Mission 3, Day 1

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mission 3, Day 1

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:56 pm

This is where the first day of Mission 3 should be posted.
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Iar Edra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 3, Day 1

Postby Iar Edra » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:11 pm

Dr. Varina Hightower watched the blue light fade away and the transporter room fade into view. When the azure hue was completely gone, she allowed herself to breathe again and took a step off the transporter pad. She looked to the chief, "Where would I find a..." she looked at the PADD she carried in one hand, "Commander Wilson?"
"I'd check on the Bridge first," he answered.
She nodded once. "Thank you," then she turned to walk out the door. The turbolift was straight ahead, and as she walked in, she dropped her two bags and grabbed the handle. "Bridge." As it started she wondered how this would go. Her record had a black mark on it, and that had cost her other assignments before she'd even been accepted. So the fact that she'd made it onto this ship meant she was farther than she had been in 3 years. She was glad too. The Shipyards Hospital had been a disgraceful assignment, which had been the point of putting her there. It made no difference that she hadn't received the full discipline of a court-martial, which should have indicated that there was much more to the story than just the charges against her. But her demotion at the time was evidently enough to say there was some element of truth to them. The brass seemed to have chosen to see it as black and white, and dealt out further punishment than the courts had seen fit to.
So now she suddenly had been offered this Chief Med position? She had to admit she was a bit suspicious. What kind of ship was this she was getting on? Besides something that had been pieced togther from junk...yay. What was she getting herself into? She tried not to make assumptions before seeing anything, but her experience over the past three years had given her a slightly pessimistic disposition. Still, if she didn't want to get started on the wrong foot, she'd have to put everything behind her, at least for the moment, as she introduced herself.
So as the door opened onto the Bridge, she took a deep breath, threw her shoulders back and stepped out. "I'm looking for Commander Wilson?"
<tag Phil...or someone>
Dr. Varina Hightower--CMO--USS Legacy

Cmdr Phil

Postby Cmdr Phil » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:00 pm

So as the door opened onto the Bridge, she took a deep breath, threw her shoulders back and stepped out. "I'm looking for Commander Wilson?"

Phil turned at the mention of his name, to see a stranger on the Bridge. A quick scan of her uniform and insignia tallied with the notification he'd received earlier.

"Doctor Hightower," he smiled, offering a hand to shake. "Welcome aboard. I'm sorry I wasn't available to meet you at the Transporter Room." He turned to raise an eyebrow at the science officer who had been running a secondary check on the readings that had concerned him.

"All clear, Commander. It must have just been a passing glitch," she reported.

"I see," he acknowledged, not entirely convinced. "Keep an eye on it. Any deviation, call me on the comm." He returned his attention to Hightower. "It appears I can now be excused. Would you like the tuppeny tour now, straight to your quarters to settle in, or would you rather get straight to Sickbay?"

tag - the good (hopefully) Doctor...

Iar Edra

Postby Iar Edra » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:33 am

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Iar Edra

Postby Iar Edra » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:00 am

Cmdr Phil

Postby Cmdr Phil » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Oh, Cindy, you do know how to make a first impression, Phil thought. Why couldn't she at least play along until they had unpacked? Maybe CMOs would last longer than light bulbs if she would just...

Not be Cindy?

He sighed. Would he have her any other way?

Really?

"So..." he chipped in, before the pregnant pause could give birth to lots of little pauses, "Which of us should do the honours?"

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Cmdr Phil

Postby Cmdr Phil » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:08 pm

"Why must it be one or the other, Phil? The two of us can give her the grand tour. After all, I'm sure we would all like to get much more acquainted with one another." Cindy gave a large grin, showing most of her pearly white teeth.

Phi blinked. If Cindy had been a lion, her hairflip and toothsome display would have been a demonstration of authority and ownership. He’d never thought of her as a lion before, but it kind of worked. My ship. My tour. My new CMO. He was surprised was invited too. His read on her body language didn't read as ready to share. Maybe he had it wrong...

“If you’re sure, Captain,” he acquiesced, beckoning a nearby officer to take the Con. There wasn’t much need while they were still in orbit, but someone had to mind the shop.

tag

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Return to “Current Mission Logs”