Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 2

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

T-Prime
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 2

Postby T-Prime » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:51 am

lucasausems
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby lucasausems » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:58 am

Luke, who was still in his flying mode, did not really listen to all that was going on. This didn't mean he didn't hear it, he heard it just fine. All the information was stored in his brain in neatly ordered mental binders (who were not always full of women), ready for later use. With the Legacy having crossed into the Klingon side of the Neutral Zone, Luke felt it more important to keep a look at all readings available in case a Klingon warhead would pop up with the sole desire to turn the Legacy to its former state, namely, a pile of rubble floating through space.

His brain stored key words, like whiskers, Keth, tranquillizers, friend, Klingons, transmission. That did peak his interest. With a flick off the wrist he called up the transmission TK had sent the Klingons, Luke felt sending a message was a good strategy. He quickly scanned the words. preliminary data, Romulan, 24th technology, Luke thought TK covered all the neccesary data, advised, avoid conflict, situation, Ensign Wil...

Wait WHAT!? He did not just sent this message under his own name? A low-ranked officer? And he expected the Klingons to take this seriously? On the contrary, they would consider this a grave insult! Everybody knew, official transmissions, especially transmissions of this importance are always signed by someone up high. Like the XO or the Captain, but no lower than that. It's okay to draft the transmission, but it must always be signed by someone with authority. TK! You bloody fool!

He turned his had around and said: "TK, tell me you haven't send that message yet...?" But the grin on TK's face already told him the answer.

Luke heaved a heavy sigh. "Oh myy... How do you think they'll respond to a message signed by a mere Ensign!? You should've let the Captain sign it!" He turned back around and focused his attention on flying the ship.

"That's it, we're all dead." He muttered under his breath.

tags :-)

Luke Helios (Soggies)
Gil Lukat (SB 42)

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:14 am

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden\
CMO

Things were harried and crazy, but they finally seemed to be calming down as the more serious cases were finally dealt with. This gave Jill a chance to make her way to the bio-bed where Nav was ordered to rest. She looked at the readings then bent down. "How are you feeling, Nav? Still in a lot of pain?"

tag Nav

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:21 pm

“Easy….easy!”

The three security officers who had learned the hard way that tackling a running Huanni was just a good excuse for as free ride, gingerly half carried and dragged the big lug into the brig. In review using the transporter would have been a much more safer and more or less instant process. But they also remember that one of there number was still having trouble holding things steady in his hands after receiving a static electric shock from Ensign Soban the last time the transporter was used.

The big felinoid’s tail rolled from side to side, swishing on the floor in much the same way it had when he had been awake and upright. Only now it seemed shocked at finding legs to its right and left, and fuzzed up each time as though it were a new experience.

“You’d think we’d get hazard pay for this! Getting shot at by Romulans, and assaulted by this idiot!” One of them snarled as he readjusted his grip on Keth’s arm, the uniform and fur underneath not making for good traction “And then our own Tac officer throwing a stun grenade into the mix? Captain Haircut, Doctor Tiddles and Lieutenant Rambo…we’re on a ship of fools!”

“Use to be a time when the fool was a respected part of the written arts.” Said another who was carrying the feet “A man who would know the story to and fro, and act the art of fool to hide his clever tricks of accommodating a changing plot. The greater fool is someone who does the contrary and wins.”

“…Shut up.” The first one hissed as they approached the brig cell, slapping out a hand to open the cells transparent opening. This released a hiss of air right into Keth’s nose, that some how rallied the last of his adrenaline to storm his brains pilot light and-

His head jerked up, eyes wide open and blinked a few times. The usually narrow slits of his iris’s were now fat and dialiated, looking more like shovel heads than diamonds as the opioid tranquilliser continued to ply its trade. The three security guards froze, now aware they were carrying not 500 pounds of unconscious crew mate, but 500 of muscled razor blades.

“Heeeey guuuys…” Keth said in a low, slow voice that made it sound as though his brain was calling in his words from long distant “…Did we jump out a window? Cause I remember seeing sky, all bright and, birds pecking at me and…a angry marching band of tubas…”

He smiled and looked at the would be Shakespeare.

“We jumped out a window! A WINDOW!” he grinned even wider as slowly the three guards worked him over the edge of the security barrier. He continued muttering about the angry tubas for a second, as the guards set him down and began to step away from him. The one that wanted hazard pay had to step around Keth to find the exit, and made the mistake of stepping on his tail.

A second leonine roar filled the air as Keth lashed out.

++++

The birg chief rounded the corner of the cells and found two of the security guards on the correct side of the security field. Both had their hands firmly gripping their holstered pistols, whilst they looked on into the cell where a plaintive whine of ‘HeeellppMeeee’ could be heard.

