Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 2

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 2

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Cindy listened to Williams' commentary and smiled. Yes, this made sense and indeed, was much along the lines that Cindy had been considering. She asked Williams outright, "Yes, that is devious. But if you were are a Romulan, would you just chance one ship being successful in starting a war?" Her eyes widened as she asked, "Can we get the communications from the Klingon side of the neutral zone at all?"

tag - Williams, Phil

"Phasers are back online and whiskers are nearly back, two already being there," Cindy half asked and half stated in a pleased voice to Nav and Aislinn. "Very good! Keep up the work. We're going to go back out there momentarily. Work quicker!"

tag - Nav, Aislinn

Cindy turned to Luke and said, "Luke, warp is back online, estimated time to catch our Romulan friend?"

tag - Luke
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

KendleRJ

Re: Mission 1 - Klingon Neutral Zone - Part 2

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:13 pm

"Phasers are back online and whiskers are nearly back, two already being there," Cindy half asked and half stated in a pleased voice to Nav and Aislinn. "Very good! Keep up the work. We're going to go back out there momentarily. Work quicker!"

Nav nodded curtly and squeezed her eyes together. The Captain couldn't see her, and all she was doing was shaking up her brain inside of her skull. "Let's see if we can't contact the whiskers outside and get them up and running as well, Ensign?" She blinked for a moment and said, "Call me Nav, would you? And what would you prefer to be called?"

~Tag Norson

She took her place at one of the stations as they spoke and began to send signals to the others still floating around out there. "I'm trying to get them to respond by sending out a compressed reset signal. I've configured one of the working whiskers, can you help with the other?"

Because working quicker meant working together, and hoping they managed to set everything up before they were back out there, facing off against the ship that they still couldn't see...

~Tags Norson / Everybody
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Cmdr Phil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cmdr Phil » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Cindy listened to Williams' commentary and smiled. Yes, this made sense and indeed, was much along the lines that Cindy had been considering. She asked Williams outright, "Yes, that is devious. But if you were are a Romulan, would you just chance one ship being successful in starting a war?" Her eyes widened as she asked, "Can we get the communications from the Klingon side of the neutral zone at all?"

"If it's the right ship, yes," observed Phil. "The Klingons have a proverb - Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man. A cloaked ship may be regarded as that running man... It also depends on what resources are needed to build and power it. I can't believe tech like that comes cheap. If they'd had enough for a fleet, I doubt they'd have stopped at the outpost."

tag

He made his way to the Comms officer. "Don't bother trying to tap into the official channels. We're enough to the border, we might be able to pick up short-range broadcasts - they're less likely to be encrypted. Might need boosting, but the whiskers will probably help with that too."

Azaria

Postby Azaria » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:15 pm

"And so can I..." Keth said, biting his tongue so his words came out as a garbled 'Ban shoo kank hi'. He looked at the tricorder readings and then back to the burn victim, before using the grease pencil to write not a symbol but a string of them in a horrendously neat look script. He then poked a button on the side of the scanner and a small data chip popped out. He then held his arm up with the chip in hand, and a nurse who had been walking by plucked it from between his claws.

"See, didn't even have to say a thing." Keth grinned widely as he nodded after the nurse "Right now she's going to run his biometrics through the data base and have one of the ships carbon fabricators begin to knit some new skin to match his original tone. Quicker and less damaging than a skin graft."

He then chucked her lightly in the shoulder and smiled wider as they moved onto a dislocated shoulder.

"And don't knock being famous to kin. Every member of my family now knows who I am, from the highest First Son to the Final Grand Nephew. Family is the first connection to responsibility and honor we are granted." Keth said that last part with a touch of reverence to it. He then very calmly reached out with one hand, opening thumb and forefinger wide to pinch the dislocated shoulder and then paused to look at the Engineer with had been holding it.

"Now this is not going to hurt at all." he said in a big slow words that were just written in verbal Comic Sans, before looking at Marian and in a low stage whisper "Totally fictional platitude."

POP!

"Ha! Hole in one!" Keth said with a little self satisfied shiver of his tail "I am really good at this golf thing!"

