice of life you know? I’m partial to the red ones myself, but I’d avoid the green ones: they can be a bit hit or miss. A little trip-ee.”

He shook his offered hand a little, the small Tribble wobbling up and down in what was probably startled terror, or as much terror as a brainless breeding machine could muster.

“See?” he said earnestly, giving it another shake, his voice taking on a sing song note “Fresh from stasis! Huh? Nummy or what?”

TAG-Nav, and PETA

Keth Soban
On a five year mission to eat strange new life forms, and civilizations.

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Nav's eyes widened in some surprise. This was a large... cat towering a full three feet taller than herself offering her a small, usually cooing tribble as... food? Now, she was an open-minded sort, having graduated Starfleet and met a lot of different types, sizes and species of people, but this was definitely a new one on her. Everyone loved them! Just... apparently, not as much as he did, who she could only guess was the new Doctor. She had never met a Huanni before, and this was, for her, First Contact.

She smiled, ever so politely, unsure if this was a regular custom, or just a mid-morning snack, and shook her head slowly. "Thank you so much," she said stiltingly. "But I already had my breakfast, and not due for a break until after this repair is complete." She would have reached her hand out in standard human greeting but was more worried about a small furry creature getting slapped into it, than having it shredded by those rather long and dangerous-looking claws. He might have made a better Security officer than Doctor, but, well, she was supposed to fix the ship, not worry about personnel.

"I'm, Ensign Biomonitor, and I need to know what happened to the khangura." Maintaining as much calmness as she could muster, trying not to cringe as she heard the squealing and crunching, she took out her long pad, ready to begin writing. She almost suggested he take his snack to the Mess, but he was already making one here, and she didn't think anyone might appreciate the live ingestion of little furry creatures that had been pest or pet to most of the people on board.

Tag Keth and PETA
And in the name of all that's holy, do not let a No Name Redshirt in here!

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:03 am

Cindy did not notice Marian walk on to the bridge. She was too enthralled with sitting in HER Captain's chair and the possibility of getting to know her bridge crew.

When Luke introduced himself, Cindy gave him a winning smile and said, "Very nice to meet you, Ensign Osswell. However," she said with a wink, "an introduction usually requires more than a name. Perhaps you could tell me a bit about yourself. After all, I will be commanding you for five years." Cindy's voice gave no hint that she made an innuendo about commanding him, but there was a smile in her voice.

tag - Luke

She then turned to the unnamed Ensign and gave a wider smile and flipped her hair back with a laugh. "Now, now, Ensign. I did say at ease. You can stop saluting now. If it will make you feel better, you can call me Cindy. All my friends do. In fact, I often prefer that to Captain, if you don't mind."

She looked back at Phil to see what his reaction to this pronouncement would be.

tag - Unnamed, Phil, bridge folks

Amanda Rose

Postby Lagh Roq » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:20 am

She then turned to the unnamed Ensign and gave a wider smile and flipped her hair back with a laugh. "Now, now, Ensign. I did say at ease. You can stop saluting now. If it will make you feel better, you can call me Cindy. All my friends do. In fact, I often prefer that to Captain, if you don't mind."

She looked back at Phil to see what his reaction to this pronouncement would be.

"Ensign, ensign... Cindy" and in that singular moment he was smitten. As his brain and his reason deserted him, he felt himself fall into the fiery pit at the heart of... she... is... beautiful.

He realised that his tongue had cleaved to the roof of his mouth and his fingers were nailed to his forehead.

'I've got to get a grip', he thought and attempted a smooth transition into the 'at ease' stance.

"I will be at the Nerv station here on the Blidge and in Astlo... Ciiii..Ii..ndy?" All in all, taking into account the refusal of his tongue to detach itself from his palate, rendering his speech much like that of a deaf mute, and overlooking that her name came out as a question, he thought he may have managed to convey an attitude of relaxed efficiency. He didn't think she could see the violent tremor in his left knee below the console.