The chief leaned over and looked into the cell, finding Keth sat with his back against the wall, rocking from side to side as one might to relax. His arms were coiled around a startled and white faced red shirt, hugging him close to his chest as one big paw stroked his head as gently as a titan might.

“Hairy kitty…’ Keth gurgled before his brain back fired again, drugged eyes wide open before drooping again, adding a extra octave to his words ‘HAIRY kitty!! Hairy…”

Definitely needed to talk to someone about a pay rise.

TAG-Anyone

Ensign Keth Soban
Medical
USS Legacy
So. Damn. High.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Nav was restless, dizzy, worried and feeling more than a little silly lying down when Frankie needed all able-bodied personnel up and about. Her mind was going a mile a minute and the cute halo around everyone's head had slowly faded like a puff of smoke. There were a few things that remained fuzzy, and a weird feeling that something was missing from Sickbay. Or rather, someone. Keth... had been here, she remembered seeing him; no one could really miss the huge feline... except for now. A slight throb was all she felt and was glad the drugs had kicked in.

Things were harried and crazy, but they finally seemed to be calming down as the more serious cases were finally dealt with. This gave Jill a chance to make her way to the bio-bed where Nav was ordered to rest. She looked at the readings then bent down. "How are you feeling, Nav? Still in a lot of pain?"

A plea! It came from the fog at the edges of her mind. She had used the comm... oh no. Jill was speaking and interrupted Nav's thoughts and concerns, now extending to her friend. "No, no pain, Doctor, I feel ridiculous sitting here while everyone else is working." Well almost all. She frowned a little and pushed the throb to the background once more. It was manageable. "Thanks for taking care of everyone." Looking squarely at Jill she asked, "Now can I go back to Engineering?"

~ Tags (or not)

There was probably a laundry list for Frankie and the sooner she went back on rotation, the better for the workload. She saw a few of her colleagues in various states which could seriously impact repair schedules. Now if only she knew, "What happened to Keth?" Her eyes were clear and she appeared alert and coherent. Perhaps all those factors could result in release? And then maybe she could swing by Keth's quarters to reassure him that she was all right... and make sure he was too. Fuzzy though her memory was, she recalled crying and bellowing and the still bent doors of Sickbay that now bothered her Fix It mentality. Well... she did have her tools here, didn't she? A good engineer never went anywhere without them.

~Tags Jill and anyone else

OOC - Damned timing! :)
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Iar Edra

Postby Iar Edra » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Legacy sped into the Klingon Neutral Zone. It took little time for the whiskers to catch the gravametric field of a ship similar to the size and feel of the original ship. Cindy wondered if it was the same one and asked Aislinn, "Is this the same ship? Calculate to make sure that the amount of debris left behind would account for the mass lost and difference in this field."

A few keystrokes on her console gave Aislinn her answer, "Affirmative, Captain."

Once confirmed, a new signature appeared on the whiskers. Cindy called out, "On screen."

Nothing appeared. She looked at Phil, her eyes conveying the words, Did I make a mistake? Have I got us in over our head? But nothing came from her lips as she quickly turned back and told Aislinn, "I need a calculation on our new friend please!"

"Already on it, Ma'am." she answered as her fingers flew across the computer screen.

Just as Aislinn started her calculations, communications alerted, "Commander, we are getting Klingon communications about Federation attacks of satellites along the Neutral Zone...."

Aislinn didn't understand. The whiskers had detected something, but clearly, to the eye and to the ship's sensors, there was nothing there. She double- and triple-checked her results, and they all came back the same. "Captain, I've checked 3 times. I'm not finding anything out there. Perhaps the whiskers went wonky?" She was not relishing telling Nav that.
Dr. Varina Hightower--CMO--USS Legacy

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:07 am

Aislinn didn't understand. The whiskers had detected something, but clearly, to the eye and to the ship's sensors, there was nothing there. She double- and triple-checked her results, and they all came back the same. "Captain, I've checked 3 times. I'm not finding anything out there. Perhaps the whiskers went wonky?" She was not relishing telling Nav that.

Cindy blinked a couple of times in Aislinn's direction in slight disbelief. Cindy had been a scientist herself. Why could Aislinn not see the obvious. "No, the whiskers are fine. It is another cloaked ship. Get me its approximate location estimating by the size and mass of the other Romulan ship."

tag - Aislinn

Cindy wondered why Williams was yelling and she asked, "Should I even ask how you managed to subdue Ensign Soban?"

TK shrugged.

"THAT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE USE OF UNAUTHORIZED NON-LETHAL WEAPONS AND THE ADMINISTRATION OF DRUGS BY NON-MEDICAL PERSONNEL."