TAG-Marian and Voddy

Ensign Keth Soban,
Medical,
USS Legacy
BONE SAW!!!
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Cindy exhaled a resigned sigh. "That seems very likely, Lieutenant. A second ship to stir trouble on the Klingon side and another to draw us in...." She then took a deep breath and clucked her tongue before stating, "Worse, we need that Romulan ship for our evidence for the incursion into our space and as to the true culprits."

tag - Williams and Phil

She looked directly at Williams and asked, "Ever play baseball?"

tag - Williams

"This is beginning to feel like a squeeze play at the plate."

tag - Williams and Phil
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Melissa Richards

Postby Melissa Richards » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:02 am

Lt. Cmdr Jill Vodden
CMO
Sickbay

Things were certainly starting to heat up. Injuries began to filter in more and more. Vodden made sure the triage was done correctly, then absented herself to prepare for surgery. There were some severe burns, but the biggest worries were the damage to intramuscular tissue. Places the experimental skin generator couldn't get to. This whole mission so far had been a crapshoot, and Jill found herself wondering as she scrubbed up and then doublechecked the OR rooms if the captain truly knew what she was doing. She made a mental note to ensure she'd clear time on both their schedules for that long talk. The little bridge altercation Vodden had witnessed between Cindy and her officers was concerning to say the least. And more worrying that the XO didn't step in to try to smooth it over.

One could only do so much from down in sickbay, but when this mission was over, Vodden would be ready with some strong words and prescription for a tense and confused crew as to the state of their command structure.

tags

Iar Edra

Postby Iar Edra » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Nav nodded curtly and squeezed her eyes together. The Captain couldn't see her, and all she was doing was shaking up her brain inside of her skull. "Let's see if we can't contact the whiskers outside and get them up and running as well, Ensign?" She blinked for a moment and said, "Call me Nav, would you? And what would you prefer to be called?"

Aislinn paused. She was normally a by-the-books kind of person, which meant referring to colleagues by their rank and/or surname. But she didn't want to be rude nor did she know how to say so and not come off as a jerk. Besides, she was enjoying working with Nav. So she smiled and replied, "Aislinn is fine, thanks."

She took her place at one of the stations as they spoke and began to send signals to the others still floating around out there. "I'm trying to get them to respond by sending out a compressed reset signal. I've configured one of the working whiskers, can you help with the other?"

Because working quicker meant working together, and hoping they managed to set everything up before they were back out there, facing off against the ship that they still couldn't see...

"Sounds like a good idea. I'm on it." Aislinn said. She then looked back at the other woman. "You ok? I've seen you wincing a few times now."

tag - Nav

"You should go to Sickbay when you get to a stopping point with that. I can continue here. You don't want that to get worse."

tag - Nav
Dr. Varina Hightower--CMO--USS Legacy

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:33 am

Aislinn paused. She was normally a by-the-books kind of person, which meant referring to colleagues by their rank and/or surname. But she didn't want to be rude nor did she know how to say so and not come off as a jerk. Besides, she was enjoying working with Nav. So she smiled and replied, "Aislinn is fine, thanks."

"Aislinn, perfect, thank you," Nav said with some relief. It was a bit formal and stilted when faced with an immediate problem to continuously remain formal. Ensign this or Norson that, and would you please press the button, Ensign Norson, ma'am... Now it was going to be easier at least in this situation. It wasn't something she'd do every day, but certainly, first names were going to make this thing flow.

She then looked back at the other woman. "You ok? I've seen you wincing a few times now."

"Oh, hit my head... just a bit of a bump. There's a bruise forming, so it's a bit tender, but this is more important," Nav replied.

"You should go to Sickbay when you get to a stopping point with that. I can continue here. You don't want that to get worse."

"There's no blood, so there's no point in doing anything drastic about it quite yet. Once we've got the whiskers working, and everything is settled, I can report to Sickbay, ok?" That's all she'd need, someone thinking she was a fragile flower who couldn't handle getting shaken around in the belly of the beast. Yes, heads were important, but as her family would have attested had they still be around to do so, they would have agreed that hers was among the hardest.

"I'd rather not tie them up over there with something that is such a low priority that I might be accused of slacking off," she chuckled and finished the final details, before running it through the simulation. During her work on her grandpa's old car back on Earth, she had been gifted with a wise mantra: "Measure twice, cut once." With her Buddhist background and creative thinking, she applied it to nearly everything in her life, especially Engineering situations, including this one. After she got the green light from the diagnostic and simulation, she pressed the key and sent the signal.

"Mine's away, Aislinn," Nav said. "Waiting on response from the whiskers. How's yours coming?"

Tag Aislinn / Everybody
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Archives”