"I think I pulled it off!"

"Oh flaxseed! Did I just say that out loud? I did, didn't I?" He looked miserably at the blank faces of his colleagues.

"Undiagnosed Toulettes" he offered hopefully.

Tags Bridge personnel

The un-named Ensign
USS Legacy

Amanda Rose

Postby T-Prime » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:20 am

TK barely acknowledged the arrival of Captain and XO. The XO seemed a solid sort but the skipper... Looks like they were breaking in a new CO as well as a new ship. Fantastic. TK would be pleasantly surprised if she knew which end of a phaser to hold.

But he held his tongue. Now was not the time to antagonize the local brass. He'd have 5 years to do that.

The other bridge crew began making their introductions, and unfortunately for him TK happened to be the senior tactical officer present on the bridge. Never a superior officer around when you needed one.

"Ma'am." He stressed the word despite her claim to prefer a more casual form of address, "Lt. Williams. Bridge tactical officer. Any other relevant information you wish to know is in my personnel file."

He hoped that would be the end of it. He went back to reprogramming the tactical console, though he suspected he'd need to get an engineer up here to get it done right, he had some skill in the field, but this was quite complicated. He hoped the Captain and XO hadn't had a chance to read his file yet. That was a confrontation he'd prefer to have many light-years away from a recognized higher authority.

Amanda Rose

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:58 pm

“The…khangura?” Keth said slowly, mulling the very odd choice of wording over as one might a wine which was pondering a career change to vinaigrette. It sounded right, even her body language suggested that’s exactly what she meant what with her padd and eye movements, and yet she had given out her last name. That or human children were given truly horrible last names, but Keth was sure that humanity wasn’t that backwards! After all, he’d been to Egypt and those Pharaohs guys had had the right idea about who sat on top of the pile.

He carefully placed the tribble back into its carry case, sealing the box back over to ensure the little dicken’s didn’t try to make a break for it, and then very cautiously spread his hands out before him. If the ensign had some sort of brain disorder that made her mix up words and tenses, then best not to startle her. He'd watched enough human historical documentaries to know that people like that could be dangerous.

Though why call a documentary '28 Days Later' seemed a little odd. Surely calling the film after the viral infection and not the period of incubation would have been better?

“The ‘khangura’ was struck by a…erm…” his attempt to speak in a slow and calming tone was offset by a sudden fever of confusion: projecting a edifice of professionalism was key to winning over a patients trust. And Keth was sure that the patient, in this case the engineering ensign before him, would not find comfort in the idea he handled a cutting blade with sweaty slippy paws. This train of thought carried on for a good 5 seconds, in which Nurse Greenberg eyed the Ensign in blue and then the one in red.

“The captain.” Keth blurted, which in the very core of the facts was the truth “The captain did it. She was just as shocked as I. As was her sidekick, WIlson. He was quite beside himself...without being two separate people.”

He nodded, crossing his hands over his chest as he mentally clapped himself into a standing ovation. Well the captain had startled him, so the logic was there. Keth was sure if not all but a few Vulcan’s had not been subject to spaghettification by a black hole, they’d back him up on this theoretical platform.

“Sooo…” he said, taking a few large steps to the right as he plucked a medical scanner from the table “How are you feeling? New ship, new day and all that? Any headaches, nausea, strange compulsions to do away with the colour salmon in favour of its friendlier cousin raspberry?”

Well he couldn’t just come out and say if she felt like she’d been infected by a brain altering parasite that may or may not want to infect the rest of the crew…that would be rude.

TAG-Nav

Keth Soban
His Doctors Certificate is in the mail…honestly.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:34 pm

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:20 pm

“The ‘khangura’ was struck by a…erm…” his attempt to speak in a slow and calming tone was offset by a sudden fever of confusion: projecting a edifice of professionalism was key to winning over a patients trust. And Keth was sure that the patient, in this case the engineering ensign before him, would not find comfort in the idea he handled a cutting blade with sweaty slippy paws. This train of thought carried on for a good 5 seconds, in which Nurse Greenberg eyed the Ensign in blue and then the one in red.

