Arrival at Legacy

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Arrival at Legacy

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:21 am

Cindy's lips started to show the hint of a smile. She knew exactly what was occurring here. Two brothers, clearly goofing off and clearly late for their assignment. They should have been on board at least an hour prior to leaving, yet here they were with their personal possessions unpacked.

She turned to Phil when he commented about someone needing to go to sickbay. "My, my!" she thought. "Phil can loosen up. That is nice to see. I must be a good influence on him."

Turning back to the medical officer she said, "Well, I see that at least one person needs to get to sickbay...."

Turning back to the threesome, Cindy said, "We are about to disembark. I would hope that you would not be still here by the time I get to the bridge and give that order unless you all prefer being spaced." She suppressed a giggle that was rising within her. "So, gentlemen, I hope you can manage the slippery floors and loose shoelaces."

tags - brothers, Phil
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Postby anthony.snyder » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Cindy's lips started to show the hint of a smile. She knew exactly what was occurring here. Two brothers, clearly goofing off and clearly late for their assignment. They should have been on board at least an hour prior to leaving, yet here they were with their personal possessions unpacked.

She turned to Phil when he commented about someone needing to go to sickbay. "My, my!" she thought. "Phil can loosen up. That is nice to see. I must be a good influence on him."

Turning back to the medical officer she said, "Well, I see that at least one person needs to get to sickbay...."

Turning back to the threesome, Cindy said, "We are about to disembark. I would hope that you would not be still here by the time I get to the bridge and give that order unless you all prefer being spaced." She suppressed a giggle that was rising within her. "So, gentlemen, I hope you can manage the slippery floors and loose shoelaces."

The quartermaster pipped in, his eyes narrowed slightly, then he grunted. “Pity about those... bootlaces, sir. You might want to come and see me about alternative designs, if you can't manage to keep 'em under control.”

Laces?! Why did I have to say laces? I'm never going to live this one down. Elliot Hatchet, MD, can't tie his laces... A flush started to rise in his cheeks, but Elliot quelled it quickly. The Captain had overtly hinted that he was to report to sickbay immediately.

Elliot glanced towards his brother then at the Captain, XO, and quartermaster. Why does this feel so much like a mexican-standoff? The thought passed quickly. The tension was easing off; Elliot figured his brother was safe now. The quick thinking story had pulled off, but it was obvious everyone present knew the truth. "Ma'am, Sir, Chief." Elliot nodded at each one before grabbing his duffel. He slung it quickly and crisply turned down the corridor.

Tag anyone

"Right, right, I knew that!" Elliot spun around, pace quickening as he passed the group he just left. "These halls all look the same, easy mistake!" This time Elliot wasn't able to hide being flushed. His face burned red and it was all he could do to duck his head and charge down the hallway. That isn't how I wanted to meet the Command staff...

At least he still could make a better first impression with the Chief in Sickbay.

"Dammit Jim, look what you've done already." Elliot muttered under his breath, full speed towards sickbay.

(Tag anyone is it!)

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Dammit Jim! I'm your brother not your parole officer!

Sorry, had to be said. I'll be good now.

Keth OOC note

Amanda Rose

Postby Iar Edra » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:33 pm

Aislinn rushed up to the port for the USS Legacy. She'd gotten the call 2 hours ago that this would be her first assignment. Apparently, the crew member she was replacing had had a family emergency--a seriously ill parent, or something like that. She really hoped said parent would be okay. But either way, for her, it meant a morning spent hectically rushing around her dorm room to pack everything up in boxes, except for the few things she'd take with her on the ship, and have them sent home.
She ran across the gangway, connecting the base to the ship as she looked at her padd, which gave her all the details of her orders, including her quarters assignment. Looked like she would be heading down 2 decks. She found it relatively fast, and dropped her 3 bags, which contained all the belongings she'd have here...for the next 5 years, apparently. She would have liked to unpack, and go freshen up, maybe even shower, but that would have to wait. Since the Legacy was about to leave port, she needed to be on duty.
She left her room, headed for the Science department. She had an idea of where on the ship she was heading. One of the things she'd done as she was about to graduate was study the layouts of a handful of the different classes of starships, hoping to know something before she would be finally assigned to one. So, even though the Legacy belonged to one of the classes she hadn't studied, there was a similar layout between all starships. As she stepped off a turbo lift she noticed a handful of other officers in blue heading around the same corner. So, she followed. Sure enough, she walked into her department. There was a lot of activity, but she was able to find her department head and check in. She handed him her padd, which had her situation for him to read, as a matter of explanation.
He nodded. "Welcome aboard, Norson. We're about to head out." He looked around then pointed, "I'll need you at...that console, keeping an eye on environmental systems. Make sure all reading remain in optimal ranges."
Aislinn nodded. "Aye, Sir."
She tapped a couple of buttons on the screen which brought up the system schematics. As expected, everything at the moment was working according to specs. As she surfed through a couple other pages of the environmental systems, she realized she'd been able to catch up, and let out a breath to slow her own adrenaline system down. The chief officer seemed to have understood her predicament, so it looked as if she wouldn't be in any trouble for technically being late to her assignment.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:30 pm

The quartermaster pipped in, his eyes narrowed slightly, then he grunted. “Pity about those... bootlaces, sir. You might want to come and see me about alternative designs, if you can't manage to keep 'em under control.”

