Awards

Moderator:USS Legacy Host

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Awards

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:08 pm

I have not done this in a long time but how does everyone feel about having awards for posts, etc?

Here's a suggested list that I've lifted from somewhere as a set of examples (Obviously, I would be up for other types of awards. I think some of these are better by vote/poll/nomination as opposed to solely CO/XO decision, too):

Legion of Merit Ribbon - This award is given to a simmer who goes above and beyond the call of duty to promote the sim and shows unwavering dedication.
Legion of Merit Medal - Awarded to member of the crew that demonstrates the highest principles of the sim and helps others live up to them also.
Post of the Month - This award is given for a superior post written by a simmer. This post can be either a personal log or related to a mission.
Posting Challenge - Most Posts - This award is given to the simmer or simmers that wrote the most eligible posts during a posting challenge.
Posting Challenge - Longest Post - This post is awarded to the simmer that wrote the longest post during a posting challenge.
Posting Challenge - Most Intriguing Mission Post - Giving to a simmer that wrote a post during a posting challenge that simply captivated everyone and caught people attention.
Posting Challenge - Most Intriguing Mission Log - Giving to a simmer that wrote a post during a posting challenge that simply captivated everyone and caught people attention.
Posting Challenge - Most Character Development In Post - This award is given to the simmer who displayed a post that truly developed their character during the posting challenge.
Posting Challenge - Best Joint Post - This award is presented to all the participants involved in a truly outstanding joint post during the posting challenge.
Most Humorous Post - This award is given to the simmer who has written a humorous post or log. It can be suggested by any member of the crew during a posting challenge or at any time.
Legacy Survival - Character on Sim 1 Year (awards annually?)
Captain Cynthia Lynette Jackson - USS Legacy

Captain Gary Alexander - USS Horizon

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Tavlia K'Van (Heizz) - ASOG7

Amanda Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Awards

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm good with an Awards system for posts, etc. I think recognition for writing and creative excellence isn't a bad thing at all.

Especially since I have a few posts in mind for Most Humorous post, at least to date. :)

Kolzak (Zak) Nikolaevich Volkov / Epsilon and Katie Marsh / Tara - Michigan Marvels

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Postby Lucasausems » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:07 am

Sounds fun :-)

Amanda Rose

Postby Iar Edra » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Those are great ideas!

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:43 am

First month of the sim is done. I am accepting nominations (via PM) for posts made up through February 28, 2014 at 11:59pm for the following categories:

Post of the Month - This award is given for a superior post written by a simmer. This post can be either a personal log or related to a mission.
Most Intriguing Mission Post - Given to a simmer that wrote a post during that simply captivated everyone and caught people attention.
Most Intriguing Personal Log - Given to a simmer that wrote a personal log during that simply captivated everyone and caught people attention.
Most Character Development In Post - This award is given to the simmer who displayed a post that truly developed their character.
Best Joint Post - This award is presented to all the participants involved in a truly outstanding joint post.
Most Humorous Post - This award is given to the funniest post/personal log of a simmer.

Nominations end on Monday, March 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.

Once nominations are in, assuming multiple nominations, we will have a vote by all members as to the winner(s) of each category.

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Incidentally, I also had someone mention when making his/her vote that we should add a category of Best Post for Character Chemistry. Thoughts?

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:19 pm

I'm good with the additional category. :)

Amanda Rose

Postby Melissa Richards » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Chemistry sounds fine, especially when things blow up :)

Amanda Rose

Postby Amanda Rose » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:28 am

Polls are up for the nominated awards for February. Objective ones will be announced with the poll winners. I think almost everyone was nominated for something. I think that speaks volumes about the quality of writers and the number of posts that are on this sim. Kudos to everyone regardless of winners.

Amanda Rose

Postby Iar Edra » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:46 pm

How about a best line in a post? B/c
"I don't know too much about Huanni, but I'm hoping that I won't have to use the salad dressing."

just really needs to be put out there...

Return to “Awards”