Mission 2 - The Great Escape

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mission 2 - The Great Escape

Postby Amanda Rose » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Several weeks had passed and Legacy was starting to settle into a routine. Few looked at Cindy as she strutted about in her short skirt, short sleeved uniform. Some of the staff had taken to calling her Cindy but most offered passive resistance either by calling her Captain Cindy or Captain. Cindy occasionally would correct officers to call her Cindy but eventually Captain Cindy seemed to be winning as a compromise and she offered little resistance to it. She recognized that nicknames either had to be pinned on you from a teammate or adopted and there was certainly much worse than Captain Cindy out in the universe.

After a week of studying a red giant and pulsar binary star system, Cindy was feeling rather pleased. She ordered, "Luke, let's move to the next star system." She pointed at a chart that appeared on a view screen. It diagrammed the path they had taken thus far in an arch around the outskirts of Federation space. "It looks like a boring old single yellow star solar system with an M class planet or two but we should be thorough and report our findings to star fleet, don't you think?"

tag - Luke (and others or not)

Cindy turned to Phil and asked, "Think we could find something worth a real scientific paper? I'd love to find something completely new!"

tag - Phil (and others or not)

Legacy headed to the next solar system. It was a short trip, only taking a few hours. When they reached the outskirts, however, the ship's alarms went off. Cindy promptly ordered the shield up. On the viewscreen, Cindy could see two ships firing at another one in front of it. The communications officer immediately called out, "Transmission coming in, Captain Cindy."

Cindy put it on screen. Before the bridge crew appeared an obviously Orion woman. She was undeniably green and beautiful. However, she also appeared trouble. "Federation Starship, I seek asylum. Please help me. I won't last without you. My name is Vivyra. I need your help. Please!"

Cindy answered back, "I am Captain Cynthia Jackson. We acknowledge your request for assistance. Why are you being shot at? And by whom?"

Vivyra answered, "I am trying to escape the slavers. Please help me!" Her ship was struck by a phaser and shook noticeably on screen.

Cindy gave a signal to indicate to mute their voices. "We have to help but does anything feel wrong about this to any of you?"

tag - everyone
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

T-Prime
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 2 - The Great Escape

Postby T-Prime » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:08 pm

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:35 am

Wow.

Nav was down in the bowels of the Legacy, with a bunch of PADDs strewn all over her new office, complete with a bunch of schedules, scheduling conflicts, personnel files, performance review templates, present work load statistics and a ton of extrapolated data that meant a total of diddly and squat... She took a huge breath and let it out slowly. Looking over the piles, she shook her head slowly and put her head in her hands. This wasn't Engineering... this was a slow sentence to death by administrative red tape. Surely someone more inclined to such things would be better suited to such duties... an assistant whose sole duty was to manage all of this infernal paperwork! Well, perhaps that was the point that Whitney was trying to make.

His statement on what he thought she was actually worth.

Well... she would find the easiest path through this mire... and leave it with plenty of time to pursue actual Engineering duties. She fully intended on upgrading the Sick Bay, and developing her adapter. It might be only the first step in creating an interface for diverse Star Fleet personnel, but it would also be a reason for not going completely crazy. Or plotting the torment of one 1st Lieutenant that would remain nameless...

Coffee. It was a necessity. Something that had to happen. Perhaps she could rig something in her office for it to be delivered... or maybe even created... right there! Like a teleporter... or something that might rearrange matter... Her mind wandered and 5 other PADDs slipped to the deck with a clatter. Standing, she knew that there was no way she could wade through all of this. Not without caffeine. Or a chain saw. Or that bone saw from Sickbay.... Shaking her head, she knew she needed to clear it.

10 minutes... and she headed to the gym. Tai Chi... breathing, breathing... Nav jogged. Anything to get there before she hurled those PADDs clear across the room. Or Engineering. Perhaps pinging someone in the head on its way across... She smiled at the thought and that made the trip that much sweeter.

Tags (or not)
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Cmdr Phil

Postby Cmdr Phil » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Cindy turned to Phil and asked, "Think we could find something worth a real scientific paper? I'd love to find something completely new!"

“That would be something, wouldn’t it,” Phil nodded. “It’s amazing how much out here is still unknown. Every time I look at the screen, it’s a different view, new worlds. Anything could be out there.”

His reverie was soon disappated by the distress signal.

Cindy gave a signal to indicate to mute their voices. "We have to help but does anything feel wrong about this to any of you?"

"Are we just assuming she's not lying to us?" TK asked seriously, "We should order both vessels to stand down. I don't recommend letting that woman aboard until we have confirmation of her story. If it comes down to life and death, I strongly suggest protective custody and a heavy guard."

“It could easily be a trap, but it could just as easily be a genuine cry for help,” observed Phil. “We are obliged to rescue those in distress, although with any safeguards we can sensibly apply just in case…”

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:37 am

[quote="T-Prime"][quote]Confident the security personnel would perform adequately.{/quote]

This misplaced thought had all the best intentions placed behind it. But like all plans when put before the enemy of fate, it did not survive long. The four man security detail that assembled in the shuttle bay were among some of the best Starfleet had to offer: and considering that Starfleet lost a lot of the quality stock at Vulcan and during Khan's downtown rumble in San Fran, a lot of these Red Shirts were mint fresh.