Laces?! Why did I have to say laces? I'm never going to live this one down. Elliot Hatchet, MD, can't tie his laces... A flush started to rise in his cheeks, but Elliot quelled it quickly. The Captain had overtly hinted that he was to report to sickbay immediately.

Elliot glanced towards his brother then at the Captain, XO, and quartermaster. Why does this feel so much like a mexican-standoff? The thought passed quickly. The tension was easing off; Elliot figured his brother was safe now. The quick thinking story had pulled off, but it was obvious everyone present knew the truth. "Ma'am, Sir, Chief." Elliot nodded at each one before grabbing his duffel. He slung it quickly and crisply turned down the corridor.

The Captain watched as the brothers left and the quartermaster was left behind as she and Phil headed towards the bridge. Cindy asked Phil, "Have you seen our PR officer? I doubt she would want to miss me giving the order to take us out of here." She entered the turbolift without waiting for an answer and said, "Bridge."

Tag - Phil

Upon exiting the turbolift, Cindy's eyes sparkled. Finally! We're leaving! We're leaving! Of course, I have to deal with the over eager Ensign and Mr. Grumpy Lieutenant but we're going! Cindy pulled herself in the Captain's chair and straightened her dress wear for a shot that Marian would enjoy. She looked for the PR Officer and upon spotting her took a commanding but polite tone, "Please plot a course for the Sagittarius Arm, Warp Factor 3."

tag

Once the course was set, Cindy beamed and her voice glowed as she ordered, "Mr. Osswell, take us out of here!"

tags (or not for reactions)

Amanda Rose

Postby Iar Edra » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:54 pm

"Environmental systems are all operatin' within specs, Sir." Aislinn responded when Chief Hanover called her. She didn't see the slight grin he wore, halfway between glad his obviously new ensign was on the ball and amused because he wasn't calling her for a report. She was obviously eager to please.
"No, Ensign. I need you to deliver this to the Bridge." He held out a padd.
Aislinn nodded and walked toward the Chief to retrieve the padd. As she stepped away she was aware of another officer stepping into her place at the console. She took the padd without looking at it, after all she hadn't been told it was information for her to see. "Who should I give it to, Sir?"
"Hand it to Cmdr. Wilson. It's the Science Department's final crew manifest. Inform him that all Science systems are a go."
"Aye, Sir." Her accent was very apparent in that one simple phrase. She nodded and turned, walking toward the Turbo Lift. "Bridge." She told the computer. It chirped and she could feel the small room moving through it's tubular track. It didn't take long before it stopped and the doors opened before her. She stepped out and looked around the Bridge. Things were already busy here.
She nervously looked from person to person, each of them busy at their posts. Most people up here were seasoned officers, if not department heads.
Shaking herself out of her reverie, she swallowed her nervousness and walked to the center of the bridge. She narrowed down which one of those was the Comander Wilson, and confirmed it with a look at his rank insignia. Coming to stand in front of him, she handed the padd to him. "Commander, I'm Ensign Norson from Science. This contains our Department's manifest. As well, our systems are ready for launch."

<tag>

Amanda Rose

Postby Foxy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:42 pm

The Captain watched as the brothers left and the quartermaster was left behind as she and Phil headed towards the bridge. Cindy asked Phil, "Have you seen our PR officer? I doubt she would want to miss me giving the order to take us out of here." She entered the turbolift without waiting for an answer and said, "Bridge."

“If you two are going to have another slapfest, please give me some advance warning,” Phil teased. “I may sell tickets...”

Upon exiting the turbolift, Cindy headed straight for the Captain's chair and straightened her dress wear for a shot that Marian would enjoy. She looked for the PR Officer and upon spotting her took a commanding but polite tone, "Please plot a course for the Sagittarius Arm, Warp Factor 3."

Phil took his station, but remained standing for the moment. It seemed more apt, just until they were properly underway.

The turbolift doors opened again and Phil cast his eyes back, wondering who it was, as all the stations seemed to be occupied. A science Ensign walked to the center of the bridge, glanced around, then came to stand in front of him, handed a padd to him. "Commander, I'm Ensign Norson from Science. This contains our Department's manifest. As well, our systems are ready for launch."

Phil took the padd, nodding his acknowledgement, “Thank you, Norson. I'll be dropping down later – think you'll have found your way around in time to give me the guided tour of the labs?”

Tag – Norson

“In that case, I'll see you then.” Phil acknowledged, then raised his voice to address Cindy. “Captain, Science confirms they're good to go.”

tag - Cindy

Amanda Rose

Postby Iar Edra » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Phil took the padd, nodding his acknowledgement, “Thank you, Norson. I'll be dropping down later – think you'll have found your way around in time to give me the guided tour of the labs?”