“The captain.” Keth blurted, which in the very core of the facts was the truth “The captain did it. She was just as shocked as I. As was her sidekick, WIlson. He was quite beside himself...without being two separate people.”

Raising her pen above the padd, Nav looked up. "You hit the 'khangura' with the Captain?" And then she laughed warmly with just a little embarrassment mixed in for good measure. "I did mean the biomonitor, Doctor, but of course, when I happen upon live-Tribble-eating giant felines, I can get a bit distracted. I've never met someone of your species before."

She tried to figure out what he meant, about the Captain destroying the biomonitor. It looked like it had been severed clear through to the wall. Nav gave him an odd look, sizing him up beyond just his rather intimidating form. What the hell could he have done to the Captain to make her try to kill him with a large, sharp object?

“Sooo…” he said, taking a few large steps to the right as he plucked a medical scanner from the table “How are you feeling? New ship, new day and all that? Any headaches, nausea, strange compulsions to do away with the colour salmon in favour of its friendlier cousin raspberry?”

Well he couldn’t just come out and say if she felt like she’d been infected by a brain altering parasite that may or may not want to infect the rest of the crew…that would be rude.

He had become professional in an instant. "Doctor," Nav said slowly, so as not to be confused, confusing or otherwise considered unsettled, deranged or make an even worse impression on the man?... cat?... medical personnel that would be part of her healing regimen for the next five years. "I'm feeling well, and more than a little busy. I was surprised to get a call to repair a biomonitor this early in the pre-flight check, but well, things obviously happen." As he rattled off the list she automatically said, "No," to each one. "I think salmon and raspberry have equal reasons to exist," she replied to the last point. "Just not in any of my off duty clothing."

Watching the medical scanner sweep across her, she saw that its size looked far too small for him, and thought for a moment, the wheels beginning to turn. First things first, she would address the repair, and then move on to her own gadgety ponderings.

"I'd like to know why the Captain might find it a valid and valued part of her day to use a rather sharp instrument to cut through the wires of the biomonitor on the morning of our maiden flight." Leaning forward to inspect the clean cut across the wires, she whistled softly. "In one shot too. Nice form." She was careful to avoid the still sparking electronics, and located the connector, removing it. The small red light winked out, and the sparking stopped. Unless the Captain was stronger than she looked, there was very little possibility that she had managed this and from their brief encounter in Engineering, could think of no reason why she would have.

"Was there a stray insect perhaps?" She smiled at the Doctor, more easily and more engineer-like, providing a plausible although unlikely option. "Because then, we would have to check the environmentals and possibly perform an internal sensor sweep. All tolled, that would take at least 4 hours." It was a small prod, to make sure he was specific about what happened. Because otherwise there would be additional consequences that might delay Frankie's flight. She wouldn't like to report that to the Captain, not after her assurances. We were held back by bugs. Wouldn't that make nice press? That would be one uncomfortable time Cindy would insist on being addressed by her rank.

"And, Doctor, if I'm not being too bold, that scanner looks a bit small in your rather substantial paws, uh hands, uh appendages... what do you call them, if you don't mind my asking? " Nav smiled easily, popping open her tool kits, preparing to start the repairs. This part, she knew, and knew well. "I might be able to help you with a few adjustments to better serve your rather substantial size..."

Now if only he might need some adjustments to make the Sick Bay a bit more Huanni friendly, then they might talk turkey, uh Tribble... um better to not think in food references as she swallowed uncomfortably. She hadn't been nauseous before she'd walked into Sick Bay.

~Tag Keth (feel free to break this up as you feel necessary)
No, I'm not mentally unstable. And I agree with me! Ensign Biomonitor! ;)

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:34 pm

Postby Azaria » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:50 am

Cindy did not notice Marian walk on to the bridge... and for that Marian was wholly and truly grateful.