But what they lacked in experience they made up for in pluck and courage: and Keth was carrying them all on his back with his surplus of worryingly high expectations.

"Okay: Martinez, Vek and Jenkins you know the score here. Its a rescue Op that has all the possibilities of turning into a major fur-...a major cata-..." Watney, the senior of the Red Shirts present turned to look at Keth as the innocent green eyed Huanni looked down with an all to vacant smile on his face. Watney had been briefed by The Boss concerning the Huanni's lack of control regarding his emotions, and offending him with a politically incorrect phrase seemed like a sure fire way to loose a limb "A major situation."

"We don't know what we'll find over there, so make sure all phasers are set to stun and stay there! We might be facing panicked civi's or we might end up with a boarding action." Watney continued, before coming to a halt when Keth raised a paw "Yes?"

"I don't have a phaser." Keth said simply. There was a reason for this equipment shortage: Watney and his team wanted to come back alive from this mission, and not felled by friendly fire. Or in Keths case very friendly fire. Oh the big cat would apologise left right and centre about the whole thing, but still.

"Keth you're a big imposing side of beef, just seeing you enter the fray will stun folks to silence." Martinez, the token Hispanic red shirt as he liked to joke, jokingly punched Keth in the arm. Keth frowned at the minimally felt impact, and then brought his worried gaze to Martinez.

"But I'm not a cow-"

"Wartney to the Bridge, Shuttle team is good to go!" Watney bellowed into a wall communicator before this conversation got even more surreal.

TAG-Tk and Co

Ensign Keth Soban
Security
USS Legacy
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 am

Cindy listened to Phil and Williams and ordered, "On my mark, extend shields around the lead vessel. Not before."

tag - Phil and Williams

She called out to the firing vessels in a regal tone, "Firing vessels, my name is Captain Cynthia Jackson! I order you to cease fire and explain your actions immediately."

A bald green man appeared on the viewscreen and responded with a snarl, "Captain Jackson, this is not your concern. The girl is my property."

Seconds later, another bald green man appeared on the viewscreen and said, "He lies! She's mine!"

Cindy looked over at Phil and rolled her eyes.

tag - Phil

She then turned back to the screen, "It seems we have a dispute and we shall get to the bottom of this on the Legacy. Any further hostile action against Vivyra will be deemed to be an attack against the Federation."

She then ordered, "Extend the shields around the lead ship."

tag - Luke

The first green bald man growled and said, "You do not know what you have done, Captain. She is...."

Before he could utter another word, the second ship turned and fired on the first. The viewscreen went to space as the Legacy watched both of the green men's ships fire on each other and mutually destroy one another.

Cindy looked over at Phil and said, "That was unexpected."

The Orion girl said, "Permission to come on board, Captain? I thank you for your help but I will need more."

Cindy answered, "Permission granted. I have questions for you, myself." She then cut the viewscreen and said, "Shuttlebay, please ready yourself for the ship. Phil, I think we should greet our guest. Something feels wrong about this. Williams, care to greet our guest, as well?"

tag - all on bridge
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

T-Prime

Postby T-Prime » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:36 am

KendleRJ

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Fast enough, Nav thought to herself and ran at the door that gave way automatically in front of her. She half-wondered if a good door slam might not have helped alleviate some of this tension, but it wasn't something she could speak to... mostly having not had such a reaction before. She breathed deeply, and stretched herself, loosening muscles and willing the knotted tendons and sinews to unwind slowly... but surely.

She began reciting the inner workings of Frankie, beginning with the most basic of systems; an old relaxation technique she used to overcome some of her most challenging and difficult parts of her life. Emotions overtaking her, tears unshed, the pain she had been suffering... embracing it all, she felt the heaviness in her limbs and the weight in her chest like a rock. She had to breathe through it, move through it, despite her limbs feeling like lead weights. She had set her notification for 10 minutes and instead of worrying about the time, she stepped into the peace. Slow. Steady. Methodical.

Press through this Tai Chi kata, step into the light... let everything fall away... she was sure she was muttering under her breath, but she was alone in there. A few more breaths and she could perhaps face returning to her office... withOUT trying to decapitate anyone with the edge of a PADD or 10...

Tags (or not)
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sjet

Postby Sjet » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:41 pm

“Should I go get the welcome mat?” Keth asked, looking around the shuttle bay for the storage locker marked with name.

“It’s just an expression.” Vek said testily, rubbing at the stubble of the beard he was trying to grow out. Three months on the trot and thus far shadow and odd thick patch, but Keth had been very impressed with his determination at self-improvement. The fact that Keth was proud of the young human in attempting to emulate him in the facial hair department will go without saying.

“Expression?” Keth asked, cocking both his head and both ears.

“You know? Like a metaphor? Or do those go over your head?” Vek joked.

“Doubtful.” Keth said with all seriousness, staring into the distance as they awaited the shuttles arrival “I have very good reaction times. It is doubtful anything could go over my head without catching it.”

“Don’t.” Martinez said, placing a hand on Vek’s shoulder as he opened his mouth to respond “You’re not encouraging him, you’re just depleting an infinite supply of answers.”

TAG-Folks waiting for the shuttle.

Ensign Keth Soban and his Crimson Barbershop Quartet.
In-Security
USS Legacy
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X X

"I will eat your soul :3"

Return to “Current Mission Logs”