Cindy answered, "I think we are going to have to have a talk a bit later, Lieutenant." Despite words that might have scared a lesser person, Cindy hid a small smile.

tag - Williams

"Lieutenant Williams, please send all the information that you think that a Klingon would find interesting on the Romulans and then make sure to also send them a message of peace and assistance in the most non-threatening way possible."

TK nodded his acknowledgement of the order and began collecting the relevant data. Cloaking profile, estimated mass, weapon discharge readings, video footage from their own destroyed stations, gravimetric anomaly data, scan tolerances for the whiskers, even some theoretical conclusions TK had drawn regarding their tactics and purpose. Then he added a personal touch.

Klingon Intelligence Service,

Enclosed you will find preliminary data regarding a new Romulan short-range stealth raider. This craft is based in part on 24th century technology and it is therefore advised that you avoid direct conflict with this vessel. We will handle the situation.

Lt. Williams... BACKSPACE! Ensign Williams
USS Legacy

Luke, who was still in his flying mode, did not really listen to all that was going on. This didn't mean he didn't hear it, he heard it just fine. All the information was stored in his brain in neatly ordered mental binders (who were not always full of women), ready for later use. With the Legacy having crossed into the Klingon side of the Neutral Zone, Luke felt it more important to keep a look at all readings available in case a Klingon warhead would pop up with the sole desire to turn the Legacy to its former state, namely, a pile of rubble floating through space.

His brain stored key words, like whiskers, Keth, tranquillizers, friend, Klingons, transmission. That did peak his interest. With a flick off the wrist he called up the transmission TK had sent the Klingons, Luke felt sending a message was a good strategy. He quickly scanned the words. preliminary data, Romulan, 24th technology, Luke thought TK covered all the neccesary data, advised, avoid conflict, situation, Ensign Wil...

Wait WHAT!? He did not just sent this message under his own name? A low-ranked officer? And he expected the Klingons to take this seriously? On the contrary, they would consider this a grave insult! Everybody knew, official transmissions, especially transmissions of this importance are always signed by someone up high. Like the XO or the Captain, but no lower than that. It's okay to draft the transmission, but it must always be signed by someone with authority. TK! You bloody fool!

He turned his had around and said: "TK, tell me you haven't send that message yet...?" But the grin on TK's face already told him the answer.

Luke heaved a heavy sigh. "Oh myy... How do you think they'll respond to a message signed by a mere Ensign!? You should've let the Captain sign it!" He turned back around and focused his attention on flying the ship.

"That's it, we're all dead." He muttered under his breath.

Cindy looked at Luke and gave a look of shock. She scolded, "Luke, we're not dead until I say we're dead. Got it?" She flipped her golden hair back and walked back to her chair.

However, Williams must not have heard Cindy reply as he called back, "I SUSPECT THEY'LL BE PISSED OFF, ENSIGN. I SUSPECT THEY'LL GET IN THEIR SHIPS AND FLY RIGHT OUT HERE AT MAXIMUM WARP WITH THE INTENT TO MURDER US. OF COURSE WE'LL ALREADY BE DEAD, FIGHTING A SUPER-ADVANCED ROMULAN SHIP, OR ON OUR WAY HOME LEAVING A PILE OF ROMULAN ENTRAILS BEHIND. IN ANY OF THOSE SCENARIOS, THE KLINGON'S WILL HAVE PLENTY OF EVIDENCE TO EXONERATE THE FEDERATION FROM ANY WRONG DOINGS. OR DID YOU EXPECT THEM TO TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT AND COME OUT ROMULAN HUNTING WITH US BECAUSE WE SAID 'PRETTY PLEASE'? IT WAS A CALCULATED INSULT THAT I SIGNED MYSELF SO THAT IF THE KLINGON'S ARE NOT SATED BY KILLING ROMULANS, THEN THEIR PROBLEM IS WITH ME, NOT THE WHOLE SHIP. THE CAPTAIN HAS DENIABILITY THAT'LL SEE PEOPLE LIKE YOU BACK TO EARTH IN ONE PIECE. NOW, SINCE YOU'RE ALREADY READING MY OFFICIAL COMMUNICATIONS ANYWAY, I HAVE SOME TOP-SECRET DISPATCHES FROM STARFLEET INTELLIGENCE THAT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN. PERHAPS YOU'D ALSO LIKE TO BROWSE THROUGH MY PERSONAL LOGS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED."

Tag Luke

TK was thinking of various ways to put the helmsman in his place when an idea struck him.

"ENGINEERING, DO WE HAVE ANY OF THOSE WHISKERS STILL ON BOARD?"

Cindy gave a stern look at Williams that also silently asked why he always had to start fights. She asked him, "What do you have in mind?"

Whitney answered, "We have two reserves on board."

tag - Williams
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:04 am

Return to “Archives”