Phil Wilson's Personal Log

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cmdr Phil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phil Wilson's Personal Log

Postby Cmdr Phil » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:49 pm

As the strains of Elgar's Cello Concerto faded away, Phil decided he was now calm enough to dictate his personal log objectively. He cleared his throat and began...

"Computer, Personal Log, Stardate 2261.5."

The computer, in a soothing female voice replied, "Personal Log ready."

"'All the world is mad save thee and me, and sometimes I think even thou art a little mad.' The quote seems apposite today. There are several members of our crew who I suspect were nodded through the psyche evals in the interests of making up the numbers, or perhaps for diplomatic purposes, rather than actually passing them and, if I'm honest, I'm not entirely certain I should have been given a full bill of mental health.

My reaction to Mr Soban's... antics... was less than optimal. I'm not happy with my delayed reactions or with my assumption of danger, counterpointed by my second-guessing of whether I was correctly assuming danger. Such circular thinking could be detrimental in a genuinely dangerous situation.

I shall have to work on this, even though it means I may need to... get to know Mr Soban better..."

Phil sighed heavily.

"There are high points, however. The junior staff generally seem to be an intelligent and well-intentioned bunch. There's definitely some promise in there. All I need to do now is ensure they get exposure to some useful experiences, whilst also doing my best to make sure they survive long enough to benefit from them."

He paused for a moment. He knew better than most how much he would be prepared to do to keep them alive.

Return to “Personal Logs”