The Commander's question caught her off guard, so she stumbled over her first words. "Well...you see, sir...I was assigned last...um...minute to the Legacy...sir." She took a deep breath and tried to continue with fewer 'ums'. "So, honestly, I'm not as familiar as I should be, myself. But, I'll study up as much as I can until then. And, if my knowledge is not adequate, I'll be sure to see someone who knows it better gives you the tour."

“In that case, I'll see you then.” Phil acknowledged, then raised his voice to address Cindy. “Captain, Science confirms they're good to go.”

Aislinn nodded, "Aye, Sir." She replied quietly then turned to leave the bridge. She hoped her response hadn't disappointed Cmdr. Wilson. She knew taken at face value, it made her look less than ready for a position on this ship, but her reasoning was sound. And she had no intention of giving the first officer a 2nd-rate tour. In her mind, his request made it her responsibility to make sure he got a quality tour, even if it wasn't from her.

She entered the Turbo Lift. "Deck 23."

However, she should make an attempt to be the guide he requested.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Upon exiting the turbolift, Cindy's eyes sparkled. Finally! We're leaving! We're leaving! Of course, I have to deal with the over eager Ensign and Mr. Grumpy Lieutenant but we're going! Cindy pulled herself in the Captain's chair and straightened her dress wear for a shot that Marian would enjoy. She looked for the PR Officer and upon spotting her took a commanding but polite tone, "Please plot a course for the Sagittarius Arm, Warp Factor 3."

tag -

The Commander's question caught her off guard, so she stumbled over her first words. "Well...you see, sir...I was assigned last...um...minute to the Legacy...sir." She took a deep breath and tried to continue with fewer 'ums'. "So, honestly, I'm not as familiar as I should be, myself. But, I'll study up as much as I can until then. And, if my knowledge is not adequate, I'll be sure to see someone who knows it better gives you the tour."

Aislinn nodded, "Aye, Sir." She replied quietly then turned to leave the bridge. She hoped her response hadn't disappointed Cmdr. Wilson. She knew taken at face value, it made her look less than ready for a position on this ship, but her reasoning was sound. And she had no intention of giving the first officer a 2nd-rate tour. In her mind, his request made it her responsibility to make sure he got a quality tour, even if it wasn't from her.

She entered the Turbo Lift. "Deck 23."

However, she should make an attempt to be the guide he requested.

Cindy smiled back at Norson and gave her a nod of appreciation. She checked in with the other departments, noting that all were ready. Once the course was set and all said they were prepared for take off, Cindy beamed and her voice glowed as she ordered, "Mr. Osswell, take us out of here!"

tags (or not for reactions)

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Postby Lucasausems » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:43 am

Ensign Luke Osswell sat at his station. While the Captain and the Commander were making their way back towards the ship, Luke made one last systems check. Impulse drive, a single twin-exhaust unit backed up by several ventral RCS thrusters for extra stability. Luke tapped in some commands and was satisfied when the thruster heads rotated clockwise, then counterclockwise, then up, then down. Systems reported everything working within normal parameters. Warp propulsion came from the warp core. From this the matter/antimatter intermix was fed to the two warp nacelles. This was a new design, up until 2 years earlier the warp core was comprised of multiple small warp reactors, but the newly designed single warp core was able to distribute energy more efficiently. Systems check.

Last but not least, the inertial dampeners, if those were not activated when the ship went to warp this 5 year mission was going to be a lot shorter than expected. Despite all the fail safes it never hurt to double check if all was working as it should be. Fortunately, inertial dampeners were working at peak efficiency.

Luke accessed one of the logs of the Test Flights the USS Legacy had already gone through. In general it all looked good. Minor hiccups and irregularities had been identified and improved upon, though there was one thing that caught his eye. Reports of the impulse drive feeling a bit bumpy when first activated after a long shutdown. This put a tiny smile on Luke's face, it reminded him of his first car. An old small tin can that had problems injecting enough fuel into the engine when it was still cold. Perhaps the Legacy's engines were experiencing something similar?

He made a note of the report and send it off to engineering to see if something could be done about it.

Tag: Engineering (For in the new thread)

By then the Captain and the Commander had gotten back to the Bridge. The Captain was beaming with excitement. It made her all the more stunning.

"Please plot a course for the Sagittarius Arm, Warp Factor 3. Mr. Osswell, take us out of here!"

"Aye Captain Cindy!" Luke replied back. Even though that this was the beginning of a 5 year exile and with the thoughts about his family and friends in his mind, he felt excited.

He pushed in a few commands. "Docking clamps released". He engaged the thrusters to slowly push them away from the station. Once clear, he steered the Legacy towards the Sagittarius arm. After having put enough distance between the Legacy and the Space Station, Luke activated the Warp Drive. The ship hummed and rumbled as power was being built up for the jump.

"Warp in three, two one," Luke counted down.

For those looking from the windows in the space station they could see the nacelles of the USS Legacy light up brighter and brighter. Then a flash, and the Legacy was gone. Nothing but a trail of beautiful fluorescent stardust to be seen.

The USS Legacy had begun it's five year mission into space, the final frontier.

Return to “Archives”