The Captain then turned to the unnamed Ensign and gave a wider smile and flipped her hair back with a laugh. "Now, now, Ensign. I did say at ease. You can stop saluting now. If it will make you feel better, you can call me Cindy. All my friends do. In fact, I often prefer that to Captain, if you don't mind."

Marian was suddenly taken with the simultaneous urges to both smack herself in the forehead, and to take off her glasses and throw them at the woman's dumb blonde head. Even more so the latter when Jackson sent an absolute shite eating grin at her XO... like a child being naughty at grandma's house when it knows it can get away with murder.

Now she knew why Xiang had turned this posting down in favour of doing the land-based portion of the work. And why the Admirals had stressed to her that the focus of her publicity campaign was not to be the actions of the command team, but the day to day adventures and happenings of the LEGACY's crew. The woman was a complete ditz!

'Calm down, Ari, calm the frak down... you've known this woman for all of two minutes... and she's brand new to this too... she is probably just feeling nerves...' Marian prayed she was right... she was feeling incredibly queasy and could not help but think 'what the hell did I volunteer myself for, this time?!?! Did umpteen years in the navy not teach you anything, Marian Genevieve Norquay? Never Again Volunteer Yourself!'

After a few calming breaths, she opened her eyes again and prayed attention enough to see the incredibly awkward greeting between an equally incredibly awkward ensign and the Captain... yes, she would most definitely be deleting this bit of footage. She turned the device completely off while she was at it.

Thank heavens to Betsy for her lengthy training and heaps of experience in keeping a neutral smile on her face, or that fellow at the helm who was giving her a shifty look might have gotten an eyefull! She made eye contact with him and gave a friendly nod in his direction. Yes, it would be five years until they left this ship again... that would be more than plenty of time to get to know people one at a time. No need to rush.

She glanced at her watch and withheld a grimace; the ceremonies would be starting soon, and she had yet to give the CO her 'green room' briefing. Would the XO get things back on track or would she have to step in?

Taggles

P.S. 'has the CO not read the nominal role, or meet any of the crew before today?' * facepalm *

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:35 pm

Postby Foxy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Phil was busy deciding whether to laugh or cry. There was a world of difference between being “aloof” and being “over-familiar” and it was a world he was going to need to persuade Cindy to explore before she got much further...

He became aware of his teeth grinding.

She looked back at Phil and said, "Let me guess, Phil, er, Commander Wilson, you prefer the dress uniform...." She grinned widely at Phil, her eyes now positively sparkling.

And he was going to let her get away with it. Again. He couldn't go correcting her, not here, not undermining her publicly on day one. No, he was going to have to play the long game. Even if he wore his teeth down to stumps in the mean time.

She looked over the assembled bridge crew and said, "Come on now, ladies and gentlemen. Let's not be shy. Let's have introductions. Who will be first?"

Several of the younger male crewmembers were suffering from the side-effects already. For pity's sakes, did the woman have Deltan ancestry somewhere?

Marian debated whether or not to turn on her recording device back on... She keyed the controls on her specially made ring and began recording the scene as crew began coming forwards to identify themselves.

Phil became aware of Marian's presence behind him. A civilian on the bridge? That must be the PR Officer. Judging by the careful way she was turning her head, she was recording... Recording Cindy being, well, Cindy.

"Now, now, Ensign. I did say at ease. You can stop saluting now. If it will make you feel better, you can call me Cindy. All my friends do. In fact, I often prefer that to Captain, if you don't mind." She looked back at Phil to see what his reaction to this pronouncement would be.

Carefully, he side-stepped, getting in the way of Marian's direct eye-line to the Captain. Oops – how careless of him...

Tag - Marian

“The ceremony is due to begin in ten minutes...” he stated simply, purposefully avoided using either 'Cindy' or 'Captain'.

Return to “Archives”